Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite jedi angle?

20210711_004104.jpg
Eh, 20° or so. An acute angle usually signifies "The High Ground".

Last edited:

Elle Mors

E
Doing what is right because it is right, whether they agree with it or not, not for "for the light" and not for some personal vendetta. Archetypes are cool and all, but I don't think people actually write characters that perfectly or mostly fit into just a single archetype, like you can say Elle is a Wayseeker because to some degree she's always trying to figure out the "right path" she's supposed to be on, but that isn't all who she is.

Little bit of faith, in the force; little bit of love, whether it's platonic and compassionate or romantic or anything in-between; some flaw that makes life much more difficult in regards to enjoying it to its fullest; imperfect - mistakes might be made, sometimes they don't do the right thing; a personal life that gets worse as they grow more and more successful until they die.

Just a person with some more abilities than others that genuinely wants to make the galaxy a better, safer, place while they explore their own lives that, more often than not, isn't as intertwined with being a Jedi as you might think.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Most of my jedi like to push the boudaries of understanding for the force. this goes from the technological aspect since most of the powerful technology in star wars incorporated the force in some aspect for the advanced civilizations. To understanding the highly mystical aspects of it and how one is able to do things like use the space between to look at the cosmic forces view of time or the various force beings that exist. Matsu a good example studying and trying to draw connections between various groups learnings and where the influences of various being sometimes by different names and sometimes by the same name happened. Krass meanwhile likes to build and combine the force into objects and developed things like the choushin trees or now purified force crystals as well as many of the robes a jedi can use to enhance and augment their force abilities.... while technologically she developed a lightsaber with components that allow any situation to be approached easily enough and as a starting model can cleave through materials like beskar or tunqstoid like a hot knife through butter. (Rynn also called the crystal assembly for the saber in the standard hilt an infinity gauntlet since it allows combining seven crystals easily)

but wait need to make a crass angle joke so since Krass is short she likes the upshort angle and blady blady blah

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn has lately found himself returning to his roots due to some differences in his beliefs and views compared to many Jedi.

Some will agree with him while others might call him a traitor for this one example: If meeting a Sith for example and they come without hostility, then Caedyn would sit and talk with them just as he did with Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor . He chooses to react to ones actions, and not to judge them upon their beliefs or origins. If they harm people or seek to do so, he will intervene but if they are not proven to be malicious, then he will treat them as he would any other.

Veiere, Caedyn's Father on the other hand started out as a stoic traditionalist Jedi, based a lot from what we've seen of the Old Republic Era of Jedi. As time went on, he lightened up and even admitted his fault for judging other Jedi for not "Living by the Code". This humbled him, which was awesome for his character development and overall story.

I have yet to start writing Caedyn's daughter, Kristyl Arenais but I'm looking forward to seeing where her story leads and if she will be a Jedi like her parents.

KOTOR was my first exposure to Star Wars, and most of my love for the franchise comes from that period in EU when the Jedi and the universe as a whole were being deconstructed. With that in mind, I’ve always enjoyed the visionary black sheep of the Jedi Order, Lord Hoth, the Exile, Kreia, and Revan being chief among them.

I enjoyed the concept of the Army of Light a lot, and the Bane novels were my favorite SW books based around force users. Jedi that weren’t afraid to take control and acted outside the bureaucracy of the senate were of more interest to me as well, and then my primary first experiences with Star Wars revolving around three characters that serve as deconstructions/outcasts to the Jedi naturally attracted me to wanting to write a similarly strange/independent Jedi.

Cedric’s primary inspiration comes from the conversations you have with Kreia about Revan in KOTOR 2. I wanted a character that you could speak of in the same sense that Kreia does of Revan, someone that took things into his own hands to do what he felt needed to be done, one who can be viewed as a selfless hero or a power hungry tyrant depending on the perspective of the speaker.

So tldr army of light / KOTOR 2’s deconstruction of Jedi

Big fan of the Jedi that fall short of the mark. They can be excellent duellists and strong in the Force, or the opposite. But above all else struggle to no end against the restrictions of the Jedi Code. They’re failures and disappointments with squandered potential, and I love them for it.

This!

I love messy jedi.

There's something so human about striving to be the best versions of the force and falling short every time. Flaws are so compelling. And struggling against them to do what's right is always ALWAYS juicy.

In Writing, There is Passion
This!

I love messy jedi.

There's something so human about striving to be the best versions of the force and falling short every time. Flaws are so compelling. And struggling against them to do what's right is always ALWAYS juicy.

Its realistic too. There is the ideal self and the self that falls short. We all often have a Anakin and Vader side; one that seeks to rise above, “I’m a Jedi, I’m better than this,” and “give yourself to the dark side, it is the only way to save your friends.”

The ones that get their hands dirty.

I don't believe Jedi need an order or an army to make a difference. So my favourites that I would emulate if I were to play one are the Exile, Kyle Katarn & ROTJ/Mando Luke Skywalker

I agree. The Jedi in Exile are far better, “persecution makes better Jedi.” When they are Order they become decadent, blinded, and too dogmatic; unable to adjust to prevent something like, cough, Anakin’s fall.

I prefer my Jedi to be loosely tired with the order. They do what they think is right but within reason, and can absolve themselves from the nonsense and dogma of the Jedi order. A true Jedi should be detached, but not unfeeling. Know when to let go, but don’t cut yourself off from the world. All in moderation and stuff.

I didn’t know that was a term! I like that idea. I think Jedi should be able to have families so long as they are disciplined, having now than one padawan can be hard but it can be part of the adventure?

Having multiple apprentices is wise in wartime, to get them trained to knights faster. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom