Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vehicle Submission Modifications

Submission Name: AA-S
Link to Submission: AA-S
Summary of Modification:
Affiliation Changed
Manufacturer Changed
Reason for Modification:
Sasori Recovered Designs
Modification:
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Sasori Research
Model: AT-AT Swimmer MK II Prototype
Affiliation: Order of the Silver Jedi

Submission Name: AA-Gunboat
Link to Submission: AA Gunboat
Summary of Modification:
Affiliation Changed
Manufacturer Changed
Reason for Modification:
Sasori Recovered Designs
Modification:

Development Thread:
Model: AA Gunboat

Submission Name: AA Speeder
Link to Submission: AA Speeder
Summary of Modification:
Affiliation Changed
Manufacturer Changed
Reason for Modification:
Sasori Recovered Designs
Modification:
Development Thread:
Model: Amphibious Speeder Prototype

Submission Name: OS-ATT
Link to Submission: OS-ATT
Summary of Modification:
Affiliation Changed
Manufacturer Changed
Reason for Modification:
Sasori Recovered Designs
Modification:
Development Thread:
Model: Heavy Trooper Transport

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
Submission Name: Zamboni minesweeping main battle tank
Link to Submission: [X]
Summary of Modification: Increase of maximum speed, change in squadron size from 6 to 12, removal of rear hopper option, addition of weakness
Reason for Modification: It was actually used on the field with these specs, rather than the old ones
Pertinent development threads: Blackout (Galactic Alliance invasion of One Sith Coruscant) - posts #5, 17, 21, 57, 61, 108, 141, 144, 171, 179, 201, 203, 224, 227 (14 posts)
Modification:

Hover_Battle_Tank_AFF_by_ikarus_tm2.jpg

Image Source: http://www.moddb.com.../aia-hovertank1

Intent: To provide a main battle tank that can be used for sweeping minefields

Development Threads:

- http://starwarsrp.ne...orbital-hazards(post #12 onward, for the Sasori Joshu)
- http://starwarsrp.ne...in-battle-tank/

Manufacturer: Ringovinda StarYards

Model: Zamboni minesweeping main battle tank

Affiliation: Open market

Modularity: No

Production: Mass-Produced.

Material: Durasteel chassis, quadranium/terenthium armor

Role: Main battle tank, minesweeping vehicle

Height: 2.7 meters

Length: 8.5 m (frame)/11 m (with dual laser cannons fully extended in forward position)

Width: 3.77 meters

Weight: 66 tons

Minimum Crew: Two (driver, sweeper operator)

Optimal Crew: Three (driver, gunner, sweeper operator)

Propulsion: Repulsorlift

Top Speed: 130 KM/H

Armaments:

- 2x laser cannons (can be retracted or extended)
- 1x Remote E-Web heavy repeating blaster

Squadron Count: 12

Passenger Capacity: Six to eight soldiers can be carried atop the turret, without any comfort

Cargo Capacity: 250 kg without the rear cargo hopper

Misc. Equipment:

- Sasori Joshu, mounted on the vehicle's underbelly to sweep the ground underneath the vehicle
- Retractable rotating flail
- Mine detector, which extends the rotating flail upon detecting mines
- Other standard tank equipment (integrated rangefinder, communications array, sensor array, electronic countermeasures)

Description: The Zamboni minesweeping main battle tank is born from the same design efforts that created the Zamboni-class sanitation ship, it can also be used in peacetime for cleaning up roads or streets. The Sasori Joshu can even be used for converting mines into consumables or fuel. However, the main weakness is that, without the rear cargo hopper addition, the tank can only sweep dirt (and mines) for short periods and two starfighter-grade laser cannons proves to be a big drain on the power systems, so the tank may have a slow rate of fire (10-12 rounds per minute, and sometimes 6-8 RPM when the underside sweep is active).

However, the Sasori Joshu is not effective at an altitude over five meters above ground, and the tank suffers from a lack of stability, which can be a problem when crossing ridges, ravines or scaling cliffs, up or down.

Strengths:

- Mine sweeper: the Sasori Joshu at the front of the tank can sweep debris from its path in addition to mines
- Can aim secondary weapon independently of main cannons

Weaknesses:

- Main cannons' slow rate of fire
- When the rotating flail is active, only secondary weapons can be used on the forward 90-degree arc; in addition, the tank slows to a speed where enemy infantry can overtake the tank even at non-forced march speed
- Unstable if flying too high above the ground (can pose a problem five meters above ground or more, and the minesweeping functions become ineffective)

Submission Name: Malachor minesweeping main battle tank
Link to Submission: [X]
Summary of Modification: Squadron count change
Reason for Modification: The original chassis is also undergoing the squadron count change from 6 to 12 so the new tank based on it will have to have its squadron count changed as well
Modification:

Hover_Battle_Tank_AFF_by_ikarus_tm2.jpg

Image Source: http://www.moddb.com.../aia-hovertank1

Intent: To provide a main battle tank that can be used for sweeping minefields and neutralize Force-using enemies around the tank

Development Threads: (for void stones under the old challenge, avoid using the word "the")

- Princess betrothal (30 posts)
- Transfer of power (10 posts)

40 posts total

Manufacturer: Ringovinda StarYards

Model: Malachor minesweeping main battle tank

Affiliation: Open market

Modularity: No

Production: Minor

Material: Durasteel chassis, quadranium/terenthium armor, void stones

Role: Main battle tank, mine sweeper

Height: 2.7 meters

Length: 8.5 m (frame)/11 m (with dual laser cannons fully extended in forward position)

Width: 3.77 meters

Weight: 66 tons

Minimum Crew: Two (driver, sweeper operator)

Optimal Crew: Three (driver, gunner, sweeper operator)

Propulsion: Repulsorlift

Top Speed: 130 KM/H

Armaments:

- 2x laser cannons (can be retracted or extended)
- 2x Korriban heavy machineguns

Squadron Count: 12

Passenger Capacity: Six to eight soldiers can be carried atop the turret, without any comfort

Cargo Capacity: 250 kg

Misc. Equipment:

- Weasel retractable rotating flail
- Mine detector, which extends the rotating flail upon detecting mines
- Other standard tank equipment (integrated rangefinder, communications array, sensor array, electronic countermeasures)

Description: The Malachor minesweeping main battle tank was designed when it became evident during the Stygian Caldera campaign that main battle tanks were vulnerable to Sith Lords and, more generally, any Force-using enemies. As a result, Ringovinda StarYards redesigned the tank's armor to include ground void stones within its inner armor layer. However, in absence of Force-users among an enemy force, its functionality is equivalent to that of a standard Zamboni minesweeping main battle tank. Due to the burst fire nature of the Korriban heavy machineguns mounted on its turret, it is recommended to fire them only one at a time. Nevertheless, they can be targeted independently from the main turret and, since they are slugthrowers, they will not be batted away by a lightsaber.

As with its original, its ability to sweep mines come from a mine detector included inside a retractable Weasel rotating flail. Said rotating flail extends when it detects mines, slowing the tank down to ensure a thorough clearance of the minefield. The mine detector, mounted in the flail's rotor, uses a ground-penetrating radar and an explosives trace detector to detect mines based on ion mobility spectometry. When the rotating flail is extended, however, the main turret cannot be aimed on the 90-degree forward arc or the main cannons will risk being damaged by the chains of the flail.

Strengths:

- Mine sweeper: it is capable of clearing a path for mines
- Can aim secondary weapons independently from the main turret
- Can gradually neutralize Force-powers of any Force-using enemy at the tank's point-blank range as the enemy closes in (ca. 50 meters or so)
- Secondary weapons will not be batted back by a lightsaber

Weaknesses:

- Main cannons' slow rate of fire
- Unstable if flying too high above the ground (can pose a problem five meters above ground or more, and the minesweeping functions become ineffective)
- Cannot be manned by Force-sensitives, lest their Force-powers become ineffective
- When the rotating flail is active, only secondary weapons can be used on the forward 90-degree arc; in addition, the tank slows to a speed where enemy infantry can overtake the tank even at non-forced march speed

Original submission: Zamboni minesweeping main battle tank

Submission Name: Firemaw-class MAVT

Link to Submission: Here (x)

Summary of Modification: Changing intent, manufacturer and affiliation from creating a balanced anti-tank vehicle for Firemane's Paramilitary, to creating a balance anti-tank vehicle for the First Order. Manufacturer from Firemane Industries and Technology to First Order Corps of Imperial Engineers (FOCIE) and affiliation from Tygaran Alliance; Open Market to First Order; Private Market

Reason for Modification: No longer affiliated or associated with Firemane/Tygaran Alliance

Modification:

Intent: To create an anti-tank vehicle for the First Order
Manufacturer: First Order Corps of Imperial Engineers (FOCIE)
Affiliation: First Order; Private Market

Charlyra Araano said:
Manufacturer from Firemane Industries and Technology to First Order Corps of Imperial Engineers (FOCIE) and affiliation from Tygaran Alliance; Open Market to First Order; Private Market
As this is already being produced by Firemane Industries for the Tygaran Alliance, the most I can do is add the First Order to the Manufacturer and Affiliation positions. I cannot remove Firemane (as they can still produce this, as they have been manufacturing it for some time now), or remove Tygaran Alliance from the affiliation as they still have them in their possession.

[member="Charlyra Araano"]
Upon further review, and I had not caught this prior to now as I am doing modifications tonight (I do them on set nights each week, I had only noticed the change for manufacturer and affiliation prior because of the request stating as much), you will need to find misc equipment that does not belong to firemane for your alternately affiliated/produced equipment.

i.e;
The ARGH shattergun will need a substitute listed for use by the First Order, and depending on if you have permission for the Cryptologic key you might need an alternative for that. Feel free to simply request a generic alternative, no need to have submissions ready for either of them.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
Submission Name: AT-Arachnid
Link to Submission:http://starwarsrp.ne...80-arachnid-at/
Summary of Modification: change of affiliation
Reason for Modification: to prevent people using Inquisition products without purchase
Modification: affiliation: Closed Market

Submission Name: S1-Light Seeker
Link to Submission: http://starwarsrp.ne...1-light-seeker/
Reason for Modification: to prevent people using Inquisition products without purchase

Submission Name: Yoma-AB
Link to Submission: http://starwarsrp.ne.../49663-yoma-ab/

Submission Name: Claymore H.T.D
Link to Submission: http://starwarsrp.ne...tank-destroyer/

Sanya Val Swift said:
Submission Name: Yoma-AB Link to Submission: http://starwarsrp.ne.../49663-yoma-ab/Summary of Modification: change of affiliation Reason for Modification: to prevent people using Inquisition products without purchase Modification: affiliation: Closed Market
I cannot remove a faction/entity which already possesses the submission from the affiliation. I can add Closed Market to it, but Galactic Republic will have to stay.

Updated

[member="Honoko"] As it had the Mandalorian Clans to begin with, and had been available to them, I cannot remove them. However, i can still add "Open Market" next to it.

Submission Name: Basilisk War Droid
Link to Submission: Here
Summary of Modification: Change of Affiliation | Adding My company as a Manufacturer
Reason for Modification: Mandalorian Clans is Defunct
Modification:
Affiliation: Closed Market
Manufacturer: ArmaTech Industries

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom