Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

While We're on the Subject, New FU Rank Titles?

EmKay

[member="Tefka"]
That sounds unpromising, but hey, maybe holding a "if you could change the force user rank designs, what would you do?" type contest would be fun.

Erin Ecthelion said:
I, for one, Like the neutral tag. it's white to symbolize not "Holy" or divine right, but a more Clean slate. a term that my father uses goes, "You are a white as a clean sheet." meaning literally, you are a clean sheet of paper. So in respect to that, Neutral people are clean of any factions. HOWEVER that does not mean they are not users of the Dark side, or the Light side alone.
Well, that or we used to have them as gray and it looked ugly so we changed it to white.

But yours is way better, lol.

Vanir

Lightning-Struck Angel
Tefka said:
It's neutral.

Why would you want color on something neutral.
Because I'm funny that way.

Idc what color it turns out as, but I just want another set that doesn't actually say 'Jedi' or 'Dark' on it...

EmKay

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]
Believe it or not, I haven't. I don't stalk everyone to see which side of the force they hang their hat and in which corner club they have their drink.

Also, I stopped looking at it as Star Wars = Jedi a long time ago. Star Wars has a whole lot more, it's just people focus on one element. I like the force, but I'm no Jedi.

The Force isn't limited to Jedi and Sith, but the way the tags read implies anyone who isn't a Sith or witch is a Jedi. Or there's just the little neutral tag that may not convey your alignment.

Rhoujen said:
[member="Tefka"]
That sounds unpromising, but hey, maybe holding a "if you could change the force user rank designs, what would you do?" type contest would be fun.
I think the real problem is, why do you expect things to change just because *you* want them to?

Seriously.

You're one person. It doesn't end with you. But it could start. Put in some effort, get some support, and present thought out solutions. Half-baked "well can we change this stuff too?" threads don't get very far on their own, but they can help ignite the fires of curiosity. I'm already seeing good feedback on the Witch titles, something that I agree could use improvement.

My suggestion is to not focus solely on your own thoughts, but those of others as well. Nothing changes minds around here like suggestions that have 40 likes and a bunch of people on board for the changes.

EmKay

Tefka said:
I think the real problem is, why do you expect things to change just because *you* want them to? Seriously.
From a psychological perspective, I blame Only Child Syndrome, but anyway...

I think another part of my cons in trying to do this kind of thing is that I'm pretty unknown. If it were Ashin, Salem, Cira, or those people making these kinds of ideas, they'd at least get the 40 unique views. I'm a random guy with an idea going "I have an idea!" hoping to use the shadow of Ket's idea to add a spark to my kindling.

I'll do the competition, though. See if it gets anywhere. If it doesn't, at least someone gets to have fun. If it doesn't even go that far, well. Nobody can say I didn't try! :3

As a side note, I wouldn't call this thread half-baked. Half-recipe more like it. I've had the notion to suggest changing the Force User tags around for awhile, but didn't think I'd get any feedback. When it looked like an opportunity presented itself, I couldn't think of a very good way to word the original post.

EmKay

That sounds maddening. I genuinely feel sorry, for you, [member="Darth Sinna"]. No, that's not sarcasm. It looks like sarcasm, though.

Curse you, emotionless words!

[member="Rhoujen"]
If it makes you feel better, even if Cira did this, I doubt it'd get much traction. The fact that Tefka replied to this, really, gave you a bunch more views that normal. (It's the only reason I noticed this while scrolling down to the factory.)

EmKay

[member="Darth Sinna"]
Interesting. It just feels like those high-roller style writers that everyone knows carry a certain degree more... weight, than wee commonfolk such as I. The most I've got going for me is I'm friends with some of the big names and help administrate the ASA.

Deadpan: Yay.

Thanks to Tef, then, for adding his (Force)Dead weight to this thread :D

Some advice on the side, then.

If you really want to make waves and make your own name recognizable, be different. Have you ever looked around and been completely amazed that there's so many people making and wanting rank titles? It's a meat grinder. There will never stop being a demand for rank titles because it's what you think of when you make a new character. It's inherent.

But it's a meat grinder. It's not innovative. You're only moving laterally, creatively. This needs that color. That needs this color. It's fun, and a great starting point. But it gets way too much focus for being such an archaic staple of Chaos.

Try being innovative. Find a new niche. Fill it. Set a new standard. Serve others so that you may serve yourself. Then people will be talking about you how you just talked about all those "popular" kids. But I can tell ya what - rank titles are already here. Introduce us to something that isn't.

Darth Sinna said:
[member="Rhoujen"]
If it makes you feel better, even if Cira did this, I doubt it'd get much traction. The fact that Tefka replied to this, really, gave you a bunch more views that normal. (It's the only reason I noticed this while scrolling down to the factory.)

You underestimate my power of LISTS! and MEMBER TAGS!

ahh i remember the first time we did the the rank title contest. *reminisces.* I made so many then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom