Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you do for work!

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
CAS Liaison and Medical Devices Safety Officer.

Which sounds really fancy, but basically I'm in charge of making sure that, if my local branch of the NHS kills you, its probably not our fault. Or we have an excuse. Mostly consists of reading really, really long operating manuals, checking gear and making sure we're compliant.

I'm also studying Marine Biology at university and just recently scored an offer to join a team studying the Northwest passage once I complete my degree. So, Canada bound at some point.

Progflaw99

Cyrus Tregessar said:
karking goddamn yeah. No poodoo one of the worst experiences of my life. I think having a minor allergic reaction to it helped make it so awful.
Been there, done that.

Went through security training with the MP's on MCAS Miramar. I spent about 4 years stationed there with a Marine Air Control Squadron when I was in the Marines. 2010-2015.

OC Spray was single-handedly one of the worst experiences I've ever had, even over breaking my wrist. Video can be seen on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqpMrblriFI

*Shivers*

Elion Menaio

E
I'm a multimedia artist/beginner voice actor. I'm taking the GED next year to see if I'm smart enough to graduate early. :lol:

I'm a student in Alternative Energy Solutions so basically I fierfeck around with stuff like solar panels, wind turbines, and biodiesels so ethanol made from distilling grains and purifying it down. Lots of fun in the lab.

Normally I am a Horticulturalist!

This means I work with plants, both sciency type stuff (plant ID, plant diseases, trouble shooting, nutrient deficiencies, etc), soil science, insect management (good and bad bugs, how to deal with pest problems, insect ID, IPM), agricultural practices (conventional and organic), but I also do artistic design work like landscape design and consulting on larger park and arboretum work. I've taught classes on subjects from disease control to landscape maintenance and design to organic gardening to what to do with your herb garden once it's grown (the answer? A lot) to canning your garden's produce.

Right now though, I've just started a sabbatical.

I'm focusing on our own little suburban farm. We have a small orchard, grow a cubic butt load of organic produce (and have a small CSA that I would like to grow in future years), make jams, jellies, pickles and preserves that I sell and raise chickens for eggs and meat (I sell the eggs, but not the meat). In a year or two, we'll be adding bee hives. I'm also taking this time to work on writing a novel (130 pages, 20 chapters in. Progress people) with an aim at actually getting it published like my old peeps here knew I always talked about.

I am currently managing two gas stations for a east coast US-based convenience store chain, and in training to jump up the chain of command. Takes up a bit more time than I'd like.

Jack Nalto

The "Chef", Counterfeiter & Fence
I'm just starting a new job as a cable guy. Hahaha. Aspiring to save up some money for a move somewhere I can start an apprenticeship as an industrial painter.

Liliane

L
A student.

I play in several orchestras, though, and am studying classical (operatic) singing.

[member="Katarina Vene"]

Nice to see another classical musician here. :)

[member="Liliane Lancaster"]
Indeed.

I love opera, nothing in my opinion is quite as thrilling as the piece Carmina Burnana ~ O Furtuna if you have heard that piece. Sadly I've never had the chance to conduct a opera or choir but I imagine it would be fun, it's always fun as long as people watch me.

Liliane

L
Katarina Vene said:
I love opera, nothing in my opinion is quite as thrilling as the piece Carmina Burnana ~ O Furtuna if you have heard that piece. Sadly I've never had the chance to conduct a opera or choir but I imagine it would be fun, it's always fun as long as people watch me.
That is epic. I have always loved it. Seriously hope you can one day conduct that piece. :)

I personally really love the Russian composers of the late-romantic era and the 20th century, like Rimsky-Korsakov and Tchaikovsky (him especially), as well as Shostakovich. Opera-wise, I'm so jealous of women for all of the greatest arias are written for them (Queen of the Night Aria, Habanera, etc.). :p

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
Well, first and foremost I'm a student. But I supplement that with a steady income of being a shitkickertm . Now, my place of employment is a party supply shop/catering supply business. We supply local bakeries, cafes and small businesses with takeaway food containers, noodle boxes, cheap cutlery and plastic bags. At the same time, we also deal in party supplies, selling premium Chinese made costumes, helium balloons, decorations and all that sort of stuff. Where I come into it, is repackaging and stocking. We'll receive a box of say, 10'000 aluminium pie trays, and it'll be my job to divide that to packs of 50, and then stock it on the shelves. It's hard, and incredibly boring, but by the same token, it pays better than the minimum wage.

The wonderful world of construction! XD

Done glazing, roofing, concrete, sandblasting, and welding at a few spots over the past couple years.

Certified in the Welding but out Okie way there's an over saturation of folk with that particular skill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom