Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's Your Thoughts on Cloning?

LIBERATE SECRETS
dorje-bellbrook-db-destiny-002.jpg

Tag: Finnea Virlee Finnea Virlee
Equipment:

Attempts to liberate the secrets of the Kaminoans had unfortunately come to blows, however, they weren't the only race that was well known as cloning masters. The Arkanians too had secrets that dwelt deep beneath the surface of their frozen tundras, and not all of them were legal. Cloning in many places was generally outlawed save under very unique circumstances. Generally considered a variant of slavery to create totally obedient clone soldiers or workers it was distasteful. But the scientific process had its uses, Felix was after the secrets of age acceleration. The final ingredient he needed to perfect their terraforming technology.

Felix had attempted to reach out to the Arkanians to open technology trade, only to be met with rejection outright. From there it didn't take long to cross-reference the sites of former cloning stations under the empire they used to serve with those of active no-fly zones for marked military bases today. Of the results there were three major decommissioned installations and thirteen minor ones that had been used as cloning labs. All there was to do now, was to scan the surface area for life signs and energy expenditure with the long wave scanner arrays of the ship. The information he received was interesting, there were certainly many of the old sites that were still active today, but only a few of them had the energy expenditure of sites that were still active labs. Cloning used an insane amount of power and energy to maintain.

"Well, here we are, this is either a Military black-site, or a black market Arkanian Cloning lab. Either way they're probably doing nothing legal, so, as long as we can get out alive, they probably wont be openly looking for us, least they have to release information on whatever they're doing here."

He'd tell Finnea, allowing her to equip herself with any and all of the weapons and armour available to house Aquila staff. It had been a couple of months since she had been recruited, formally past her trial period, would have undergone at least some basic marksmanship training and self defense under the watchful guise of Felix and one of their Mercenary instructors. But it was the result he had gotten back from her blood test that had interested Felix, she had a positive confirmation for being force sensitive... something which explained her aptitude with numbers far beyond her age, experience or culture. Putting her under high pressure conditions could hope to bring some of that out in one way or another.

"Just remember, stay calm, and trust your instincts. You have better ones than almost anyone else, much like me. If you feel something, believe and act on it. You'll be surprised how often its right."

Felix would take a breaching charge and a slicers kit, handing the latter to Finnea and shouldering the detonation pack and moving off the ship, blasted by the glacial cold of the planet and standing before the steel clad military facility half frozen in permafrost. Little more than a disruptor charge was going to burn its way through it and into the interior of the building underneath. It was a good thing Felix had one... that was if knocking nicely didn't get them inside.

"Lets go, try and get the door open for me, you're the only key I have here. Set weapons to stun, unless they turn out to be black market pirates or something. Then, anything goes."

jHiLsO.png

Over the past months, Finnea had grown a lot and it would be hard to recognize the halfling found scurrying
around in dark uniforms under Sith command to the girl with her head held high as she importantly walked the
station these days. She thrived with her new role and found inspiration to keep getting better in every little task
at hand. Always quick with the numbers, and most of her waking hours were spent updating herself on every
project that were going on and running codes, counter-checking them to see how well it would work or if
improvements could be made. Her skills with firearms was decent enough as she had her military background
but despite that, she struggled for a while with getting into self-defense. It was an huge annoyance to her and
not her strong side at all.

Dressing herself properly for the cold climate on Arkania, Finnea was actually a little enthusiastic about having
been asked to come along because this would be the first time she set foot on a planet again every since she left
Arkania as a pre-teen. Picking out a simple 'Canary' pistol for herself, a weapon she found oddly comfortable with,
she listened to Felix as she fastened it to her belt along with the slicers kit he handed to her. As her hands worked
with fastening the weapons she had picked out, she was shooting him an odd look, subtly shaking her head.

Military black-site or an Arkanian cloning lab. Neither sounded like something she would want to be associated
with but she trusted that Felix knew what he was doing. She had been briefed well enough to know why they
were here or she would probably not have come along. She had a lot of respect for Felix after all he had done
for her, but she had become comfortable enough to let him know when she was disagreeing with him too.

Stepping out of the ship, the chilled air hit her, making her inhale deeply, closing her eyes for a minute to enjoy the
sensation of nature presenting itself. It had been far too long since she had felt wind like this and even if it was truly
cold and uninviting to most, to her it felt like her home planet was welcoming her back.
She followed him through the harsh wind, enjoying herself right up until he asked her to get them inside. She stopped
at his side with her eyebrows raised in surprise, throwing one look behind herself as if he had talked to somebody else.
"Excuse me?" she pointed to herself. "If I knew I would potentially have to shoot my way inside through black market
pirates to get inside, I'd bring more than just a pistol, ok?"
she mumbled a few words under her breath as she walked up
against the huge facility, finding the first door to stop by it, looking back at Felix to inaudibly telling him that if she
didn't like what was inside, she'd be his biggest problem as she brought her gloved fist up to knock properly, waiting
for some kind of response at the other side.

TAKE ~ SECRETS
Felix-Template.png

Equipment:

Felix looked back to the ships, the additional equipment that was there could be useful, there was probably a rifle or two on the ship. Although every moment they wasted on the outside here was another moment in which the forces within the base would be able to detect them. The possibility of them sending the full power of whatever paramilitary they held within their doors out onto the ice to confront them was a risk that was a little too high. "If it comes to a firefight on the inside of the base, which, we'll try to avoid for the most part if possible, I'm sure you'll be able to pick things up as you need them. But, i should warn you, i've always been rather bad at deflecting blaster bolts back at people. So, I'm going to need your return fire quite a lot."

As Felix spoke he could feel the sun rebounding off the sleet icy surfaces, a world of bright light as though he would standing on the surface of the brilliant sun itself. The light that made contact with him, he was slowly absorbing with his Tutaminis, charging himself with enough power that he would be able to unleash some of his more creative force powers while within the facility. It felt good to be somewhere that he actually held an advantage in.

Her knocking on the door wasn't something that Felix expected, looking to the control panel there would be silence on the outside of the facility, no sign of another person for miles as this facility blended in with the surroundings for the most part. "Think you can hack the door panel maybe? I don't think knocking on the door of a black market or evil military facility is going to get the resp-..." Felix would almost jeer as a sound came from behind the blast doors, someone hitting a code combination and the door swinging open, weapon raised as Felix would pull back his hand, both of the guards flying out of the door in uniforms and slamming into the ice. His saber set to a low enough energy setting it would stun them it would expand swatting one of them out of the air as he flew past and throwing it through the other's chest and calling it back to his hands.

The men looked like they could have been military, but their uniforms were old, no longer in modern use. Felix would crouch by them, offering Finnea one of their rifles, some light armour and the grenades off of one of their belts. "All of this military equipment is about thirty years old, could be black market, but I think that it's more likely that these are ex military. Rogue operation maybe? Guess i'll need to bill the Arkanian Government for dealing with these peeps." He'd smile.

"Well, how about you hack us through that second security gate, and we get in proper. This time i think we keep the knocking to a minimum." Felix would chuckle. Shaking his head to himself as he would prepare for what lay on the other side.

jHiLsO.png

After the firm knocking, Finnea was simply staring up at the door until Felix spoke and her eyes wandered
over to the panel she had somehow completely missed. She could hear the slight sarcasm in his voice and
cursed internally at herself. "What? I think it's common curtesy to announce our arrival?" she tried back but
the sound of the door being opened from the inside threw her off as the door slammed open helped by
Felix'a force powers pulling the men out. Finnea just managed to take a step back, only just avoiding getting
hit by the door but in her panic she nearly slipped, only saved by the same door as she grabbed onto it.
When she turned, Felix was already done with the two men and she hadn't even reached for her gun.

Great start.

Still holding onto the door, she looked to him crouching by the uniformed men and picking up a rifle that he
clearly was handing her. She came over and took it from him, fastening it around herself and swinging it to her
back. She took a step back, somehow afraid they would come alive and attack them again but still studying
their uniforms to see if she could perhaps recall anything that would reveal what they could be expecting to find
inside he facility. She gave a smile back as he told his little joke about billing the Arkanian Government but she
wasn't very amused about their situation.

She had the impression that they would still be negotiate about technology inside the facility but it started to dawn
on her that maybe that was not entirely the case. "I am going to be using the rifle quite a lot in there, aren't I?
Now I realize just why you spent so much time briefing me about weaponry onboard."
she shook her head and turned
back around before he could answer her to pass through the first door to face the second panel.
She pulled open the panel and removed her gloves to be able to attach a small device that she fastened at the wall
just over the panel that would help her with the task but instead she looked to Felix like she had been utterly insulted.
"A child could crack this code." It wasn't true, as most trained code-breakers would have been struggling for minutes
at best. Finnea removed the device and put it back in her pocket and started to type in a code with one hand, as if
she had been working here for several years and the code was just muscle memory to her. The light above the door
switched from red to green, indicating that it was open.

"There you go, a little less eventful entry than knocking." she winked and pulled off the big hood of her jacked that
was covered in fur.

TAKE ~ SECRETS
Felix-Template.png

Equipment:

The rylothian boy couldn't help but give the girl an underwelming look when she asked if she would be using the rifle a lot. "Well, you did literally knock on the door, best set the rifle to stun, just in case these guys aren't pirates. It's best we not cause an international incident between the CIS and, well, whoever is in control of Arkania, I honestly never checked." He'd smile apologetically, for all he knew they could be in the territory of the Grand Jedi Order attempting to steal state secrets, the plan could have been better thought out in all honestly. Sadly, when it came to Felix's passions he tended to get excited and act before thinking properly.

As the second door would begin to swing open, Felix would move into the gap, thankfully they were not met with flaring alarms and a hail of gunfire, the population density of the place didn't seem that high. However when the lasers began to fly, the flock would come swarming quickly. Felix was able to weave a force bubble around the two of them to make them invisible to visual or light spectrum bases sensors and laser tracking for a time. But he couldn't hold it forever. "keep close to me and we'll be invisible to their cameras and scanners, within a two meters. Lets go, shoot anyone who gets in the way." he would sound, beginning to stalk through the facility.

There were few guards this near into the factory, but sounds could be heard from not too far away. Felix would ready his blade as they approached a corner looking like it belonged to an elevator which would lead down and deeper into the base. It was a good place to start, though it was guarded. Another two men holding their position. Surplus military gear worn proudly and snug as they talked about the current events of the world and things occuring in the greater universe.

"You take the left hand one." The man beside her would whisper as he would cound down from 5, no sooner than he had gotten to zero he would throw his lightsaber in a wide arc, the golden blade hewing through the man's body, hearing a loud thump and the boys unconscious body would drop to the ground in a pile of popcorn butter and broken dreams. His ally would leat out a cry of surprise, turning on his heels and aiming to take a shot at the exposed Felix, open for a return should should Finnea be ready.

If he was able to get a shot off, the entire base would be alerted, meaning the two of them would have to fight almost floor to floor throughout the complex, and, depending on who they were with, reinforcements on the way back out. Felix found himself without a saber, reaching out with Telekinesis, but the enemies rifle had already been trained on one of them...

It was all up to her.

jHiLsO.png

'I honestly never checked.'

Finnea stared at Felix again, blinking rapidly while trying to process what he had just told her. What an idiot she was. She should have asked him more trough roughly about this plan of his before they left but because Felix was who he was to her, she had just blindly trusted that this was just a quick in-and-out mission to get some information and barely asked any questions about who and what. Now it seemed like they were lucky to get back and that this would be a hard lesson for her to learn - always ask questions. Even if it's Felix. ESPECIALLY if it's Felix. "Felix, I swear, if the guys in there don't hit you, I will .If we make it."

As Felix moved past her, Finnea stood still for a moment, looking back out where they came from. She could make a run for it, back to the ship and refuse any more participation in this suicide mission but it was quite likely that Felix would just go on without her. At this point she didn't know if she would just slow him down or be of any assistance at all. Maybe if he needed more doors open quickly? She owed him everything, it wasn't her position to choose. Sighing, she moved with him, keeping an keen eye for anything that might move.

At his request to move closer, she did, and was walking close by his side and the rifle ready and set to stun like he had asked her to do so many times already. And for a good reason too. The sound of distant voices made her alert and her steps became even lighter and she could feel how her heart was starting to pound harder. She stopped when Felix did and tried to get a good look at what they were facing too. Two men guarding the elevator shaft. She had many hours of training, but that was just that. Training. This was very real. She barely listened as he counted down from five.

Zero.
Finnea couldn't bring herself to move. She heard the sound of his sword flying through the air and the unmistakable sound of a body hitting the floor followed by a mans voice and movements. She snapped out of it and came into view herself which seemed to throw the second guard off a bit, swinging his rifle from Felix to herself. The sound of his weapon being fired was followed by her own rifle almost simultaneously. She swore she felt the bullet fly right past her ear at the right side. Standing wide eyed, she watched the second guard fall to the ground. It had been a lucky shoot.

Finnea didn't look to Felix, just lowered her rifle for a second as she clearly heard how the facility was coming alive with running footsteps above them. She ran first, over to the elevator between the two dead guards, picking up his saber, automatically wiping off some of the blood on her jacked at she stood back up and handed it back to him.She then spun around and got the doors open by typing quickly over the panel. "I assume you wanted into the elevator? Might have to fight our way back out of it. Unless I could maybe.." Finnea stepped into it and started to look at the panel inside that let them choose which floor they wanted to go to, she them picked up a tool from her belt and jacked the thing open and started to quickly pull wires, snipping and reconnecting some. "I hope this will buy us some valuable time. The display will tell them we are going up, but we are in reality going down." she still didn't look at him as she finished within what seemed like seconds.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom