Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Uptown Girl

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium
Frolicking About in Foodie Dumpling Heaven

TddmRqj.png
-

"Oh, okay," Zaiya replied; chopstick use was getting a little better, but still working on it. She grabbed the small bowl of rice and attempted to grab a clump of it with the chopsticks.

She failed, the sticks clacking against each other as rice went in several directions. Embarassement flushed over her face and her markings turned a bright coral pink.

"Umm... well... how long does it take to get a master then?" distraction questions to Braze Braze was the key while she attempted once more to grab some rice.

qXrM5Mv.png

"Think that depends as well... also depends on what you might mean by master. There's the rank of Master that Jedi give you when you pass certain criteria... but there's also the term Master as in you've completely learned all you can of one thing... which I don't think is true either... I think you never really stop learning... I think it means being better than adept skill level at something," Braze offered, pondering how else he might phrase it.

He then smirked at her.

"Why~? Do you wanna become a master and teach little padawans of your own? Want to be called Master Zaiya~?"

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

Oh, Braze Braze got her good. Zaiya turned even more pink, the coral patterns over her face darkening with a pulsing ripple as her mortification grew. Never mind that grabbing a clump of rice was as difficult as trying to thread a needle.

"I... umm.. no ... I was just wondering how it all worked!" she stammered out in a comedic attempt to defend herself. Back to distraction questions, "Well, at what point do masters start taking padawans then? How does one know if they are ready to -- not that I want to be one, I just wanted to know how it worked!" she gave a huff, taking out her frustrations on the rice. Finally, a clump! She shoveled it into her mouth by holding the bowl close to her lips and began to chew furiously. All the while, there she was, glowing like a kaleidoscopic night light for all to see.

qXrM5Mv.png

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

"Well... my Master, Master Jasper Kai'el, is a Knight," he offered softly. "Sometimes... They just decide when they want to... I believe part of becoming a master is to train a padawan to Knight... other times the council might try to assign someone to you... I think it depends really," Braze added softly.

"I want to be a knight. I'm trying to focus on my trials and what else I have to do to prove that I can be a knight... I don't think anyone wants to trust me with anything though... which is very hard for me to cope with in truth... I don't think anyone thinks I can be responsible," Braze offered softly.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

"So a master doesn't always have to be master? They can be a knight too?" Zaiya asked, followed by, "Wait, so what are the levels or titles then?" she added quickly after, making another attempt for another rice clump.

At least until she caught the telltale tone in Braze Braze 's voice, which said he was bothered by others thinking that he couldn't be responsible. Immediately, Zaiya set her chopsticks down and met the Half-Echani's gaze.

"Just like how one makes friends, so does one build trust. Be honest, consistent, and reliable with your words and actions. That's how people can see that you are bein responsible and trustworthy with your words and actions." The Lovalla explained emphatically, her hues radiating a dark amber in contemplation and focus.

"You already show a lot of those aspects to me Braze. You were trustworthy in showing me the best way to learn martial arts as a foundation and also being patient and teaching me in a responsible manner to make sure I didn't get hurt. So give yourself more credit."

qXrM5Mv.png

Braze took a few small sips from his tea before setting it aside as he listened to Zaiya. He was quiet for a few long moments, contemplating how to word his response to her.

"Calling your instructor 'Master' is a formality rooted in deep respect. In every essential way, they are your Master, reflecting their role as your teacher, even if they have not formally attained the rank of Master. This term underscores the hierarchy and responsibility inherent in your relationship with them. As a Padawan, you are essentially an apprentice, learning from someone who has reached the level of a journeyman or better in their craft and skill, and is now qualified to teach and impart their wisdom and knowledge. They are entirely in charge of your training, and you are expected to follow their instructions and assist them in various tasks. You are expected to show respect and grattitude. A Padawan should be extremely grateful for the opportunity to learn from such a teacher and must show the utmost respect. This practice of calling your teacher who's a knight as 'Master', reinforces the structure and discipline required for training. A Knight overseeing a Padawan's training adopts the hierarchical role of a master to an apprentice. In this context, the title 'Master' refers to their role as the principal guide and educator of the Padawan, not necessarily their official rank."

He smiled at what she had to say next.

"Aw... Zaiya, that's very kind of you to say and very sweet of you to think that. I have been trying to be better overall, but I think it's a bit easier with people who don't know who I was previously to see me in a better light. You don't know my previous chapters, so to speak,"
he said and offered her a weak smile. "But it does give me hope that I'm perhaps on the right track now," Braze assured with a glimmer of happiness lacing his words.

He settled down and thought about her other questions and tried to think best on how to go over everything. Braze paused for a moment, collecting his thoughts before explaining the ranks and roles within the Jedi Order to Zaiya. "The hierarchy of the Jedi Order is kinda complex and diverse offering many paths one can take within the Order," he began.

"Initially, children who are accepted into the Jedi Order are called Younglings, or initiates. They begin their training in the basics of the Force under the supervision of a Jedi Creche Master, usually within a group setting. Here they learn foundational skills necessary for every Jedi. Once a Youngling has passed the Initiate Trials, they advance to the rank of Padawan and are paired with a Jedi Knight or Master. This one-on-one mentorship involves more practical experiences and missions, preparing them for the Jedi Knight Trials."

Braze sipped his tea again before continuing, "Upon successfully completing the Jedi Knight Trials, which assess their mastery of the Force, character, and readiness, a Padawan is promoted to a Jedi Knight. Knights have the autonomy to undertake missions on their own and may also train a Padawan themselves. Those who demonstrate exceptional dedication, wisdom, and prowess in the Force may be elevated to Jedi Masters. Masters play a critical role in the Order, often taking on significant responsibilities and decision-making roles. The pinnacle of this hierarchy, teh best of teh best is the Grand Master, who oversees the entire Jedi Council and the Order."

Shifting his focus, Braze detailed the specialized roles: "Beyond these ranks, there are numerous specialized roles tailored to the unique abilities of its members. Jedi Guardians are warriors, focusing on combat and defense. Jedi Consulars are more akin to diplomats and healers, using their deep understanding of the Force for peace and aid. Jedi Sentinels blend both aspects, often taking on roles that require technical skills or covert operations."

He leaned forward, emphasizing the importance of less visible but crucial roles. "Then we have the Jedi Shadows, who operate in secrecy to combat the dark side's influence directly. Jedi Battlemasters specialize in training others in lightsaber combat, while Jedi Instructors focus on educating Younglings and Padawans."
He paused to take anouther sip of tea.
"As for the keepers of knowledge and peace within the galaxy, we have Jedi Archivists who maintain our vast libraries, Jedi Temple Guards who ensure the security of our sanctuaries, and Jedi Seers who use their visions to guide the Order's decisions. Jedi Watchmen look after specific regions, ensuring the Jedi presence aligns with local needs, while Jedi Healers use the Force to mend physical wounds."

Braze concluded, "And not to forget, Jedi Ambassadors and Jedi Diplomats handle our interactions with various political entities, ensuring that the Jedi Order maintains good relations across the galaxy. Lastly, Jedi Lore Keepers are tasked with preserving ancient lore and artifacts, ensuring that the wisdom of the past remains alive."

"Each role is vital, Zaiya, providing a framework in which every Jedi can find their calling and contribute to the Order's mission,"
Braze finished, hoping his detailed explanation helped Zaiya understand the structure. "I can try and find you a informational book of history if you like that you can read. We have a book called The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force. If you might like to borrow it. "

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

It was a lot of information, but Zaiya took the time to try and listen attentively while filing the information away to ask later. They were eating, after all, and she didn't want Braze Braze to end up not eating his food if all he did was answer questions. Thankfully, the Half-Echani did offer to let her borrow a book. Relief washed over her features, and the soft golden highlights indicated her gratitude.

"Okay, yes, please that would be great. It is a lot of information to go through, but I imagine that those who joined the Order early had years to learn all of this," Once again, it made her wonder if she joined, did that mean she would see her friends less?

"If I did decide to join, does that mean I'll be assigned somewhere else and I won't be able to see you, Loomi Loomi , or Aris as often because you are all Padawans, and I won't be?"

qXrM5Mv.png

"I don't think so," he said, taking a few bites of his food. "The New Jedi Order doesn't favor the idea of young people being assigned to dangerous locations. You'd most likely be kept safe most of the time... but I think it would depend on your Creche Master, or whichever Knight has the final say. I believe most Masters allow some leeway." Braze offered further explanation, "The Jedi Order is less of a military organization and more of a creed."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

Okay,” it was a lot to think about and consider, but thankfully now Zaiya had a better understanding.

For now though, the Lovalla teen gave Braze Braze a wide smile, “Thank you, Braze Braze , for everything - and I’m really glad we are friends.”

It really meant a lot to her. With a joyful shimmer and shimmy of her shoulders, Zaiya’s attention went back to the food.

It was time to fully enjoy their little corner of dumpling paradise!

qXrM5Mv.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom