Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Uptown Girl

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium
Interacting with: Braze Braze

TddmRqj.png
-

Both.

"Okay, that's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure," Zaiya replied, giving a quick nod of confirmation. With that in mind, the Lovalla took to positioning herself on the mats again. She started from the sitting position again - after all she had to work up towards standing for the other shoulder - and began to practice rolling.

It was awkward again; her body had become used to rolling on the other shoulder, so there were a few fumbles. One time, she felt as if she hurt her neck, so she had to take a little break. Half an hour later, one very sweaty and now stinky Lovalla sat on the mat, tilting her head back, arms holding herself up off the mat, and breathing ragged breaths.

This. Was. Ex-hausting.

"How... do you do this... all the time?" Zaiya mused. She was sore all over. How can she be sore all over just from rolling??! It made no sense.
qXrM5Mv.png

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

"You get better, and then you don't have to practice as much to maintain it when it becomes second nature. It's a skill you learn, like writing in a book with a pen and parchment. You don't think much about how to draw your letters anymore, do you? When you were little, you had to put a lot of effort into learning it the first time, but now I bet you could write whole paragraphs and all you need to do is think about what you want to write, not how to write it, right~?" he asked with a slightly smarmy grin. "If your neck hurts, I can try to massage it for you if you think it would help. Maybe you pulled a muscle?But I think you did amazing today for your first try... I think I practiced for about an hour a day for about a week and then I had it perfected. "
Braze offered gently, "We can take a break down and get cleaned up and get a bite to eat if you like... oh yeah... never eat before training always after."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

Braze made a lot of sense. Just like how Zaiya spent hours on end working on tinkering with things. As one continued to rinse and repeat, it became second nature, so it wouldn't be as difficult later.

The offer of a massage was immediately accepted. Zaiya's expression brightened and she gave an empathic nod, "Oh yes please, a massage would be awesome!"

Again, having that close proximity and the types of physical contact that relayed care was something Zaiya dearly missed. Besides, who wouldn't want to get a massage?

Then Braze Braze mentioned Zaiya's second Favorite activity; food!

"Oh, eating sounds amazing. Do you know of a good place to eat around here or should we make something instead?"

qXrM5Mv.png

"I don't mind cooking for us," Braze said, kneeling down. "Sit down and relax," he added, assuming she would take him up on his offer. After removing his gloves, he began to gently press into her neck and shoulder muscles. Though the initial presses might have been slightly painful and rough, they soon gave way to more pleasant, circular motions designed to ease the tension in her neck and shoulders. Pulled neck muscles were no joke, and Braze was more than willing to help alleviate any discomfort. "You should do a few more warm-ups and neck stretches next time before you start, okay?" he suggested, applying pinpoint pressure and smoothly working along each muscle.

It was clear Braze had a deep understanding of human anatomy, likely honed from his self-taught skills in sculpture construction and his studies in anatomy. This knowledge was practical, enabling him to understand exactly how to relieve tension and pressure. For Braze, learning how to help someone recover was just as important as knowing how to take an opponent appart.

"But... " he trailed thinking it over. "If you would like to go in to town we can try and find some place new and exciting to try food. " Braze added. "You did great today so I don't mind treating you as a reward. What ever your preference is. "

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

There was no muffling the pleased hums of Zaiya getting a massage until Braze found a particularly knotty spot. Then it turned to a wince and an ow until the Half-Echani adjusted his pressure before it went back to Zaiya lolling her head forward and being as content as a Lothcat again.

"You are good at this," Her muffled voice would say, leaning forward to allow Braze better access to her back, her thick braid falling over her shoulder.

"Umm... I'm happy with whatever. I love to eat," She began, only to pop up her colorful head in excited query, "Oh is there a good burger place around here?"

qXrM5Mv.png

"Thanks... I hurt myself occasionally, and I know it helps to work it out," he offered lightly. "Burgers around here? I don't think so... They have more like little dumplings, soups, noodles, fish things like that. But we can go to the market and get things for making that. It might take a while, I'm not sure they really have your typical bread buns either," Braze advised as he moved down to her shoulder blades and back, utilizing his thumbs. His mannerisms were polite as his focus was on just helping her neck feel better. Once he thought it may have been enough, he paused. "How's that feel? Any better?" he asked with a note of concern lacing his words.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

"Ooo, what are dumplings?" Zaiya immediately perked at the new term. She loved soups, so she was always down to have a good soup, "I'm okay with soup, and I always love to try new things, especially food. Is there a favorite place you like?"

"I'd be more happy to try someplace new,"
Zaiya admitted, smiling at Braze. She rolled her shoulders and gave them a little stretch. A sigh of relief and gratitude fell from her mouth. "Oh, yeah."

With a grunt, Zaiya came to her feet. Bringing her arms high over her head, she attempted a stretch, rising up on her tippytoes.

"This feels so-o much better," she said, rolling her head slightly to the right and left.

qXrM5Mv.png

"Dumplings are little pockets of goodness," Braze explained with a grin, appreciating Zaiya's curiosity. "They're like small dough balls filled with various tasty ingredients, often served in broth or with dipping sauces. If you're up for it, I know a place nearby that makes some of the best dumplings in town."

He watched as Zaiya stretched and sighed with relief, nodding approvingly at her efforts to loosen up. "Glad to see you're feeling better. Stretching is essential, especially after a workout."

With a reassuring smile, Braze gestured for Zaiya to follow him. "Come on, let's go grab some dumplings. It'll be a nice break from training, and who knows, you might discover a new favorite dish."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

Little packets of goodness? Sign me up! Zaiya thought with enthusiasm. The prospect of trying new cuisine already invigorating her again.

"Okay, I'm sold,"
the Lovalla teen replied, flashing pearly white teeth in a wide grin. There was no sense of embarrassment either as her stomach gave a little growl, Zaiya placing her hands over her belly and giving a shrug and then a laugh.

"I guess I worked up an appetite,"
she explained. Then, with delighted joy and a flash of gold-flecked cerulean hues, the colorful teen rushed after Braze, following him closely.

"So, do you have any other tips for stretching or physical training? I'm not really used to doing this. I don't even know how to swim yet, so it isn't like I go out running or training hard outside a lot."
Zaiya added, "Well, I enjoy hikes and walks. I walk a lot."

qXrM5Mv.png

"We can go over a whole bunch of stretching exercises," he suggested, eager to share his knowledge with Zaiya. "I can show you later how to work out your whole body. It only takes a few minutes of time. It's best to get stretched out before doing physical stuff to make sure you limber up and don't hurt something. Jumping right in can get you hurt. "

"Alright, do you want to freshen up or do you wanna go like that? I'm fine with either, really,"
Braze offered, he didn't mind waiting if Zaiya wanted to clean up before heading in to town.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

"Actually..." Zaiya began, her cheeks flushing slightly as she considered – and smelled – herself.

"Would you mind if I wash up real quick? I brought a change of clothes just in case. Do you have a sonic?" she asked Braze Braze , her eagerness evident in her tone. Lovalla were known for their pride in their vibrant colors and always made sure to look presentable, showing off their color-shifting patterns as much as possible.

Since Zaiya's own colors weren't as vibrant as others of her kind, she took extra care in her appearance, adorning herself with ornate hairstyles featuring pretty hair sticks, interwoven beads, and shiny jewelry.

It was a deep desire to make sure she made up for it and looked pretty.

"I'll be fast!" she promised with a hopeful smile.

qXrM5Mv.png

"Sure, no problem," Braze replied with a friendly smile, noticing Zaiya's flushed cheeks and eagerness to freshen up. He gestured toward a nearby area. "There's a sonic wash station just over there. Power and other basic need facilities were among some of the first things to see repairs being made here ."
He wasn't too messed up himself but he knew he liked to be clean when going out to nice places.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

"Thank you, @Braze!" Zaiya exclaimed, her excitement palpable as she anticipated the chance to freshen up. Without hesitation, she dashed forward, attempting to embrace Braze in gratitude. Unfortunately, this time around, Zaiya didn't smell as pleasant—just the scent of well-earned salty, musky sweat.

"I'll be super quick!" she assured him, before darting off in the direction where he had indicated the sonic was located. Grabbing her bag and water bottle, she became a whirlwind of dazzling colors and wide grins before disappearing to get cleaned up.

qXrM5Mv.png

Braze watched as Zaiya hurried off to freshen up, leaving him a moment to tend to his own appearance. With a casual flick of his hand, he loosened his hair tie, allowing his snowy-white locks to cascade freely around his shoulders. Drawing upon the Force, he levitated the tie and the delicate beads adorning his braid, along with the feather tucked behind his ear.

With a focused gaze, Braze guided the items through the air, weaving them gently through his pristine white hair. As he worked, he summoned a gentle breeze with the Force, using it to untangle any knots and smooth out any stray strands, giving his hair a refreshed and elegant appearance.

Once satisfied with the result, Braze deftly re-entwined his braid, securing it with the adorned hair tie and carefully weaving the beads and feather back into place.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

It took about fifteen minutes.

The great thing about sonics is that it allowed Zaiya to shower quickly and spend more time fixing her hair. She put on a Corellian cornflower blue robe with a white blouse. It had a pretty scalloped neckline and left her shoulders and arms bare.

Zaiya took out the scattered bits of leaves from her hair, brushed, and then rebraided her hair into a thick plait. A few pretty hair sticks and clips set it in place, along with a pretty hammered silver necklace with matching tiered earrings, completed the look. A quick brush of tinted lipblam a pink hue and Zaiya was ready!

After stuffing everything in her satchel, the young Lovalla teen swung the strap around her shoulder and came rushing out to meet Braze Braze .

"Okay, I am ready!" she huffed out, her soft leather flats quietly padding over the ground and the grass.

Coming to a skidding stop by him, Zaiya flashed him a smile, a bundle of colorful shades of blues and gold with just a touch of bioluminescence.

"Oh, you redid your hair. It looks pretty," her eyes caught to the braids he wore.

"You like braiding your hair like that. Is there a reason for it?" Zaiya loved doing intricate braids on her hair, but Braze never seemed to change his hairstyle, unaware of what the Padawan braid meant.

qXrM5Mv.png

"Well, I like braids... and this is my Padawan braid; it's longer than the rest of my hair," he said, his voice filled with pride.
He started to walk with her, stretching his arm. "Padawan braids are a significant aspect of Jedi culture. They symbolize a Padawan's progress in their training and are traditionally worn as a symbol of their apprenticeship to a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master. The braids are typically worn on this side of the Padawan's head and are often styled differently depending on the individual's preferences or their Master's traditions," he explained, running his thumb over the black and gold decorative beads, and finally the feather at the end of the tuft.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

"Ohh... so that particular braid has significance?" Zaiya asked, walking alongside him. She had a bounce to her step despite feeling a little sore. The thought of trying something new to eat and having a meal giving her a second wind of energy.

"So what is a Padawan exactly?" she followed with that, uncertain of what it specifically signified within the Jedi. Watching him stretch out his arm, the concern washed over her expression, and Zaiya stepped close to see if he was okay. If he didn't stop her, she would gently sweep her hand over his bicep and arm as if needing to determine herself if he needed any help. If he didn't, it would be fine, she wouldn't take offense, just apologize for doing so without thinking again.

"Is your arm hurting? Do you need a massage too?"

qXrM5Mv.png

"Yes... when we get knighted, they are supposed to cut it off. It's a status symbol within the order and can show that you are being instructed as a Jedi. It's like after being accepted from being an initiate or a hopeful... I plan to keep mine if I get to become a knight once it gets cut off. It's an old tradition. Some colors mean specific things too," he added. "The hairless species typically wear beaded strands instead," Braze offered simply. She shook her head. "No, it's okay... It just felt good to stretch it out a little, ya know?" he asked as they walked.​

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Ashlanti Elysium

TddmRqj.png
-

Okay I’m glad you are okay,” Zaiya replied, giving a relieved smile as her hues shifted in relief. She kept her close proximity walking with Braze as he led them along. It was nice to be going out to eat with Braze; once again the importance of sharing meals and forging closer bonds that way resonated joyfully within her.

Her markings sparked back to a vibrant citrine color in curiosity. So a braid was part of that tradition?

“So all padawan’s have this braid? And what do the different colors mean?” She inquired further curious. She tried to recall if she saw a braid in Aris Noble Aris Noble ’s hair or had it been hidden under all that well kept silver hair?

“What does it take to be knighted? And what does that even mean? Does you role change? Do you have a new job or responsibility to do now?”

qXrM5Mv.png

"It seems like many of the current Padawans aren't really into it these days," Braze remarked as they walked along a mossy path through the woods. "Whether or not you get a Padawan braid depends on your Master. Some folks just don't appreciate the tradition anymore, or they think they're above it for some reason. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to do it."

"It's like wearing a uniform, in a way. It's something specific that others in our Order can see and understand right away what your status is,"
Braze continued, gesturing to his own gold and black beads. "Different colors or decorations can mean different things. I wear these beads to show what I'm studying," he explained before using the Force to levitate a stick from the grass into his hand.

"To become a Jedi Knight, a Padawan has to pass tough tests showing bravery, wisdom, and their connection to the Force. If their Master thinks they're ready, they can have a special Knighting ceremony. As a Knight, you have more freedom and responsibility. You have to follow the Jedi Code, protect people, and keep peace in the galaxy. You might also train others, handle diplomatic missions, or lead Jedi groups."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom