Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What in the world Happened to the Ewoks?

Myra

M
800 years is a long time. A very very long time. 800 years ago Europe was in the medieval ages, the Aztec Empire was starting to cause troubles in Central America, and the Mongols were near completion of the largest land empire in history. So. What happened to the Ewoks in those 800 years since the Battle of Endor?

I'd like to think the Ewoks have drastically increased in technology, maybe not to the scale of building their own ships but I see major industrial centers fueled by alien companies and technology, maybe Ewoks are more active participants? Maybe they have their own planetary government and fleets? I think that kind of technological and cultural shift is certainly possible especially with how little the Alliance seemed to care about interfering with their development.

Maybe however, these foreign companies moved in to the growing Ewok civilization and are exploiting them? Cheap almost slave labor started by exploiting primitives who barely knew better?

Maybe there are even some Ewok mercenary bands due to their history as proud and terrifying warriors, they did after all fight off the Empire with sticks and stones.

Anyway, what're your thoughts? I'm thinking about maybe trying to update Endor and the Ewok civilization and I'd love to hear your thoughts on what happened.

Me rolling up in an Ewok Fur Coat that Gucci as hell:

14198_REDFOX_01-Large.jpg

I would say tho, that the most realistic thing is that they likely stayed very close to the same. Most who play Ewoks play with the same fuzzy buzzy thing going on--a few of them are malignant, evil spell casting teddy bears, but most end up being cozy bois who speak gibberish and wave sticks around. I think it would be an interesting take to see Ewoks finally wielding a blaster and able to hold a semi-intelligent conversation instead of the classic Wicket play.

Considering they were a paleolithic species the past 800 years would mean very little in terms of technological, societal, and cultural progress to resemble something that would be considered classical (Ancient Rome/Ancient Greece). However, I'm basing this off the isolation of the Ewok species over the last 800 - which we know has not happened.

With an interconnected galaxy as the one in Star Wars I could see technological ascension being a possibility equal to, perhaps, the Wookies during the Clone Wars. The Wookies during that time had a lot in common (considering Ewoks were supposed to be baby Wookies but then were made into their own species, it makes sense) with the Ewoks but they had blasters, heavier-than-air flight, and a great many other gadgets. The Republic gave a lot of technology to the Wookies and this increased their overall level of civilization, the same would be true with Ewoks IF they were not enslaved and instead had an entity similar to the Republic uplifting them.

The enslavement possibility is honestly the most likely possibility. The Ewoks would be so far behind by even Sand People standards there would be little hope for them not to receive similar treatment to what the Hutt Cartel did to the Evocai. Star Wars for the most part is littered with individuals, factions, and civilizations looking to conquer a planet like Endor. The Ewoks are militarily weak, that single battle against the Empire aside, and not prepared for a concerted effort to capture key locations. As well planet has been free from industrial level resource harvesting this makes Endor a prime target for interstellar industries. In real-life measure this would be parallel to what happened to the Sub-Saharan African tribes who were many centuries, in some cases a thousand years, behind the technological curve of the rest of the world. Technology, and knowledge, is power and without that power its hard to keep yourself guarded against outside influence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom