Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Waging the War

Waging the War
1aa41936a58e2116b0523dc626dc0c26.jpg

Tags: Nola Nola

Altima took a step out of her fighter, the synthetic endings of her muscles flexed as she applied weight onto the leg, and pulled herself out of the cockpit. The crowds of refugees were hard to not miss as she moved from the landing ports, and into the rest of the compound. From what she had heard, the regional government of Ventooine had collapsed, and as a result, pirates and thugs had been attacking at cities. While the call for mercenaries had gone out for support, Altima didn't feel the need to ask for pay to help a waylaid people. If anything, it just made her want to assist that much more. Several armed guards cast glances towards her, though she paid them no mind. From what she could see, they were nearing exhausting, and their armaments made them less like soldiers, and more akin to a Coruscanti mall cop.

Hopefully, this won't be another dead end. Altima's circuits demanded some action. Sadly, she had no idea where to go. And so, the highly sophisticated android roamed aimlessly, her perimeters not letting her think to ask for help.

Last edited:
Nola hung on for dear life as the ship landed, violently thudding to the ground with the engines winding down. The Harch was ever so grateful for the engines to be silenced, due to the fact that when they were powered up, to her they sounded like an infant Porg screeching for its next meal. Nola was able to catch a ride from a passing interstellar tug that was down a member, so she signed for the trip only to get dropped off at the next location in hopes in finding work. Walking to the end of the ramp Nola softly sat down on the edge removing her boots from her feet and with a deep calming breath she placed them on the ground enjoying the sensation of the planet beneath her clawed feet. With a smirk she placed her boots into her knapsack and pulled out a small bar that was loaded with protein and calcium only to began chewing on it. Doing one last check of herself she ensured her helmet and boots were stowed properly and that her RSKF and DG-29 heavy blasters were strapped properly crossed her body and began her journey into the depths of the compound.

After a few steps she began to doubt her decisions up to this point, noticing the crowds of what seemed to be homeless people. With their reasons unbeknownst to her, she walked away taking one last look at the tug as if it would call to her asking her not to go and just head back.

Hopefully….just hopefully this time she can catch a break.

Waging the War

Altima had spent several moments wandering about, and by now she was starting to wonder if her actions up til now were rather wasteful. She began to ponder this, and attempted to find a more efficient way to solve this problem. She began looking for abnormal life, anything that wasn't a human or near human species, thinking that whoever was most important here, clearly would be the most distinguished. To some it might have looked as if she was merely standing in a trance, but in reality she was taking in every person she could spot, and running it through an algorithm.

Which lead her to a particular Harch female that seemed to stand out. So, naturally, Altima approached her. Still moving perhaps a bit too stiffly, she began to address the stranger as she closed in. "Hail there, I have come on behalf of the planetary government, are you perhaps the one that has requested aid?" She asked, leaving common sense at the door, and seemingly ignorant of the ship this woman just came in on. "I am Altima, you may use my services however you see fit."

The arachnid cautiously strode deeper into the compound nervously scanning her surroundings for possible members of her former owners henchmen. Nola always lived in a life of fear. Fear that she would be found and transported back to the Hutt family to continue her unhealthy life of service.

"Hail there, I have come on behalf of the planetary government, are you perhaps the one that has requested aid?"

A woman’s voice sounded, which caught Nolas attention only to press her to scan her surroundings, evaluating her options Incase things went south. As she turned she noticed a woman still mid stride to her location, eyes fixated on her.

"I am Altima, you may use my services however you see fit."

Clueless yet startled and nervous she watched this woman who called herself Altima approach with a stride that of an old woman trying to get her footing as she climbed out of bed from their slumber. Swiftly and subtly Nola turned her body to the right at an angle, placing two of her right arms on her blasters that were now blocked by her body position.

Naturally she was already on edge, for this world was all so new to her, the sights, the sounds, and the smells, heck even the locals were somewhat something of a mystery to her. Now…now a total stranger approached her…..directly. Oh man….she was unprepared for this, her heart slowly escalated due to the fact she had slightly forgotten How to interact with normal beings outside of her captive years.

“I’m sorry?”

Nola responded, a little confused.

“Sorry I haven’t had a chance to talk to anyone yet, I just transported her in search of work myself.”

Nola began to take in the woman who stood before her. Noticing her cybernetics which instantly intrigued the Harch, she loved tinkering so anything technological demanded her attention.

“My name is…”

For a split second she hesitated, unsure if this was a scam or a set up, returning her gaze back at the woman’s, she continued

“My name is Nola, I’ve been traveling awhile searching for work.”

She recalled the last thing the woman mentioned

“I mean, do you know where I could earn some credits maybe? I’m quit hungry….and maybe a place to stay for a short period?”

Waging the War

She felt part of herself deflate as she realized this woman was not who she was supposed to speak with. She needed to improve her situational awareness and body language filters. She tilted her head, giving the woman a second, third, and forth look over. Then attempted to process the body language. Problem being, her limited interaction with people made it difficult to assign these outliers to anything of value. "Apologies are unneeded, but if you need nourishment, then perhaps the local economy can supplement you." She made a gesture with her hand to the surrounding facility, and it would seem unlikely this place had anything to spare.

Altima realized this after a moment, and her pathway of thought shifted. "If you require food, my ship contains rations that are unused. I will be willing to trade them, in exchange for your information." She attempted to smile, but she hadn't practiced it very much. As a result, she ended up flashing her teeth to Nola, then stopping. Something in the back of her mind told her she was being 'weird'. "As for work, the local magistrate requested aid in combating raiders, however, I do not know this area well. Perhaps we can work together, foster relations, and grow as a result of this encounter. Is this agreeable?" Altima's head tilted to the side, almost like a puppy trying to gleam understanding from something it's human owner said.

As advanced as she was, if it was outside of combat, she knew very little of procedure.

Patiently Nola waited as the woman spoke, taking in her every-word. Ever so Calculating, the woman was, She could see the honesty in the woman’s eyes and hear the sincerity in her voice.

“It’s more of a want ma’am.”

Nola replied shrugging it off, seeing as in the back of her mind she remembers more times than not she has gone longer without sustenance in the ‘times of the before’ as the Harch called it. She remained a little on uneasy about the fact a total stranger had offer an exchange to her for services, remembering past experiences of lies and deceit she had experienced from her owners, promising her return to the world only to find a way to entrap her again in servitude.

Making things worse, she became a little shook at the other woman seemingly just showing her teeth and then clasping her lips together just as fast as the harch could realize what was going on.

Taking one last look around her and seeing the predicament she had found herself in, low on credits, nothing to her name but the things she carried on her person…..

Hesitantly she nodded

“Yes…..yes I suppose we could do that?….I’m may not be of much use but I can try….”

Taken back by the other woman’s awkward head movements she commented

“We can also work on that”

As Nola picked up her belongings and placed her backpack on she glanced at their surrounds, and thought to herself

‘Nice work….I don’t know what you’re doing….or what you have gotten yourself into Nola but here we go….”

Waging the War

"Your concern is noted." She replied, leading the woman back to her ship, moving stiff still though her manner was more military now. "I think you have sufficient ability given your many limbs, and endurance, you should be very skilled at multilateral conflicts and engagements of the violent kind." She nodded, her star fighter stationed not far from them, so Altima attempted to talk. As organics and normal people did. "I am Altima, as I informed you before, but I am a new kind of lifeform. Synthetic life. I am like you, but less so. I apologize if I come off as socially inept. My primary design is for combat, so much of my social ability relies on assessment of physical and mental make up. Over time, I think I can overcome this. Can we be friends?" She turned her head back to Nola, starting with the freaky teeth showing smile, then reining it back in, to be a tad more normal.

It wouldn't be long before they were by Altima's ship, a T-50H Hurricane. It could fit two people, but the main focus was the storage bay, as Altima gripped what should have been a near seventy pound crate and moved it with ease, setting it down, and fumbling for her cache of ration bars. She handed a small case to the woman, going for a more genuine, reined in smile, that quickly lost itself. "Here you go, please, enjoy nourishment."

Oh yea, she had this whole thing down pat.

“Thank you”

Nola commented gratefully, unhesitatingly she opened the box and only took a few pieces and began to hand the rest of the rations back to Altima. She wasn’t used to having more food than what she needed to survive.

“So…..what brings you to this…place?”

She inquired as she began to eat the rations, distracted by the people scurrying about the compound.

“What’s it like?”

She continued

“what’s the cybernetics I mean? Do you, you know? feel them if something happens to them?”

She gestured to Altimas legs.

“I’m sorry I shouldn’t have….”

Embarrassed for asking such a question, she stood up and packed up the remaining rations and pulled her knapsack back on

“Shall we?”

Waging the War

"You are welcome." She remarked without much emotion, leaning against her starfighter as she watched the woman pick through the rations, though Altima was confused to see that Nola handed much of it back. She took it, not wanting to offend whatever gesture this was. Humility? She wasn't sure. "I came to help. It is my purpose to protect, and help others." She nodded, a small bit of enthusiasm in her voice.

Altima saw the woman set to eat, and began to look about elsewhere. Perhaps too unnaturally, as she didn't stop doing it.

Then Nola asked about her cybernetics. Her eyes following the woman's motions. Then, she seemed to get shy about the line of questions. "It is of no consequence. I feel things just as anyone does. My memories of my past life, while there, are...cloudy to say the least. But yes, aside from my social programing needing to be expanded, I can feel my cybernetics." She gives another 'not quite right' smile. There was more to what she had said, but that would have to wait.

"But yes, let us do the things." She remarked, motioning for Nola to follow, as she identified something of a government building not too far away. This would be the place to secure their work.

"I came to help. It is my purpose to protect, and help others."

As Altima had exclaimed her purpose, it struck a cord within the harch. Her body froze as she pondered to herself

“protect?….wish someone was there to protect us when we were captured…”

Not that she blamed Altima or anyone of her standing but she did wonder what would have happened if someone WAS there to ensure her… any of the other kids for that matter were never taken. She couldn’t help but replay her time as a child growing up under Hutt control.

For a brief moment she wondered what her life would have been if she was still with her parents. Would she have had any siblings?

“probably a few sisters and one baby brother”

she thought to herself, with a slight smirk, but quickly faded as she was brought back to the now.

“I wonder if my parents are still alive? if they are would they even recognize me? Did they have other children? Would they even like me?….I wonder if they have forgotten me?…..”

"But yes, let us do the things."

Nola realized Altima was on the move, and swiftly began to follow in stride.

“oh right!”

Waging the War

Altima couldn't read minds, and hardly body language. Needless to say, she didn't know what was on Nola's mind. But what was on her mind, was trying to work out the threats that loomed before them, and how it could be handled. She could handle most things, but what if it was a battle tank, or something of heavy armor? She wasn't sure what to do in that situation, but perhaps her abilities could even the odds out.

Only time could tell.

She noticed Nola had fallen behind, so she paused to allow her new friend to catch up. "I believe we can negotiate with the governor here for payment, aid in the piracy problems they have been having and-" Before she could finish, a man in what seemed like officers attire reached out and grabbed Altima. "Are you two the hired help? We got a situation unfolding, could really use some help."

He began, Altima looked back to her friend for approval, then back to the man. "What seems to be the issue?"

"The raiders, they've-" Before he could finish, a series of missiles sailed over head high in the sky, and detonated in a bright flash, as the bases turbo laser fire reacted. There was a moment of stunned silence, before the man finished. "They got missiles, been firing them at us but we can't get 'em. Don't have the resources to deploy and eliminate them."

"Oh. Problematic." Altima observed. The man looked at Altima with a strange look, then to Nola. "Anyways, we need someone to clear that site out. You two are here for that, right?"

As Nola was catching up she took a tactical pause as she seen a stranger more so of in a hurry approach Altima and begin to urgently chat. She picked up the lace till she was standing within arms reach of the woman but back far enough she had some distance. As her new found friend had glanced her way as if in assurance she subtly gave a look to show her support for what ever decision Altima made that she would be there.

"The raiders, they've-"

the man was interrupted as a bombardment of shells had begin to spring out from what it seemed like, nowhere. Nola tuned the man out as she watched and listened to the impacts of both friendly and well…not so friendly fire clash.

She was used to forms of combat seeing as the Hutts were always giving a show of force but missiles? This was something new for her. The man looked to Nola which caught her attention which she tuned back to the man just as fast as she tuned him out.

Bravely she spurred out

“As a matter of fact…”

Glancing at Altima, And returning her 6 eyed gaze back to the man

“We are…..Do you have a location of their position(s)? What are their numbers like? What about their firepower….Weaponry?”

With her cybernetics in her mind Beginning to process more inquiries that she could spit out she paused and took a breath to try and slow her mind. She was never open about her implants due to them being all forced annd involuntary and for the greater good of her enslaver rather than herself.

Looking to Altima she awaited to hatch out their plan in attempts to free the people from their fears.

Waging the War

The man looked at the pair, sighing as he produced a small datapad, handing it over to Altima, who promptly moved to share it with Nola. It showed a map, and namely, what seemed to be a cliff-side a few klicks away from the base that stretched into a cave network. Overall, it wouldn't be too difficult in handling the pair with a simple missile blast, but from how this map showed it, someone would have to go in and take them out. Still, one could just reprogram the missiles and let the pirates own hardware do all the work.

Least, this is what Altima was thinking of. "This is manageable, we will inform you when we are done." She nodded, to which the man simply eyed the two, waiting to see if they had anymore questions, before backing away. Altima realized, she hadn't quite asked if Nola was prepared for combat. She had assumed that was the case, but, still. Maybe she was being rude not asking her new friend. "Nola, are you equipped for such combat? I have several weapon systems I can offer to you, but I did not factor in your own experience and personal thoughts on the nature of this assignment." She tilted her head, waiting for Nola's feedback.

This whole communication was a bit more complicated than she thought.

Looking to the data pad the Harch let her cybernetics do their job, taking internal photos and storing them in her memory bank. With a slight unsettling smirk she replied

“I can manage, these little ladies have yet to prove useless…”

Looking down at her 2x RSKF-44 heavy blaster pistols, 4x DG-29 heavy blaster pistols she gave them a pat with her multitude of arms. Looking to her feet one last time ensuring her boots were removed, she tended to move quicker and more sure footed with no resistance. Her eyes shifting back to Altima she nodded hesitantly.

Nola understood Altima’s intentions at this point and was willing to help in anyways she could.

“when ever you are ready we can push forward”

Waging the War

Altima smiles, this one a little better but still showing too much teeth. Unslinging her rifle from her back, she popped off the safety, making the weapon give off a low pitched whine. “If you have taken your defensive capabilities into consideration, then we are more than prepared for the combat that looms ahead.” She blinked several times, and was pleased to find her weapon data was being shared with her optical implants.

She was a bit confused as to why Nola removed her shoes, but she didn’t ask. Maybe her friend just enjoyed moving against natural terrain. “I believe we can tactically place ourselves at the site, then move from there. I can utilize the slave circuits in my system to recall it to us one we have cleared the way.” She nodded, switching her weapon off and placing it back on her back. “Your hands would give you better skill at operating my fighter, but if you wish to direct weapon systems on board, this is agreeable as well.” She remarked, turning back towards her ship, waving for Nola to follow.

It would take far too long to walk, yet they’d have to avoid being shot down if they were going to be flying in over there.

Future problems for a future Altima.

Nola nodded as she slung her backpack over her shoulder and began To follow her companion closely as they made their way towards her spaceship. They both knew that they were going to have to face some dangerous and unscrupulous pirates, but they were determined to succeed in their mission.

Nola had been traveling through the galaxy for many years, finding work just to survive and fighting against pirates, well this was going to be a first for her. Her new friend, an enhanced being with advanced technology, was a perfect partner for her in this quest.

“what type of craft is this?! She looks pretty advanced and a newer model?!”

As they approached Altimas spaceship, Nola made a few final preparations for their mission. The ship from what she could see was equipped with state-of-the-art weapons systems, and had many hours spent customizing them to suit the pilots particular style.

Looking to Altima

“I’m ready when you are my friend.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom