Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Into The Dark Unknowns

It'd only been a day since I'd left Coruscant with my new apprentice....Now we were close to Hades Station a space station in The Unknown Regions. Apparently my former Master was alright with my using it as a place to train Valrayne. I wasn't aware of anyone else that may or may be aboard the station at this time. Celiana had mentioned that the station was being refitted with more modern amenities.....things like restaurants, shops, living quarters and the like. She'd also said that when she'd discovered it there'd been bodies that looked to have been.....gnawed on and defiled.

923513b348e89d1a65ce736466fd596a.jpg

A notification chirped on the panel above my head and reaching up I tapped the panel to display the notification. Station in range, begin docking procedures? Y/N? Tapping the Y key I felt my ship begin angling towards the station. Valrayne was asleep against my bare chest, I couldn't help but smile at that....My aprrentice, lover, my mate. We were bound together she and I....Reaching out with one hand I softly cupped her cheek. Leaning down I kissed her lips gently and said "Wake up love, we're here." I heard a soft mewl as though she didn't want to get up then, slipping out of bed I began getting ready. Echani silk trousers, boots, a onyx kimono top with emerald trimming...

I felt a sense of uncertainty and I grabbed my saber and sword belt just in case. I wasn't sure what we'd find....My Master hadn't left any warnings other than about those bodies...so it was likely whatever had killed the previous crew was still aboard....

Faegard Faegard

True, perfect rest.

I hadn't realized how long it had gone since I'd really, honestly felt it. I also realized that the gentle hum of a ship's engine had become almost as important to me as having somewhere to rest my head. Wherever I ended up, I now knew that I wanted it to be on a ship, maybe even one of my own someday. It was to those idle fantasies that I'd drifted off to sleep, my head resting on my Master's chest. Nicholas himself has also become a part of my dreams, his steady heartbeat becoming my tether to reality throughout the night.

Was this was how it was meant to go? Did other apprentices get... involved with their Masters? I dreamed of him, of training to use the force, to meditate on the dark side, to hunt and to escape when being hunted. Would he be ridiculed by his kind for getting involved with me? Calling me his mate? Was I supposed to hide it around others? Or was it normal, was I expected to fulfill this role?

Through the haze of dreams and questions I felt a strong, yet gentle caress on my cheek, a kiss softly pulling me back to consciousness. Instinctively I grimaced slightly, mewling as I breathed in heavily, reluctantly waking up.

"Mmph, I'm awake, Master." I replied groggily, eventually relinquishing the arm that was draped across him and letting him slip out of bed.

Rolling over, I idly watched him get dressed as I waited for the rest of my body to wake up. It was bizarre, in a way, to think that not only did I have a Master now, but... it wasn't what I'd expected. Valrayne the nosy felacatian is independent, self-serving. Yet, there was something almost... divine about submitting to the Sith I affectionately watched for a time before finally dragging myself out of bed to do the same.

I found my apprentice robes, pulling them on as my tail suddenly flicked. A shiver of uncertainty ran down my spine. Dressed and with my hair pulled lazily into a big bun I followed Nicholas to the cockpit.

"Everything okay, Master?" I asked, "Sorry, I just... thought I felt something for a sec there."

Al-Saher Al-Saher

Smiling as Val got ready I pulled my sword free of its sheathe and twirled it to feel out the weight. Sliding it back into its sheathe Val asked if I was alright, that she'd felt something. Looking towards her I said "It's possible that there's something waiting for us aboard Hades Station. My Master advised that she hadn't explored the entirety of this station, there were bodies found when she first came aboard. Gnawed on and with throats slashed.... We're landing in a hangar near one of those unexplored sections....I sense......thirst for blood, an almost hungry desire. Be mindful when we step off Valrayne...."

I initiated landing protocols and my ship came to rest in the hangar. Flicking on anti intruder protocols I electrofied the hull and flicked on landing lights, to illuminate the hangar. Triggering the cargo bay entrance open I grabbed a blaster and handed it Valrayne. "Eyes sharp cya'rika..." Walking down into the hangar I pulled my sword free of its sheathe. Standing guard as Val rejoined me....

My eyes flicked towards a bulkhead which had become illuminated through emergency lighting. There was blood on the deckplating and going around the corner. Something else was in this section recently....The blood I smelled was less than a day old.....Meaning the kill was recent....

Faegard Faegard

Nicholas unsheathed his sword and twirled it with mastaful precision before returning it to its sheath.

As I watched him, a small sigh uncoiled from my chest. On the one hand, it was impressive, almost alluring, to watch a Master handle a weapon with grace and power in equal measure. As enchanting as those exotic dancers on Nar Shaddaa, but with a hint of danger to it. With a flick of one of my ears I resolved to ask him if one day I could watch him do his kata or practice.

On the other hand, I felt a twinge of sadness, and a hand moved to my injured shoulder. I'd never really lamented the injury, as it hadn't stopped me from being able to stow away on ships or earn a ride across the galaxy washing dishes. However, I couldn't help but feel a sense of loss, just for a moment. I'd never be able to have that, and while it was something I'd never really pursued, in that realization, I felt like I'd lost something.

He turned to me, explaining that there may be something unaccounted for on the old station, warning me to stay sharp. I gave him a nod, my gaze steeling to match his somber determination

"Yes Master."

As we landed and the lights from his ship lit up the shadowy hangar, Nicholas handed me a blaster. I took it, althogh my lips pursed as I did. I'm not exactly a great shot, but perhaps a lousy shot at close range was still better than nothing.

My Master stepped off the ship and I followed, creeping down the ramp behind him, blaster in my dominant hand. My ears were keenly tilted forwards, yearning to pick up every little sound from the still, quiet hangar around us. Beyond our circle of light, metal creaked and groaned undert he shifting temperatures. Somewhere to my left electricity crackled, zapping ocasionally. I could smell the rich, iron tang of blood in the air, and glancing towards my Master, I could see by his gaze that he smelled it too.

"What are we looking for?"

As I spoke, I crept forwards, blast out and scanning the hangar. Behind me, my tail swished nervously. A few steps forward, then a few more. What... what could have possibly been here? Why was it so still now? My eyes moved up to the bulkhead.

Why was there a fresh kill here?

Al-Saher Al-Saher

I felt her regret, her desire to be as good of a bladesman as me. Soooo she had wisdom and ambition, excellent. Holding my blade at an angle Val asked what we were looking for. "The Sith Chambers, My Master has restored parts of the station but we're in an area where nothing has been touched yet. We'll be following a beacon marker on my gauntlet. Chime will sound as we approach closer to our destination."

The sound of movement in the corridors....yet it sounded like a slithering.... She'd said there were Sith records she'd recovered when she'd boarded. What if it had been a station for Sith Sorcery and such? Then Sithspawn would have ravaged anyone who came to claim this place.....I sensed whatever it was would track us through the bulkheads and make their stand before we reached the Sith Chambers....Only those who could seize power deserved it. The bulkhead would be sealed.....we wouldn't gain access without bloodshed.

f941c37a842b14a80b7803626c9d80ad.jpg

Moving forward with my blade angled I emerged into a darkened corridor....With bloodstains moving down the hall. The victim had been dragged. There were....fingerprints...and what looked like clawmarks. The fingerprints weren't human....at least....not anymore. There were a number of things that could have killed the people here. None of them pleasant.....

This was where the fun began...

Faegard Faegard

Huh... kind of the game of "hot or cold" my mother used to play with me when I was a kitten.

My Master explained that we'd be following the marker on his gauntlet, and instinctively I tilted my head to steal a peek at it. As I did, a shiver seemed to grip my spine, erupting in an involuntary squeak. Whatever was here, whatever was going to go down, it seemed to stick to me like a bad smell, a warning, a sign that whatever we shared this station with was neither friendly, nor timid.

Nicholas began through the corridor, his blade out and angled. I fell in step behind him, blaster out, staying close. My heart was beginning to race in my chest, my fur standing on end and my ears tilted forwards keenly. Every breath seemed drawn out and uncertain, every step seeming to amplify the growing sense of dread that had tied a knot firmly in my stomach.

Glancing down, I saw the blood stained ground, uttering a gasp. You could see... streaks, marks where someone had been dragged away. The desperation and agony was evident in the wild and panicked marks across the floor.

"What the hells happened here?"

My question was soft, almost as though I were afraid of the answer. Perhaps I was.

The darkness around us seemed crushing in on me. Sure, I'm no stranger to the dark side, but this seemed... almost too much. Taking a moment to center myself, I swallowed, closing my eyes for a moment.

The quiet was almost unbearable.

Al-Saher Al-Saher

As Val asked what the hells happened here I paused and said "Nothing good. Carefull Val, we're being pushed towards the entrance to the Sith Chambers. Those chambers will open after blood has been shed." I sincerely wished things were as simple as input this code and gain access.

Though my Master had the sense that power must be seized, nothing was simply given. I could sense.....Sith Sorcery....and if it hadn't been my Master to craft these....things then it'd bbeen the original owner. Which meant....they wouldn't stop until they were killed. Moving I heard the chime from my gauntlet sounding louder. I also sensed hunger....closing on us. Moving quickly I led Val with me towards an entrance to the Sith Chambers....Hoping that whatever was hunting us would simply emerge and grant us access through blood spilt.

Faegard Faegard

I felt a shiver race down my spine, and draw a little closer to Nicholas.

For some reason, that voice was soothing, a calming mooring amid the chaotic fear rampant in my mind. Perhaps it was the bond we shared, I knew that no matter what, he had my back, and I his. Although, with a grimace I realized how one-sided that partnership was right now. The Sith could absolutely protect me from unsavory types, in fact I'd seen him do it. But me? If we were set upon now? My brow furrowed and I banished the thought.

Turning to his words, I tilted my head to the side,

"Blood?" I echoed, pausing for a moment, "how much needs to be shed? Could you use mine?"

He moved on, leading me further into the dark and eerie place, following the gauntlet's encouraging chirp. We were coming towards one of the entrances, one that demanded blood to be opened. I felt my heart leap into my throat, my own blood pounding in my ears. My fur stood on end, my tail thrashing behind me wildly.

Something was coming, moving in, circling us. I raised the blaster, peering desperately into the darkness around us.

It was near, I could sense it.

Al-Saher Al-Saher

"Blood spilled in anger, I'm not angry or filled with rage at you Valrayne." I sensed we were close and that something was about to move. The darkness had yielded us prey recently. Our urge to feed stronger and now we'd made this place our nest...yesssss our nest. These.....fleshlings would nourish us. The young female......full to the brim with delicious fear." Bursting from the vent in an explosion of ink. We shifted.....

Multiple embodiments of flowing inky death. I had shifted with a bladed leg and brought it through her sweet, warm, meat. Red puddled as she'd likely feel her end approaching by now. The ink that'd splotched her shoulder would begin shredding her shoulder. Her agony and pain would feed us!

I sensed lust....hunger and without warning ebony ink spread out of the vents. Before I even had time to register what had happened Val had dropped crimson flooding the deckplating... I registered her life force fading. Throwing my hands into a series of Sith sorcery seals I bound her soul to mine. Taking a full second to realize these Sithspawn had just killed my apprentice....my lover.....my mate I opened my mouth and let fly a demonic howl. The Force whipping about me in sparks. My entire left arm burst into indigo flame wreathed in red, my right arm wreathed in aqua lightning arcing through my sword.

I moved, and jerking my left arm forward a massive gout of flame wreathing half the room. Encompassing three of the beasts I heard them shrieking, could smell them cooking from the inside out. Weaving my sword through the remaining beasts lightning arcing through them I dropped my sword. Bringing my hand in flame and my hand arcing with lightning together I weaved more Sith hand seals and placed my hands, blazing with power to rival gods against her skin. The healing blaze and arcing lightning to burn away any cut made by those beasts. Her should bound to me would have seen the absolute purging fury I had exhibited to those who'd harmed her.

She'd feel the sheer force of will as her soul was moved back into her healed body. Heat and Electricity as her body was brought back to life.

"Oh... right."

well, that wasn't going to work. I mean, I suppose I could make my Master mad at me, but... I sensed that he seemed to have another idea. Besides, I wasn't the greatest fan of turning my Master's ire upon myself. There was an uncomfortable shift in the air, I took a step backwards, slightly away from the doorway.

And then all hell broke loose.

I never even saw them.

The vent exploded beside me. With a shriek I tried to leap away, but with a sudden jerk and a searing pain, I was slammed into the ground. The wind was knocked out of me, my head pounding and my vision blurry. I gasped, clawing at the ground.

A wail, a scream of desperation and pain.

It took a moment to even register as my own. In an instant, my entire world screamed with agony. Something drove right through me, pinning me to the ground. Withering, agonizing pain instantly flashed through me. Another scream, weaker this time. I clawed at the ground, my fingers slipping in the slick, warm blood... my blood. Panic gripped my mind, throwing me into violent chaos. Gasping, screaming, I stared up to my Master.

Barely a moment had passed, another scream, another raging shot of pain ripping through my body. Jiggle, jiggle, tug. Oh hells, what was that? The darkness came crashing down as I cried out, desperately clawing, screaming, everything beginning to fade away in a horrific, blinding shroud of anguish and terror.

I was floating.

The agony seemed to drift away, to fade finally into a numb, muted existence. Another tug, this one seeming to yank me from this strange, floating nothing. There was no seeing in this nothing, no knowing, but I sensed... my Master. His presence suddenly a lot stronger. Was this what happened after an apprentice died? Was that what had happened? I'd died, I could figure that out. I couldn't pinpoint the exact moment. I just remembered... hatred, rage, violent lust for blood and... sudden agony. Was this where my soul was to linger? Here in the nothing, feeling only the presence of my Master?

This... could be peace. Perhaps...

Suddenly, there was a new kind of pain; a powerful, wrenching, white-hot pain, electrified and pure. Cleansing, burning lightning seemed to rip through me and I let out another scream. The scream consumed me entirely, consumed the nothing, turning the blackness into blinding white. It was chaotic, sharp, confusing.

The scream faded. In its place, I felt... a heartbeat, my heartbeat. Panting... breath. My eyes fluttered open, gazing up to see Nicholas over me. My head pounded, my every muscle singing with a tingle as if from electricity, but without the pain. I gasped, weakly lifting a hand towards him. I wanted to touch, to feel something, him, to make sure that yes, I was alive once more.

"M-Master..." I mewled weakly, pausing to swallow, to summon a little more strength, to calm my confused and addled mind. "Nu aki j'us"

Al-Saher Al-Saher

As Valrayne came back to me I dropped to a knee by her side. Absolutely covered in gore....her blood and that of the Sithspawn. She called for me then....She spoke High Sith....I knew some Sith but.....not that. As if in response to her words the bulkhead behind her opened...Revealing a sort of ritual chamber....

497198d2b6b59ab45ebd5796f72c0d40.jpg

The floors were lined with Electrum....glowing beams of aqua light emerging from the floor. Coming to Val's side I said "You and I are bound together my apprentice...There's no way I'm letting you be taken from me." I'd said apprentice....my tone had said lover and mate. As it was her blood and the Sithspawn had opened the way. This way would yield to us in the future as well....Nothing could be gained without there first being sacrifice....that being said the sacrifice had been Val and if I wasn't versed in healing arts....she'd have stayed gone.

I wasn't a fan of the sacrifice having been her.....I was.....my jaw feathered and I realized I was savagely angry that it'd been her to be sacrificed.....

Faegard Faegard

I grimaced as Nicholas knelt beside me. My head was still pounding, I felt as though my wires had been crossed, still not entirely sure where I was or what I'd said.

Nicholas - my Master - was soaked in blood. With a start, I realized that some of it... a lot of it... was mine. The rest belonged to the remains of creatures I suddenly noticed were strewn about us. By now, they were little more than smoldering piles of flesh and machinery. Still, although my knowledge of Sith practicies was relatively sparse, I recognized Sithspawn, even in this state. Was that... was that what had happened? I could remember taking a step backwards and then... had they... killed me?

However, my thoughts and worries about it were suddenly diminished as a sound drew my attention away. The bulkhead behind me opened, and I turned to see some sort of chamber revealed to us. The eerie, pale blue light of electrum lit up upon the smooth, marbled floor. The space beyond seemed to whisper of forbidden, dark secrets. A shiver raced down my spine.

Nicholas spoke, although it was me he talked to, I sensed the warning in his words; a warning to all those who would follow the Sithspawn, anyone who might try to come for what was his. He terrified me, the rumble in his words, the blood covering his visage, his force aura rich with unbridled power. But just as I feared him, never had I felt more safe than right in that moment, right after I'd died and... come back.

"I understand, Master," I replied meekly, shakily pulling myself to my feet, "I won't let anything like that happen again."

Master. I had always thought - particularly when I had been reading about the Sith - that I would hate having to use it. However, it came out sounding more affectionate, grateful, like he was more lover, than mere teacher. Although I could feel my strength returning, I still found myself leaning on my Master as I began to move towards the chambers.

Whatever was inside had better be worth it.

Al-Saher Al-Saher

She replied meekly and I said "Val.....not your fault. You're not to blame cya'rika...." Looking around I saw Val looked unsteady on her feet and sheathing my sword I simply scooped her up. I felt the sheer power contained inside......Lifting Val and walking towards those aqua lights I heard skittering.....no, no, no I couldn't fight and carry Val....Then the sound of birds chirping as pillars rose where the aqua lights were. The lights turned indigo and I had a second to think then the shrieking sound of birds chirping came from the pillars.

Lightning emitted from the posts and absolutely incinerated a horde that'd been coming.....Bodies turned to ash as the voice of The Force said loudly in my head, and likely Vals' "Through Passion we gain strength....you show much in your devotion Nicholas, Lord of The Sith.... You bent the rules, broke them....for your apprentice but...there's more aahhhh your lover too. I grant you access to this station and everything it entails. Your Master was not the one to invite you but we.....accept you along with what and whom is yours Nicholas Al-Saher."

The lightning continued shredding the Sithspawn as an opening in the floor became apparent...

954c542a24fdbfad8b298d0b25d35de7.jpg

Faegard Faegard

Not your fault

My Master was a Sith lord, terrifying and aggressive. Especially after what had just transpired, it was easy to see him as nothing else. Strong, violent, a force with which to be reckoned. Yet... those few words, and suddenly I remember the guise under which we'd met; the Jedi. There was another side to him, something softer, something that cared, that made me feel safe, even when the rage was directed at me.

Closing my eyes, I wavered a little. But just as I felt my legs give way beneath me, a strong arm wrapped around my waist and my Master collected my form, lifting me easily off the ground and holding me in his arms.

I blushed, ashamed at myself for being unable to do something as simple as walk on my own right now. My ears tilted back and I avoided his gaze. However, as embarrassed as I was that I was weak in this moment, my arms reached up to wrap around his neck and I rested my head against the Sith lord's chest. Closing my eyes a moment, I reminded myself that for a girl who was dead only a few minutes ago... I was doing okay.

A sound brought my attention to the room we'd just entered. Pillars rose up from the ground, a light emitting from them to the sound of... chirping? For a moment the lights turned indigo, and I wondered what it could mean before suddenly a wave of lightning erupted, obliterating the oncoming horde of sithspawn. I gasped, my arms tightening around Nicholas's neck as a voice echoed in my mind. It was... talking to him, but I could hear it too.

My eyes turned up to Nicholas, staring at him as the lightning continued to shred the sithspawn to nothingness around us.

His

Whatever it was; the spirit of an ancient Sith, the force itself, it labelled me as his, like I belonged to him. It felt... right, and I found myself breathing a soft sigh of relief as the floor opened up, inviting us in.

"I guess whatever we're here for... is down there."
I murmured

Al-Saher Al-Saher

It was....likely that Val had heard the voice of The Darkness too. Looking down the stairs to the Sith chambers below I looked at Val and said "Together then my apprentice...." I felt her nuzzle against me and smiling I walked down, carrying my apprentice into the darkness with me....

Faegard Faegard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom