Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Vendetta on Umbara

Karkosuchus

K

The Shadow World of Umbara was once host to a battle between The Eternal Alliance and the Order of Zildrog over a shipment of Adegan Crystals during the Era of the Old Republic. And once again would become embroiled in conflict when the Grand Army of the Republic and the Umbaran Military battled each other for control over the world during the Era of the Clone Wars which was ended by the Rise of the Galactic Empire which rose to take over the galaxy in the name of order. The dark planet held many monsters and creatures that stalked the landscape while those living on the surface were blissfully unaware.

It was on this world that a vendetta would be completed; for the Anointed Mercenary and Bounty Hunter known as Karkosuchus had fled here after his defeat by the hands of the Donna of the Family, Ivory Shroud and the Jedi Battlemaster Valery Noble. Wanting vengeance against both of his prey that had escaped but knowing that going after the Donna was a more risky endeavour due to her private military force. This left only one option being the Jedi Battlemaster Valery Noble and he figured out the perfect way to bring her here.

He send an open message to the New Jedi Order and more specifically their council.

"Attention; Jedi Councilors. Your pathetic excuse for Younglings have fallen into my clutches. If you wish for them to not to be killed. I demand 5,000 pounds of spice in exchange for their lives. If you do not deliver in the next hour then they will no longer be amongst the living."

Te message said towards them; showcasing the Six Younglings that he had kidnapped from across the galaxy. Their hands within force binders and some of them pleading for help. Karkosuchus smiled as he cracked his whip towards them; the static electricity zapped across their flesh in a low but high enough intensity to cause them pain. The message included a location being an abandoned Hover Train Station on the world and the exact coordinates.

Karkosuchus moved away from the holo-communication device that he used to convey his message. The Train Station was located directly north of the Capital City and was mostly abandoned due to easier access tunnels. He had taken the youngling hostages on an awaiting hover train that was currently stationed there.

The Train itself was well protected with groups of
Pyke Syndicate Troopers and Weequay Pirates armed with Blaster Rifles and Vibro Knifes to provide protection and defend the hostages from being rescued. He expected the Jedi Battlemaster to come alone but the possibility of reinforcements from other jedi made him consider acquiring additional protection with Two Toborro War Droid Mark I droids which would serve as his bodyguards within the train control room.

All that was left was to await the arrival of his spice shipment and the chance to eliminate the Jedi Master who had humiliated him on Denon all those months ago.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Last edited by a moderator:

"Attention; Jedi Councilors. Your pathetic excuse for Younglings have fallen into my clutches. If you wish for them not to be killed. I demand 5,000 pounds of spice in exchange for their lives. If you do not deliver in the next hour then they will no longer be amongst the living."

Valery listened to the transmission alone within the Council Chambers and felt the muscles in her body tense. Her hands curled into fists at the sight of the large lizard cracking his whip at the younglings, and she instantly felt this was about more than getting a shipment of spice. After what happened on Denon, it was only logical to assume that he held a grudge against her — this was personal to him.

A sigh escaped her lips and without any discussion, she took this assignment on herself and readied everything to travel to Umbara. Of course, she had no real intentions of giving a terrorist what he demanded, but she couldn't show up with other Jedi or a big military force either. So to keep him in the dark on that, she had ordered a small Task Force to wait in hiding a few systems away. They could jump in at any second to assist, but for the most part, she came alone.

From up above, the Jedi's shuttle slowly made its descent to Umbara's surface, close to the train station but at a distance where they couldn't just shoot her down if all of this was meant to be a trap for her. She stepped out, adjusted her belt, and without any sign of spice or items outside her personal gear on her, she began to walk up towards the abandoned train station. Valery always had a powerful aura about her, as well as unshakeable confidence in the way she walked. But today, something seemed or felt different about the Jedi Master — there was a higher intensity in her fiery eyes.

"Alright, I'm here," Valery called out, her eyes searching for the Lizard or his followers. "Before you get anything, I want to see the younglings."

Karkosuchus

K

Karkosuchus watched through the train bridge screens as they magnified towards the jedi shuttle descending down onto the surface of Umbara. His clawed fingers scratched the armrest of his brown chair in a bored fashion waiting for the jedi battlemaster to make a big statement. It was easy to get into a jedi's head because they will also come and save innocent lives while ignoring the risk to their own. They certainly didn't have the stomach for bounty hunting business as he rarely brought back captives alive.

He checked the monitors as the cameras hidden at the train station entrance picked up the jedi battlemaster without anything within her hands. So they had failed to deliver the spice has he had requested within his demanding message; not a problem as that was simply a tactic to draw them here out in the open to be eliminated. But karkosuchus wouldn't let them know that just yet. Several Pyke Syndicate Troopers walked down from the train platform to meet with the jedi battlemaster.

His clawed finger touched the monitor in front of himself. As a screen emerged from the side of the hover train itself portraying himself live towards her. Behind him was the six younglings huddled together within a small cage barely large enough for a womp rat. He wanted her to get angry because then she would make a mistake which would allow him to capitalize upon it. His large form resting upon his chair as he spoke towards her.

"Here they are, Mrs. Noble. Alive and well."

He turned the chair around and pointed directly at them within the small cage. His two war droids were hidden from view behind the monitor to surprise her when she made a mad dash towards the train's bridge to rescue them he figured.

"Now that you have seen them, where is the spice I requested? You best not be wasting my time because that hour is slowly ticking down and down and these younglings look awfully appetizing to me"

He posed the hypothetical question with a roaring laugh although already knowing the answer that she likely didn't bring anything with her. Unfortunate for her as the more time she wasted the more the younglings would suffer. A single press of a button within his hand as the cage rattled with electricity as the younglings cried out in pain.

When the Pyke soldiers approached her, Valery stopped and turned her eyes to the monitor that shifted out from the side of the train. The familiar Lizard appeared moments later, and behind him, she could see the six younglings in a cage. Their fear ran rampant in the Force and while she felt that almost motherly urge within her desiring to free them, she remained calm and composed.

"Here they are, Mrs. Noble. Alive and well."

"Have any of them sustained injuries?" Valery asked. She could see they were alive, but she wasn't going to take his word for their health situations, and their safety was currently her priority.

"Now that you have seen them, where is the spice I requested? You best not be wasting my time because that hour is slowly ticking down and down and these younglings look awfully appetizing to me"

Valery nodded, "As I'm sure you know, spice isn't exactly something the Alliance trades regularly, so bringing together such a shipment within an hour is an unreasonable request. I have, however, requested it from higher authorities, so please remain patient," she said without a sign of emotion in her expression or tone.

"But I also have to make sure you're not wasting our time and resources, as I'm sure you can understand," she continued while her gaze remained locked on his, "Which is why I'd like to request three of the younglings to be set free already, prioritizing those who are injured and need medical help. If anything happens to them, there will be no deal. But if you can show us that you're actually willing to go through with this trade, I'm sure your shipment of spice can reach you faster."

Karkosuchus

K

The Jedi Battlemaster's compassion would be her downfall one of these days. Of course the younglings had not sustained any physical injury although mentally they would fall to the dark side quite quickly if given the chance. Karkosuchus thought over the answer for just a brief moment but refused to respond until she spoke again using the excuse that spice wasn't something that the Galactic Alliance traded in regularly and that his demands were outrageous due to the small time frame. She was a Jedi Battlemaster and Councilor in the New Jedi Order according to the file that he managed to dig up thanks to operatives within the Hutt Space Consortium. She no doubt had a high enough clearance to request anything so a simple shipment of spice wasn't that hard to give.

"Physically they have not been harmed; however I can't say for their mental state to still be intact. Can you imagine an entire generation of jedi hating you and wanting nothing more to kill you for not coming sooner to rescue them. I'm certain that the order will not place blame on you if they turned to the dark side of the force."

He explained their current state in regards to her questions in a sarcastic tone. Getting up from his chair and moving it aside out of camera view; taking a remote within his hand with a simple click as the floors opened up nearby to reveal an entire shipment of spice. He had gotten this shipment prior to coming here from a contact within Roble Engineering in the event that she didn't show up with his order per request and tried to stall.

"Oh; looky me. It seems that I already have what I want. Which means our arrangement is off and the younglings are mine to keep. The Brotherhood of the Maw are waiting for me at my next destination. Six New Mawite Sith for the pile and a boat-load of credits for me."

He said; circling the shipment of spice within the train bridge. Glitterstim was potent stuff and selling it on the market was profitable for him since the bounty hunting profession was growing slim due to increased regulations and better security. Many promising bounty hunters died due to this and the guild was looking a bit empty with veterans like himself still left to collect the scumbags of the universe for currency.

"Kill her!"

He shouted to the Several Pyke Syndicate Troopers on the train station platform. The Hover Train began to slowly move out of the station as the hover rings activated. A hail of red blasters bolts soon followed as they followed his command and opened fire with their standard blaster rifle. He returned to his command chair within the train bridge; looking through the security cameras and smoking his brand cigars within his crocodilian mouth.

He didn't expect for them to kill her or injury her. Keeping her attention away from boarding the train was more important at this time. The end of the train was soon coming and the last chance for her to board to help the younglings before they were handed over to the mawite tribes.

Karkosuchus was ready for a final battle.

The trap sprung.

The whole situation had felt off since the beginning, so Valery seemed hardly surprised that he had no real intentions to trade the younglings back to her. But that wasn't going to stop her from trying everything she could. Within an instant, she had drawn the hilt of her double-bladed weapon into her hand, and two violet blades of hot plasma ignited to show that she was ready to defend herself.

From all around the platform, Pyke soldiers appeared and opened fire, but their target was a Jedi very capable of dealing with it. The two blades spun around and in a single sweep, she deflected a volley of red bolts back to the source. Some were hit, and others were able to avoid getting taken down by moving into cover. But they were under heavy pressure from their own attacks, and soon, the Jedi Master herself.

However, while Valery made it appear that she was coming for them, it was just a way to force them into cover or hiding, allowing her to channel the Force for an explosive jump. The end of the train was coming up and mere seconds before it would pass by and be gone forever, Valery managed to land on top and leave behind a handful of the soldiers on the station. She wasn't here for them, and there was no way they'd be the problem.

"Not getting rid of me this easily..." she muttered before she began to quickly move along the length of the train, hoping to find a hatch or some kind of entry point.

Karkosuchus

K

Karkosuchus watched through the bridge security cameras that Valery Noble Valery Noble had managed to get on the train before it took off from the station. The train zoomed by the landscape as the jedi battlemaster ran across the train looking for some kind of entrance point. He grabbed the soup can on the control monitor and yelled into it towards the back of the train.

"It appears we have an unwanted guest on top of the train. Kill her."

The command was issued by him; as Several Weequay Pirates climbed on top of the train from the to put an end to the jedi battlemaster. Rushing forward with their vibro knifes drawn. Although they didn't exactly have military training so they would be defeated quite easily. Although they did come from a hatch on the fourth car which was now open to the jedi battlemaster herself.

Within the Third Car; the Pyke Syndicate Troopers put up barricades to halt her advance. Aiming their blaster rifles at the door into the fourth car. Although their numbers were only around 10 but they were spread out enough to prevent her from just force pushing them all and rushing past. Unforutnally the Hover-Train only had about 6 cars in total meaning that the jedi battlemaster would reach the bridge soon. The Reptile got up from his brown command chair; flicking a switch on a wall which opened up his equipment storage.

Inserting his five weapons into the custom five weapon holster; grabbing his two bandoliers and setting them on top of his shielded heavy battle armor. A single click of his equipment belt with his hammer on the right side snapped into place. Checking that everything was within working order.

Karkosuchus walked towards the exit of the sixth car; into the vast emptiness of the Second Car. He would stop her form reaching the younglings personally. He was confident in his abilities to dispose of the jedi battlemaster or at least slow her down enough until they reached the mawite forces nearby to collect the six younglings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Having jumped on the train, Valery knew her path was forward but she needed to find a hatch as quickly as possible. It was far too risky to fight up here, and soon the first sign of trouble already revealed itself — a pair of weequay pirates approached with Vibro-knives and she could feel their intent. Everybody on board the train was aware of her presence, and they weren't going to stop before she was dead.

Valery, however, wasn't going to waste her time fighting these two pirates, and raised her left hand while she held the double-bladed weapon in the other. Instantly, the two pirates froze and were lifted off their feet, unable to move their muscles even an inch. A flick of her hand followed, and both were slammed against the roof of the train, leaving them unconscious but still alive. Her fiery eyes then turned to the hatch, and with her weapon drawn ready, she jumped down.

The cart up ahead was filled with livings beings, all ready and willing to kill — it was a dark feeling in the Force she could never mistake for anything else, and so she went in prepared. Entering the cart, Valery was met with a wave of blaster fire but with two blades quickly spinning and twirling into defensive patterns, she was reflecting a lot of it back at them. But in between her sequences, a fist came up again to instantly shatter the windows around them, causing the sharp glass and sudden rush of wind entering the cabin to strike them all.

While it didn't take all of them out, there was a noticeable lack of accuracy and intensity in their fire, which she exploited. With Force-augmented speed, she dashed through and took down the guarding pirates.

"It's not too late to return them!" Valery then called out as she stopped moving, now only one cart away from the big Lizard himself. She wasn't sure if he could hear her, but she was going to get those younglings back, one way or another.

Last edited:

Karkosuchus

K

"Its too late for them; Mrs.Noble"

He said in a bellow back to Valery Noble Valery Noble within the third car of the train. Pressing a button on his comlink to his two Toborro War Droid Mark I droids on the bridge. It was time to lose some baggage on board as one of the droids pulled down a lever with their cannon arm that uncuffed the third car from the rest of the train with a series of clicks as the magnetic lock came loose. The Jedi Battlemaster would have no choice but to jump into the second car now and face him on the field of battle.

Within his right hand; came the
Stouker Concussion Rifle holding it with a relaxed posture but ready to fire at any moment and within his left hand came his personal power hammer called The Swamp Vanquisher. He slid his foot into a defensive posture with his tail lower to the floor to keep himself balanced should the jedi battlemaster move to force push him into the wall behind him. He activated the shockwave generator on the hammer as it came to life with a soft buzz.

Karkosuchus's eyes wandered for just a brief moment of self doubt. He was going against a powerful jedi battlemaster who had survived countless battlefields all across the galaxy. However he sealed his resolve in the face of adversity and understood that he was a professional bounty hunter and mercenary; feared across the galaxy as a cannibalistic killer.

The game had been set; now all that was left was for the players to play.

Moments after she heard the lizard's words, a mechanical sound echoed through the cabin, followed by the feeling of no longer being pulled along by the train. It was easy enough to understand what was happening, but she couldn't allow herself to fall behind now. Various plans quickly ran through her mind, but deciding that a head-on charge into the next cabin would be too dangerous, she decided on a plan that would make her a lot less predictable.

With her weapon drawn, she looked up at the ceiling of her cabin and jumped up while she twirled the blades around, cutting herself through so she ended up on the roof of the train again. From there, she charged and jumped across the gap to reach the top of the cabin that held the big Lizard.

But after the bang of her feet landing on the cabin top, there was suddenly no sound at all anymore. No footsteps, no sign of her moving above him. She had wrapped the Force around herself to cloak herself not only against the eye but from sound as well, leaving her impossible to detect while she stood on top. For several seconds, she just remained there, hoping to increase the uncertainty about her whereabouts in the Lizard's mind.

Finally, though, she abruptly ceased her cloak and phased through the roof at the same time, allowing her to end up behind him without having to cut her way through and alert him. The second she entered the cabin, her hand extended to him and a powerful blast of telekinetic energy was sent his way, meant to lift him off his feet and send him flying against the cabin. Her two violet blades then ignited, and she was ready to finish this.

Karkosuchus

K

Karkosuchus saw nothing had happened when the car that the Jedi Battlemaster was detached. He expected her to rush inside the cabin and attempt to slice right through him with her lightsabers. His snout smelled the air for a faint trace of Valery Noble Valery Noble but it was muddled by all the smells on the planet as the train rushed through the hover rings. He got his answer when he was violently pushed by powerful telekinesis which sent him forward. Swinging his tail downwards as the spikes upon it dug into the floor of the car. Slowing his momentum enough to regain his footing away from Valery Noble.

He turned around; activating his Echani Shield around his armored form to provide him protection from energy damage. The blue shielding outlined his form from his head to his tail. He aimed his Stouker Concussion Rifle in the general direction of the jedi battlemaster. Firing several concussion blasts towards her which couldn't be blocked by a lightsaber. He counted on those blasts to disorient the jedi battlemaster enough for him to get in close. Checking his ammunition for a quick second; his stocks were low and he holstered the weapon to conserve the amo within.

Taking his massive power hammer known as the Swamp Vanquisher into both hands. He moved forward in a charging motion to engage the jedi battlemaster in malee combat. Counting on his brute power and size to win over the agility and speed of the jedi battlemaster.

The primary reason Valery had phased her way into the cabin wasn't to surprise the Lizard and take away the advantage he had waiting for her. It was to get behind him and thus essentially position herself between him and the bridge where the younglings were still held captive. She couldn't reach them yet, not with Karkosuchus still ready to swing, but at least he couldn't get to them without going through her either.

After the telekinetic blast had knocked him back, the Lizard was quick to turn around and applied a shield to himself, before he pulled out a weapon a little less commonly used. With Force-augmented movements, Valery evaded the first round but the explosive force still knocked her back a few steps, which made her realize she couldn't as easily defend herself against it. So rather than trying to block or dodge, she extended a hand and projected a Force Barrier to block the remaining shots that followed.

The impact was still heavy, and it drained some energy, but it prevented her from getting thrown around completely.

Karkosuchus then holstered the weapon again, and instead reached for a huge hammer of some kind. It brought a faint smirk to Valery's face, who quickly moved to the side of the cabin. In a relatively tight space, using such a large melee weapon wasn't easy, so she made sure he had no room to throw wide horizontal attacks. Not without tearing apart the whole canopy, anyway.

"Last chance, you can still return them. They're just kids," Valery said while she kept her weapon drawn and her positioning steady. "If it's me you want, it can be without hurting them."

Karkosuchus

K

"The ends justifiy the means; as they say." Karkosuchus said in responce to her last plea; the jedi were too emotional for there own good.

Karkosuchus halted his forward charge to change his strategy. The jedi battlemaster had managed to stave off his concussion blasts and watched her move to the side of the cabin. He would have to do something a little less commonly used; swinging his hammer into the side of the train as its shockwave and repulsor generators blasted a hole big enough for him to run through. Kicking some of the rubble that landed inside towards the jedi battlemaster while he leapt from the train hole and snagged his tail in a quick enough motion given his immense size on the side of the car with its jagged spikes. Managing to turn himself around enough to climb on top of the train towards the bridge.

Running along the top of the train with his thunderous steps; he opened up the roof hatch on top of the bridge and landed down inside the engine car. Smashing open the control panel as the repulsor train blasted at full power through the repulsor loops. His Two Toborro War Droid Mark I joined him by his side as the younglings were moved dangerously close to the front of the train. In the event that the train crashed they would be killed instantly. His mighty power hammer within his hand in the larger engine room better allowed him to defend and counter without worrying about blowing another hole.

The final showdown between the Fearsome Bounty Hunter and Jedi Battlemaster was just beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom