Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Kascalion Giedfield

The Devil | Kavar Lok Kas'Oni

K A S C A L I O N .

O V E R V I E W

. S U M M A R Y
A relic of an age no longer in memory, Kascalion Giedfield - born Kavar Lok Kas'Oni - is a titan of mystic power and wanton destruction. Armed with weapons of egregious lethality, this Sith Master marches forth into war as if he were born from it, which he very well may have been.

Throughout his long, dreadful history, Kascalion has earned a mixed reputation for his ever-changing appearance, goals, allegiances, and personality. At times, he would appear a man in armor, bearded and regal. Others, a terrifying horned devil man with fur covering his muscular body. But perhaps his most infamous appearance would be the one that most properly reflected his inner soul: a massive warrior-king colossus with a golden skull, engaged in an endless war with the New Imperial Order.

Today, Kascalion has lost almost every ounce of political and galactic power he had obtained during the Age of Chaos, falling victim to his own hubris and lack of consistency. Now trapped in a rotting shell of his own body, the man once named The Devil wanders the stars as a Dark Hermit, seeking a glorious end to his own inglorious life.

. H O M E W O R L D
Credence​
. R E S I D E N C E
None​
. S P E C I E S
Devikin​
. G E N D E R
Male​
. A G E
Unfathomably Old​
. H E I G H T
6'8"​
. B U I L D
Hyper Muscular​
. F A C T I O N
None​
. P O S I T I O N
Sith Master​
. C L A S S
Juyo Marauder​
. S E X U A L I T Y
Bisexual​
. V O I C E

F U L L . F I L E

Last edited:
The Devil | Kavar Lok Kas'Oni

The Unlife
What Is the Unlife?
The Unlife, also known as Lënget in the language of the Skator Hai, is an advanced art of Force Magic utilizing the esoteric depths of the Dark Side, and as such is exclusively used by practitioners of the Dark Side. While the history of this art and its many applications is muddled in confusion and lack of concrete evidence, examples of its usage are available. The most famous of these examples - although the claim of connection is arguable - would likely be Darth Zannah's duel against her master, Darth Bane, when she summoned pure manifestations of the Dark Side in the form of misty tendrils. As can be expected from this example and others, the Unlife is an almost entirely offensive practice, focusing on the utter annihilation of its victims and consuming their essences in seconds. However, there are some defensive variations for those skilled enough in the art, as well as some other forms of support.

For most of its offensive applications, the Unlife requires both hands and an intensive, unbroken concentration of the practitioner for a variety of reasons. Paramount among them is the practitioner's resistance to the destructive and chaotic pull of its power. For the uninitiated and arrogant, this art can easily be as fatal to them as it is to the targets, much like that of Darth Sidious' infamous Force Storm. Adding to the overall danger of using this art is that the intensity and lethality of the Unlife's most damaging abilities are not dependent on who is practicing them. They are all at a set level of danger, and only the user's own willpower stands as the barrier between them and the fate they are inflicting.

The danger of using this art - or more accurately even studying it - is because at the very center of each variation lies a hungry beast. The very soul of the Dark Side. Ravenous gluttony that desires nothing more than to destroy all it is born witness to. Indeed, if the practitioner does not have the strength to resist faltering under the immortal and alien gaze of the power they are meddling in, they too will fall into the void. Such is its threat of the art that entire starships can be consumed if caught in the darkness conjured by the practitioner.

The Powers of Unlife
  • Twilight: The most commonly used power of the Unlife, Twilight sees the practitioner summon forth a blanket of pitch blackness that envelopes its victims entirely and reducing them into puddles of sludge and departing mist. Those that manage to survive the attack are usually brutally disfigured and burned, marked by the horrors they were subjected to. While it is the most common power, it is often seen as one of the vilest due to the gruesome fate the victims suffer.
  • Vacuity: Pure darkness conjured in the form of Force Lightning, Vacuity is the second rarest power of the Unlife that chars its victims to ash and cinders in nanoseconds. Uniquely negative, the feedback loop seen with its template power is almost doubled, capable of being cast back on its wielder by skilled defenders. Additionally, unlike its template power, Vacuity does not give off the sound of lightning and instead resembles that roar of thunder and the hissing of a snake.
    • Vacuity Spear: An advanced form of Vacuity, this power sees the user charge and shape the dark lightning into a spear in order for more precise and longer-ranged attacks, combining it with a surge of Telekinesis. Capable of downing a TIE Fighter, Vacuity Spear is the preferred power for those less inclined to melee combat and more accustomed to range.
    • Vacuity Edge: The caster manipulated the dark lightning into a coating around their melee weapon - including lightsabers. This gives the weapons their pre-existing powers with the effects of Vacuity, thereby increasing their lethality exponentially. Naturally, this has the chance of backfiring on the user as the dark lightning can just as easily spark out of control as it can remain on the weapon.
  • Dark Bomb: A dangerous power that coagulates manifested darkness into a singular orb of variable size sends it into a targeted area like a bomb. Upon connecting with the target, the orb bursts and coats everything within the radius in a corrosive void, melting everything from metal to bone.
  • Black Hole: The rarest, most dangerous, and most advanced power of the Unlife, the practitioner - as the name states - creates a miniature black hole out of the Dark Side. This manifestation of utter sin pulls in its victims into a singular point before exploding into a great kinetic blast. The resulting blast can be so catastrophic that entire continents can be destroyed in seconds from the shockwaves. Nigh-uncontrollable, this power was regarded as a last resort in an unwinnable battle on every other conceivable scale and only if the planet the battle was fought upon was not regarded as essential.
    • Collapse: A sadistic variation of Black Hole, this power sees the practitioner summon a modified and weaker version of the parent ability inside the victim, causing them to essentially implode into nothingness. It is often used as an execution method and does not feature the same destructive capabilities of the more advanced power.
  • Shadow Domination: Often utilized by those of a more stealthy temperament, this power sees the practitioner grasp the very shadows of their victims in order to torture and kill even when the victim's actual self is not visible. It is often voted as the safest power to utilize, being the only one that requires only a single hand, semi-intensive concentration, and the only one that will not inherently attempt to kill its caster.
  • Force Dissection: Unlike the Jedi's Sever Force ability, which blocks/suppresses the victim's connection to the Force, Force Dissection sees the practitioner completely remove said connection entirely and often fatally. By forsaking their sight in the physical realm, the practitioners are granted a vision into the weaves of the Force entirely and can cut out the power of their victims by utilizing the imperceptible fingers of the void. Victims who survive describe it as being exsanguinated under a hot desert sun without water.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom