Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Wheel of Fortune (Smugglers and Bounty Hunters)

Ok she finally made it to the doorway she slowly stuck her head in, a dangerous move as anyone could shoot it off at their pleasure. She saw a few things that made her feel, well right at home. She holstered her blaster and walked in, shrugging her shoulders and then giving quick nods to anyone looking her way.

The words thermal detonator rang out, that old trick again least I hope it is a trick - for curiosity sake she walked towards the group standing up. She heard who is in?

In for what? She looked to the faces all of them on edge the little hairs on the back of her neck stood up a bit of an early warning system that said trouble. How bad can it be?

Without knowing the odds, the trouble, if there was cargo or if she was going to be a grunt on the ground, "In for what? " She smiled hoping that her insanity would bring the tone in the room down some. She waved her hand to show she wanted a drink.

A cautious droid inched towards her, "something that doesn't burn" She looked back to the group, "Can I get anyone else something?"

She was trying to use her barmaid skills, be friendly smile and make everyone like everyone else.

[member="Gand"] | [member="Jerec Asyr"] | [member="Soloman Priest"] | [member="Vaudin Miir"] | [member="Julian Valentine"] | [member="Joti Johayc"] | [member="Jic Drow"] | [member="Percy Vaceldau"] | [member="Drox Fuga"]

<p>While the Smuggler groaned on the ground the Gand reached for the binders on the back of his belt. He'd then move to place them around the smuggler's wrists. Depending on how quick, or drunk, [member="Jerec Asyr"] was he may had time to get a good punch in before the Gand was able to bind him. The Gand was a low-level findsman, quick but not that-quick.</p>

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
[member="Gand"]

"Son of a mother of a-"

Click went the binder on his left wrist. He struggled halfway up with not a lot of success, lashed out, connected with something hard enough to hurt his hand-

Click went the binder on his right wrist too. Between the nut shot and the gut shot, standing wasn't working out terribly well.

"My karking gosh. Lemme guess." He wiggled his hips. "You'll take me in cold."

Click! Went the binder on his left wrist, without incident. Snap! Went the binder around his right wrist, without protest. [member="Jerec Asyr"] looked up at the Gand with an amalgam of drunken stupor and sobering realization at what was happening.

"At present that is not necessary, but that can certainly be arranged."
The Gand clicked, though he doubted the human had an ear for his tongue. The Gand wrapped his hand around the chain between his binders and pulled him up.

"It's time to go." The Gand clicked harshly, and began to walk towards the dock.

Just as I was shifting my weight and standing up, two more people approached the now large mass of people. It was obvious we were doing something, and many wanted in. Some wanted in, but they wanted to bring us in. As in having bounties on our head. I know for a fact that I don't have any bounties on me, at least in this sector. Maybe in the Core Worlds, maybe in the unknown regions. Whatever. Whatever happens, happens. As the two approached, one seemed assertive and here to collect any type of bounty, and the other seemed nervous.

Nervous energy.

I hate it. It made you rush, it made you lose things in translation.

It made you come short on deals.

And a variety of other mistakes. Nonetheless, I listened to what she had to say. These cantina conversations were always the most interesting sometimes.

"You must be that movin' crew. Sorry, I'm late, my first job here." she said. As she continued, I kept my hand in my coat pocket on the holster of my DL-44. There was a crowd gathering, attention was being brought to them and I didn't like it. I didn't plan on blasting my way out of here, but I'd ditch the job if it meant I wasn't in Imperial hands.

"You ladies and gentlemen look like you're almost done, hope I didn't miss much... W-what'cha haulin?" she added, stuttering somewhat nervously. Newcomers anxiety.. or something else. Likewise, my smirk from [member="Kingsley"] turned into a grin, the cigarette resting at the edge of my mouth between my teeth.

"Well, a variety of things, sweetheart." I said, speaking calmly.

Just as I finished sliding my comment into the situation, the more assertive one stepped forward. He seemed very determined on his objective. Can't fault him, gotta make a living somehow.

"This poodoo show is over. All of you have bounties, and one of you is coming with me. Take your pick. Pull a gun, and I'll put you down. Preferably not you, I like my ship to smell decent." he said.

Well, definitely a bounty hunter. Keeping my legs kicked up on the table, I laid back and crossed my hands behind my head, watching the fest of events unfold.

Then, as if out of no where, came another curious soul. After she ordered a drink, she asked if anyone else would like a drink. I, still grinning, shook my head no and blew the hair out of my face.

"No thanks, Miss. Mighty kind of ya, though." I said.

[member="Rekha Kaarde"] | [member="Soloman Priest"] | [member="Vaudin Miir"] | [member="Julian Valentine"] | [member="Joti Johayc"] | [member="Jic Drow"] | [member="Drox Fuga"]

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
Joti had taken a seat and was ready to either have a pleasant conversation or be shot at by the time another bounty hunter
( [member="Soloman Priest"] ) had come up and started pointing blasters. she listened to his demands and leaned back in her chair while her HUD started pulling up bounties, looking for matches. turned out that both [member="Yula Perl"] and [member="Kingsley"] were at the table. how lucky.

"Ha. haha. Hahahaha! Well that's a crying shame isn't it?" she then stood up and shrugged, stepping in between the casual fellow ( [member="Percy Vaceldau"] ) and Kingsley, leaning forward with both hands on the table.

they've got him outnumbered, If he kills anyone, they'll all start blasting at him... can he hit them all before someone gets lucky though?
He should've grabbed someone first. then he'd have a shield at least...

"The next time a hunter complains about a "lack of subtlety" I'm telling them about tonight." she laughed, taking a step back with her hands raised slightly in a non-threatening gesture.

"Tell you what bounty hunter-" she then suddenly ducks behind [member="Kingsley"] , grabbing him by with one hand and putting one of her DL-44s to his back with the other, and taking a couple more steps back, using him as a meat shield, as she doubted the smugglers would fire on him, whether they particularly liked him or not.

"One of them's coming with me too. And if you don't want kingsley, then he's coming with me... ain't that right birdie?"

She then looks to the other mandalorian, or at least, the one with a helmet, ( [member="Jair Ordo"] ) and tilts her head to one side.

"How about you Vod? you protecting the pink one or are you in the guild?"

There were two things I did well; eat and sleep. Only one of those I did while awake, and by that I mean eat. Because if you tried to be awake while you were asleep, you were probably just stupid. Or on drugs, which circled around to being stupid.

So what was I doing while people waved blasters and shouted stuff that I didn't really care about, which was a close close third thing that I did ok at, I was eating. I wasn't really sure what it was I was eating, but if I had a credit for all the chit I didn't know about, I'd be rich and I'd pay other people to know things for me. As I looked around and saw that no one came to hand me a bag of credits, I figured it didn't matter.

So, I sat, I'm actually accumulating things I'm not bad at here, and ate, I decided I would continue not knowing or caring, just incase those credits were in the mail. Because when people could make sparkles from their fingers and swing laser sticks without chopping off their own heads off, getting credits for being dumb didn't seem so far fetched.

Keep him.”, Soloman said with a growing annoyance.

He moved around the table and pressed his gun to Percy’s head, assuming he didn’t move. A glance to his vambrace, and he checked - no outstanding bounties, but the Sith would pay well for a smuggler in their territory regardless. A shame, he was hoping for more than a token payment from the best paying authoritarians in the Outer Rim.

Soloman sighed and tossed Percy a set of bracers, motioning with his gun to put them on.

I’m on a schedule, kid. Put ‘em on nice and easy, and I’ll even let you smoke on the way to a Sith Authority station. What’dya say?”, he said with a quiet smirk.

Even if he didn’t agree, Soloman always had a method for bringing them in alive. The reward for working under the table as a personal assassin for one of the largest military contractors in the galaxy, it seemed.

[member="Joti Johayc"] │ [member="Percy Vaceldau"] │ [member="Rekha Kaarde"] │ [member="Jic Drow"] │ @Gand | [member="Jerec Asyr"] | [member="Vaudin Miir"] | [member="Julian Valentine"] | [member="Drox Fuga"]

"Well, this is definitely an interesting turn of events." I said, sighing as I blew one more puff of smoke out of the now spent cigarette, flicking it away with one hand as the blaster pistol pressed against my head. Yep. Definitely not surviving that. These guys were seasoned. The Sith wouldn't take it easy on me, but I've broken out of every jail or prison I've been thrown in as of yet. Who knows? Maybe some of those mystic Silver Jedi would save me. Maybe even a rebellion would end it. Time would only tell, it was the defining factor in the galaxy.

As I caught the bracers in my hands and fumbled around with them, I stood up and watched out of the corner of my eye as the blaster followed my height. I moved, it moved, he moved. Maybe this smuggling business was some trouble I wouldn't want to get into anyway.

Heh.

The credits were always nice though. So was the freighter, the people, the ladies, and more.

Putting one bracer on my left and following with the right, I slammed them onto the table to cuff them shut.

"Guess I'll have to take you up on the cigarette." I said, sighing as I looked around the table. Smugglers weren't the type to do daring rescue missions or prison breaks, so unless some sort of counter-hired gun was here, I wasn't in luck.

"You and me are in the same boat now, huh?" I chuckled nervously as I looked over to @Kingsley

I hadn't truly given up, of course I have some fight left in me.

[member="Soloman Priest"] | [member="Joti Johayc"] |

Kingsley

intergalactic bird of mystery
"Alright, teach me to live then."

Kingsley's beak curved into a wicked smile of his own.

"That's what I like to hear!" he finished mixing both drinks, then instead of passing one to [member="Percy Vaceldau"] the smuggler gulped each down in quick succession, "Rrrrawk! Smooth. Okay lesson one, the most valuable thing you have is your reputation. Don't forget that."

He snorted at [member="Jic Drow"] as if his participation was even a question. Captain Kingsley was famous for taking jobs from anyone dumb enough to hire him.

"Anyway where was I? That's right, reputation. None of these sleemos are gonna mess with ol' Kingsley and you know why? Cause they know I'll blow their karking head off if they-"

This poodoo show is over. All of you have bounties, and one of you is coming with me.

"Him!" Kingsley jabbed a talon at Percy, "That's the man you want!"

The next words [member="Soloman Priest"] spoke turned his blood cold. He was far too pretty to die.

"Tell you what bounty hunter-"

"Huh-gak!" before he realized what was happening tiny yet powerful arms were hauling him out from behind the bar and there was the familiar feeling of a blaster barrel shoved against his spine.

"One of them's coming with me too. And if you don't want kingsley, then he's coming with me... ain't that right birdie?"

"Come on now baby," Kingsley batted his eyes desperately at [member="Joti Johayc"], "We can talk about this. Let me buy you a drink!"

He was a coward at heart and not interested in any doomed last stands. But the vulture had been to prison before and didn't plan on going back. That meant biding his time and waiting for Joti to make a mistake.

The [member="Gand"] got a good grip on the chain between the cuffs. Jerec had no choice but to follow.

Had the Gand searched him for weapons? He couldn't recall. There'd been a knife in the small of his back as always. Kind of useless with his hands cuffed in front of him. Maybe next time he'd invest in a belt buckle knife. He'd once known a Devaronian who kept a ring-end shiv clipped horizontally in the fly of his pants for situations just like this one.

"This is the Directorate bounty, right? Any chance you'll let me go if I tell you they're really, really bad people?"

As the Gand tugged on [member="Jerec Asyr"]'s chains the smuggler followed in tow, remarkably without any drunken stumbling. The mark began his pleas, with an appeal to morality. The Directorate were bad, bad people. The Gand kept moving towards the starport.

"This Gand is not here to give judgement, only to provide acquisition" The Gand clicked. If he was still speaking there was a good chance he had some way of understanding. The Gand kept a strong pull on the smuggler's chains, aiming to keep his arms extended.

"The smuggler's thoughts would be better spent on an escape plan after delivery." He clicked. The Gand were a curious people, not swayed by usual tactics. If the traveler knew of the Findsman, perhaps he could attempt a more religious appeal. For now he was headed rapidly to the Band's ship. They'd be there soon.

[member="Gand"]

While Jerec wasn't exactly sober, the bulk of his incapacitation had to do with punches in unhappy places - and the Twi'lek lady's recent betrayal and rejection. He hadn't known her long, even as such things were reckoned, but still.

Being drunk would have been preferable. And to that end-

"They're gonna pay you two and a half million," he said as the Gand hustled him into a ship. "Think you could spare point zero zero zero zero zero, uh, zero zero one percent of that to sedate me with alcohol? It's not my best day."

He was fairly sure he'd misjudged the zeroes one way or the other and was asking for either a minuscule sip or a really expensive bottle.

Ghed Saya

G
[member="Vaudin Miir"]

The Y-Wing had a small, aftermarket cofferdam on the bottom of its neck. Not wanting to fuss with the heavy freighter's hatch security and so forth, Ghed had nestled up against a viewport. Now quite cold, even in his armor, he squatted on the window. His magnetic boots locked onto the transparisteel.

His plasma cutter made a cataclysmic noise and started eating up the oxygen in the sealed cofferdam. His helmet's air quality monitor complained loudly.

Ideally, he could cut his way in before the ship's owner found him squatting on the window.

"Patience." The Gand spoke to [member="Jerec Asyr"] as he traveled through the port. The duo received more than a few second looks, but no one tried to stop the Gand. The benefits of an insectoid face were that no one could read you. Most thought you walked the utmost seriousness. They weren't wrong.

Once the Gand brought the mark into his ship he pushed him against a wall and brought around his carbine to face the smuggler.

"There is a binder on the pipe on the wall behind you. Click it against your wrist, and the Gand will give you a drink." The Gand clicked at the smuggler and motioned to the binder on the wall. If he tried something the Gand would shoot a stun bolt, but he was hoping not to move the dead weight. If Jerec complied he'd undo the set of binders across his two wrists, so there was only one wrist stuck to the wall, and then go get him a drink. A whiskey usually preferred by insectoids rather than mammals, but a drink nonetheless.

[member="Gand"]

"One free hand AND a drink? Is it Life Day already?"

Under the gun, Jerec did exactly as instructed, because he didn't have much in the way of options. A knife against a hard-shelled hunter with a gun? No thank you.

In short order he found himself bound to said pipe on said wall via the binder on said wrist -- his left -- and sipping said insectoid whiskey.

"Truth be told I'm pretty tired of running. These bastards keep showing up. Better to just get it over with."

"How fortunate." The Gand replied. He wasn't afraid of a fight, but non-compliance prisoners were annoying to deal with at best. Still, it was always better to keep his guard up.

"It will be over soon." The Gand stated to [member="Jerec Asyr"], and headed to the cockpit. His old ship wasn't too fancy, and lacked amendities like a portable carbonite freezer, but he did have a camera installed in the cargo bay so he could keep an eye on any captured marks. He'd bring up the display and go through procedures to leave the Wheel's docks. Once clear of the docks he'd send a comm to [member="Natian Sanorge "]that he had his bounty. Afterwards he thought about the potential payoff.

What was the Gand even supposed to do with that much credits?

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
"Aww, I kinda liked that one" joti chuckled when the other hunter ( [member="Soloman Priest"] ) took away the casual fellow( [member="Percy Vaceldau"] ).

But then kingsley offered drinks...

It had been some time since an acquisition of hers had offered to pay for drinks, most folk either struggled or opened up the conversation with a stray blaster bolt. That's just what happens when you're grabbing up local thugs for a hundred credits apiece. This was a somewhat refreshing change of pace, and she enjoyed the ones that talked, as strange as that might sound, given her kind were usually quiet and easily irritated.

"Oh [member="Kingsley"] " she laughed "That's mighty generous of you, but I brought my own. gotta have something for the road don't cha?"

Now she was gently nudging him towards the cantina's exit, being sure to angle kingsley in between herself and the other smugglers, just in case.
"Why don't you and I sample some on our way to the guild? it'd make the trip less boring, and we can talk about your adventures while we drink"
And by "Sample" she meant taste something while kingsley got too trashed to effectively escape, but he didn't need to know that. By her tone, one could almost imagine the crooked half-smile under that helmet of hers, she was enjoying this little plan of hers, maybe too much even.

| [member="Percy Vaceldau"] | [member="Percy Vaceldau"] |[member="Soloman Priest"] | [member="Kingsley"] |

Eye of Solomon

E
The lift doors opened, and the Cragmoloid thundered out onto the deck. To those who had never seen a member of his species, he must have looked quite the sight in his easily recognizable black robes and dull gray armor. His lightsaber was already in his hand as he strode forward, pudgy eyes squinting in concentration as he scanned the various crowds milling about and conversing around him. "Remain vigilant, I smell tension wafting through the air."

With the intuition of a Sith, the pachydermoid moved toward the entrance to a nearby Cantina. It appeared that some sort of commotion was happening inside, enough that several patrons had slipped out to avoid any confrontation as the large alien approached flanked by two of his soldiers. One person barred his way, a bystander who lacked the perception to notice the hulking being that had been heading in his direction. With flippant disregard, the Sith knocked him aside with the Force and sent the lad careening into a nearby table, toppling it over and spilling the contents of whatever drinks may have been sitting on it all over the already dirty floor.

"Stand and deliver!" Bellowed the boisterous Sith, "Present identification or be considered an enemy of the peace."

[member="Percy Vaceldau"] | [member="Soloman Priest"] | [member="Kingsley"] | [member="Joti Johayc"] | [member="Jic Drow"]

Chit.

Soloman had hoped the Sith didn’t catch wind of the situation - or at the very least, didn’t care enough to send an Inquisitor. He exhaled softly before reaching into his pocket, never removing the weapon from the back of Percy’s head;

Soloman Priest. Authorized Bounty Hunter, I was about to uh-”, he glanced to the group and then back.

- We were about to bring these smugglers in, collect the prices on their head. Enemies of the state and what not.”, he chuckled.

He sniffled and looked around - Sith were notorious for getting antsy, and striking out against anyone in the group. The Cragmoloid looked angry, though most of their species did - Priest thought he looked like he had something to prove. It wasn’t something that bode well for a group of bounty hunters, let alone ones embroiled in a hot battle of gun pointing.

Saves us some time I suppose - We could turn them in to you, you fill out the details, and we’ll all be on our way. Works for me, works for you, what'd ya think?”, Soloman offered, hoping the other Bounty Hunters might back him in his thought.

[member="Eye of Solomon"] │ [member="Percy Vaceldau"] | @Kingsley | [member="Joti Johayc"] | [member="Jic Drow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom