Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Way Of The Ystervark

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oh, I am."

Kahlil crouched just a little as she charged forward. His focused shots ceased, just long enough that when Valery finally did close in to try and probe his defenses, he was ready. His saber flashed around on instinct alone, his smile back and calm as he let the Force hold him in it's embrace. Let the Force be his shield, help guide his movements. And while it did, his focus could be on his blaster.

A rune flashed along it as he turned the barrel up. Flame. His shot erupted, burning out in a flash.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Planet
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Oh, I am."

Now she was grinning, and when she finally closed the distance to let their blades collide, Valery was entirely in her element. Green and violet sparks erupted, showering them in a display of power. But it had never been Kahlil's intentions to keep her engaged in just a clash of blades — not with her having both her hands available to push strength into any lock. No, he was more clever than that, and deflected her strikes. Only to pull his blaster at the ready again, and tap into his runes.

Oh.

Valery's eyes widened as flames ignited, but her own inner pyromaniac kicked in quick, and diverted the path of the flames. Well, most of it. While she jumped back and stared daggers, Kahlil could see the tip of her long bangs on the right side of her face burning just a little bit. Valery didn't notice, however, and pointed her blade at him, "Hey!" she called out, but without going into why she glared at him, she charged right back in.

And created a ring of fire around him in an instant, that she directed at him before bursting through the flames to lash out with a series of quick strikes. It was on.

Kahlil_Div2.png

His grin didn't fade even as she tapped into the flame and bent it to her will. There was a reason he used it, especially knowing that of the two of them, Valery was the one better with fire. The ring of fire formed around him, and it was exactly what he expected. The moment she came through the flames, his blaster was already pointed right for her and his grin only widened. Another rune flared to life along the barrel.

"Got you."

The Force affinity the gun had was far more useful than he thought. With a pull of the trigger, it fired. All around him the fire suddenly froze over. Everything around him froze solid.

Planet
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"No!" Valery's eyes widened but there was nothing she could do to stop it anymore. It's as if he read her like a book without the Dyad, and expected every move she made. Perhaps not too strange — turn fire against her, and she tended to tap into the flames herself. But with her own control over fire, she never really expected anybody to turn it around on her, and especially not in this way. If there was one thing she hated more than getting her hair burned, it was the cold.

And now she was completely frozen, the blades of her lightsaber disengaged but the hilt still in the palm of her hand. Through the clear ice, she could see him standing there, and she expected the most smug grin in the Galaxy, now that he had her frozen.

<Babe... it's really cold...> she whined telepathically.

At least this helped him get a feel for his new Form.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil chuckled a little before nodding. The flame rune from before flashed over the ice as he holstered his weapons and helped to let the ice around her melt. And let the flame warm her some. He might've gotten a little too excited with his freezing trick. Soon as she was defrosted enough his arms were wrapped around her and holding her close so he could help warm her up with his body heat.

"I'll warm you up, don't worry."

Planet
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

Slowly, Valery watched the ice around her melt, until she was finally able to move again. The flames from his rune warmed up her skin a little, but she was still feeling cold by the time she was freed entirely from his frozen grip. Luckily, her savior was right there to pull her into a warm embrace. "Very smooth," Valery said with a chuckle, "But maybe tonight, hm?" She jabbed a finger into his side and stepped back some.

Her hand slipped down and she patted against the side of her holster, before her fingers waggled real close to it.

"I've been practicing some on my own, and we have a score to settle. I'm not leaving at 1-1." Was she challenging him to a shootout? Yes, she was. Did she think she'd win? Stubbornly yes as well, although she knew he was no easy one to beat. He was fast on the draw, and she had only been practicing alone in secret a little.

Preparation before his actual lessons with her.

So Valery's hand inched closer to her weapon and-

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Always smooth, I am." Kahlil winked and laughed as she poked his side, moved away. He watched her with a faint smile, though it grew as she decided to set a hand atop her blaster. So that's how it was gonna be, huh? No tie, always pushing to find a way to win.

Not that she was, of course.

As soon as her hand inched closer he reacted. A flash of movement, and his blaster was out, firing a single shot. One placed right in the small space between her hand and her blaster. Just close enough for her to feel the heat, but not actually hurt her.

"You've got a ways to go before you can pull that off, love."

Planet
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

She really thought she had him this time.

Hours spent practicing, planning and coming up with ways to turn this shootout in her favor — but the smoking pistol on the ground was still a mark of defeat. She looked up at him as he spoke, pouted and crouched down to pick up her pistol again, so she could holster it. She really wanted to get better at something like this, but as he said, she still had ways to go.

"Seems I'll need more lessons, then," Valery chuckled and smiled sheepishly. But this wasn't really about her, so she walked back over and looked at him with more of a smile.

"Was there anything else you wanted to test or practice, or do?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Good thing you've got a good teacher."

Kahlil offered a wink as he stepped over to nudge her side gently. She was better than he thought. Which only meant she was training on her own in secret again. It earned a chuckle as he realized it, then just reached a hand down to squeeze hers gently.

"Here and now? No. We should probably check on the kids though, mm?"

Planet
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"The best."

She watched him walk over with a smirk and bumped her hip right back into him as he tried to nudge her. He knew that she was practicing alone, so hopefully he understood that this was a battle to be continued. It wasn't even really about winning either, as she knew that his years of experience would always tower over here, but she wanted to make it difficult. She wanted him to be proud of something new she learned with his help.

"Yeah, we probably-"

"Did Mommy lose again?" Vera asked, after quietly making her way down the ramp. She looked at her father first, then at her mother, and smiled innocently.

Valery just pouted again. "Where did you come from, my little Jedi Shadow?" Valery grinned, and quickly moved over to lift Vera up into the air. The young Noble squealed, laughed and started giggling uncontrollably when Valery began to tickle her sides. A bit of payback from mom? Sure, but it was just playing to Vera.

"Daddy? Can I learn to shoot, too?" Vera then asked, and Valery just smirked. As much as she took after her father, there was definitely a bit of Valery in there too.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil just flashed a knowing grin to Vera, but didn't bother to confirm or deny. Knowing Vera, she'd already seen the whole thing even if she wasn't actually present. No reason to rub it in Valery's face now. Instead he focused on the other question Vera had. He blinked in surprise, then glanced to Valery.

"Well, yeah. You haven't learned how to yet?"

Planet
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

They didn't need to say anything. Valery saw the grins they exchanged, so she kept tickling the younger Noble to make her squeal. She'd find her ways to tease Kahlil as well. Later tonight, for sure. After setting Vera down, she then asked about learning how to shoot, and Valery caught Kahlil glancing her way.

"Hey don't look at me. I'm-"

"Mommy said no," Vera said with a pout.

"That was a while ago, sweetie," Valery clarified with a huff, "I figured she was too young, but maybe it's time to teach her a thing or two as well? She could learn alongside me if she wants." Valery turned to Vera and smirked, "Would that be fun, sweetie?"

"Mhmm! Shooting at mommy sounds fun!" Vera exclaimed excitedly.

"With mommy," Valery said with a smirk and a roll of her eyes. "Your father shoots at me more than enough already."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil tried to stifle a laugh, but didn't really succeed. He did frown a bit in his laugh though, shaking his head. "Don't say it like that. That makes me sound terrible." He didn't shoot at her. Much. Just when they were sparring. He wasn't so foolish as to think others wouldn't think there was something wrong with it, though. He smiled towards Vera after a moment, stepping over to free her from her mother's tickles by lifting her up in his own arms.

"Of course I'll teach you how to shoot. It's important for an Epicanthix to know how to fight, so they're always ready to defend themselves. Right?"

Planet
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"You know what I meant, love," Valery said with a chuckle. "It's just during sparring." Sure, he was a bit rough with her sometimes... very rough sometimes... but it was never abusive or weird between them. She fought back just as hard, and it was just how they pushed each other to keep up their skill level and even make improvements. Vera understood that as well, especially after watching her parents spar so often.

It was always exciting to her.

Kahlil then stepped closer to lift up Vera, who grinned and playfully stuck out her tongue to her mother. Finally free from tickles, and she was going to rub it in. "Ohhh, I see how it is," Valery said with a devilish laugh. "You're safe now, but I'll get you later~" Valery teased with a playful tone.

"Nooo!" Vera giggled before she wrapped herself around her father, who explained more about the importance of learning how to shoot. Of learning how to defend herself. "Just like the Jedi," she said proudly before realizing something. "Does that mean I get a gun, too?"

Valery snickered, "A training one, sure. Set to low power. Right, dad?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Until you prove you're responsible with it, yes. A training blaster." Normally, it'd be a real one. At least on Panatha. But that was from a lifetime of being under the Zambrano dynasty, and Kahlil wasn't too keen on keeping all of his families traditions. Some, though, some were indeed fine. Like this. He smiled, setting Vera down to gently ruffle her hair.

"You've grown so much, little star. I know you already know how important it is to never try to harm someone, only defend. I believe that you'll be responsible."

Planet
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

Valery seemed relieved that he agreed to just a training blaster. Not that she thought- Actually, there was a chance he'd have wanted her to use a real one because the Epicanthix would have. But Vera wasn't just Epicanthix. She was also a kid who was still trying to get control over her Force-sensitivity, and while she has been taking that extremely seriously and performing well, it was just a safer option to start with a training weapon.

Luckily, it did not seem to bother Vera in the slightest. "Okay!" Vera said after being set down, her multi-colored eyes shifting between mom and dad. These were her absolute favorite trips. Just the family doing things together, whether it was playing, movie nights on the Bastion, or shooting stuff.

"I will do my best, daddy. Promise," she said with a hop on her feet. "Jedi don't make promises easily," she then added, echoing her mother directly. Valery was smiling proudly and looked at her husband.

"Hmm, maybe we should make it a fun training or challenge? I have some ideas unless you have your own?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I know you will."

Kahlil chuckled a bit as he again patted Vera's head before glancing up to Valery. He raised a brow for a moment, then grinned. A challenge? He had a couple ideas that could work out on the Bastion if they set up the room right at least. So he lead the way up the ramp, glancing towards the two.

"Let's work on your shooting, both of you. It's time you get used to letting the Force guide you."

Planet
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

Seemed like the word challenge had the intended effect.

Valery met his grin with one of her own, and reached for Vera's hand when Kahlil seemed to have some ideas floating in his mind. They began to walk back, and she glanced down at their daughter, "Excited to learn together, sweetie?" Valery asked, as Vera happily hopped along to the Bastion.

"Mm-hm! It'll be fun!" She grinned and followed her parents into the training room of the Bastion. Usually it was set up for their lightsaber or hand-to-hand sparring sessions, but with just a few adjustments, Valery knew he'd be able to turn it into a small shooting range as well.

"I'll have you know that I let the Force guide me all the time. Just... not so much with blasters."

"Mommy is making excuses," Vera said with a giggle, drawing a pair of narrowed eyes from her mother.

"Just like your dad..." Valery then muttered.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil just chuckled and rolled his eyes before shifting a hand. The room turned, his power shifting and rearranging it as needed for the shooting range. Then he just stood off to the side, a calm smile on his face as he watched the two.

"Challenge is simple. Without aiming, you'll fire at the targets as I raise them up. The first to shoot gets the points, but only if you hit the target. Sound good?"

Planet
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber

"Wow!" Vera called out when the room around her began to change. It didn't matter how many amazing things she saw her parents and other Jedi do, this would always stay exciting to her. The mysteries of the Force, learning new things, and now shooting with mom and dad!

"Sounds simple enough," Valery said when Kahlil explained how it would work. But she already knew that she'd struggle a little bit connecting her use of the Force with her use of a blaster. "And don't even think about shooting mommy again to win, Vera," Valery said with a smirk, referring to the festival when Vera turned a water gun against her and Alicio to win a game with Amani.

Vera, however, just giggled, causing her mother to blink. She wouldn't actually, right...?

"Ready!" Vera finally called out and when Kahlil raised the first target, they both quickly fires and...they both missed, and pouted with almost identical expressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom