Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a Piece of Junk! [Sandrow/Vani]

Emily Vani

E
Frowning slightly she agrees, "Alright. Now, unfortunately, I don't know how to do that."

But she was interested, "Learning time!"

"Where to captain Jak?"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
"Well, no time like the present," he said, turning around on his heel.

At the heart of the ship, the hyperdrive lay, humming idly. "Okay, so what we need to do is get that out of here without damaging it, then get the new one in without damaging that one either. Any ideas?" he asked.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
Emily's face becomes mock serious. "Well. I hear hammers are always effective."

Laughing at her own joke, she looks at Jak, "Like I said, I have no idea what I'm doing."

"Best bet is to research it. Like a 'How to Move Your Hyperdrive for Dummies' type thing."

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He produced said book. "It just so happens I have one."

Flipping through the pages, he came to page 23. "It would appear that there's a release mechanism on the side. Now, you release yours the same time I do mine, and then it should just lift right out."

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Okay!" she says cheerily.

Moving to the opposite side of Jak's, she locates the switch.

"Ready?" she gets the Force flowing, ready for the lift. Emily was never amazingly strong.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"On go. Three, two, one, go!" he said, popping the switch and grabbing the handle. It was surprisingly light, and he, along with Emily, guided it over to rest by the new one.

"Right. Let's get the new one hooked up, then we'll run diagnostics," he said.

He put his hand on the new hyperdrive unit. This one was a fair bit larger. "Ready?"

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Indeed I am!" she gets herself down near her side, still allowing the Force to guide her actions. She didn't want to mess this one up.

When they got the new one moved in, Emily goes over to the console.

"This. I can do." typing in a few lines of diagnostic command prompts she looks at Jak with a smile.

"All good!"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He nodded appreciatively. "Of course, we're gonna have to test it in space, but till then, everything seems fine."

He checked the window. "Storm's still out there. ...you ever played sabacc before?"

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"I think I may have at one point." she says.

But everything was new and exciting with Jak to do it with.

"Lets do it!"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Right," he said. "I'll get the deck, you set up the table."

Grabbing the deck, he began to deal out the cards - two for him, two for her, the rest in a pile to the side.

"Oh. What are we using to bet with?"

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Well. We can bet with who cooks the next meal." she suggests, afraid to bet off her limited items.

She looks hopeful at Jak.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Emily Vani

E
"Well, I have those crystals that I got back on Ord Mantell. But I don't know how interested you'd be in those."

Those may be the only things not extremely valuable to her.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He thought for a moment. "Well, I'd like to see them. But they're too few."

He thought a little longer, then snapped his fingers. "Well, we can play - for chips," he said, getting up.

Grabbing a thin foiled bag, he opened it. "Veg-chips*. Wonderful invention."

@[member="Emily Vani"]

*Got a problem? Well Lando Calrissian invented hot chocolate.*

Emily Vani

E
Emily's smile widened at the prospect of food.

"You're on, boy." her face grew serious.

Halfway into the game, Emily was hopelessly losing. There was almost no way to come back.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He gave a little grin. He held most of the chips, and was definitely going to win.

And after the last few hands had been played, it was game over.

Jak had won. "And that," he said, "is how you play sabacc."

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Emily Vani

E
"Yeah...and maybe I better stay away from the kitchen."

Dinner would be delayed it seems. Always a depressing thought.

When Jak was about done making the food and Emily had set the table, she got to thinking about the next step.

"What have we got to do next on this ship?"

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He finished the steaks, bringing them to the table. "Well, we should get going on the paint job soon as the storm's finished. That way it'll be awhile before the next one comes. But hey, I'm not discounting the weather. Makes a ship look older, junkier, without actually affecting the performance. It has actually led to my escape multiple times.
"Besides the paint, I'd like to overhaul the engines. Now, I know, where are we gonna find 11 identical engines that'll be better, and still fit? I don't know. Buuuut... that's a good place to start in the morning," he said, tucking into his steak.

@[member="Emily Vani"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom