Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War of Thrones, War of Empires

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Hey everyone :)

The true Eternal Empire is in need of more personages for a couple of plots that are well on their way.

-The first is a War for the Eternal Throne. [member="Darth Tacitus"] claims the title of Eternal Emperor simply for being a leader of a people that suffered. Well, the same could be said for most others :p Zakuul is the home of the Eternal Throne and the capital planet of the Eternal Empire throughout all of it's history. Not months away in a hyperspace journey clear on the other side of the Galaxy in CIS territory! And that is where the Eternal Empress resides, on Zakuul! The two Empires are planning on going at eachother's throats. Either it'll end in blood and tears, or in some form of diplomatic resolution.

-The second is a War against the First Order. The fallen Empire is still trying to maintain it's grip over Zakuul after the reformation of the monarchy there and the end of the Imperial system. Through acts of terror and sabotage, the First Order are doing what they do best in order to ensure that the people of Zakuul are punished for their claim of sovereignty. Once again it'll either end in blood and tears, or in some form of diplomatic resolution.

Now that Game of Thrones is finished, I found myself remembering how much I loved some of those characters. Don't worry, I won't be putting up any spoilers for those that haven't watched it yet. Some of my favourite scennes throughout the show is those between Lord Baelish and Lord Varys. The intrigue and chess game that they play involving those in power was such a thrill to watch (and read). I'd love to have characters like these put in either of the two wars. The Scions are religious leaders that help lead the government, usually to suit their own selfish needs. I'm currently writing just one for an NPC at the moment. A PC version would be great though!

Also once these are approved, we could use some PC versions of them for the fighting. We're also gaining our fleet and for the moment have no dedicated fleeter amongst our ranks. More than likely we'll be needing them.

So who's interested? Anyone have the time? Send me a PM or comment here. You can find me on discord as well!

Kay-Larr

There is a diplomatic thread in the works [member="Custani Valcho"] , [member="Cypher Rage"] . Thpugh it won't end well for me if it goes according to plan. Heh. But you are welcome to drop by. ;)

[member="Kyrel Ren"]

Zakuul is not yours. You are not Emperor :p

[member="Kay Arenais"] You failed to neglect that the true Eternal Emperor has held that title for a decade, uncontested, before Kay ever showed up. The same Eternal Emperor who has actually studied Valkorion's teachings and strives to resurrect and honor his legacy for the benefit of his people, unlike Kay Arenais who claims a title she doesn't even understand, for purely selfish reasons. If he, as the absolute monarch, decided that Zakuul no longer holds that title and that the Eternal Empire's home is now on another planet, that was his prerogative as the absolute monarch and he had every right to do so. And that's not even Tacitus' most important claim to the throne.

The thing which gives him more legitimacy? Seniority. Monarchies don't work like republics do, you can't just appoint a new monarch if you suddenly decide you no longer like the old one. And you can't just claim a title already held by a different monarch without said monarch wanting to kill you in order to preserve said title. What's worse is Tacitus sees this as an attack on the very soul and identity of the Nelvaanian people. Which means he's not gonna' back down and he's not gonna' budge an inch. Its either gonna' go his way, or down the highway (to total war). Especially since, as far as he's concern, he holds all the cards.

Then there's also the way Nelvaan handles disputes, which is through military force. So, even if we end up reaching some sort of diplomatic settlement, it will not be before there is blood and violence.

Kay-Larr

[member="Darth Tacitus"] , the same could be said about many that study others and their ways :p That doesn't make one an automatic heir. HIS Eternal Empire that was not well known resides in another's territory, under another's jurisdiction.

Kay's claims were not something that she decided upon. It was done so by the Scions. It wasn't as though she had access to the holonet while she was in jail to just pick a planet, get a bunch of different gov'ts to free her from prison and put her on a throne. No, it wasn't her doing at all. There's a much bigger chess game that has been in the works for a long time. HER Eternal Empire resides where it has for centuries and will continue to do so; in the freedom of Wild Space.

Anyone can proclaim anything; that the Core has moved to Tatooine or Bakura. It doesn't make it true. It doesn't erase history. Nelvaanians are Nelvaanians. Nothing changes that. What were they before Tacitus came along and proclaimed himself Emperor? They were Nelvaanians with no link to an Eternal Empire at all. Zakuul on the other hand? You'd have to go way, way back. If anything he should be glad that they are regaining their sovereignty from under another Empire's thumb. Their territory is their own and no one elses. And soon that territory will expand.

Freedom comes with a cost, both for Kay and for Zakuul. That cost is a bloody one. And not one that they'd flinch away from in order to keep it.

;)

[member="Kay Arenais"] And what was Zakuul before Valkorion came along? The same argument can be brought up against Kay's claim as well. Then there's also the fact that there hasn't been an Eternal Empire for millenia. No, the EE hasn't resided on Zakuul for centuries, there wasn't any Eternal Empire at all, not since Arcann and Vaylin, who were the last Eternal Emperors. Claiming that the title of Eternal Empire belongs to Zakuul would be like claiming that the true Republic is whoever holds Coruscant.

Also, whether or not Kay chose to claim the title, is irrelevant as far as Tacitus is concerned. The fact that she chooses to hold on to the title, is what matters in Tacitus' eyes. The Scions are, as far as he's concerned, just a bunch of traitors and usurpers who will be dealt with in due time, but Kay is the face of the entire movement, hence his public focus on her.

We've got ourselves an Eastern vs Western Roman Empire situation, here. And we could probably drag out this storyline for as long as we want to, the whole thing is certainly convoluted enough.

Kay-Larr

[member="Darth Tacitus"]

Indeed!...lol At least we don't have messed up family structures like some of the Empires of old. Nor Game of Thrones! No incest or marriage between distant relatives. Phew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom