Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wedding Woe: CIS Dominion of Woostri Hex

uWe9rNy.png
Wearing: xxx | [member=Var Talon]

The Minister drew her feet up onto the sofa, tucking them underneath the waves of black silk that made up her skirts. She could still hear the distressing sounds the parent's hand made when their daughter disappeared right before them, without any trace left behind. She could still see the panic in the groom's eyes as he desperately searched the air his love had once stood in. They rang in her ears, ran through her mind, like a record stuck on repeat. It would likely remain that way till the bride was found, or barring that, they were able to escape the cruise ship entirely. Even then, the chaos would still follow.

This chaos, no matter how far she ran or how hard she tried to escape it, always seemed to follow. The only difference between the Faye she was now and the Faye she had been all those years ago was that she had since stopped trying to run. Chaos was part of her life, whether she liked it or not. However, on this occasion, Var was an extremely welcome distraction from it. It seemed, in the space of half an hour, he had saved her three times over. In answer to his question, she offered him a meager, half-formed smile.

‘I’m fine, thank you.’ The crushing weight of a thousand emotions that plagued the Minister was of no concern to Var just now. Faye didn’t feel like talking or sharing her deepest troubles with him just yet. Yes, he was meant to protect her, but even he couldn’t protect her from her own mind. It would only agitate her further and he likely wouldn’t be interested anyway. Either way, he had already moved on to comment further on the imaginary wedding he seemed to have conjured for her. ‘I promise you, I have no plans. Not now, and not in the future. At least as far as I have the ability to speak for.’ Once again her painted lips curled into a soft smile. ‘You won’t have to worry about that sort of thing for a long, long while.’

The conversation spun back round to the Crucible, and Faye hummed gently in response. ‘I suppose he didn’t want to overwhelm you. We were always likely to bump into the Crucible at some point. There’s nothing like on the job learning.’ Her raven eyes shifted to come to rest on his face as she posed her next question. If this had been Serenno, Faye wouldn’t have even dreamed of talking to the man charged with guarding her life. Back then it seemed like they had more important things to do than entertain their charge, but now? Things were very different, and Faye had changed along with them.

His answer made her grin. Faye had never considered herself an interesting individual before. Most of what she had to talk about was work-related, but then again she rarely ever met anyone for purposes other than work. ‘I’m pleased I keep you interested. Travelling is one of the best perks of this job. Before I left Serenno I had no idea that all of this was just beyond its borders.’ A slender finger came up to tuck a strand of ebony hair behind her ear. It was mostly to afford herself a break to think about the question Var had asked. ‘Sometimes, I suppose, but I haven’t really known anything different. I stayed on Serenno until I was twelve, I was raised as a Lady. After that, it was all danger and escaping until I found Adron again.’

As she spoke her eyes seemed to glaze over, as though the memory of everything that was home flashed before her eyes. ‘The funny thing is… I thought I preferred the danger and the adrenaline. I hadn’t realised how much I missed all the politics and finesses of Nobel life until I was appointed Minister.'

uWe9rNy.png

[member="Faye Malvern"]​

You won't have to worry about that sort of thing for a long, long while.

At least for the time being, it seemed as though some semblance of light had wormed its way back into the quarters. Though the situation was the furthest thing from ideal, chatting about exaggerated hypotheticals was somewhat of a normal occurrence for the duo. The Echani never had a client like the Minister before - for she was one who did not seem to enjoy the empty silences of hyperspace transit. Instead of sitting in relative quiet, they would engage in conversation not dissimilar from the present. Small talk. Banter. Occasional battles of wit. For that reason, Var seemed at ease addressing his charge in such a casual manner, even when the situation outside the door was so grave. Thus, when she responded, his words matched the smile resting upon her painted lips.

"Good. Good. While I'm certain the menu would be exquisite, the aspirin required for such an event would certainly kill me. And I think you'd want me alive for such an occasion, if not to just hold the camera straight."

For but a moment, the Echani attempted to make himself a touch more comfortable in his seat. His body shifted slightly, shimmying down a touch. Whilst he moved, the woman beside him hummed. She spoke of why the Exarch had, potentially, not informed him of the Crucible prior to taking the job. Overwhelming him more than likely wasn't the culprit - if his sibling's resume held any weight to the situation. Echani were not the sort where details would set their cup running over. Rather, they would file all the details away appropriately and attempt to make the best usage of them later. But, they could only speculate on what drove the Exarch as he was not present to ask. "Perhaps." he acknowledged, nodding ever so slightly.

"Or maybe the Crucible wasn't as large a threat then? Today seems bold compared to what I have been told thus far."

They then spoke of things which once were...and in doing so, the Echani was gifted a rare glance into the history of the Minister. He knew that she hailed from nobility. He knew that the life of the "court" was the furthest thing from tea parties and curtseying - but he did not anticipate that he life had also been filled with danger and evading harm. At a glance, Faye seemed cut out specifically for the world of nobility. She carried herself with a dignified air and never seemed to have so much as a hair out of place. It was hard to imagine someone of this caliber wandering about a warzone, for example. Or, at the very least, evading an assassination on her own. Perhaps she had help - but even still, she managed to survive.

She was more than met the eye it seemed. "It seems our paths were the exact opposite." came his response. "I was raised as a warrior. Danger was the foundation of my life and my understanding. I knew war since a very young age...now, I do not miss it. I will fight, of course. But it is not something that I seek for glory's sake." His hand moved as if to dismiss the thought from his mind. "For what it is worth, I am glad that you evaded harm. Perks aside, it has been...good...serving as your shield. I can only hope that I can continue for a long, long while."

uWe9rNy.png
[member=Var Talon]
Faye let out a sweet laugh that probably should have been quieter given the situation raging just down the corridor from their current location. ‘Well, we can’t have that, can we?’ She remarked with a smirk on her face. ‘Honestly, I don’t doubt Adron will sell me off to the highest bidder before I chance upon it naturally, but don’t tell him I said that.’ The brief back and forth they shared lifted the tension immeasurably, but it wasn’t kept at bay for long.

‘They were always a threat. Just a hidden one. But they have been causing quite the commotion these past few months.’ Her expression twisted to show her displeasure, but it quickly returned to the pleasant neutral it always was. ‘I doubt we’ll have any trouble with them, on a personal level. There are more valuable members of the Confederacy than I at present.’ It seemed there was a hint of relief in the way she spoke those last words. The Crucible had proven themselves to be a great and powerful enemy. Faye would have been a fool not to admit the very idea of them frightened her. The notion that there were indeed more important people for them to focus on was a comforting one, as much as it could be.

‘Avoided harm… I suppose.’ Faye didn’t linger too long on the question of what he defined as harm. Those memories were for a different time, a different place. Certainly not ones she should be sharing when there were worse things to think about on their doorstep. Instead, she chose to focus on the compliment that came after. Enchani were typically stoic people, the brief glimpse of care and attention Var had shown that day did not go unnoticed. ‘Thank you. I very much feel the same way. I feel I’ve gained a friend and not just someone here to do a job. It’s very refreshing.’

A gentle sigh escaped her lips as she slid her legs off the sofa. ‘Speaking of refreshing…’ In one graceful movement, the Minister stood and glided over to a tray of assorted drinks. ‘Pick your poison.’ She hummed as her fingers danced over a bottle of Arkanian sweet milk.

V3WrRJK.png
w. [member="John Locke"] | [member="Daisy Americus"] | [member="Ciri Jade"] | [member="Kirk Tektus"]
Kaden watched the doorway as the techie types did what he could not do. Everything they talked about went way over his head, so as they typed he pointed his gun down the hall. His eyes glanced at the time on his Heads Up Display. No one was coming down the hall. It was too quiet, and this seemed to be going too easy. It was then a chime dinged, and Kaden looked down at his datapad. Daisy had contacted him on their private string of messages that had been running between them since she drank him under the table his first night on Haseria.

Tags: [member="Kaden Farr"] | [member="John Locke"]

It was a cool evening on Haseria and the crickets felt like singing up a choir. The moon was full and everything was just perfect for an evening in. Daisy was taking advantage of the fact that her family was off-world. It wasn't often that she had the space to herself. As such - She was seated on her livingroom floor in a bathrobe with golden hair trussed up in curlers like a Life Day Turkey.

A tracker was beeping in her hands. Slow, steady. The lovely girl frowned. Had she been stood up? Again?

Silently she fumed. Daisy wasn't the type to overreact but she wasn't real good at all this girly crap in the first place. She tried. All the girls she knew were too Tom-Boyish or too busy. She knew weapons, armor, and machines.

Daisy Jane didn't know a thing about swooping eye-liner and contouring. For Kaden though, she tried, and he didn't even have the decency to be on time.

Heck. He was already late and he wasn't even in the same star system! When she picked up her comm she stared at it with brilliantly aquamarine eyes before sending a message though.

To [member="Kaden Farr"]:

umjRrdd.png

<<If you didn't want to have dinner with me just say so. There are plenty of spacers that do and I have half a mind to go to the Sierra Blanca and find one.>>

MHPzqlt.png
(Edited to add art and fix formatting at request of writer)

V3WrRJK.png
Objective: Consider taking over the ship​
Tagging: [member="Kirk Tektus"] | [member="Ciri Jade"] | [member="Kaden Farr"] | [member="Daisy Americus"]​

PlainBar.png
It was a race against time, John knew that in his heart of hearts, he couldn't help but fear that if they were too good, if they slowed the Crucible agents too much then they might end up killing their prisoner rather than risk letting her escape.

The team that had assembled was zeroing down on their location, but in the mean time John had taken control of the flow of information into and out of the ship, at least all the information that was being broadcast through the main communications system. Unfortunately the team had a number of different communication requests to sieve through to find the one they were after, and in the mean time everyone got their data requests throttled. A slow trickle of data that should keep them happy, a trickle of information that the teams could track back to those who had requested it. It was perhaps the only way for them to get a direct location of the agents.

When a location was found, well then they had to figure out who was there, so thank god for the camera's scattered all over the ship. It helped them eliminate some of the locations, leaving less and less for them to send to the other CIS agents crawling over the ship, checking in on the few locations out of the sight of cameras. It was grunt work, analyzing hte camera feeds and trying to run the recordings back and forward but it had to be done and the result..."Got them!" The minister's head came up to catch Kaden's gaze, "I'm sending your her location now, get everyone who can over there and let's go get the groom his bride back."

Kerstan Blackmoore

K
uWe9rNy.png

w. Áine | wearing: xxx

Áine has always seen through him and knew what the Sith Lord was thinking. Yes, he loved the carnage, and her acknowledgement of the fact drew a wicked smirk on Kerstan’s lips. She was also energized by it, the best wedding she had been to were the words she used. Happily ever after was overrated, and Kerstan was enjoying every bit of his own personality which he could see coming out of the fiery redhead.

Kerstan offered a silent toast before he sipped the wine. His smirk growing to a full smile when the redhead agrees to a private tour. His designs were not pure in the slightest, though Áine would not care. This was their dance. No matter how it ended, both of them seemed to come out winners. Kerstan had learned, however, it was always better to ensure Áine got what she wanted in the end.

“Of course the dress would look best on the floor, but until that is possible, you wear it quite well,” his retort came.

There was no sense in denying he preferred her naked to anything else. Her form, body, and skin, were perfect. Kerstan had made her that way, and he would have done nothing different were he to do it all over again.

Kerstan led his creation to the grand suite where he opened the door with a wave of his hand. It was opulent to say the least. The lavish bed covers and silk sheets boasted of the wealth of the cruise ships underwriters. Dark woods brought warm tones which were contrasted by the cooler marble and granite stone floors and surfaces. Kerstan smiled as the door closed, and his lips found those of his most precious creation.

V3WrRJK.png
w. [member="John Locke"] | [member="Daisy Americus"]
A curse escaped Kaden's mouth as he read the text.

"CHIT!"

The word was louder than he had intended it to be, and he hoped it had not been heard by the others. Kaden Was supposed to be at Daisy's house picking her up for another date. These missions he signed up for, something always seemed to go wrong, making him late or missing entirely. It was not good, and he knew it. What was worse, Kaden was in love with Daisy, and he kept finding himself in these kind of positions. Kaden did not need to be in person to know she was not happy. The text made it very clear. His only dilemma was what to say.

The truth, that was going to sound like another excuse at this point. Kaden was not certainly about to lie. He hated knowing that Daisy was mad, and he hated knowing he was the reason she was. Kaden really did not know what text back, but he knew nothing was the wrong thing. Some would tell him nothing was better than the wrong thing, but he knew better in this case.

Kaden's biggest problem was this was too knew. His relationship with Yasha had been more than straight forward, and there was really no courting involved. This thing he was doing with Daisy was foreign, and yet, he knew he wanted to spend all the time with her that he could. Hell, if he was certain she would go for it, Kaden had half a mind to go full mandalorian and simply recite the riduurok, but Kaden had the impression the Americus clan did things a bit differently on that front. Maybe he was wrong. All Kaden knew was his feelings for Daisy were strong, and if he did not reply he was going to regret it. He was already going to be made to regret being late.

To: [member="Daisy Americus"]

umjRrdd.png
Of course I want to have dinner with you!!
The Cabal attacked the wedding.
Bride kidnapped.
Bride saved.
On my way. I can be there in an hour.
Last mission for a long time. I promise.
I'm sorry, cyar'ika.
MHPzqlt.png
With the message sent, Kaden hauled his shebs off the ship and into his own personal vessel. He was going to be another hour before he reached Haseria, but he was determined to make it on time... well the new on time.

Tags: [member="Kaden Farr"] | [member="John Locke"]

Daisy was angrier than a hornet in a bonnet.

What was the point of always setting aside time, making plans, or turning down jobs if she was just going to wind up eating alone anyway? Her best friend was missing. Her family was often too busy with their own lives. They’d moved away from Concord Dawn due to political squabbles and the golden-haired woman had been irrevocably depressed for a long time. It was starting to come back. She could feel the loneliness creeping in like fall winds at the end of summer. Daisy did her best to stay positive—But it was hard.

Especially, when she kept going for the wrong guy. She must have been straight crazy. Being interested in someone that had previously been the Missus of the former Mandalore? Golly. Did she have a penchant for pain or what? The young woman drew her knees up to her chest and set the comm down beside her. The fluffy pink of her bathrobe draped neatly, keeping her warm, and modest.

She wanted to hit something. That would make her feel better.

Instead, pale fingers reached up, and she began to tug the large barrel curls out of her hair. She set them down in even rows until she got to the last one. The last one she wung so hard at the nearby wall that broke into little pieces. Daisy huffed. Her eyes stung, but, she refused to do something so incredibly cliché as to cry over a guy. It was stupid. So, stupid.

The comm went off and for a long moment she ignored it. Daisy didn’t want to read it and take the chance of being even more disappointed. Eventually curiosity got the best of her and she snatched it up so that she could read. The blues of her eyes flickered. “Oh…”

Cyar'ika.

It reminded her of an old lullaby that her mother used to sing when they were very young. She could scarcely remember it all. When she’d had nightmares or had refused to admit she was terrified of the monster that totally didn’t live under the bed, a soft song, had been her way of proving comfort. There was no accusation. Not too many words. Just…Protection. Protection of family, of love.
Nuhoy, ad'ika [Sleep, little one]
Gar ner cyar'ika [You are my sweetheart]
Ni ja'haili'gar [I will watch over you]
Akay vaar'tur [Until morning]

Ni laarari'gar [I will sing to you]

Ni cabuor gar [I will protect you]

Okay, maybe she was overreacting. Maybe, she hadn’t picked the wrong guy.

Her lips formed a careful smile, pale, but with a touch of sweetness at the kiss of her mouth. Maybe…Maybe.

To: [member="Kaden Farr"]

umjRrdd.png

<<At least you have the good sense to apologize.>>
. . .
<<I’ll meet you at the Sierra. If you’re lucky – I’ll save you a dance. I’m drinking your drink.>>
MHPzqlt.png

The cruise ship was well out of sight before Kaden’s datapad chimed, in fact, it was a good twenty minutes. He was a third of the way back to Haseria at this point when Daisy finally replied. A small sigh of relief was let go, but Kaden knew he was still a long way from making it up to her. She was still upset, and the fact she was suggesting she might not save a dance for him was telling. What really got him was the fact she was going to drink his drink.

A small smile pulled at his lip at the thought. It reminded Kaden of their first night of drinks. She pounded shot after shot of tihaar, and Daisy drank way more than Kaden thought she would be able to. She had drunk him under the table, even though he did not want to admit it. Kaden, for his age, was not that much a drinker. There no alcohol to get his hands on in the Netherworld. Daisy certainly had more of a tolerance than Kaden. There was no denying it, even if Kaden teased that he could out drink her if he wanted to.

Kaden’s biggest was he was learning how to be in a relationship as he went. He tried his best to message when he could, did his best to check in, but he was inexperienced with love as he was alcohol. Yes, he had been married, but there was nothing normal about his relationship with Yasha. Grey had pushed them together, perhaps that had been a mistake. The relationship had literally killed him, but there was no way Daisy would do to him what Yasha had done. Yes, she had been cautious, but she had also been more than affectionate.

At least the remaining forty minutes to the Sierra could be spent thinking about the moments the two had shared up to this point. It honestly made Kaden more than understand why she was mad. He kept running off for missions, it was his main income, but she was always left waiting despite the bond and the raw connection they shared. He kept promising he would come home in one piece, and he did, but it was beginning to dawn on Kaden that maybe Daisy wanted someone who was present.

Kaden could do that. He had built a home on Haseria after all. He sighed as he threw the ship into auto-pilot and reached for his comm. Before replying to Daisy he sent a message to his commander putting in for the long overdue leave he had built up over time, effective immediately.

To: [member="Daisy Americus"]

umjRrdd.png
I mean it… and this is the last mission for a long time.
Just messaged the commander and put in for all my leave.
I’ll be at the Sierra in 40 min….
Better save more than one dance, I promise to make it worth your while.
Tell Bobbi to put everything on my tab…
and if you’re drinking my share before I get there does this mean I’ll finally drink you under the table for once?

MHPzqlt.png

Thanks to the efforts of [member="John Locke"] and his team, not only was the databank protected, but the bride was located in time to keep the Crucible from using her, or killing her. While Crucible sought to serve a devastating loss to the Confederacy through their actions, they failed. Once the the remaining remnant of Crucible operatives and soldiers were dealt with, the wedding resumed, and the Bride and Groom exchanged their vows as a happy couple. In a show of gratitude, Woostri also finalized the terms given to them by the Confederacy for annexation, and another world was added to the fold.

As always just because this is a wrap does not mean you have to be finished with your posts. Feel free to continue whatever stories you have going :)

Thank you all for another grand dominion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom