Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Wheel of Fortune (Smugglers and Bounty Hunters)

Eye of Solomon

E
One such Sith had been slumming on the southern border of the Empire waiting for an alert like the one that scrolled across his datapad, his sulfuric eyes burning with delight as thick lips parted into a hideous smile. "Set course for the Wheel," trumpeted the pachydermoid, "And inform Sector Command that I've finally caught something on the end of my line, live and wriggling!" A thick, flat tongue protruded from his wide mouth, leaving a trail of viscous fluid across the length of his lower worm-like lip.

The Tau-class Sith Shuttle emerged out of hyperspace within sight of the Wheel, hundreds of other ships moving to and from the station going about their business. The Wheel was the largest hub of commerce in the whole region, the local administrators keeping themselves on good terms with the Sith Empire by allowing the Empire to move their goods through the Wheel unchecked. It was either that or suffer diplomacy at the end of the Empire's guns, and the local administrators were too self-preserving to risk it. As it stood, many Sith and Imperial officers had special access codes that allowed them to move about the station freely, which the Sith shuttle now transmitted to landing control.

As confirmation was relayed, the shuttle slipped into a small VIP hangar near the section where the alert had originated. The shuttle came to a rest with a hiss of hydraulic air, the boarding ramp lowering to reveal a single Cragmoloid flanked by black-plated Legionnaires of the Imperial Legion. A greatsaber hung from his hip, far larger than any typical lightsaber wielded by beings far smaller than the three meter tall alien. As they walked towards the lift that would take them up to the more populated areas of the Wheel, the Cragmoloid relayed his orders to the soldiers, "Sweep this sector, level by level, report any unusual activity. If you encounter a Jedi, observe but do not engage. I will take them on personally."

Their encrypted reply garbled through the communicator in the Sith's ear as the lift doors closed behind them.

"Alright, alright, sorry I'm late, got hung-up by docking authori—"

When Kalen had come stumbling up to where the meeting was supposed to take place, he didn't quite expect the chaos that would immediately unfold. Somebody shouted something about a thermal detonator, everybody started swarming around, it was quite the mess. He glanced over, catching a glimpse of where the supposed detonator was, only to see a ball rolling around. Huh. He turned back to the group, glancing at the Mandalorian-armoured man that was there, standing close behind a Zeltron.

A little too close, it looked like, but Zeltrons and the people they chose to keep around them were weird sometimes. "Why is it that all the people I come to for a job have to have a Mando'ad hanging around them?" he grumbled, coming up to a free spot at the table. "First I see a Sith ship out of the viewport, and now a Mandalorian."

Of course, he hadn't heard the Mandalorian's whisper to the Zeltron girl, so he didn't realize the man was a bounty hunter. Kalen figured it was probably like the last job he'd been around, with some guard who acted barely old enough to wear their armour. He glanced around the group.

It seemed obvious that he main part of the business must have already concluded.

"So, who's carrying the thing, anyways? And which of us is going to be a diversion or play bait? Seems like the sort of job where that might be necessary, but if so, I've got a contract for you to sign where you agree to my hazard pay."

[member="Jair Ordo"] [member="Yula Perl"] [member="Kingsley"] [member="Percy Vaceldau"] (also [member="Soloman Priest"] and [member="Tulan Kor"] off in the distance, I'm not forgetting you)

Chaos erupted, someone screamed that there was a thermal detonator rolling in. Bodies flew absolutely everywhere. People were screaming, running, but there was no actual thermal detonator. It was just a device to ensue panic. The majority of the Smugglers and their contact at the table didn't flinch. They all had some sort of experience with dirty business. Shortly before the panic ensued, a Mandalorian came up behind their new Zeltron friend and primed a blaster at the back of her head. Then, he said the magical phrase. It was the first time he heard the phrase in person, he only heard tales of hunters collecting their bounties this way. But he said it.

"I can bring you warm, or I can bring you in cold." he said.

While the conversation at the table continued, the Ishi Tib asked what exactly he had done to his ship. He actually didn't do much to it, but he was making some minor modifications.

"Well, I've added extra chaffs to it. Haven't done much yet. Like I said, almost brand spankin new. Working on getting some more droids around the place. Could always use a co-pilot or gunner, y'know?" he said, now passionate about his freighter.

"So, I assume I'm getting a fraction of the supply onto my freighter and we're all heading to Sith space? I've got shrouds configured for their scanners if need be." he asked.

[member="Kalen Genet"] | [member="Eye of Solomon"] | [member="Jic Drow"] | [member="Soloman Priest"] | [member="Yula Perl"] | [member="Vaudin Miir"] | [member="Ghed Saya"] | [member="Jair Ordo"] | [member="Kingsley"] | [member="Tulan Kor"] |

Kingsley

intergalactic bird of mystery
"Pretends not to know the celebrity. Class act, this one."

When [member="Jair Ordo"] pulled a blaster on [member="Yula Perl"] the vulture man's eyes lit up with delight. Kingsley 'ooooh'ed at her as if they were both a pair of juveniles and she'd been caught misbehaving. [member="Jic Drow"] was talking business but he was still fixated on [member="Percy Vaceldau"].

"Yeah yeah sounds great Jic," he waved his hand dismissively at the Ishi Tib, oblivious to anything that was just said, "You really mean to tell me you've never heard of the Eravana? The Rhen Var Heist?? The Sunspot Break Out?! Best spice dealer on Cloud City??!"

"Thermal detonator!"

"Rrrrawk! Every bird for himself!"

Kingsley launched himself over the bar in a flash and landed with a heavy thump. After untangling everything the smuggler popped back up and racked the pump-action on his scattergun. He aimed wildly back and forth around the cantina before realizing that it was a false alarm. The roughnecks at the bar seemed unperturbed. Slowly he lowered his weapon.

"So anyway like I was saying," he started mixing drinks for himself and Percy as if nothing just happened, "Kid, I'm gonna teach you how to live."

Vaudin Miir

Planetary President of Iktotch
Running a ship dark and silent was about the biggest test of how well a captain knew his ship you could imagine. You had to know her through and through. Every nook cranny, and curve from bow to stern. You had to know the exact thrust oof each attitude adjuster every nanosecond delay between button and system response. And after 20 years with the same big sweet beauty, he knew the Bantha better than he knew himself.

"Take my love, take my land," he hummmed to himself as he scanned the station, "Take me where I can not stand."

He saw the tell tale depresion of a docking ring, probably reserved for maintenance and emergency boarding.

"I don't care cause i'm still freeeeee." He sang to himself as he began to count the seconds as the ring passed out of sight under the old TL-1800, "You Schuttad can't take the sky from me."

He slowed the ship over the ring and lowered his ship to just a one meter matching rotation with the station and lowered his front cargo manipulation arms to give him some cushion if a drastic change happened.

"Take me out, to the black!" He continued to sing as he worked to blindly lower the docking ring toward the station, "Tell them i ain't coming back, burn the land and boil the sea, You can't take the sky from meeeee!"

He grabbed the yoke that would allow him to seal and breach the the docking port long enough to drop his cargo. It was a bold and dangerous maneuver. But it wasn't his first time.

[member="Ghed Saya"]

THE WHEEL~!!

Here she was again on the Wheel, spinning, turning and riling her insides up until she felt the need to relief herself of dinner and anything else she had taken in the last hour.

It reeked of bounty hunters around here. She couldn't blame them really but feth they needed to learn to stand down wind or take a refresher once in a while. Didn't they earn enough credits for that??

There was the sounds of violence, and why wouldn't there be this was the Wheel. Rekha pulled her own and began to move cautiously towards the sounds. She began to whistle a little tune to keep her mind busy as she looked for trouble. 'whhh sss ttllllee....whhhhh" She peered around a corner..

[member="Eye of Solomon"] | [member="Vaudin Miir"] | [member="Kingsley"] | [member="Percy Vaceldau"] | [member="Kalen Genet"] | I apologize for anyone I missed

Location; Wheel, upper decks
Objective: Kill the Rat
Items: Vanguard BDU, RX-329, Tidefall, and VT-RAM Disruptor along with a MAT

-- Drox was on the hunt, looking for the spy that was attempting to have his head delivered to the Sith Emperor. The man probably did not know who the Commando was, but did not stop his minor disruption of the Imperial machine. Now it was this Spy that was casing a disruption in his Rebel Cell. His contacts had told him of a rat that was relaying information to Imperial higher ups, but there was no description of the rodent. Only that a shipment of supplies meant for the Resistance was going to be interrupted.

--The Commander of the Rebel Cell was nearly ready to give up after patrolling the area until he was notified of a small group of Bounty Hunters arriving. He thought little of it, after all this was the Wheel, an outpost of scum and creditary gain individuals. The conflict between the Sith, Mandos, and the Silvers brought in some of the best Mercenaries available. As such the station was a good place to earn a credit or two, if you found the right buyer. Otherwise you would be the pay day. However, looking at the records, it seemed that there was a spike in arrivals. There was no conflict in the area, and pirates were free to do as they wish outside Imperial borders. So there was no reason for this spike, over-watch was the best call.

-- It was on this upper level overlooking a bar where he paid good credits to learn of a few unsavory yet well known Pilots who specialized in Cargo Transportation. He was not an idiot to not know how to read between the line. He found his smugglers, however, the reports were that sixteen bounty hunters arrived in the past three hours, so he could only wait to see the sluggers show up.

-- He was here for the traitor, and members of the guild dont often break the code. The Fuga Family however, had their way to make some talk. Securing the Smugglers was only a bonus. His cell was not included in this mission, so they probably had their own security and his cell was only good for quick conflicts.

-- Tick, Tick.

-- Drox's coms came to life as one of his troopers rang him. He looked at the entrance of the bar and noticed that a group of people were leaving in a hurry and panicked. Not his mission so he stayed in position.

-- "Commander," A distorted voice changed from a helmet mic appeared before him. He knew it was one of his troopers, he trained them all after all, "Dockmaster called, Imperial shuttle, single Inq and a small detachment."

-- Damn, they responded quicker then he thought. Arrival of the Sith only caused more problems then solved them. New mission, supplies over turn coats as that what was solvable at the moment. What did he hear about this mission, something about an Alliance Pack, well it was better then nothing. He knew an old Alliance Medical Frequency that some Alliance in Exile member used, Drax fought in the Siege of Commenor with an Alliance member. Lucky bastarred died before being captured, Drox not so lucky.

-- Drox attempted to radio [member="Jic Drow"] using an old encrypted channel, "Serra Charlie Three Three Seven, Inquisitor arrival, get cargo moving, overwatch three o'clock outside door, does cargo require assistance?"

-- The Commander hoped that it was able to reach the man, but he could only hold his position a little longer before he would have to engage the Imperials. Striking a blow was good, big or small, and he was not willing to step away from blooding a Sith's nose a little.

Smugglers: [member="Yula Perl"] [member="Vaudin Miir"] [member="Percy Vaceldau"] @Kingsley [member="Percy Vaceldau"] [member="Kalen Genet"]
Hunters: [member="Jair Ordo"] [member="Ghed Saya"] [member="Soloman Priest"] [member="Eye of Solomon"]
[member="Tulan Kor"] [member="Rekha Kaarde"]

[ Theme ]

qL0WHnc.jpg

Through the grapevine of the underworld The Mirage had learned of an arms deal that was to take place on The Wheel. The cryptic nature of The Mirage's crime lords made it hard to decipher the true intentions and desires for the outcome of stealing the cargo of the rumored deal, perhaps to hold leverage over someone, perhaps to sell it to the intended recipient at a higher price, or perhaps simply to create a disruption in the trade. Julian Valentine did not know, nor did he care. The Mirage had given him a mission and he would get it done.

Valentine seemed to fall into a trance as he walked through the corridors of the Wheel, his eyes dancing around the visual notifications on his HUD, two small active blips that represented his pilot, the Togruta smuggler Tanaa Val, and informant on the mission, Zeltron cyborg Svel Droma. All three of them had a history, a familiar past that seemed long ago now. They were all, at their core, Red Ravens. That time had passed and now they worked for the enigmatic Mirage. A secret society of crime lords of dubious intent. Not one between them could say who they truly worked for, they had never met any of the crime lords of The Mirage themselves, nor even knew their names. They knew only one thing, their mission.

"I'm on my way to local system controls," Valentine said over his secured commlink, a two-way receiver that skipped the common reliance of the HoloNet for a more outdated approach, radio signals. Within the Wheel and the dense structure the signal became choppy, sometimes incoherent over the static, but it was more reliable in keeping eavesdroppers out. They wouldn't just need a compatible transceiver, but would also need to know how to tune it to their particular signal.

Valentine found himself at the end of an engineers corridor, running parallel to the public hallways and corridors but usually only accessible to Wheel staff, thanks to Svel, Valentine was able to gain access. What he did not have access to was the door in front of him. Unfortunately, he was going to have to break his way in. He gripped a small utility plasma torch from his belt, activated the device and held it the door, slowly cutting through the metal, and soon his way in.

“Its valuable cargo, we’re moving it in a few ships, but everyone is getting loaded with boxes.” By this time, even Jic wasn’t sure which datacards had the rights to the weapons or other goods. But if they could pea-game this mission, well, that would definitely go a long way in securing all the goods and making sure some of it got to the planet.

His golden eyes were watching the smugglers, and especially Kingsley. The bird of mystery was here and bragging? People would know the freaky birdman anywhere. Maybe it was him that had created a situation where they were getting unwanted attention.

Jic had too many things to worry about. He was leading what may be some smugglers out into the Sith Empire’s controlled space, loaded with weapons, medicine, food, walnuts, and probably illegal coloring books, because it was the Sith. The chips not far from his hand as he heard the call for a thermal detonator. His other hand found his blaster and he was mobile, moving away from the table, the weapon drawn, looking to see who had called the shot. The blaster wasn’t aimed at anyone at his table, if they found him, they knew what they were looking for.

With the commotion, he was hearing a call over one of the old channels. Needed to get moving. That was all he needed. “Going to a mass jam out. Will always need a lifeguard. Good number of ships.” He was able to send out, it wasn’t the most sensical, but he was hoping a bit of a Smugglers Cant. When the bar seemingly came back into order, he was looking around again.

“If you’re ready, I know my client is waiting on these deliveries. Who is in?”

[member="Julian Valentine"]
[member="Drox Fuga"]
[member="Rekha Kaarde"]
[member="Vaudin Miir"]
[member="Kingsley"]
[member="Percy Vaceldau"]
[member="Kalen Genet"]
[member="Jair Ordo"]
[member="Yula Perl"]
[member="Eye of Solomon"]

Ghed Saya

G
[member="Vaudin Miir"]

Ghed squinted and dialed up his helmet's magnification as the heavy freighter cuddled up to the station. The exact nature of the connection eluded him - cofferdam? Cold-shirt or suited crossing? Something more stable?

Well, regardless, the bigger ship wasn't moving just now other than matching the toroid's rotation. So Ghed sidled his Y-Wing down, deployed magclamp gear...

...and landed on the back of the Swarthy Bantha.

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
"So these two Wookiees walk into a bar. 'What'll you have?' the guy says. The first Wookiee says 'UUURRWARRGHHRRRGHAURRRUWURRRR!' The second Wookiee says 'Sorry about my friend, he's Mandalorian.'"

The blue Twi'lek was probably getting paid to laugh, but laugh she did, so Jerec bought her another drink in full knowledge that it was basically water.

At a different bar across the way, it appeared a fuss was kicking off. Something about that gun run that had sounded too hot to handle, maybe. After a couple very close shaves with Imperial-type fleets, Jerec had less...brave...jobs in mind. He returned his attention to the blue Twi'lek and her excellent smile.

"Alright, teach me to live then." I said as I scanned the rest of the cantina, holding my hand in my coat pocket just in case anything else popped off. If it did get out of hand, I would most definitely be ready. The ruckus was caused by a fake detonator, but the drunks would not know that. Anyways. Maybe this bird could teach me how to "Live", get some sort of change and excitement in my life. It would definitely be a change of tone from flying through space, burning fuel that I couldn't afford to burn. This job would definitely get me out of the gutter, possibly even make a name for myself. Doubt it. That would take a few jobs with the black sun or something.

Then, it was time to go. [member="Jic Drow"] shifted in his seat and spoke up to the rest of the group, asking if we were all ready.

"I'm in." I said first and most confidently in myself, "Soon as we get the supplies into my freighter, I'll follow whatever path we decide we're taking, if we take the same one." I added.

[member="Jerec Asyr"] | [member="Ghed Saya"] | [member="Julian Valentine"] | [member="Drox Fuga"] | [member="Rekha Kaarde"] | [member="Vaudin Miir"] | [member="Kalen Genet"] | [member="Eye of Solomon"]

The Gand had consulted the mists of the planet Gand, in hopes of finding prey. These days work was hard to find, but the great ammonia gasses had granted Gand a vision of prey. [member="Jerec Asyr"] had a bounty on his head, that may or may not have still been current, but as they say. Work is work. When the Gand arrived on station he began running into various faces he'd seen before. Had the mist sent them here too? Had others found the Asyr's trail? Some eager listening helped the Gand discover there was some of big score happening here. A large shipment of blasters was being moved for someone, and that had enticed many smugglers and bounty hunters for the weak.

The Gand kept his hands on his carbine, and ensured that his shockstick was ready to go at a moment's notice. Even assuming he found his prey without incident, getting him off station would be a challenge.

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
No reputation with the guild yet... no reputation in the underworld yet... no record with the empire, the jedi, cis, nothing...

No one knows I'm coming, I'm just a blank slate on a datapad somewhere... cin vhetin...

Perfect.

With so many contracts, it was likely that she'd run into one of her targets before the guild could finish transmitting all of the fobs.
And with an alert transmitted to her ship's feed, it looked like she might get the opportunity to find one, or at least a lead.

probably a lead at least, one of them at most, maybe. I mean, it's like half of them would gather on the wheel in one place right? nah, I'm pushing my luck again, aren't I?

"Ugghh..." she audibly groaned when she realized the empire had sent out the alert. she had no love of the sith and their puppets, but... credits are credits, right?
It wasn't long before she had docked on the wheel, and the young mercenary was strolling through the station. she didn't look as shifty as most hunters, her carbine stayed aboard the ship, and her DL-44s stayed holstered neatly, while her movement stayed natural and her gaze stayed locked ahead, only occasionally deviating to glance at a cantina sign or two, trying to decide which one would make a good meeting place.
She was about to turn back when a small crowd of people went running by in a panic, and then she turned quickly, looking for the origin of the commotion, staring with a confused frown that was masked by her strange helmet, until she spotted a few more flee a small, rugged cantina.

Rugged, out of the way and towards the back. shady but not too shady. and random chaos for no good reason? gotta be it.

It was now time to get her feet wet in the business with a real contract. Although, she couldn't shake the feeling that she was probably being watched already, or would be the moment she entered, maybe by guild members even. probably more experienced guild mebers too... which meant she needed to get it done soon.
Taking a deep breath, she strolls on into the cantina, stopping to look around for a moment, disappointed that the band wasn't playing, and probably ran off when the commotion started. there were a few individuals who'd stuck around, most of them seemed kinda shady, which seemed natural to be honest, but one of the tables had a decent sized group gathering around it, and some of them seemed anxious.

Is that...? that's gotta be the smugglers, no way they're all just chillin'. oh chit, there's a lot of them though... Could always go back and check that other cantina across the way.. no joti, you can do this! you just gotta... plan... kark why didn't I think this through.

She takes another deep breath and walks towards the table, raising a hand once she reached the halfway mark

"Hey guys!" she says in an enthusiastic tone with a friendly wave.

Joti, you're a mandalorian... you'd be a walking stereotype if didn't talk so much... there's no way-

"You must be that movin' crew. Sorry, I'm late, my first job here" she chuckles nervously. she wasn't lying either, she was late, and this was indeed her first job here... She hadn't flat out lied to them, just withheld some of the truth so far, she could live with that.
And to be honest, if she didn't find anyone worth turning in, than a smuggling run could mean good business for her anyway, so why not take the friendly approach.

"You ladies and gentlemen look like you're almost done, hope I didn't miss much... W-what'cha haulin'?" she says, pulling an empty seat from an unoccupied table and beginning to sit down.
thank manda she wore a helmet, else everyone would see her eyes shifting around the table like a madwoman. a very anxious madwoman too. at least, until she caught sight of another mandalorian at the table, standing behind a certain zeltron.

But is he with her? them? or maybe... the guild.

@Percy Vacelda [member="Jic Drow"] [member="Rekha Kaarde"] [member="Kingsley"] [member="Kalen Genet"] [member="Julian Valentine"] [member="Drox Fuga"] [member="Vaudin Miir"] [member="Eye of Solomon"] [member="Ghed Saya"]

Wet metal dripped to the floor and solidified in minutes. The smoke that rose from Valentines tool was quickly vacuumed and filtered from the corridor by a series of extraction devices concealed in the ceiling. The engineers corridor was quiet, he hadn't encountered anyone since he had entered it and didn't think he would anytime soon. These passages were only ever used when something needed repairs, staff needed a short cut or security were changing over shifts.

Svel Droma had remotely sliced into the Wheels engineering system and circumvented faults from notifying engineers that a door was in defect in Valentines sector, allowing the bounty hunter to discreetly force his way into one of many control rooms. From her datapad back on Valentines ship Surrender, she observed from his helmets cam-feed the door fall away and slam onto the ground with echoing thunder that rolled back down the corridor.

Valentine slapped the plas-torch back onto his utility belt and draped his right hand over a holstered blaster, walking into the control room and quickly observing his surroundings. The lights were off and the data-screens were dim, no one was present. If they had been an alarm would have been raised the moment he had started cutting into the door and he would have faced serious trouble but nothing he had not anticipated, in fact he was pleasantly surprised to find it empty.

Julian moved over to the nearest chair and situated himself at the control panel. His hands glided across keys and he activated the data-screens and slipped a card into the systems, effectively giving Svel complete remote access to the local systems control. From there the task force of three would be able to control life support systems in their immediate vicinity as well as blast doors for the nearest two hangers. While they had no intention of vacuuming any quadrants of the Wheel they were interested in the ability to manipulate grav-generators and turn off the lights, as well as sealing the blast doors if they needed to stop the shipment from escaping prematurely.

Vaudin Miir

Planetary President of Iktotch
The small access hatch on the otherside of the two meter expanse opened from his prodding and he put on his eva suit and cycled his own air lock. Air hissed around him as he gathered the small bundles that would be picked up and distributed discretely.

He tossed the first bundle across the open space between locks and watched it slowly enter the other lock.

(THUD)

"What the frick?" Vaudin said to himself, which was common since he liked to converse with people of equal intellectual acumen.

The second of the five tight bundles had slipped with the thud and spun away and impacted on The Wheel's hull.

"Crap." He deadpanned as the bundle started to drift away.

He tossed the other bundles and activated his ship's breaching device to close the other airlock. The RF tracker in the bundles was low grade enough that nearly nothing in the galaxy would scan for it, but they'd have to search the outer maintenance airlocks for it which would be slow.

He cycled his airlock and began taking off his suit. Time to find out what hit his ship and why his cargo arms were making weird noises now.

[member="Ghed Saya"]

The situation had turned into a rightful mess, and Soloman was getting his wits frayed the more he stood and watched. Half the bar didn’t run, half of it did, and trace amounts pulled guns - threatened to shoot each other, and then didn’t. Who thought throwing a fake thermal detonator was even a good idea? Probably another rookie looking for entry into the guild.

Made him want to throw up his breakfast just thinking about another kid with a gun looking for fame.

At this point, he had lost his patience - and he didn’t expect to take the whole lot of smugglers in, though it would have been nice. Instead he just had to take one of them - to at least cover the fuel, and a few days of entertainment this side of the Kessel Run. Pulling a Vora from his hip, he moved from the crowds and entered the area the group was - his gaze falling on the disgusting featherless bird that kept screaming and pulling guns.

As he came within earshot of the entire group, he offered little more than a dirty look -

This shit show is over. All of you have bounties, and one of you is coming with me.”, he said blatantly.

Take your pick. Pull a gun, and I’ll put you down.

He paused for a moment as glanced to Kingsley -

Preferably not you, I like my ship to smell… decent.

There was no hesitation, and although none of them saw how fast his draw was - it wouldn’t matter. A gun was already in hand, and if they wanted to test their metal against him, they’d have to draw a touch faster than he could take aim; even the Mandalorian with a gun to the Zeltron’s head.

[member="Joti Johayc"] │ [member="Percy Vaceldau"] │ [member="Jic Drow"] │ [member="Rekha Kaarde"] │ [member="Kingsley"] │ [member="Kalen Genet"]

"Wait, Vyrissa-"

The blue Twi'lek ignored Jerec as the bouncer hustled him out. Little matter of an empty wallet, and Jerec suspected the lady had something to do with that.

"Vyrissa, no-"

The bouncer, an Ugnaught as wide as he was tall, slugged Jerec in the nuts and shoved him into the promenade between bars.

"I love you," said Jerec weakly, desperately, and slumped against the bar's outer wall.

The other bar across the way was really having a time -- folks had been running out and yelling 'thermal detonator' for about ten times as long as a thermal detonator takes to detonate thermally. Jerec heaved a heavy sigh and stayed there, sitting against the exterior wall. The day could not get worse.

[member="Gand"] [member="Joti Johayc"] @whomever

The Gand moved with precision through the Wheel, aiming towards his mark. Observing the environment the Gand noticed a curious situation about bar patrons screaming of a thermal detonator, along with what appeared to be his mark getting kicked out a bar.

As always, the most interesting part of bounty hunting was the approach. Making he first move on the target. Thinking that a stun bolt might arise too much attention the Gand slung his carbine over his shoulder, followed the crowds nearby the bar, and took a swift punch to [member="Jerec Asyr"]'s gut. In the old days Gand Martial Arts were known for punching through stormtrooper armor, but today the Gand only wished to take away the Mark's breath. If he could take away the man's breath, perhaps he could trap him in some binders and get moving before attention was taken away from the thermal detonator.

If not, well, the Gand had made sure to nuture his carapace for brawls like this.

Truth be told, when [member="Gand"] bent down to take a swing at Jerec's gut, Jerec thought that the Gand thought he was panhandling. And he was fine with that. A little spare change might get him back in the Twi'lek's good graces.

Still sitting on the ground with his back against the wall, Jerec took the punch quite hard and fell over on his side without resistance. The wind was thoroughly knocked out of him. Gands have big hands and tough shells. A Gand's fist is like a heavy boxing glove wrapped in hard plastic. Very hard plastic.

"...euuwuuuuuuuuhg-"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom