Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Uptown Girl

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

dgyijrh-2d32d688-4c51-4554-99f7-ab508c7d39d7.png
Ashlanti Elysium
Interacting with: Braze Braze
TddmRqj.png
-

After a meditation session with Loomi and Braze, the topic shifted to Zaiya's ability to defend herself -- a skill she felt increasingly drawn to learn something about, especially for a typically non-violent species like hers. The discussion centered on the importance of equipping herself with basic defenses to shed the weight of her feeling helpless, being a burden, and aid others in need.

While her instruction on the Force and how it worked was still ongoing - and she hadn't quite made up her mind yet on joining the Jedi - learning a bit of how defenses worked allowed Zaiya to understand a little bit of what would be expected of her.

Not to mention, it also allowed Zaiya to talk to Braze about her idea of making something to protect Aris Noble Aris Noble 's ears from sudden bursts of high-pitched noises. Knowing how important his senses were and that he couldn't touch the Force outside of his body, it was the Lovalla's way of making sure he would be okay in another similar circumstance. Zaiya wanted to ask Braze if he thought Aris would like something like that, or if she was overstepping in making something like that for him. Since Braze knew Aris better, he would be the perfect person to ask right?

Drinking a glass of water, Zaiya made her way down towards the open field area below the massive wisteria tree. Braze told her to meet him there shortly while he went to change. Or maybe it was just so that he could get into something more pretty. He always had such pretty-looking clothing.

It made Zaiya wonder where he bought his clothes and whether the New Jedi Order gave him an allowance.
qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Braze had gathered an assortment of mats, laying them carefully atop straw mats in the open field. He understood that for Zaiya, a novice in many areas, mastering the basics was crucial, especially in self-defense. The soft mats spread out on the ground would serve well for today's lesson on falling. It was a fundamental skill he believed he could teach her, despite his arm only recently having healed.

After uncovering the Ashlanti Elysium, Jedi Master Tirin Raene Tirin Raene and Jedi Knight Valin Zenth Valin Zenth had secured the area. The padawans had rediscovered this long-lost compound, allowing for its documentation and research. Once everything was recorded, the next step would be to refurbish and restore this sanctum to its original splendor, offering a sanctuary from the galaxy's typical woes of war.

By the time Zaiya arrived, Braze was seated in the middle of the mats, seemingly engrossed in meditation. However, he was acutely aware of her approach, his somber jade-green gaze shifting towards her. His attire was simple: athletic capris paired with hakamas, a sleeveless crop top, and a headband, all in black. One arm was in a sling, but the other had finally been freed from its cast following the events on Tython and was now fully healed. Teaching Zaiya self-defense would be an ideal light exercise for him.

"Self-defense is pretty simple when you break it down," Braze began. "Eventually, we'll practice techniques so often they'll become second nature, and your muscle memory will take over. But for now, we'll focus on a different kind of muscle memory that could really save you in a pinch. Learning how to fall correctly is one of the most basic yet essential skills. It can prevent injuries if you're suddenly falling or pushed."

Braze emphasized the importance of starting with stretches to limber up and warm the body before engaging in any exercises. "Being loose helps prevent pain from any mistakes you might make at the start. We certainly don't want to get hurt during practice. Pulled muscles are no joke."

He moved to walk her through a few stretches and did them with her to the best of his abilities.

"Do you have any questions before we begin?"

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

0d4a61d282d9ec256aaf1d7ead01920e.jpg
Ashlanti Elysium
TddmRqj.png
-
Zaiya carefully set her glass of water aside, her attention fully on Braze as he demonstrated the stretching exercises. Mimicking his movements, she stretched her limbs, feeling the tension ease from her muscles with each motion.

As she followed along, a realization struck her – her long, multicolored hair was getting in the way. With a determined expression, Zaiya paused her stretching to gather her hair, weaving it into a single, thick braid. It was a quick and efficient solution to keep her hair out of her face and prevent any distractions during the exercises.

"Yes." Zaiya began, iridescent eyes wide. "Should I have changed into something else?" Zaiya glanced down at the sort of padded robe she slipped on. She figured this would be fine as she was a less robust species and Zaiya wasn't sure what to wear. It covered her arms and hid her patterns, so it felt a lot more stuffy than what she was used to, but the Lovalla was trying to show that she was serious in this endeavor.

Although it was a bit of a struggle. Zaiya wasn't used to conducting this much physical activity. Most of her days in the university were spent in the lab, the library, studying in the gardens, or in her room. She wasn't required to much exercise as her calorie intake was balanced to her growing needs.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze gave her a curious look, scrutinizing her attire. The padding she wore seemed adequate for the lesson. He crossed his arms and tilted his head, pondering her choice of clothing. "Are you wearing pants under those robes?" he inquired, noting that they resembled a skirt more than anything. Braze frowned; executing rolls and falls in a skirt wasn't practical for the athletic endeavors like break-falling. Fortunately, he had a solution. Wearing an extra layer himself, he untied the long ties of his hakamas, the protective outer pants covering his legs, and slid out of them. He then offered them to Zaiya, "Here, take these. I can help you with how they're tied if you need. It's important to feel secure during dynamic movements, and I wouldn't want you concerned about a wardrobe malfunction."

"Generally, for martial arts, you want attire that's comfortable, secure, and allows full range of motion. Nothing should restrict your body's ability to move freely in any direction,"
Braze explained gently. He appeared unfazed by the situation, though it led him to muse if forgetfulness was more common among girls, recalling how Vera Noble Vera Noble had forgotten or misplaced a component of her lightsaber on Tython.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium
TddmRqj.png
-
Zaiya's face immediately felt a hot rush settle over her cheeks at Braze Braze 's question if she had pants under the robe. The patterns on her face shimmered in a deep coral hue, highlighted by a silver luminescence around their edges that betrayed the sense of embarrassment she felt. She had never had any martial training, so how was she supposed to know that one had to wear pants?!

"Umm.. no..." the Lovalla began, playing with her braid, only to become even more mortified when Braze started to take off his pants. Wait - what is he --

Thankfully, Braze had another pair underneath them, not even bothered as he handed her the pants for her to slip on. With utter embarrassment, Zaiya slipped them on under her robe. With how billowy they seemed, it only seemed to make her robe poof out more. Feeling a little more ridiculous, Zaiya's mottled spots only turned a deeper coral hue.

Especially as she did not know how to tie the pants on. "Umm... I n-need help with the ties," She managed to squeak out, playing with the ties.

"I didn't know I needed to wear such clothing... I-I'll do better next time."

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Braze turned away briefly, giving her space to adjust her clothing until she requested help. Uncrossing his arms, he glanced back at her, trying very hard at suppressing a laugh that threatened to bubble forth. "Well, start by tucking your skirt into the pants. Pull the back half up to your waist and grab the back two ribbons, bringing them to the front. Tie them like you would a shoelace. Then, take the front half of the hakamas up and pull it over the tied portion of the ribbons from the back. Slip the front ribbons over and under the sides where the back ribbons are pressed against your hips and sides. Pull them taut. Make sure to neaten up the front and how it's tucked. Wrap the front ribbons around to the back, cross them, and then come back to the front to cross again under the first knot. Now, just make a neat, tight bow after pulling everything taut and smooth," he explained, step by step, mimicking with his own hands what she should do at each stage.

"If you still need help ... I can try to help tie it for you... " Braze offered as he watched her.​

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium
TddmRqj.png
-
Braze's explanation left Zaiya wide-eyed, her gaze reflecting disbelief as she processed his words. "You... you tuck the skirt into the pants?" she echoed, her voice tinged with incredulity.

Glancing down at the pile of clothes in her hands, Zaiya attempted to follow Braze's instructions, but the complex fifteen-step process only seemed to confuse her further. With each passing moment, her embarrassment grew, her normally rosy golden complexion taking on a silvery hue as her coral patterns stood out starkly against her skin.

Feeling utterly lost, Zaiya knew she had to swallow her pride and ask for help. "Um..." Her voice wavered slightly as she spoke, her embarrassment evident. "I-I need some assistance... please," she murmured, her soft tone almost pleading.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Braze regarded her for a few moments before stepping closer. "Here, let me help," he said, gently taking the cloth from her and kneeling down to straighten out her skirt within the pants' legs. Once he had smoothed everything out, it fit quite nicely. He then addressed the back, reaching around her while on his knees, and stood up, pulling the flat koshi-ita (backboard) up to the small of her back. He drew the ties forward, crossed them over, and pulled them taut with enough force that Zaiya might have been briefly jostled forward, but not enough to cause her to trip. He tied them securely at the front, right atop her belly button area.

Next, Braze pressed each tie individually from the front through the parts from the back, pulling them taut on either side with another forceful tug. He adjusted the front to ensure the front panels neatly overlapped the back ties before giving a few more firm tugs to secure everything in place. Wrapping the ties around her back, he almost embraced her as he brought them forward again, starting to tie a taut knot beneath the first. Then, he fashioned the ties into a neat and fancy ribbon bow after gathering up the excess.

Finishing up, Braze straightened the pants out before kneeling once more to work on the cuffs, tying them off in a way that made them resemble traditional hakamas that tapered into cuffs. This adjustment allowed her to see her feet and avoid tripping over the longer skirted portions. After patting her calves where the ties were, checking for security, he stood up. "There we go. See how that feels," he encouraged, eager to see her response to the adjustments.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium
TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya's face couldn't feel any hotter than it did then. She did her best to look out into a distance, on the wisteria tree, while Braze Braze did his best to put the hakama on her to ensure her modesty. Zaiya was grateful, but she also felt embarrassed that she had to be dressed so. No, no, the Lovalla told herself, just focus on what you are here to learn about and to ask Braze about Aris.

After being tugged to and fro now and then, with Braze getting on hands and knees and - oh my stars, what is he doing?! - teenage embarrassment flared. While Zaiya had trouble with personal boundaries, it was something altogether different when a boy was helping her with clothing, even if they were pants that went over her current robes.

When all was said and done, Zaiya gave a squeak in thanks. She did a few stretches and leg lifts. It was snug but not tight and uncomfortable. It did feel rather bulky over her padded dress. She'll have to ask Braze what sort of clothing she should get for next time. Most of her attire consisted of woven dresses with intricate woven yarnwork that were flowy and allowed her to bare her shoulders and arms for effective communication of her color hues. She never considered that she'd have to wear pants.

"They feel okay. Bulky, but I think it is because of the robe underneath." It would have to do.

Glancing back up at Braze, she asked, "Where can I get better clothing suited for this?" At least the ones Braze picked out were pretty and colorful. If she had to wear pants and other robes, she'd rather they at least be cute.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Braze said, "Oh, I know a few places where we can shop for some stuff. I could also lend you some of my outfits; I have plenty."

"Now then,"
he continued as he walked over to stand beside her. "Today, we're going to learn a roll. We'll also cover how to fall face-first without hurting yourself and how to execute a breakfall. Let's start with a front roll—it's the easiest."

He knelt down on the mat, positioning one hand beside the knee that was raised, and then rolled forwards over his shoulder. After completing the roll, he returned to her side. "Put your knee up and place your hands down on the mat next to your foot. Then, look back towards the outside. Lift up with your back leg and roll over your shoulder. Remember to keep your head tilted back to avoid injuring your neck."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium
TddmRqj.png
-
It might have seemed trivial to get excited about, but Braze Braze 's collection of clothing was undeniably cute. If he had something that fit her and looked pretty, Zaiya was more than willing to accept it.

With this newfound enthusiasm rekindling her spirits and gradually washing away the earlier embarrassment, Zaiya gave Braze a determined nod, clenching her fist and shaking it decisively, dark orange hues highlighted by flashes of a blue glow dancing over her skin, as if to signal her readiness to take on the challenge.

"Okay," Zaiya affirmed, though she wasn't the most physically adept teenager, she was determined to give it her best shot. Lowering herself to the ground, she mirrored Braze's stance for a front roll. Knee raised, hands positioned beside the mat—

"Look back towards the outside, keep my head tilted back," Zaiya murmured to herself, as if following a mental checklist. "Lift up with my back leg and roll over my shoulder." Taking a deep breath, she prepared herself.

And then, she rolled forward! However, her execution was a bit wobbly, causing her to flop over to the side instead of smoothly popping back up like Braze had demonstrated. Nonetheless, it was a step in the right direction, and Zaiya couldn't help but feel a sense of accomplishment.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

"Good, let's give this another try. Imagine yourself like a ball; this will help with the positioning of your legs. By arranging them just so, they'll naturally assist you in transitioning to standing," Braze elaborated, his instruction slow and deliberate. Braze demonstrated again, this time more slowly, providing instructional advice on how to stay on course. "You can do this on either side, and even roll backwards, but we'll get to that later. Initially, start from a kneeling stance to reduce both height and risk, facilitating your understanding of the roll's mechanics without unnecessary intimidation. Picture the roll traversing diagonally across your back, starting from one shoulder to the opposing hip, thus avoiding any direct pressure on your spine or neck."

He continued, "As you prepare to roll, lead with the arm corresponding to the shoulder you're rolling over. This arm, slightly bent and extended in front of you, will guide your body's diagonal path. Crucially, keep your head tucked in towards your chest to prevent contact with the ground. Push off softly with your legs, to generate the momentum needed to complete the roll. Use your hands to guide your roll and control its pace."

"Upon finishing the roll, aim to land softly on the balls of your feet in a crouched position, keeping you ready for any further action. As you grow more comfortable with the technique, we'll advance to executing the roll from a standing position."

Braze emphasized, "The secret to a successful roll is to maintain relaxation throughout your body. Tension can hinder the flow of motion and increase the likelihood of injury. Consistent practice is crucial; incorporate shoulder rolls into your routine to develop both muscle memory and confidence."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya’s eyes started glazing again as Braze described the different rolls; she was still new and learning it all. However, once he practiced them himself and showed her, it made it a lot easier to follow.

The first few times from the kneeling position weren’t the best - Zaiya still had to work through the fact she was throwing herself to roll forward on purpose. Once she got over that initial fear, it became easier.

A few minutes of this and she was doing much better. When she finally managed to get to pop up on the balls of her feet, she became very excited. After a few more times the Lovalla became more comfortable with it. She did need a break in between so she didn’t feel dizzy; unlike Braze, she wasn’t used to doing this too long.

During this water break is when Zaiya asked,”Hey Braze, do you think Aris would like it if I made him something that could protect his ears from sudden loud noises? Like against what happened on Tython? Or was his ear damage due to something else?”

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Braze pondered her question thoughtfully. "I think that would be a wonderful idea. I believe he'd love something like that. Are you trained in the construction of such devices?" Braze inquired, his curiosity piqued about her educational background and how it might differ from his own.

"I'm not entirely sure what caused it, but I suspect it was the Sith's scouting ability... Perhaps Air's ears are exceptionally sensitive?"
Braze speculated, considering the possibilities. "Regardless, I think it would be a lovely gesture. Very thoughtful and considerate of you. I'm sure he would appreciate the gesture, at the very least," Braze added. He was meticulous in offering her guidance, making small corrections where needed and quick to lavishly praise her for even minor successes with enthusiasm.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya was shyly pleased over Braze’s feedback. Okay, so that meant that Aris would like something like that. She noticed how troubled he’d been because of it, and the Lovalla didn’t want him to experience something like that again.

“I’m really into high technology, especially cybernetics,” Zaiya explained, taking another sip of water. She had a few leaves sticking in her hair she wasn’t aware of, so it made her look a little silly.

Since I’m a ward of the university and Dr. Izar, I help her out with her projects. My curriculum was created based on my interests and academic level… so I have access to the lab.” She even built her own data terminal and coded a few applications. Her entertainment system at home was set up by her own specifications and a few after market customizations she rigged.

I can see what auditory dampener and sound baffler tech I can find to test it out,” she added, before setting her water down.

Thank you for helping Braze!”

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:

"Wow. That sounds like a pretty good education. Cybernetics? I think they're cool and really amazing for what they can do for people but they kinda... uh... uh... they kinda scare me..." He confessed and laughed nervously, briefly, before composing his demeanor. "That sounds really neat," Braze said. "I think you have everything you need to make a really special gift for a really special someone." Braze teased with a smirk and a wink.

He shifted to step away from her. "Keep trying for a little bit more. I think you're starting to feel how it works... I recommend trying this for an hour each day for about a week with a partner," he advised.

He said, moving to do a few advanced stretches to occupy his own time and limber up a bit more. Braze had no problems touching the floor with the flat palm of his hand, his feet shoulder-width apart.

"Sorry if my explanations are boring," he chirped between stretches, maintaining a light-hearted tone amidst the serious pursuit of their craft.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya cocked her head to the side, quizzingly studying Braze Braze as he began rather enthused then seemed a bit nervous before putting himself together. Was there something wrong with what I said?

However, the Half-Echani managed to get Zaiya to flush slightly regarding his commentary that she had everything she needed to make a really special gift for a really special someone.

Only, it wasn't in embarrassment.
Instead, the rush of pleasure and joy at the confirmation that Zaiya had all the tools to make Aris Noble Aris Noble something extra special was a delight for the Lovalla, prompting an excited shoulder shimmy and a rock of her heels. Opal blue eyes would widen in excitement, and Zaiya followed Braze as he went on with his advance stretches.

"You really think so? Aris is pretty special to me; he was my first friend my age and I do want to make sure he doesn't hurt himself." The chatterbox had been released, excitement thrumming as Zaiya sat down and continued her rolling practices, all the while, chatting and continuing the conversation. Sometimes a bit muffled as she made the rolls, but louder once she popped back up.

"So if I can make something that will help him, then yeah, I don't mind. I just want to take care of him. Like with you and Loomi Loomi now!"
suddenly, her colorful head swiveled over toward Braze, and she asked, "Wait, we are friends now, right?"

The sudden need for confirmation was needed to make sure. Unfortunately, this was just as Braze apologized for his explanations being boring, to which Zaiya immediately shook her head and brought her hands up, as if to say, oh no, no!

"Oh no, they aren't boring. It is just that I'm not used to anything regarding martial arts. Lovalla aren't prone to violence, so this is all very, very new to me. I am very grateful you are helping me, and honestly, once you show me what you want me to do, it brings it all together. I'm more of a visual learner for more physical types of things."

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Braze tilted his head as he slid down into a straddle. "Hmm? Oh, sure... we can be friends. I like making friends. I'd be happy if you would consider me a friend, although I don't think I'm a very good one," he offered. "I haven't been a very good friend to most of my peers for the majority of my life. I didn't really have friends when I was younger. I kind of pushed people away then. I'm happy to be making friends now, and I would be honored if you let me be your friend," Braze said, seemingly feeling a little awkward as he spoke about this. He moved to stand up again and padded over to her. "Are you ready to try a roll from standing, perhaps?"

The idea was certainly a lot more scary than a kneeling roll. It was a lot farther to the ground when one was standing up.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya's expression started with a wide grin and a shimmering radiance, but as Braze spoke, a hint of concern crept into her iridescent blue eyes, mingling with soft greys flecked with yellow. By the time he finished, Zaiya had risen to her feet and closed the gap between them. If Braze didn't object, she would envelop him in a hug, emanating an aura of concern, empathy, and genuine comfort.

"I'm glad you want to be friends," she murmured, her voice carrying softly, the scent of lemon verbena and citrus from her shampoo floating in her close proximity.

"We can learn how to be good friends together," Zaiya added with a friendly smile, wanting to reassure Braze that she was happy to have him as a friend. She could practice her techniques later; right now, she wanted to show him that she cared.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Braze blinked as he was hugged by her, uncertain how to respond at first. Her hair smelled nice, though he hadn't noticed it until she came so close. He awkwardly patted the top of her head with his one good hand.

"Awe... that's sweet of you, Zaiya," Braze offered softly. "It's okay, you don't need to feel bad for me... it was my own doing... I fully acknowledge it. I was a little jerk when I was small. I'm trying to be better." He offered with a soft smile. "Part of me thinks I was so nasty and mean because I just... didn't have control over anything that was going on in my life... I know now that's not an excuse though," he offered softly. "We can be good friends... I like this idea very much..." Braze offered. "What does being a good friend entail and mean to you?" He asked, curious to know what her perspectives and views on the subject were. He didn't delve into this too often or speak about it in such an open manner, so he was very grateful that she seemed willing to talk about this openly with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom