Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why make a Mandalorian?

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
10336774_10152412152209222_2235112982775463111_n.jpg

sabrina

I would said you where more Mongolian or may be Norse than spartan. Spartans where very strict people, I don`t see mandalorians being that strict

Marmora

M
sabrina said:
I would said you where more Mongolian or may be Norse than spartan. Spartans where very strict people, I don`t see mandalorians being that strict
Are you implying that somehow the Mongolians (A people whom under Ghengis Khan forged the greatest and largest empire in the history of the world) and the Norse Vikings (Whom were known to be avid sailors, that mapped river routes that got them to the Byzantium Empire while also founding Russia) were any less strict that the Spartans?

sabrina

Marmora said:
Are you implying that somehow the Mongolians (A people whom under Ghengis Khan forged the greatest and largest empire in the history of the world) and the Norse Vikings (Whom were known to be avid sailors, that mapped river routes that got them to the Byzantium Empire while also founding Russia) were any less strict that the Spartans?
Yes to be blunt
The Spartans did not believe in personal wealth for starters i.e. it`s a bit spartan in here
The Spartans did not sleep in same beds as their wives, as they thought it make them soft. They had to sneak in (this ultimately what lead to their downfall)
The Norse and Mongolians when they won, plundered and pillaged when they did. The Spartans to my knowledge did not (execpt to one class Greek who I think where called the helots, who they used as slave populace)
Spartan men only trained to fight, the other class did every thing else.
While Norse and Mongolians had broad range of skills other than just fighting.

On the whole I say sith where more like Spartans, apart from the wives thing.
Though out all the peoples of earth I say the sith where more roman than anything else

Hmmm.... Free Beskar if you're a Mando, aparrently. Ofc, I made my armor out of scrapped beskar from a crash on Mandalore, so.....

Anyway, make a mando. Best gear, best titles, best vehicles....

Veliz Fett

V
[member="Lelani Sevestra"]

Spartans had a code they strictly lived by, if they did not follow everything, they were not Spartans and became slaves. Mandalorians have a code that they follow to the utmost extreme dedication, if they do not follow every tenant. Then that is a darmada, which the culture shuns, and occasionally kills, exactly like what the Spartans would do. Considering both are warrior societies built around maintaining families, you could make the parallel that they are Spartans in space :). In which they are definitely are :D .

sabrina

[member="Veliz Fett"] you get mandalorian engineers, you don`t get spartan trades men. They got others to do that.
Also their was always two kings of Sparta, why only one mandalore
and end king term he was put on trial, to judge his term

Veliz Fett

V
[member="sabrina"]

All mandalorians are warriors regardless of profession :/, they also look at women equally like Spartans did. Spartans tolerated tradesmen, and allowed them to move into the city, women where business owners. Women in the Spartan society were considered the most important, because they prepared the men to become Spartan warriors. So in reality, your argument is pointless, they both were civilizations that relied on trades in different ways. Both societies, respected families, and both also respected war. You can easily make the argument that mandalorians are space Spartans, as of leaders. Manda'lor, was considered the strongest, and prime example of what a mandalorian should be, his word is respected, and at anytime he can call upon war, or any cause. Look at the kings for a moment, there word was respected, otherwise they would not be in that high of a rank, they were considered the best Sparta had to offer, and they could call upon war at anytime, and ask for the senate to vote on a new cause. Our senate are the chieftains, who will go to war when manda'lor calls upon it. But when comes upon any other idea, they discuss it and ask what there manda'lors opinion is. These two are extremely similar, and therefore I digress: mandalorians are space Spartans .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom