Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public "We do NOT tie each other up here!"

The younglings and Kuxirra were having a blast. Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe and Zenda? Not so much. They were frantically catching the falling children.

Fortunately, it only took half an hour for them to tucker themselves out, and no one was hurt.

"Let's do that again tomorrow!" A youngling shouted gleefully, and the others cheered in agreement.

"How about we do something else tomorrow?" Zenda suggested.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Marina loved children...all children. They were full of life discovery, and full of energy right up to the minute they laid down to nap. Then energized again and then some. But younglings were twice-fold that at the least.
If it weren't for marina to be physically fit and trim, she'd have been on her back by the 3rd free falling child. But as tiring as it were, she managed to keep up somewhat with Zenda, who were in fact a jedi.
But this day were not a test of force knowledge between the two women, but patience. And patience were a virtue both seemed to be in par with.

Marina looked over to the jedi and daughter, in the delight of the younglings' enthusiasm. They had certainly enjoyed this day in the academy and field trip and wanted to do it again the next day.
Zenda of course knew better and although another field trip would not be out of the question, they certainly would be on an every day basis. Not till they established some ground rules based on the safety of the younglings and helpers like Marina and staff.

"Hmm..
Maybe we could try the sea sometime tomorrow?" Marina suggested, having gone over the ocean before she set her ship down at the academy.
Although the ocean was 130 kilometers distant.

"My ship could have us on the beach tomorrow in no time. There are plenty of sea shells and driftwood we could collect and later make ..uhm...wing-dings, trickets...anything back in the classrooms."

Zenda thought that was a wonderful idea, but made a show of appearing to think about it. Of course, she knew the younglings could sense her emotions, but she made a show of it anyway. "Hmm...that would be fun, wouldn't it? And it would give the children a chance to learn more, as well as get them out of the Temple. But considering the events of today that caused us to be here..." she shook her head. "I don't want anyone drowning because one of their clanmates tied them up."

"We won't tie anyone up! We promise!"

"Very well. We'll go tomorrow. When is a good time?" The Knight asked Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe .

"Midnight!" One child shouted, causing Zenda to laugh.

Marina DeVoe

Children...
What imaginative minds they had.
Of course midnight, or any clear evening were a good option too for going to the beach. Why with the stars above and a moon or three reflecting off the ocean... that were certainly a nice relaxing time at the shore at midnight.
But that were an adult's romantic imagination, these were younglings...children. Their imagination were quite different, more adventurous...quite fun and innocent.
Marina laughed along with Zenda. These children were precious.

"Well, from what I remember when I passed over the beach...any time of morning would be good. " She replied.

"Although perhaps we should check on the tides and local ocean swells to see what better time we will have. low tide will expose some wonderful treasures from the sea." Of course Marina were meaning shells, polished stones and other gifts the sea would have for them.

"Hmm... There should be some tide pools during low tide that'll have the children discover and understand small ecosystems..." Marina seemed as excited as the younglings were in going to the shore the following day.

"Maybe Kuxirra could come too?" Marina asked Zenda, smiling over at the young Togruta.

Last edited:

Marina DeVoe

Kuxirra's enthusiasm, edged the younglings to all plead going to the coast the next day. It became a chorus of younglings begging for a day trip at the beach tomorrow.
Marina wasn't sure if maybe she should have asked Zenda first in confidence, for she realized that the jedi were possibly put on the spot.

"Sorry, I should have run it past you first master Zenda." Marina said apologetically.

"But I do have sun screen and will make sure that the children won't go in the water past their knees..."

Marina DeVoe

True...so true, she thought.
But then again they were amphibious, so water were as natural for them as ..as...well, as the ground Marina walked on, for example.

But of the other younglings?
Marina nodded, quite understanding Zenda as to her concern. One....two Nautolans taking to the deep would inevitably draw the other younglings to venture father out into the ocean.

"I'll stay close to everyone...hopefully get them to be interested in collecting sea shells and other beach treasures." She replied, looking over to the eager younglings.
One...2...4...7...8... uhm 10, 11...14 younglings, she counted in her head. Yep and one Kuxirra. Everyone in the field were accounted for.

"All right everyone, stay close and lets get back to the academy." Marina then said, over to the children.

"We'll have some snacks and then we can show and tell as to what we discovered here in the meadows."

"You all did very well in your adventure."

Zenda herded the younglings back to the Silver Rest, grateful that Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe was able to help.

Without having to look—mother's instincts, she assumed, mixed with a little bit of the Force—the Knight was able to tell that everyone was accounted for...until they were about halfway back.

"Kuxirra, this way. We're heading home." The Togruta trilled lightly, knowing her daughter was easily distracted, and had stopped to look at a katarn. Kuxirra had decided she wanted a closer look at the animal, which Zenda didn't mind...unless going to look at it meant going away from the Temple, which it did.

Marina DeVoe

Marina turned to look, when she heard Zenda call out to her daughter.
It appeared the younger Togruta wasn't ready to call it a day.
luckily, the younglings were like good little ducklings and kept to the line.

"I'll take the children the rest of the way with the staff...." Marina then said, seeing that Zenda were concerned about her daughter wandering off.
".... I think our little explorers have had quite a good adventure today and I'm sure everyone has a discovery story to share with one another back at the academy.." She then said loud enough for the younglings to hear.
Sure enough, the children all agreed and quickened their pace back to the school.

Zenda smiled gratefully. "Thank you," she said, following behind Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe a few minutes later, her daughter in tow.

"I think I have an idea." Kuxirra said.

"What is it?"

"Remember what I told you about the blue banthas and what they taught me?"

"Preserving and sharing memories through the Force?"

"Yeah. Think I could try teaching them?"

"If you want, but please make sure it doesn't end up as disastrous as my teaching Mist-Weaving."

"Want me to get Dad?" Kuxirra teased.

"Let him do his work in the gardens. If he needs to, he'll come." Zenda said, trilling softly in a chuckle.

Marina DeVoe

"...3...6, 7...13, 14....awesome!" she counted younglings filing back inside the temple.

Marina had stood outside ushering the children in and when the last one, followed by another staff member was inside, so Zenda and her daughter approached. Marina waiting for them with the door open.

"Kuxirra..." Marina welcomed the young Togruta in, whom were then followed by her mother.

"Zenda....
I couldn't help but overhear you mentioning this Mist Weaving..."
Marina started, being quite curious as to what it was really.

"Was that what the children were conjuring up in the trees? I was wondering as to how they managed to bring the same ropes that some had gotten entangled with in class with them. I knew they didn't bring anything along with them other than what we provided for the field trip." She reasoned.

Marina had thought that she had seen ropes just form out of wisps of air...but wasn't certain as to exactly what she had seen.

"Can they or any force user actually make things out of thin air like that?"

Marina DeVoe

For one who knew little of the force's potential, Marina found it difficult to apprehend. It weren't due to disbelief, but rather of not personally experiencing the force through herself. Marina had for the most part of her childhood been isolated from force adept children. She had been home schooled by DEV her governess, before formally schooled in private universities and collages. All that she had learned as far as etiquettes and of the force were what her own family taught her. Marina were destined to step up one day and take on the family traditional role of a duchess for her house.
In short, the force had been nothing more to her than something which existed outside her circle....or so she were influenced to believe.

"I see..." She replied, sounding skeptical.
It was difficult to believe that which was understood as a force could in some way be made physical. Marina had studied physics and sciences, but never the force. The force had no practical purpose in the study of political science. But from what she had gathered on her own about it, certainly didn't discount it's existence and the ability of some individuals to connect to it. But again, the Will of the Force had no place in politics. Politics concerned the free will of entities co-existing with others, without any centralized influence.

"I just can't grasp the idea that this force can actually be made physical...like the ropes, or whatever they were." Hmm...maybe she should have examined one closely, instead of untangling the younglings and simply discarding them.

"It's not that I don't believe it possible... I mean, the ropes did seem to have come out of thin air...
Sorry, I just don't understand much of this force, is all."
She then said, hoping she didn't offend Zenda. It were just that Marina were influenced not to dwell on the force or have it influence her in any matter. Again, Marina were destined to take her place as a Duchess for her House on Alderaan, besides her mother and sister...as all the DeVoe women had since House DeVoe had risen many Millenniums past.

“I wear string, yarn, the name depends on the thickness,” Zenda said with a smile. - Don't take it as an insult. As Leehak Ahsoka Tano's great-grandmother said: "When you think you understand power, you see how little you know."

April Fool's!
I put it through a couple layers of Google Translate
Here's what it really said:
"Ropes, threads, the name depends on the thickness, I suppose," Zenda said with a smile. "No offense taken. As Leehak's great-grandmother Ahsoka Tano once said, 'just when you think you understand the Force, you realize just how little you know.' I don't understand it entirely, either."

Marina DeVoe

"Haha... it's not just children that have much to learn and understand." Marina nodded, as the temple door closed behind them.

"I had learned not a few months back that my bestie, a friend I've known for some time had discovered she were force adept." Marina said before hesitation.

"Learned too that she had a twin sister...however quite different in demeanor.
Still, my bestie is now currently at a Je'daii temple...learning and understanding that which seems to be the force that had apparently been murmuring through her dreams...." Marina trailed off, before deciding not to speak more of it.
She missed her bestie.

"Oh my...look at the time. I think we kinda had an extended adventure day today...haha. Best I get to the kitchen and help prepare the meals."

It were late afternoon, close to becoming evening. The children were still very much active but tiredness were certainly showing. Soon Marina would be assisting Zenda's staff with preparing the youngling's meals...quite a variety of meals as not all the children liked the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom