Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vote of No confidence

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
[current vote]

2 abstain
3 aye
2 nay

[I encourage ignoring the mention of the axis as I am fairly certain no one else would or should know about that at this time.]

@[member="Philip J. Halen"] @Yusan Fenn

Senator Beswin shook her head and glanced at the politicians who were willing to shift the subject matter. "This meeting's purpose is to solely decide on impeachment, nothing else. Although what you're saying about the Jedi is something that must be discussed in the Senate, I suggest that you hold off on it until another meeting." she said.

(making another thread for discussing that would be a better idea)

A slight cough could be heard from one of Kiyala's representatives as she opened her mic. Kiyala briefly eyed the young woman who visibly stiffened in embarrassment. She wore an amulet that made her appear like a normal person to any force user that may still inhabit the Senate. She stood up awaiting attention to fall to her as she respectful had her aide signal her turn on the floor.

"On behalf of the Alderianian Government I vote nay to the vote of No Confidence in reference to our interim Chancellor @[member="Philip J. Halen"]. Any of you that would vote to impeach a man who put the value of lives over a petty ship is foolish and exposes that brashness that has also befallen the Senate."

She paused for a moment as her aide loaded more files into her datapad. She privately conferred with her for a second before opening her microphone once more.

"The Interim Chancellor may have made the mistake of not conferring with us; but can you honestly tell me that you all are ready to go to war with the galaxy? What more could be asked from a man who clearly shows he is willing to lay down his own pride for the Senate, when it's obvious most among us can't even do that to calmly and rationally talk things out."

On Kiyala's datapad lied a speech that would last for quite some time if needed be.

"My vote will make it a dead lock and in an effort to persuade any who may have nagging doubts on the yay side. I am issuing a formal filibuster before the Senate and will begin shortly. Many of these people had things to do and their own planets to get back to and a filibuster would be bad for their business.

Yusan sighed and stood, knowing it would accomplish nothing to just let her ramble on. "In the interest of progress, i retract my Aye and abstain Eshan's vote. As such there is no need Senator Demont to do such." He remained standing and looked over at the Alderaanian senator, shaking his head as she stated the last part of her address to the senate. "Further more, with my Abstain to the vote, at the current moment the vote is no longer tied so there is no need for you to continue Senator."

@[member="Kiyala Demont"] @[member="Philip J. Halen"]

@Kiyala Demont @Philip J. Halen @[member="Kiyala Demont"]

Some senators were quite pathetic. A mere threat of a filibuster had made the senator that had just previously been so passionately against the interim chancellor chang his mind.

"You have convinced me, Senator Demont...." began the Senator of Kuat. "...to change my vote from abstaining to voting for the removal of our current interim chancellor. I invite you to begin your formal filibuster now." she said.

Yusan sighed at Senator Beswin's encouragement of the Filibustering, there was progress to be made and this was going to accomplish nothing. Useless rambling, he sighed and glanced to the left at his datapad. He picked it up and started working on a new design, if he was going to have to sit through the useless rambling of a Senator Filibustering, he would make sure that he had something productive to work on while he did. Though, he made a mental not never to get into a conversation with Senator Demont if long winded useless speeches was her only attempt at politics. @Alena Beswin @[member="Kiyala Demont"] @[member="Philip J. Halen"]

And without much more flashy words, Kiyala began her speech that mostly consisted on facts being explained down to the point that one would think that she was speaking to three year olds. Truthfully, she never expected to win purely through filibustering but conflict brought results as she hated neturality that @[member="Alena Beswin "]once stood for on the vote. She would surely attempt to endure Kiyala's gift for rambling and over explanations, she even brought diagrams through holo-feeds. But that was only for the first couple of hours and Kiyala came prepared with information on @[member="Philip J. Halen"] exposing all of his good deeds during his political career.

She even gave his back story that was a sure tear-jerker. She was sure could continue to speak on Philip J. Halen, but to keep it fresh she began to speak on scandals and examples of greed that other Senators who opposed the vote held. Some were cleaner than others but in the dirty game of politics nobody kept a clean face. And so the rambling continued for even more hours.. . . .

@[member="Yusan Fenn"] @[member="Kiyala Demont"]

Without much further conversation, the filibuster began. Alena made use of her time by taking care of some office work that had to be finished. It was amazing to see that the interim chancellor was unwilling to end the filibuster by just stepping down when so much of people's time could be spent on something more valuable. Even with the boring speech, Alena was able to focus on her work, and got quite an amount done efficiently within a few hours. She waited, and decided to see how much more exactly the senator of Alderaan would speak.

Keela Nui

K
During all of @Kiyala Demont 's speech, Nui was pondering her vote. She'd barley kept track of most of the arguments and debating that went on, all the time thinking where she would stand. Abstaining was out of the question for her. Her father always told her how abstention was similar to asking for a finely prepared meal then asking it taken away before you've even tried it. Nothing but a spoil and waste. But what to do? Facts both against and in defense of the Chancellor were valid. This was probably the worst part of not making a vote sooner: eventually it might come down to your own vote that turns the tide. There'd come a moment where she stood to speak but, after a moment of silence, sat back down and thought more.

@Yusan Fenn @Alena Beswin @Philip J. Halen

Outside the Senate sat the various reporters and paparazzi under the employ of the Nova News Network spoke about how lazy the senate was in the plight of the galaxy that the Republic was facing. Their humble citizens were not allowed in the chambers to even view what could very well decide their own fate and it would surely cause any uproar with it's people.

An female reporter would be brought into vision for those watching on the holo-net. She appeared concerned and with a certain curiousness that would tell that she was made for her job.

"This is Michelle Takanoya reporting your daily news in the galaxy. Here we are outside of the Senate as they seemingly careless sit and talk our problems out. This wouldn't be the first time our leaders have begun to fail us because of the corrupt infrastructure that has plagued our great republic. All we can do is wait and see what our 'great' leaders of the republic sit and discuss us over wine."

While the reporters and other wanna be new reporters sat dedicated to getting information on the inside of the Senate halls much of the same stuff was still going on. For what would now seem like an impossibly long time Kiyala kept speaking now boasting @[member="Yusan Fenn"] and his accomplishments in gaining a spot on the Senate.

@Yusan Fenn @Alena Beswin @Philip J. Halen

Hanna sighed she had been going over data since the others spoke. " You call me power hungry and in bed with Omega. We seem to all have something to say about each other. I was wrong, after examining the facts. I realize just how precarious of a position we are in. There seems to be no end to the insults thrown at each other. Lets face the facts. The Republic has no friends. We might be at peace but that is a very loose term. The republic we all love and know is in trouble plain and simple. We are in a dangerous position. So The truth is with the next election to replace Chancellor Aledis, we will be replacing the Vice Chancellor as well. Lets instead of wasting more time, end this vote. We can all vote nay or aye, till the bantha come home but we need to fix ourselves. So who is with me to doing something. First I propose that we begin fixing our standing with anyone that will have us. We need friends. So I propose that we have our election for the new leadership and begin talks about the serious issues like how the Jedi have seemed to almost get us in a war. A war over some petty artifacts. I know you did this for velok, the man that apparently caused all of that harm. So I propose we do a couple things here. One we admit that we took actions against a terrorist and will not apologize for taking him out. We apologize however for and continue to make reparations with all we made damages made against those not involved with said terrorist. . This is possibly the worst screw up in our history. We took out a terrorist but at what cost. But we let the galaxy know this is a one time thing. We should not do it again. So Let us forget the vote, Let us instead vote for new leadership. So shall we have ourselves a new election?"

@[member="Kiyala Demont"]

Yusan looked up as he heard his named, then immediately and went back to his datapad, opening a small 3D project and working on it until Hanna spoke up about an election. At this moment Yusan stood up and spoke out immediately, hid datapad dropping to the for. "Miss Vondiranach, the point that you are pushing for an election right here and right now is not the time. While i agree the Filibustering had to end, my apologies Senator Demont, and for this useless vote over the confidence held in the Interrim Chancellor. It was not needed for you to promote an Election here and now so soon after the departure of our Former Supreme Chancellor. I call for a few days to allow all those here today to review what has been conversed and then raise the question of a new election." With that he remained standing, his tone calm and controlled as he starred at Hanna Vondiranach

"Now is not the time, Miss @[member="Hanna Vondiranach"]. As you might've noticed, Senator @[member="Kiyala Demont"] is in the middle of her very important speech right now." said the Kuati senator, before returning to her work.

Standing just at the threshold of the Senator pod's dock, Daella somberly looked out into the massive rotunda. Assigned to protect @[member="Yusan Fenn"], Daella offered no words to the Echani - at least for now. She simply listened to the filibusters that flooded the air in regards to a situation she had personally been involved in.

Yusan looked over his shoulder at the jedi, posing a question for her. "What do you think about this Miss Apparine, any of it striking your curiosity?" He worked on his datapad while he sat in one of the chairs that resided in the Eshan Diplomatic pod. He was an oddity compared to the other senators, a man with no aid of any kind or someone to pilot the pod when he had to move it. He did wave his hand to one of the two other open chairs in the pod while he let the others talk and bicker. "I know it sounds contradictory to my whole remove jedi from the political scene stance, but i will assure you, what you say will sway me in no way."

@[member="Daella Apparine"]

As soon as @[member="Yusan Fenn"] spoke to Daella, she turned her head to the Senator. After he posed his question, she turned back out toward the rotunda for several silent seconds.

After several moments, Daella once again looked back at Yusan.

No, sir,” tersely commented Daella, “There is no order in this.

"Senator . . . it is my understanding that when one has the floor they are to remain with the floor until their business is finished. You have shown the Alderianian people and the Senate itself a great disrespect by interrupting my formal law instated appeal. I have sat here and politely listened to the spill of what was so important to disregard the common respect of myself and the Senate only to here more political posturing and bare witness to your literal hunger for power." She paused for a moment to look the blond Senator in the eye.

"I agree with Senator @[member="Yusan Fenn"] that now is not the time or the place to hold these elections. Furthermore, I look forward to speaking with the a few esteemed colleagues on their thoughts prior to said date." It was then that Kiyala noticed that the Echani Senator held a presumably a jedi bodyguard. Those in the Senator held a private comm-line which Kiyala signaled that she would like to speak to Yusan Fenn directly after this meeting.

Perhaps finally, the filibuster was over now. "Madam Demont, are you finished with your speech? And as of now, does the Galactic Republic still have a chancellor?" asked Senator Beswin, looking up from her holopad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom