Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valrayne

Banner1a.png

T H E M E

Divider.gif
Side_Banner.png
Appearance
Standing at 5'5", Valrayne could be a feline ballerina. Beneath a shining coat of soft, grey fur, the defined shape of slender, toned muscles can be made out. The only exception would be over her left shoulder, where the fur partially (but not completely) covers an enormous scar. Wiry and slender, much like the felines she resembles, the felecatian is often passed over as a threat, however she has more reach and flexibility than she appears to. Bright, curious eyes of crystal blue peer out from a predominantly human face, her large, triangular ears the same blue-black as the long tresses of hair she simply refuses to tame. Finally, she also has a long, slender tail of the same grey fur as her body, and small, sharp claws on her fingertips.

Force Powers
Personality
When most people see a twisted, corrupted monstrosity of force energy, they’d flee in terror. Valrayne, on the other hand, would be stopping to ask it about its existence. She likes to consider herself witty, and although she understands the need for a somber tone from time to time, she regularly uses quips and jokes to quell her nerves or break an uncomfortably serious mood.

Notable Possessions/Allies
Divider.gif

Val1.png
Strengths

• Eidetic memory: It might seem careless for Valrayne to never appear to take notes. In reality, she has the uncanny ability to retain almost anything she reads, hears or sees, negating the need to write them down
  • Force Savant: Although its origin isn’t entirely understood, Valrayne's connection to the force is unusually strong. Because of this, it’s easier for her to learn and understand the ways of the force more than perhaps many others who study it
  • Light-footed: Cats are notorious for being able to move silently when they please, and the felecatian is no different. Valrayne is able to make her footfalls next to silent, sneaking about when she doesn't wish to be noticed

Weaknesses
  • Brazen: They say that curiosity killed the cat, and this feels very much like an ominous warning for the curious Valrayne. It wouldn’t take much to tempt her into a trap or worse, simply by offering a curiosity she hasn’t seen before
  • Naïve: Valrayne was raised in seclusion by parents who never considered the need to teach her about the darker side of the galaxy. Having next to no experience with lying or betrayal, she is easily convinced that anything anyone says is simply the whole truth. Why would she have reason to believe otherwise?
  • Old wound: Every time she’s asked about it, young Valrayne has a different story for the enormous scar that sprawls up and over her left shoulder. No matter the origin, however, it clearly hampers her movement, leaving her entire left side vulnerable in combat
  • Force Subtlety: Although her connection to the force is strong, Valrayne's handicap has led her to become something of an ambush hunter. Her force powers are used subtly, quietly, without the raw power behind them a Jedi or Sith knight might have

Divider.gif

Threads

Last edited:
|| B A C K S T O R Y ||

Divider.gif
[A transcript from a recorded interview session with station law enforcement]
Valrayne_no_BG_1.png

Officer: Are you sitting comfortably?
Valrayne: Actually no. I saw a comfy-looking chair on my way past your break room though, may I duck out and get it?
Officer: Cute. No. Alright let’s get this over with. State your name and species for the record please.
Valrayne: Valrayne. Falacation.
O: Thank you, Val. May I call you Val? Great. Age and homeworld?
V: Oh uh, 23, I guess. I actually wasn’t born on Felacat. I uh… kinda didn’t have a homeworld. Mama raised me uh…
O: Go on…
V: On an asteroid.
O: Well. Okay then. [Sigh] Alright Val, why don’t you tell me what happened. Start from the top.
V: You see, officer, a really long time ago, my mama met this guy—
O: Young lady, I’m cutting you a break here. A man is dead, and the arresting officer still thinks you did it. I reviewed the surveillance tapes and I don’t think it’s as cut and dry as that, but you need to help me, work with me to prove it. Or, I can step back and let them ship you off to lockup where you’ll await a very one-sided trial, and then onto an unkind sentence. It’s honestly your call at this point.
V: Okay fine, I’m sorry.
[Silence]
O: Val?
V: Yeah? Sorry. [Sigh]. I… I don’t know exactly what happened, honestly. I’m… scared.
O: Why are you scared?
V: I don’t lose control like that. I haven’t shifted involuntarily since I was a girl. Mama and Papa taught me how to control it. I don’t know what happened…
O: You think that something made you shift?
[Silence]
O: The recorder can’t pick up nodding
V: Right. Uh… yeah, maybe.
O: Well do you have any enemies? Anyone who would want to see you get into trouble?
V: Enemies? No! I don’t know enough people to have enemies.
O: … right. Well has there ever been any other trigger that has made you shift involuntarily? Were you trying to defend yourself? Did the victim threaten you in any way?
V: No, no he didn’t. I don’t have any triggers. I mean, I’m kind of new to crowds, I suppose. I grew up on a tiny asteroid in the middle of bum-kark nowhere. I lived in big, empty halls and lonely rocky gardens. My playmates were imaginary. I only really saw other people when mama and papa entertained guests, and they mostly ignored me.
O: So, you’re asking me to believe that you just… randomly shifted without meaning to, for the first time since you were a child, for no reason?
V: [Sigh] No, officer. I just… don’t know
O: Is there anything you can remember before you shifted? Anything at all? Even if you don’t think it’s relevant.
V: I don’t think… actually, yeah. Right before it happened, I got a pain right here, and like… a tingling.
O: Please state for the record where you’re gesturing
V: The back of my neck, right at the base of my skull
O: And you don’t normally get that when you shift?
V: No, sir.
[Knock at the door]
O: Alright we’ll take a break here. Interview adjourned at 1456. Sit tight, Val, we’ll get this sorted out.

Last edited:
[member="Darren Shaw"] if you think this means I'll make you tea you're wrong (but seriously, thank you very much!)

[member="Zahra Laurs"] Thank you! OMG your avatar and signature! Eris is B A E!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom