Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Venture-class Mining Barge

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault_2.gif

eve_mining_orca-768x432.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create stock Mining Barge for potential clients.
  • Image Source: x
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Give Me Resources: With twenty mining lasers and twelve refining stations, the Venture can eat away at planetoids and other resource-rich locations, quickly extracting the desired substance and refining it to the process material, able to arrive in port with the refined metal or processed gasses ready to be put on the market.
  • Barb-Wire Barge: Very aware of the many challenges that face mining fleets, such as junkers, pirates, or competing corporations wishing to get a good sight, the Venture features a wide range of defensive measures to protect it from potential enemy ships. A point-defense system of two missile launchers can protect the ship from smaller craft such as fighters and gunships, while the Eir defensive system, RAAM-M3 Tactical Ordnance Jammer, AR-0B Damage Reduction Component, and Stygian-Triprismatic Polymer Coating all either work to reduce the damage done to the ship or to scramble enemy sensors.
WEAKNESSES
  • Mining, Not Fighting: The Venture-class Mining Barge is intended only for mining and extraction of materials, and its defensive measures are set in place to protect the ship from junkers or pirates. As such, the mining barge is not a warship and thus cannot be used as such.
DESCRIPTION
Designed to be the frontrunner for Roble Manufacturing's mining line, the Venture-class Mining Barge is intended to be the backbone of every self-respecting mining fleet. It's keystone features are its mining tools, chiefly the RMM-OEM3 Rorqual Heavy Mining Laser and the RMM-ORS9 Orca Refining Stations, with each barge containing twenty of the former and twelve of the latter. As a mining barge, the Rorqual heavy mining laser allows for the Venture to quickly strip planetoids of its resources, whether it be raw ore, gasses or valuable liquids. The Orca Refining Station then allows for those resources to be processed and refined into the final product, ready to be dropped off at port and sold on the market.

Knowing that mining fleets are favorites for pirate gangs and junkers to prey on, the Venture-class has an extremely sophisticated array of defenses; two Armato ventral missile cannons that provide defense against small ships and starfighters, and the Eir defensive system to protect the Venture from attacks. However, the barge is not a ship designed for combat, with no offensive armaments, and thus corporations who want to defend their fleets must invest in more combative ships to fill that role. However, the Venture-class mining barge is an all-around efficient, powerful and cost-effective mining barge that will make a valuable addition to any fleet.

Last edited:

Fiolette Fortan

F
Alban Roble Alban Roble

I would like to suggest the wording of your weakness to reflect the armament rating, however, that is up to you. You are also over on your points by two, you can adjust this if you like to bring the ship more into balance. Let me know when you've made changes, if any or if you're fine as is.

Alban Roble Alban Roble | Fiolette Raaf

I see the ship uses Bandorium in its construction as an anti sensor coating, however, this seems to be very close to a stealth system which according to factory rules can only exist on a ship of semi-unique and up. I have quoted the specific rule below.

Particularly rare or powerful special features may necessitate using a lower level of production (cloaking technology, personal cloaking devices, gemcutters, crystal grav traps, moon dust, equivalent stealth or anti stealth technologies), or rare canon technologies (Hyperwave Inertial Momentum Sustainers, etc) and their equivalents will only be permitted at Semi-Unique production.

I'd recommend removing the anti sensor system since it seems to be beyond what a normal mining barge might require.

John Locke John Locke

While the Bandorium is certainly a stealth technology, in my mind it is not a technology that is on par with cloaking devices which is what the Factory rules specify as being held to semi-unique submissions of higher. From the research I gathered on the material, Bandorium essentially a counter-sensor metal, not a cloaking device. I added it as an anti-pirate measure that is definitely represented by the ship's 'extreme' defensive rating. If you still feel like the Bandorium breaks factory rules, let me know and I'll be happy to take it off.

Alban Roble Alban Roble

While I do understand where you're coming from, the factory rules don't just apply to cloaking devices but also equivalent stealth technologies. However the wookie article itself states that 'Many people believed that it was a key part of cloaking devices.'

As such, I'd class it as stealth technology. In its place I would recommend using reflec which is commonly seen as having some sensor confusing abilities, but not on the same level as a cloaking device. However, any technology such as this should be included in the special features and the strengths of the submission.

John Locke John Locke

Bandorium Coating switched out with Stygian-Triprismatic Polymer, which is described to be pretty similar to your suggestion of Reflec (I just like the name better). Added to special features, and the strengths have been changed to reflect the defensive nature of the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom