Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

While We're on the Subject, New FU Rank Titles?

EmKay

With Ket suggesting new NFU Rank Titles, I'd like to put forward the suggestion to improve existing and/or add on new FU Rank titles. While I can appreciate the intent put forward by the admins, it seems restrictive to classify all Lightsiders as Jedi, all Darksiders as Dark Jedi and Sith, and the neutral tag looks too lightsidey (white/pure).

I said I'd like to put my skills to use in Ket's endeavour, and I'd very much like to run my own as well. Call it a bandwagon, but when the intent is to improve what's existing, what's the harm? As Ket said, I'd be more than willing to follow what standard exists in order to bring a semblance of uniformity, and to try and fit the site's natural design feel.

[member="Tefka"] / [member="Spencer Jacobs"] / [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] / [member="Matsu Xiangu"] / [member="Ashin Varanin"] / [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

As much as I enjoy having these tags everywhere - they get ridiculously long and the little scroll bar is insane. I'm okay with you making titles for your signatures, but as for special unique ones for the tags under your avatar. I think what we have now is fine, unless you're going to upgrade/redo the ones that are already done. [member="Rhoujen"]

*Shouldn't have to scroll through hundreds of titles to find one or two. Its tedious xD

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I second this. The "vanilla" tags don't really feel neutral enough. I also miss the Sorcerer tags, as now they've become Witch tags and no longer cater to White Current and Sith Magic users, etc.

[member="Rhoujen"]
There is a rogue tag for unaligned light side users.

We are not going to be adding to the collection of FU tags at this point. I suspect that we will also not entertain the editing of existing rank bars either, however that is a decision for [member="Tefka"] to make.

EmKay

Spencer Jacobs said:
As much as I enjoy having these tags everywhere - they get ridiculously long and the little scroll bar is insane. I'm okay with you making titles for your signatures, but as for special unique ones for the tags under your avatar. I think what we have now is fine, unless you're going to upgrade/redo the ones that are already done.

Rhoujen said:
I'd like to put forward the suggestion to improve existing and/or add on new FU Rank titles.
As you can see, I have no problems working with what already exists. I'd also like to point out what [member="Nyxie"] said, that not every Mage is a Witch, and that can be perceived as restrictive. In fact, I do seem to recall a very mild lashback when Staff decided to add Witch to every Magic-based Force User tag...

EmKay

Valiens Nantaris said:
There is a rogue tag for unaligned light side users.
Yes, but the problem with that, in my opinion, is that it implies being a Rogue of some sort. A turncoat, a bandit, or a generally amoral person to some degree. "Rogue" by its definition doesn't even imply being a lightsider. A loosely-moraled Jedi may be called a "Rogue Jedi", but they're gaining no favours with that term.

You see where I'm going with this? The existing tags are extremely archetypal.

[member="Rhoujen"] - You don't have to really use the tags that are listed. Its why there has been a lot of fun in making the really personalized ones for the signatures. Lol I think at one point we were over 200? Yeah just to much and the rate people request them its a huge turn over. Then a lot aren't used and of course lol when we get rid of it everyone wants it again.

Also they have to be archetypal - or we'd have thousands of unique and special titles that maybe 1 or two people would even use. Its not practical.

EmKay

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]
I'm not suggesting to make a long list of tags to give you all a massive headache to open the Rank Title Selector UI. I'm suggesting making the existing tags more loosely bound.

"Not all Light Siders are Jedi" so make the Rogue tag something that doesn't imply being a turncoat Jedi, or a turncoat Sith.

"Not all Mages are Witches" So make something like it was when I first got here, where it just said "Acolyte" and "Elder" and such terms.

EmKay

Ashin Varanin said:
Worth noting that those tags were created explicitly for the Witches of Dathomir faction.
That's a bit of an odd faction choice. Jedi and Sith, sure, because people think of Jedi and Sith when someone drops "Star Wars", but I didn't know what a Witch of Dathomir was until just recently. (Within the past four years)

[member="Rhoujen"] Well they were a thing and there are alot of "odd faction" choices here. Its the fun of it to create something. What you're suggesting and to my understanding - it would just be redundant titles for those that are already created.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
That's even less reasonable then, because there are less Witches of Dathomir than any of the "mage" archetypes. Canon or OC.

I can understand not adding non-canon tags but I agree in that the current ones are too restrictive. What's one or two more sets going to harm?

EmKay

The thing is, I'm not suggesting on adding more really. If you think in your judgment adding onto the list would be the best form of execution, then I have to refer to [member="Nyxie"]'s comment that what harm could three more images be on the list?

What I'm suggesting is broadening the spectrum of what's already there (and making the true Neutral A/K/M tags less vibrant and holy-looking).

Also, thank you to you three (Spencer, [member="Ashin Varanin"], and [member="Valiens Nantaris"]) for giving this thread some attention. I appreciate getting some feedback on this.

Even after all the time I've spent on this site...I'm still not sure what grey/neutral forcer actually means. Beyond being neither affiliated with the Jedi or the Sith. Seems a bit like a catch-all. Same with rogue forcer.

I'm ok with the tags we have though.

EmKay

Tell you what, how about we put this down to a simpler system? Instead of arguing* about it, how about I rework things around and we can see what the Glorious Overlord thinks, or if he decides to just slit my throat and leave me in the closet to keep quiet, haha.

*Argument meaning a civil debate where we defend our perspectives. I'm not getting upset and I hope you're not either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom