Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Vulfen Battle Suit Mk. I

Status
Not open for further replies.
cal-santiago-scifisouls-armor06.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create the main armor for Lorale Farmar's personal legionnaires, The Vulfen Assaulters
  • Image Source: (X)
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multi-purpose
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Resistances:
    • Blasters: Very High
    • Kinetic: High
    • Explosives: High
    • Melee Weaponry: High
    • Lightsabers: Low
    • Sonic: Low
    • ION/EMP: Low
    • Environmental: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Armor Overall:
    • Thermal Gel
    • Powersuit Liner
    • Advanced Environmental Control Systems
    • Reinforced Personal Environmental Seals
  • Chestplate:
    • Stimulant Dispersal
    • Electronic Dampener/Disabler
    • Secondary Nutrient Reservoir (1 Week's Worth)
    • Songsteel Layered Pauldrons
    • Combat Belt w/ Field Gear (Including DataPad with encrypted HoloNet access)
    • Stimulant Injector
  • Backplate:
    • Impact-Regulator
    • Spinal Cover
    • Primary Personal Deflector Shield Device
    • Primary Nutrient Reservoir (2 Weeks Worth)
  • Legs and Boots:
    • Gyroscopic Stabilizers
    • Anti-Gravity Magnetizers
  • Arms and Hands
    • Internal Systems Control Datapad
    • Stimulant Dispenser
    • Secondary Personal Deflector Shield Device
  • Helmet:
    • Verbal Internal Systems Control
    • Variable Communication Channel Links
    • Automatic Targeting Systems
    • Threat Level Gauge
    • Audio Filter/Language Translator
    • Targeting Reticles
    • Life Sign Monitors
    • Multi-Configuration Radar Systems
    • Anti-Glare/Burst Lenses
    • Spectrum Range Finder
    • Infrared Systems
    • Ultraviolet Systems
    • Night-Vision Systems
    • Audio/Visual Recorder
    • Respirator
    • Voice Amplification Systems
    • Nutrient Dispenser
STRENGTHS
  • Durability: The assault suit is fully plated with highly durable materials and is surrounded by a local deflector shield capable of resisting several attacks that would otherwise be devastating to the wearer. Once the shield falls, the armor itself is highly resistant to blasters and other plasma weaponry, as well as vibroswords, and various kinetics.
  • Environmentally Sealed: The assault suit is fully sealed, isolating the wearer from the outside environment and protecting them from numerous chemical and biological weapons and toxic atmospheres. It is such that wearers of this suit can very momentarily stand in highly dangerous substances such as magma, acid, and even toxic waste from Hutt factories, as well as protect the wearer from the vacuum of space.
  • Internal Systems: The advanced systems of the assault suit allow the wearer to partake in the most dangerous missions and return with only minor-moderate damage. Designed to give the ultimate edge to the soldiers deemed worthy of wearing this armor, each of the systems serves a combative purpose, highlighting and targeting hostiles up to 800 meters away, modifying the internal environment to prevent the user from taking elemental damage, and so on.
  • Stimulant Injector: As the Vulfen Assaulters see melee combat far more than most forces under the scope of the Empire, they require increases in stamina and endurance. Thus, the armor was crafted with internal injectors to pump battle stimulants into the wearer if necessary, increasing their competence in battles for moments at a time.
WEAKNESSES
  • Lightsabers: While the assault suit does possess high resistance to most forms of damage and attacks, the armor is still susceptible to lightsabers. Although it is capable of resisting glancing blows, directed slashes and thrusts will break through the armor and thus the wearer.
  • Difficult to Replace: This model of armor was designed specifically for those within the forces of Lorale Farmar. This, coupled with the materials used for the plating as well as the components used for the systems and features, not only makes the model exclusive to the Vulfen Assaulters but also limited and difficult to repair and replace. In addition, each suit of armor, plus one-two replacement sets, is crafted individually over to fit the specific soldiers within the Wolf of Noxis' forces. Due to the secretive nature of the Vulfen as a whole, this only adds to the difficulty as, while the suits are not impossible to replace, they face the risk of being discovered and facing tough scrutiny and possible investigation that could stonewall Lorale's plans.
  • The Force: As with most infantry combat armors in the Galaxy, this armor, for all its strengths, cannot hope to resist the powers of the Force and a skilled Force User will prove to be immensely dangerous to the safety and condition of this armor and its wearer.
DESCRIPTION
The glory of battle requires equally glorious arms and armor to be wielded in it. This is something The Wolf of Noxis has understood for centuries. As such, Lorale routinely has his master crafter of a brother, Kascalion Giedfield, delve into the forges on the planet of Helgard and science labs upon Dotouk, Arrakan, Dromund Kaas, and Bastion, developing a wide array of armor sets, blasters, vibroswords, and so on. Most of what is crafted is usually for the Sith Empire and its goals of Galactic conquest. The gear that is crafted outside of this spectrum rarely sees the light of day, but those that do are often regarded as pinnacles of design.

This suit of armor is no exception to the rule.

The Vulfen Battle Suit Mk. 1 began its development not long after Lorale gained the rank of Darth. It has since been used by Lorale's personal legionnaires who carry out the Sith Empire’s mission to reunite lost worlds and gain new ones to expand and conquer the galaxy. It is a fully enclosed suit of armor with life-sustaining systems, making it suitable for the conquest of space and operations in a vacuum and on alien worlds with hostile atmospheres or environments.

Due to its engineers being predominately ones employed by the Empire, the armor features many features similar or downright identical to the current brand of Imperial Legionnaire suits. However, as it is designed to be unique and heftier than said armor, it offers both advanced versions of the same systems or new systems entirely. It also uses an appearance unlike any other in the Empire's ranks, being akin to that of a silver-blue bipedal wolf.

The true reasoning behind the armor’s construction is muddled, but it is generally believed that the Wolf of Noxis simply combined the desire to stand out with the desire to further enforce the rule of the Empire in the most hazardous of locations.

Last edited:

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Lorale Farmar"]

Alright lets have a look through

Extremes can only be used on semi unique armours I am sorry but you will need to drop that rating.

Extremely Limited Production: Each unit of armor was constructed over many years to personally fit either the assigned soldier wearing it or the next in line should the original wearer perish in battle but the suit remains intact. This limits the number available, makes it an extremely difficult suit to repair, and is a near-travesty when a unit is lost in the field to the hands of one that will either waste the suit or learn to utilize its potential. - How is this possible when you have the production rating of minor?

[member="Tom Taff"] Fixed! Apologies, I misunderstood the production ratings as Minor was for large groups and such on the template and the unit this armor is for is somewhat large. Thank you for pointing it out!

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Lorale Farmar"]

Apologies on the wait. Things have been hectic. I stuffed up when I said semi unique in terms of extremes it's actually only uniques. That's my bad so you need to either drop the rating or the armor production.

Lorale Farmar said:
Production: Limited

Lorale Farmar said:
Limited Production: This model of armor was designed specifically for those within the forces of Darth Raptious. This, coupled with the materials used as well as the materials used and system features, makes the model exclusive to the Firebirds, but also limited and difficult to repair and replace. In addition, each suit of armor, plus one-two replacement units, were crafted individually over years to fit the specific soldiers within the Darth's forces. Due to the rather secretive nature of the Firebirds as a whole, this only adds to the difficulty as while the suits are not impossible to replace, they face the risk of being discovered and facing tough scrutiny and possible investigation that could ruin the Darth's plans.
[member="Tom Taff"] Hello! Apologies if I made things more difficult. I changed the production to limited and weakness's terms. If this is not allowed, please let me know and I will change immediately. I am very determined to get this armor set approved for my personal legionnaire forces and will do whatever is needed to get said approval. Thank you again for being patient!

[member="Lorale Farmar"], [member="Tom Taff"],

I apologize for jumping into the submission. As Tom is currently busy with Real life, I have been asked to step in.

With the use of both the Factory, and Codex, at the same time, complicates things. Before the NPC submission of the Firebirds can be approved, the armor will need to be approved first. Thus, I will just try and condense the information needed to get this submission done, while still holding true to the idea of the NPC sub you have been working on.

Lorale, For context and so that we are on the same page. You have posted an NPC unit submission of "The Firebirds." Which are by your counts in the submission, 10,000 strong. This count is not fitting of a Limited production armor. As per the Limited Production is "Limited (Only one small group of characters. IE: Small task force, Not entire factions.)" As per listed within the Factory Templates.

So for the context of the NPC submission. So that you can use this armor with your unit, I would like to give you some options on what we can do or, you are more than welcome to not use either of these options and come up with one of your own that we can work on together.
  1. Change the Production of the armor to "Minor" to fit within the frame of quite literally, an army. You will also have to reduce the ratings of the armor itself. Namely the "Extreme" rating you have currently put with Environmental protections. As Tom has stated before, Extreme ratings require the production Value to be Unique. This last part is a recommendations rather than a requirement, but I would like to see the other ratings reduced by two, from any one, or one rating taken from two different ratings you currently have. That way it is more balanced.
  2. You can keep the production of the armor at "Limited." However, you will still be required to remove the rating of Extreme, and instead, go to your submission of the "Firebirds" and reduce their count significantly. Finally, this part as well is a recommendation, but I feel it would be easier for you, to not use hard numbers with your Firebird forces. Making hard numbers limits you greatly and holds you down.
If you have any other questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask. I am more than willing to help you solve this and get this in your hands as fast as possible.

Lorale Farmar said:
- Blasters: Very High - Kinetic: High - Lightsabers: Low - Sonic: Low - ION/EMP: Low - Environmental: High
[member="Vigil Rostu"] I believe I fixed the issues? The armor is generally designed for heavy combat scenarios where it can take quite a bit of physical damage but flounders in terms of internal systems damage, hence the low resistance to emp/sonic/ion but high resistance to blasters/kinetic/environmental. Lightsabers are low due to the songsteel pauldrons and vambraces and local shield the armor possesses, but I believe that can still be fixed if you believe so as well.

I have lowered the ratings to fit that vision in mind. If it still needs some rework, let me know! Thank you for helping me out with this.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
Moved to Pre-Factory as per author's request. Please remember to make a note at the bottom of your submission summarizing the changes you have made and tag a member of the Factory Staff once you're ready for active judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom