Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Staff is discussing currently Pt. II

d5dc810b15a42607c563c826a6f590ec.png

I can see it now, we might need some more judges, lol. But in all seriousness, I understand where this is coming from, but I personally don' see the benefit in flooding the factory with subs simply to gave a hex of influence. If there was a way to enforce that they subs actually saw use past the submission to get the Hex, then certainly, but I think keeping up with that would be a bigger hassle than it's worth. Not to mention, this site is about RP and writing the best stories with a great group of writers isn't it? Why potentially turn the focus away from that?

Just my thoughts.

I really think you'll be actively killing the Map Game with this. It makes no sense at all for you to gain hexes Via Factory/Codex submissions. Actually, Codex submissions would make more since because at least those deal with lore. This just seems like a shallow activity grab without much thought or depth and I don't see it worth much more than a couple more Dom's in pocket. I'm already tired of the focus on Dominions, I'd rather see focus on story or site events. Not this. Just my opinion.

Echoing [member="Adron Malvern"] here. It is known that most submissions end up gathering dust and not contributing to the map game or faction activity (even when they are great, and I can attest to the level of submission writing being constantly on the rise here).

Additionally, getting submissions approved is redonktingly easy. I could get 10 of those done in a day without too much effort, without encouraging team work, and without doing basically anything.

If you were to make it based on submissions that actually get used, that would be a different story.

Factory/Codex submissions aren't a reflection of a faction's activity or cohesiveness as a community. Someone with an eye for that particular corner of the site can simply hammer out ten a month, over the course of a day or two, and earn something equivalent to a faction coming together and posting fifty times? At face value, I'm not a fan.

My suggestion would be to marry this to the "new major faction" mandate. A new major faction is exempt from invasions for their first thirty days and can use ten submissions as an alternative to a Dominion. It'll give the new faces on the map a decent boost, whilst also not breaking the practice and spirit map game in its entirety.

[member="Tefka"]

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
Sounds like it's a suggestion for another alternative method for expansion to me. I support that.

Dominions aren't beloved by everyone, so steps to offer another means for those inclined is always good in my book.

Could it use some tweaking? Sure. Perhaps a specified number of members spread across the total submission count, encouraging that sense of teamwork some feel is lacking?

I'll put my two cents in, I like this.

Not every faction has the capability to do dominions in the currently most effective method. Nothing wrong with alternatives. The currently most effective method just makes for a bunch of nothing threads happily slogged through.

Anything to mitigate that, I'm game.

Amaya Cardei

A
Oh? What is this? A call to the Factory?

giphy.gif

Honestly I love this idea but I love [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]'s add on to it - toss some sort of development thread into it which could require say twenty-five posts instead of fifty. Other than that?

*takes a deep breath, exhales slowly*

My body is ready.

Amaya Cardei

A
I feel like this part was missed.

b4WyHIQ.png

You can't use this for a bunch of hexes, you can use this for one.

Therefore this does not mitigate dominions at all, but what this does do is open up an avenue for one additional hex to be gained through an alternate method.

Nor can this replace faction activity as a whole, you still need to make threads, including dominions in order to survive - period. Could there be additional restrictions on what these factory subs are? Absolutely, should they be items the faction would actually use, like vehicles, starships or the like? Sure, let's do it, but in no way shape or form is this going to simply resolve all faction activity problems. At the end of the day if you cannot produce a single dom a month at the least - then how are you going to manage ten factory submissions? Could there be restrictions like, hey these can't all be done by the same person or what have you - yes, this is not set in stone but rather this is what's on the table. I like this as a concept and yeah it can use some work, but it's definitely here to help not hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom