Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Uptown Girl

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium
Interacting with: Braze Braze

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya listened attentively to Braze as he explained to her the Padawan braid, what it meant to be one, and how one became a knight. So it was more of a uniform? Like wearing a tassel that indicated the year you were in University, only worn throughout the Padawan's training?

Curiosity piqued, the young Lovalla teen asked, "What do the beads signify in your studies? And what subjects can one pursue? Can you change your focus at any time, like switching a major at school, or is it a one-time choice?" She also wondered, "Do you study under one master all the time or does it change with the subject you're studying?"

They stumbled upon a small brook, its surface adorned with a series of stepping stones. Zaiya couldn't resist the playful challenge. With a mischievous giggle, she spread her hands to balance, stretched her legs with a jump, holding up the fabric of her skirt, then hopped across each stone with nimble grace.

"It is a standardized test to show bravery, wisdom, and their connection to the Force? Like taking semester finals?" Or was it an even bigger test or a lab? "Or is it more practical?"

"And how does a master know if their padawan is ready?"
was this objective or subjective?

qXrM5Mv.png

She sure did have a whole lot of questions. "Well... The gold or yellow means study in the art of the lightsaber, other weapons, or combat in general," he explained. "Black indicates a form of study in covert operations." Braze offered, "So I've put in gold and black colored beads and chose styles that reflect myself." He continued, "There are other colors too. White indicates that the Padawan was studying healing, blue means mechanics, red means piloting, and green beads or bands indicate the areas of study for a consular, the living force, or precognitive visions. There are also bands that signify certain milestones. For example, a red band is applied after the Padawan turns sixteen standard years of age when the Padawan completes their Temple courses and starts studying independently under the guidance of their Master." He trailed off before padding across the stones after her.

"You're meant to study with a Master closely and learn what it means to be a Knight by shadowing them and acting as their assistant and learn how to deal with certain situations that may arise. A Padawan's primary job is to learn and grow as a Jedi under the guidance of a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master. They undergo training in various aspects of the Force, lightsaber combat, diplomacy, and philosophy. Padawans are expected to follow the teachings of the Jedi Order, adhere to the Jedi Code, and develop their skills to become skilled warriors and guardians of peace. Padawans often assist their Masters in missions or tasks assigned by the Jedi Council, such as diplomatic negotiations, reconnaissance missions, or peacekeeping efforts. As they progress in their training, Padawans may also be tasked with mentoring younger Jedi initiates or aiding in the defense of the galaxy against threats such as the Sith or other dark side practitioners," he tried to explain as they walked beneath the forest's dappled lighting.

"As far as the trials go for becoming a knight... uh... well, I've tried to ask a good few different Knights. No one likes talking about them, it seems, as they are all rather personal affairs. Sometimes they might bring up a traumatic history... I've learned it's rude to ask others what their trials are like. There are five Trials traditionally," he trailed off, thinking on them.

"You have the Trial of Skill, the Trial of Courage, the Trial of Flesh, the Trial of Spirit, and the Trial of Insight."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium
Interacting with: Braze Braze

TddmRqj.png
-

"Wow, okay, so then there are different areas of study, much like degrees at the University," Zaiya commented, giving one last skip until she came to rest on the other side of the brook. As if pleased she made it, she gave a little bounce as she landed, her thick braid swishing at her back. So Braze was studying lightsaber combat and covert operations. It made her wonder what Aris Noble Aris Noble and Loomi Loomi were studying. She at least knew that Aris wanted to become a Battlemaster, so then he'd have a gold bead, right?

She had more thoughts and questions: "So then does that mean a padawan and a master live together if the padawan is supposed to shadow?"

Zaiya waited for Braze then joined him side by side as they continued on, clasping her hands behind her back as she happily ambled along, "And if Knights or masters do not let anyone know what their trials were or what they had to do, then how does one even know if they are doing the trial correctly?" Zaiya asked in confusion.

"That's like taking a final blind without even knowing what the topic or grading scale will be and having no sense of when it starts or when it ends." That would be very frustrating. Zaiya liked knowing what to expect when it came to taking a test. She wanted to excel and being aware of the parameters is what helped her know what goal to reach to.

qXrM5Mv.png

Last edited:

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze and Zaiya strolled along the mossy path, the tranquility of the woods enveloping them as they made their way toward the small village ahead. A hint of anticipation lingered in the air as they neared the outskirts, where signs of civilization began to peek through the trees.

"Well..." Braze began, his words trailing off slightly as Zaiya fired off a barrage of questions. He couldn't help but marvel at her curiosity, briefly pondering if he'd ever questioned anyone as much. Deciding he probably had, he chuckled softly before responding.

"It really depends, I guess," Braze mused. "We won't be staying on Coruscant because of what happened on Tython, I think. I don't know where we'll go, but I intend on staying with my Master. When I was a youngling, I lived in a creche with other younglings. We had a creche master who took care of us, and each of us had our own little creche clan name too. Not all younglings are chosen as Padawans; some may remain in the creche to receive further education and training in support roles within the Jedi Order." He stifled a small yawn, covering his mouth with his hand.

As they continued their leisurely walk, Braze shifted the conversation to the Jedi Trials. "We have an idea of what some of the trials are about or contain," he explained. "And the Council can give you a sort of 'standardized' test for some of them. Others, you may pass just through life experiences. I'm sure my Master, Jasper Kai'el, has passed the Trial of Flesh for having his arm taken from him." Braze hesitated for a moment, a tinge of sympathy crossing his expression. "I didn't press him for further details because that's probably a very sensitive topic."

He paused, taking a moment to stretch his neck and hear a satisfying series of cracks before continuing. "Let me explain the trials," he said, his voice clear and confident. "The Trial of Skill tests a Padawan's combat abilities, including lightsaber proficiency, agility, and tactical thinking. Padawans may face simulated or real combat scenarios to demonstrate their prowess."

Braze gestured with his hands as he spoke, his movements emphasizing each point. "The Trial of Courage assesses a Padawan's bravery and ability to overcome fear. It often involves confronting danger or adversity, sometimes in the form of physical challenges or facing one's inner demons."

Moving on, he described the Trial of the Flesh. "This trial focuses on a Padawan's physical endurance and self-discipline. It may involve enduring pain, enduring extreme environments, or demonstrating control over their physical body. The Trial of Spirit evaluates a Padawan's connection to the Force, their understanding of Jedi philosophy, and their ability to maintain their moral compass even in difficult situations," Braze continued, his words carrying a sense of solemnity.

"And finally," he concluded, "the Trial of Insight challenges a Padawan's perception, intuition, and ability to discern truth from deception. It may involve solving puzzles, deciphering codes, or navigating complex ethical dilemmas."

With his explanation complete, Braze fell silent, allowing the sounds of nature to fill the space between them as they continued their journey through the woods.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium
Frolicking About

TddmRqj.png
-
Zaiya needed a few minutes to absorb everything Braze Braze had shared about the trials. Several points raised her concern, particularly for those who would be considered mere younglings next to an adult. As a member of a non-violent species, she found the Trial of the Flesh to be quite extreme, especially hearing that Braze's master had to lose an entire arm to succeed.

"...Why must the Trial of Flesh be so violent? Why is such trauma necessary to pass? It seems so... excessive." Her frown deepened, her deep amber eyes tinged with pale yellow reflecting her worry. She couldn't bear the thought of her friends facing such danger.

"What's the reason for enduring such pain? Can't one demonstrate their physical resilience and self-control without going through such intense ordeals that leave most knights and masters too traumatized to speak of it?"

Her gaze shifted back to Braze. "So, does that mean you completed your Trial of Flesh when that Twi'lek broke your hand on Tython? Could that incident count as a Trial of Courage too?"

qXrM5Mv.png

"It could count, I suppose," Braze remarked thoughtfully. "It's not typically as straightforward as that when you do it under the purview of your master or the council... Ultimately, it's up to your Master and the council, I believe, to determine if you've passed any trials or not. I think it involves a lot of personal discussion between oneself and their master. Typically, your Master decides when you've learned enough to become a knight and recommends it to the council... I'm not really sure," he added with a shrug, his tone light.

They could see the small city up ahead in the distance now. "I figure I'll get there when I get there and not worry too much about it," Braze mused with a casual shrug. "I've really been trying to perfect my skills as well... the Trial of Skill," he admitted, a determined glint in his eyes as he spoke of his training.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium
Frolicking About

TddmRqj.png
-

A lot of personal discussion between you and your master and then the council? Another frown, then a sudden twist of her head towards Braze Braze again.

"What council? " then another questions, "And wait, what if you don't have a master? Then does that mean someone could never become a knight?"

There was a small city up ahead, the bustling sounds of commerce slowly getting louder. However, Zaiya was hyper focused on the Half-Echani, wanting to know more of how the Jedi worked. Especially now since she was seriously starting to consider joining. But now things were starting to worry her as she kept asking questions.

Some of these things seemed very daunting.

qXrM5Mv.png

"We have a council, like those in charge of important decisions. Valery Noble Valery Noble , Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el , Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla , Amani Serys Amani Serys , and Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka are presently the members, I believe. If there's anyone else, I'm not very familiar with them myself. I don't keep up with the political side of things; I try to focus on matters more on 'my level,' so to speak," Braze offered softly.

"Traditionally, yes; that's why we call it being a hopeful. Ko Vuto Ko Vuto originally went to the Agricorps, I believe, before being taken on by Knight Jonyna Si Jonyna Si ," Braze added. "Traditionally, we used to have a tournament where padawans would compete in saber combat to attract the attention of masters and knights seeking potential proteges. I would love the opportunity to engage with other students in such a tournament. But I don't know if we'll even have the luxury of holding such events considering what happened at Tython and what's currently happening. "

Braze led her up to a quaint little breezy restaurant under a small thatched roof. He selected a table and glanced at the menus available. "They have a whole lot to choose from. What might you like to try, Zaiya?" Braze asked.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium
Frolicking About

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya mused more on this information quietly while following Braze Braze towards the table before taking a seat. The kitchen's scents were already mouth-watering. There was this rich, savory aroma, while the scent of steamed rice was delicately floral. Her concerns regarding the Jedi and how they worked temporarily were placed on pause, and the Lovalla teen eagerly took a menu to review.

"What are your favorites? Do you recommend anything? I'm open to trying a little of everything." She'd have to take notes, musing if Aris had ever had dumplings before.

"What are soup dumplings? Do they really have soup in them?" how curious. Her mind was already thinking that they were putting a spoonful of soup in these little dough covered balls. How would they do that without spilling them?

qXrM5Mv.png

"Umm... I don't know what soup dumplings really are... maybe dumplings served inside of or with soup?" he suggested, contemplating the menu.

The attendant nodded with a warm smile. "Indeed, that's correct. Our soup dumplings are filled with savory broth and tender meat, wrapped in delicate dough."

"Oh, I love the tempura eel rolls and the crab rangoons and the yaki soba and the gyoza. I'll just order a little bit of everything, and you can try things out. I don't mind taking the leftovers home."

Braze motioned for the attendant, "We'll have the soup dumplings, please, along with the tempura eel rolls, crab rangoons, yaki soba noodles, and gyoza," he ordered.

As the dishes arrived one by one, Braze's hunger grew. The soup dumplings were brought out first, each one a small, delicate parcel filled with steaming hot broth and savory meat, their doughy exteriors translucent and shimmering.

Next came the tempura eel rolls, a sight to behold with their golden-brown, crispy coating and tender eel nestled within, accompanied by a drizzle of sweet and tangy sauce. The crab rangoons followed, their crispy shells filled with creamy crab filling, each one garnished with a sprinkle of chopped green onions.

Then, the yaki soba arrived, a sizzling dish of stir-fried noodles and vegetables, the aroma of soy sauce and sesame oil wafting through the air. Finally, the gyoza were served, their thin, golden-brown skins lightly crisped, revealing a piping hot filling of seasoned pork and vegetables inside.

Before they began their meal, Braze also ordered them each a refreshing coconut milk tea with ice and a brown sugar tapioca pearl drink, ensuring they would have something delightful to sip on alongside their feast.

"What do you think Zaiya is this enough?"

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium
Frolicking About in Foodie Dumpling Heaven

TddmRqj.png
-

To say this was an amazing and tantalizing spread was putting it lightly.

Zaiya was overwhelmed; but in a good way. Already her mouth was watering at the delicious scents wafting up her nose from the gently steaming dishes. The savory! The sweet! The spicy! The variety of spices and herbs all delightfully cooked, sautéed, steamed, fried, and what have you to bring out the most out of every dish.

“You just might be my new hero, @Braze,” Zaiya exclaimed, clearly easily swayed by her stomach and desire to try as much delicious food as possible.

“Where do I start?” She asked, unsure. There we plenty of sauces to use and she wasn’t sure what would work best to enhance the food or should she try it first?

Why not both?!

“Oh! A tapioca milk tea!” That was the one thing that flared with familiarity. Delight shown brighter on the already glowing Lovalla, enough to cause a few murmurs and gestures their way from other patrons but Zaiya didn’t care. With a wide grin, she recalled how she tried a blue milk version of it with Aris. She’ll have to ask him if he liked dumplings too.

qXrM5Mv.png

[

"Maybe try the soup and dumplings first... I'm sure that's a good appetizer; the pickled ginger can be used as a palate cleanser in small portions," Braze suggested, adding to his previous statement. "I would put the eel sauce on the tempura rolls, and the sweet sauce on the crab rangoons, and the soy on the gyoza," he offered simply, watching her with a pleased expression. "Do you think this will be enough to satisfy you? Or might you like to try anything else?" He teased playfully yet partially serious. This was her reward after all.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

"Oh, this is more than plenty," Zaiya responded with joyful cheer, taking the - wait, what were these sticks?

A quizzing, bemused expression drew over her face, looking for a fork or other utensil to eat.

"Do we eat them with our fingers?" She'd do it, but some of these dishes still had plenty of steam rising off of them. It would be a bit too hot.

"Or do I try stabbing at them with these sticks?" she asked Braze Braze , motioning toward the two smooth wooden sticks that reminded her of hairsticks.

TddmRqj.png
-

qXrM5Mv.png

Braze chuckled softly. "No... They are chopsticks." He reached over and selected his own set, tapping them on the plate to even them out before demonstrating the mechanics to Zaiya. "Let one rest, then hold the other like a pen or paintbrush and pinch the tips." With patience, he guided her through the process, ensuring she understood each step.

Braze gracefully served several items onto her plate from the larger dishes, using his own chopsticks with practiced ease.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

"Alright," Zaiya nodded, studying Braze's technique with the chopsticks carefully. She tried to replicate his movements, but her first attempt ended with a clatter as one stick slipped from her grip. Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment, but she refused to give up, her determination evident in the shimmering hues of orange and blue that danced across her skin.

"Hmm..." She tried again, struggling at first but eventually managing to hold the chopsticks, albeit clumsily. Her experience with delicate cybernetic work seemed to help somewhat, but she was far from graceful.

Despite her awkwardness, she finally succeeded in picking up a soup dumpling. But her triumph was short-lived as she accidentally punctured it, causing the savory filling to spill out. With a pout, she tried again.

This time, she succeeded! As she bit into the dumpling, savoring the burst of flavor, she couldn't help but give a moan of appreciation, her eyes closing shut as her shoulders relaxed and she gave an exhale.

Yup, Braze Braze had become her new foodie hero.

qXrM5Mv.png

Braze watched with bated breath as Zaiya attempted to use her chopsticks. He stifled any hint of giggles or laughter that threatened to surface as he watched her try and try again. "There you go!" he said, his excitement evident as he clapped for her when she finally succeeded. "It's not too hard, huh? You're getting the hang of it! It takes a bit of manual dexterity to get used to, but once you learn, it's hard to forget," he encouraged. "Can definitely help practice your hand-eye coordination too... they say some people can even catch a fly with them."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya gave Braze Braze a half grin, amusement, and wry mirth dancing in her opal blue eyes, "Yeah, well... everything new takes a bit of practice to get right, right?"

Never mind that Zaiya would be incessantly practicing back in her dorm room how to use these chopsticks later on until she could do it well. She didn't want to embarrass herself again. Plus, if Aris hasn't had any dumplings, she needed to know how to use them well so she could show him, too!

"A fly?! Really?"
Zaiya asked, eyes growing wide as she struggled to try and pick up another type of dumpling. This one was round and pink.

"Wait, moving fast with the Force to do so or just as normal?" Zaiya certainly wasn't able to move so fast now.

qXrM5Mv.png

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

"That is crazy to think about," Zaiya added, still astonished by it all. On what the Force could do -- on how good these dumplings were, oh my stars...hrng...

Another delighted moan of appreciation over the dumpling, and Zaiya joyfully chewed. She pondered for a bit on what to ask Braze, curiosity sparking in her eyes.

" Braze Braze , how long did it take for you to learn all that you know so far about the Force?" if she joined would she have to study for months, years, or a decade to catch up?

qXrM5Mv.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom