Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Uptown Girl

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium
Interacting with: Braze Braze

TddmRqj.png
-

The pat on her head felt a bit silly, but Zaiya didn't mind. In fact, she rather enjoyed it. Being able to hug someone was something she had missed dearly. The warmth, the comfort, the sensation of another's breath as they breathed in and out. Even the unique scent of Braze, a combination of sweet rose, rich earth, and that distinct sweaty boy musk, made her nose scrunch in amusement. But she found herself enjoying it nonetheless.

Pressing her cheek against his ear, Zaiya gave him a squeeze, grateful that their heights were not too different. After a second she pulled back, smiling wide, "Just have to focus on what you can do. What can be done. Can't do much about the past, but you can for what is going on now and the future." Zaiya beamed.

Now, as for the question.

"Oh, my mom said friends are like extended family you choose to have. They're the people you care about, trust, and share a special bond with. " She'd told Aris Noble Aris Noble the same when she first met him. "That you want the best for them, and they also want the same in turn."

But what did Zaiya think beyond that?

"So I think being a good friend means to be someone you can depend on and trust. That I take the time to be with you and spend time with you, so that way you don't feel like you are alone." These were all aspects that Zaiya valued in friendship: someone she could trust and depend on, someone who would help her grow while also being there to spend time with her. "That I can help when you feel like you are in trouble but also know that you can also help me in turn. Keep you safe." Zaiya didn't want her friends to ever be hurt, not on her watch.

"Hang out. Play games... just... enjoy each other's company. I think it would be weird to call someone a friend and you don't enjoy being around them."

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

"Surrounding yourself with people who genuinely care, that's what truly matters. For friendship, that means pretty much the same for me. I value truthfulness and loyalty, and that's what I want to be able to give to others and what I would rather have in response," Braze offered, contemplating the concept.

"I think I've said the same thing to Loomi Loomi . I know she's my best friend. The first I've ever had," he added softly. "I dunno where I would be if I didn't meet Loomi... She's the one who made me really want to change. I don't know how to describe it. I was on the fence before if I even wanted friends because I wasn't sure what it would be like to have a real genuine friend. She, uh... yeah... She was nice to me even when I didn't really deserve it. That made me feel different about a lot of things... She came to see me after I hurt my arm too. I dunno what kind of person I would be if I didn't meet Loomi the way I did," he offered softly.

"I don't like seeing people I care about get hurt either, and I'm more than ready to defend others, so you can count me in on that. I will happily protect you, Princess Zaiya~" He chirped happily..

"I'm pretty happy that Ko Vuto Ko Vuto gave me a second chance too. He didn't have to but he was kind enough to let me try again despite everything. " Braze chirped softly. " He made me want to try really hard with Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru despite what she did to me. Shan Pavond Shan Pavond and Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania are really nice too. But I don't think I fit in with them or Makko Vyres Makko Vyres . I always tried to keep up with their age group when I was younger. I never was very good at befriending my peers. But I think you're right... I care about all my friends and I would want to help them out if they got in to trouble. "

He concluded thinking about it all. " I know I'd like to be friends with Aris Noble Aris Noble and Vera Noble Vera Noble and maybe even Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn ; but I don't think I know them very well or know how to be a good friend for them...I think... they have... different.... friendship needs that I don't quite understand. "

He shook his head. " I'm sure you'll find lots of friends though. " He assured with a smile. "You're a sweet kind and nice person.... most people will love to hang out with you. "

Last edited:
BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

By this point, Zaiya had released her hug from Braze and steadily held his free hand. There she stood, actively listening, her soft, attentive gaze gently looking up at the Half-Echani as he spoke. There was a lot to be said, and Zaiya let him. For once, she remained quiet. This was all about Braze right now and listening to what he had to say. Every now and then, Zaiya would give his hand a gentle squeeze of affirmation, and her lips would curl upwards at the corners of her mouth. Off and on, she would give a slow nod, maybe a faster one, in agreement or understanding. All in all, by the end of it, the Lovalla gently twisted her hand within Braze's grasp and let her fingers interlock with his. It was Zaiya's method of showing affection, empathy, and affirmation.

The compliments he gave her were not required, but they did make her flush in a pretty display of abashed hues and a soft golden glow. Shyly, she took it in, but told herself to not focus inward. This was about Braze.

"Thank you... I appreciate you telling me this." Zaiya began, earnestly looking up at Braze with a soft and encouraging smile, "It sounds like you had a lot of people in your life that mean a lot to you. That's great! Cherish them and just do your best to treat them like you would like to be treated and enjoy their company."

Zaiya began to swing their interlocked hands gently, adding, "I only know Loomi Loomi and Aris, but it seems you are doing great with being a good friend to Loomi! She says nothing but great things about you, and I can tell off the bat she cares a lot for you." already a win in Zaiya's book.

"Aris is pretty cool. If you feel like you don't know much about him, just talk to him. Ask him questions! I asked him a lot of questions when I first met him," Zaiya nodded emphatically, thinking about Aris Noble Aris Noble , "I almost thought I asked too many, but he was really sweet and let me chat his ears off -- well, until that one time where I was talking way too much and didn't let him reply, but then he was really nice and just held his finger up to his lips to let me know to take a break. He was smiling at the time, so I know it didn't bug him, and I could feel it too..." Zaiya began to flush as she realized she was rambling again.

"Anyways... Aris likes to try all kinds of burgers, " Zaiya began a mental tick of what Aris liked. " Artistic strength. Things that are not only strong but pretty to look at." The Lovalla began to reminisce in fondness, thinking back on Aris's smile and his laugh that seemed to light up his green eyes. To Zaiya, he wasn't a reserved individual. He was just Aris.

"Art. He likes art." Aris had told her about the murals saved from Panatha's destruction, and his expression when he told her showed that he seemed to really enjoy them.

"There's more, but it would be better if you asked him. He also wants to make friends and learn how to be a good one too! If you let him know that you want to be his friend and be a good friend to him, I'm sure he would be happy to hear that."

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Braze didn't seem to mind the rambling she spoke, which was much akin to his own thought process. He could follow the tangents every which way and appreciated the information she revealed to him.

"Thank you, Zaiya. I appreciate this. It clears up a lot of things for me,"
he said, moving to gently lift her hand, pressing his right cheek against the back of her hand. "But~ We are still learning to fall today." He then stepped under her arm, taking her hand with him and started to pull it back towards her opposite side's hip. She could feel her body instinctively wanting to follow the direction of her arm, a sensation that was perhaps mildly uncomfortable but not painful. "This is the motion you need. We have mats, so it won't hurt to roll from here. Lean forward and roll on your shoulder, go with it..." he encouraged.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

It was good to hear that it helped Braze, but like with Aris, the Half Echani brought her back to focus on what they were supposed to be doing -- learning how to roll.

"Oh, okay, right," the position with her arm was rather uncomfortable as it was unfamiliar, but it allowed Zaiya to see just how Braze wanted her to roll onto the ground with her shoulder. It was easy to follow with how he was pulling her, but again, getting used to purposely falling forward was awkward.

He let her continue the attempt, but she hit her head because she forgot to tilt her head. She gave a small, "Ow..." rubbing her head as she sat on the ground.

"Okay, let me try again...." she said, determination flowing over her patterns in that telltale dark orange with blue, glowing flecks dancing over her skin. The longer she hung out with Braze, the more apt he was to start figuring out what the color combinations meant, especially since Zaiya was so expressive to begin with.

"So, how long do I have to learn all about falls?" She asked, unsure of how this all worked. She stood up, and like a youngling, wobbled a bit as she fought off her fears of having to fall forward on purpose while remembering how to tuck in her shoulder and head so she didn't hurt herself again.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze listened to her and smirked, offering a piece of straightforward advice, "You need to watch your head. You don't want it touching the mat or the floor." He then delved deeper into the essence of learning and mastery. "It depends on the person, how much they want to learn, how much they do learn, and their ability to recover... There's no simple answer to that. Eventually, you'll be able to do it on rough stone, metal, and any kind of flooring. You practice now with mats to help you get used to it. I train until my training becomes muscle memory, then I train until it becomes second nature, and then I train until I don't think, I just react. Then, I train to control that reaction. You don't think about breathing all the time, do you? The goal is to be able to do without needing to think, just as it is needed," Braze explained.

"This is the beginning of a long and arduous journey. Less than 1% of all people can make it to the end of mastering a craft. This is an art form that requires practice, diligence, and dedication. Those who are weak-willed and have little spirit will give up," he continued.

"It depends on you and what kind of person you want to be. Some things are hard and painful, so much so they leave you crying. That is the path to mastering an art form like this. But the basics are the simplest terms and forms to learn. The applications of falling and learning to be thrown, how to fall, or take a hit teach you the most basic ways of defending and protecting yourself. These are essential. To become a practitioner in the martial arts is akin to climbing a mountain on your own. It may start off slow and easy, but you will be tried and find trials along the path. It isn't easy... Can you make it up that mountain? If you do, what do you think you will see or feel when you finally reach the top? Some people will give up or lack the dedication needed. This can kill them. To push yourself to such achievements and heights shows strength of character and commitment. When faced with a real do-or-die situation, you will know you can perform and go the distance."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya... took a seat while Braze detailed his advice. She didn't want to seem like she was ignoring him, so she patiently waited until he was done. Everything he mentioned made sense to her. However, as he continued, explaining that less than one percent master their craft, it seemed pretty daunting.

Ultimately, it seemed that if Zaiya wanted to master defending herself, she would have to put time and effort into it.

"Well... where can I get these mats then? I can try to see if I can find a place where I can practice at the university when I'm not here." Zaiya was trying to think ahead.

"That way, I can make sure I'm sticking to it."

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Braze's demeanor brightened at the prospect. "I can show you where to purchase some mats. However, I do recommend working with a partner, like Aris, or someone else, for safety reasons," Braze added, emphasizing the importance of safety.

"Eventually, you can even turn your rolls into attacks as well. Doesn't that sound neat? I can show you what I mean if you'd like,"
he continued with enthusiasm.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

"Oh, so it is better to work with a partner?" Zaiya tilted her head to the side, pondering. Would Aris Noble Aris Noble be okay helping me? Oh but I can't ask him to come to the university all the time... and maybe going to his house wouldn't be feasible. That would be asking too much.

It was becoming clearer to Zaiya that doing things with friends, even self-defense training, would require being closer than traveling from Commenor to and back. She could ask Dr. Isak for permission, but Zaiya wasn't sure how long that would hold...

A medley of hues would detail her internal musings, but she ended up smiling at Braze regardless. "Yeah, I'd like to see! It will help with understanding how that works with attacks as well."

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Braze's words carried a tone of assurance, highlighting the importance of safety. "Yes, you want a partner around in case you have an accident and injure yourself by mistake," he advised. After imparting this piece of advice, Braze turned to give Zaiya his back. "Push me," he stated simply, his directive clear and devoid of any elaboration, as if suggesting she should just shove him without hesitation. This straightforward instruction implied a trust in Zaiya's ability to follow through.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

Okay, so I'll need to find a partner, Zaiya told herself. If she had to, maybe she could find someone at the university that knew what they were doing? Maybe she could pay someone to --

"Push me,"

It took a second to register Braze was asking her to push him. He had his back to her and had instructed plainly to push him. Wait, push him how? Was her first thought, unsure.

Deciding to trust in his instructions, Zaiya did exactly that, she stepped forward and gave Braze's back a small push. It wasn't anything that would be a straight shove, but it had enough pressure to do so, hand using force right by his shoulder blade.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Braze took a deliberate step forward, his initial instruction seemingly unmet. "No, no... push me like you mean it, as if I kicked a puppy," Braze encouraged with a bit more specificity, aiming to elicit a stronger response. "Go on, just give me a good shove," he urged, emphasizing the need for a more forceful push. His choice of analogy, while provocative, served to convey the intensity he sought, making it clear that a mere gentle nudge wouldn't suffice for the lesson he intended to teach.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya's expression twisted into a puzzled frown, her features contorting in a comical display of bewilderment. Her brows furrowed, her nose wrinkled, and she tilted her head to the side, giving Braze a quizzical look.

"Huh?" she uttered, clearly perplexed by his statement.

"But Braze, you wouldn't kick a puppy," Zaiya responded earnestly, her belief unwavering even though she had only known Braze for a short while. The idea of harming an innocent creature seemed unfathomable to her. Instead of provoking anger in the Lovalla, Braze's words only served to deepen her confusion.

Nonetheless, the Half-Echani conveyed to Zaiya that she needed to do it more forcefully. So she did. She gave him a stronger shove, but coming from a Lovalla, who was less robust than a human, it may not have seemed too forceful.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze leaned forward from the shove, careful to control his movement as his back foot lifted, propelling him into a forward roll. He smoothly transitioned back into a standing position, his feet coming up almost like a kick, using the momentum to spring up from the roll. He was cautious not to kick Zaiya, but it was clear that such a move could easily clip someone in the jaw. Turning towards her, he smirked. "See? It's good to be careful when an attack can come from any angle. This is part of why I wear boot knives into battle," Braze explained. "We can practice falling backwards and to the side now if you're interested in learning how to break a fall... It helps distribute the energy outwards through your palms instead of focusing it all on one point of contact, making it safer for you."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

"Whoa-- boot knives??" Zaiya was stunned, her opal blue eyes darting from Braze's face down to his feet. "All the time?! How does one even have knives in their boots?! What if you hurt yourself or someone else on accident?"

Zaiya raised her hands in a gesture of pause. She needed a moment to collect her thoughts, to rein in the flood of questions swirling in her mind. Taking a deep breath, she reminded herself to slow down, to calm the racing thoughts, and then tentatively continued.

"Okay, yeah, I'm happy to try and learn how to break falls backward and sideways... but whoa, really, boot knives???!"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

He did not presently have boot knives on his feet, as she could tell by inspecting them.

"Yeah, if I know I'm going to fight, I put on all kinds of gear either to help me be more dangerous or more protected. You can even kinda catch sabers briefly like Aris does if you have Saber Breakers," Braze said.

"But you can't do any of that fun, cool stuff until you learn to fall. You're only as good as your basics. If your basics are bad, well... it's like building a poor foundation. You don't want your tall building to come toppling down. Best to make sure you make a good foundation in the beginning and maintain it well."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

All of this was so mind-boggling for Zaiya, yet undeniably intriguing. A puzzled frown creased her brow as she inquired, "Saber breakers? What are those?" She tried to recall what was the last thing she saw Aris Noble Aris Noble noble wear.

"Should I consider getting some gear too? Just in case? -- and if so, what would be best suited for me?" The Lovalla wasn't sure, this was all new to her. She had no concept on what sort of defensive gear there was or what would be best for her to use with her limited knowledge. "I mean... I have my solid-state hologram bangle to craft whatever tool I can program in it, but I don't think that may be the same thing." Maybe she could research it and looking into making some gadgets for herself?

Nevertheless, Zaiya refused to remain defenseless. Her determination was palpable, evident in the shifting hues over her skin and the steely resolve in her expression.

"Okay, let's keep practicing! I want to establish a strong foundation with this first!" With a determined nod, she raised her fist, giving it a little pump as she affirmed her commitment.

qXrM5Mv.png

"Well, I've been delving into all sorts of different studies since fighting is my life. I've been considering making a saber shield or two as part of my path of study. I wouldn't mind teaching you to do the same, and we could make one together," Braze offered.

"Ah, good... Yes, let's continue."
Braze shifted to teach Zaiya how to perform each and every break fall, a front roll, a back roll, and how to face fall, being sure to turn her face sideways so she wouldn't break her pretty face on the ground. Then came throwing.

Once she was comfortable with rolling from standing, Braze would assist her like he had earlier but put a bit more force into it to 'throw' her into the rolls.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

Anything related to technology and crafting immediately lit up Zaiya's eyes, the colors and shades over her patterns swirling with excitement.

"Really?! Oh, I'd love that!" she exclaimed, bouncing enthusiastically on her feet. A leaf fluttered out of her hair, tousled from the constant practice tumbles.

"Okay, just let me know when,"
Zaiya told Braze before returning to her position to continue practicing. Braze guided Zaiya through each break fall, front roll, back roll, and face fall, ensuring she turned her face sideways to avoid injuring herself. She got to a point where she was starting to move more seamlessly with the rolls, although there were a few errs now and then. When Braze became more forceful, Zaiya took a little bit longer to get the rolls right. Once or twice, he had to help her ensure she didn't fall flat on her face when she lost balance.

By the time she was done, the Lovalla was flushed, sweaty, and had strands of hair sticking to her temples and neck. While she hadn't perfected the rolls, she was far more comfortable with the added force and actively remembered to tuck in her head. Her shoulder was sore, and while a little dizzy from the rolls, Zaiya was overall fine.

She stood, her white robe ruffled and a bit grimy from rolling around, but she didn't care. Instead, she had a wide beaming smile. " Okay... so... Question. Should I only practice with one shoulder to roll on all the time or with the other? Or does it not matter?"

Was this building muscle memory just for one shoulder to roll? Or should she also try to do both sides just in case the situation warranted it?
qXrM5Mv.png

"You should practice both," Braze assured. He was still as fresh as a daisy himself, for the most part. This kind of practice was baby steps compared to what he typically did and was far less challenging to him.

"You must practice both sides. You never know in what direction you will be thrown; that's why we went over all the different ways your body is likely to fall and how to disperse the energy and spread it out. It lessens your chance of injury. Mostly, we don't want to be sent flying or thrown off somehow, but if it happens, you don't want to get hurt by whatever you hit," Braze explained. "You plan and practice to be thrown from every angle since you can't control where you may be thrown."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom