Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade in Progress [MAI]

MALACHOR V, TRAYUS ACADEMY

Many rumors abounded about the new droid that Circe had brought with her for companionship. Some of the apprentices believed she was turning into a droid-lover. Others believed she had purchased a droid for administrative work. But none of those at the Sith's premier sorcery academy knew the truth - Mai was sentient. Cognitive. A free and independent being. One who was paid and whatnot to work with Circe as an employee, not a mindless mechanical monstrosity.

But Circe wished to do some updating of her frame. While rather aesthetically pleasing, the droid body Mai inhabited was rather worn. There were upgrades that needed to be made in order to more adequately make her combat-ready, and thus, Circe had brought her down to the machinist's lab. It was time to combine the Dark Side with technology.

Mechu-deru, baby.

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

Multipurpose Advanced Infiltrator
On first arrival and Malachor V my data banks had displayed any and all information about the planet, mainly how it was now used for a place for Sith magical training. I began to worry as I suspected Circe might want to try and combined Sith magic with my technology, likely leading to more disastrous outcomes than positive. But other notes had help to state this academy also had labs involved with technology advancements. I began to surmise she wished to upgrade my body for more tactical advantages. I could see how this might come in use for defensive measures, though I had no intention of using it against organics unless need be.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Alright... Basic upgrade scheme is going to be simple. We're going to outfit you with a pair of retractable ion thrusters in your back, so you can have a minor level of flight. As well, tractor beams will be put in your palms, giving you the ability to roughly simulate the Force powers "Pull" and "Push." A capacitor system will also be in your hands, meaning that you'll be able to discharge electricity at hostiles as well. I have an idea for another addition, but we'll need to get some work done in order to acquire the needed technology." She smiled, looking over the droid frame Mai was currently living within.

"Is there anything you yourself would like to change about your body?"

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

With each upgrade Circe told me of I became more adequate with the idea of being able to use a simulation of "the force", as well as limited flight abilities. It was clear she wanted all to be wary of any combat with me as a fully functional droid, especially one with a living conscious inside. "One thing I would suggest." I began. "With the amount of upgrades you plan to install it would require a larger, perhaps more sustainable, internal battery. The current one I have is only able to sustain common functions for this body and yet still needs constant charging and replacing. I suppose you have something to suffice for this?"

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"I believe I do." A chuckle crossed from her lips as she reached for something on the shelf - it was a crystal. Unlike most natural or artificially grown crystals, though, this one had been shaped into an octagonal prism with pointed ends via filing. Its purple coloration seemed to almost shimmer and shake, as if waiting for something to happen. "I've been looking for a way to channel energy into a crystal, turn it into a battery of a sort. This crystal was formulated inside a compressor, designed specifically to form lightsaber-sized crystals. I did consider Dark Side augmentation..."

Slowly, she began to chant. As she did so, Dark Side energy began to physically manifest around the crystal. Well, not so much manifest as it did force its way inside the crystal. Several other crystals seemed to fall from the ceiling, surrounding the single crystal and merging with it, filling the crystal's inner matrix of folds with a massive amount of energy. Energy that could be harnessed like that of a battery or power cell. An energy crystal. One that slowly but surely dropped to the floor.
1048576_10201403951160934_919438605_o.jpg
"This... This will be your new power source. An energy crystal, teeming with enormous power, enough to keep you lasting for millennia without needing to be replaced. Connect yourself to a wall cable and we can replace your current internal power supply."

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

My scanners ran over the crystal both before and after it went though the augmentation, or possible upgrade, before she finished explaining its power application. "A synthetically designed power crystal. I find the notion somewhat ironic. Very well." With agreements set I walked over the port and, using an available adapter wire, was able to connect via the charge port on my thigh. "One question. Will it, as organics say, "hurt"?" I asked, while not showing concern in my tone my synthetic programs began to brace for anything.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"It may. Your design, being originally a pleasure droid, was designed to be rather sensitive to the touch of a human or other sentient. However, I'd assume that such contact could be turned off. You've been in that body for long enough to have control over its systems... but partial dismantling will be required of your frame in order to add the tractor beams and other supplements."

Circe didn't want Mai to experience unnecessary suffering, after all.

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

"True as that is, the fact that a synthetic crystal with an unknown power source is being installed could have an unknown side effect." I processed this for a moment before finally saying "Let us begin. I wish for it to be over with as quick as possible. As organics say "bit my lip and give it hell." To help @[member="Circe Savan"] I opened the battery port on my back, just above the bottom, to allow her to make the necessary modifications. @[member="Jak Sandrow"]

"An energy crystal, much larger than this, was used to power droid factories on Geonosis. It'll keep you running for plenty of time." Taking out the damaged battery, Circe began to disassemble it, focusing on the in-depth connections to better understand its construction, and what had made it useless. "The diatium power cells are showing severe signs of electrical damage. The cases are cracked, and some of the wires are short-circuiting, draining the power. No wonder you had to take so long between charges."

But all she needed were the top and bottom terminals. Placing the crystal between the two of them, she reinserted it into the droid's chassis. "How do you feel?"

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

When the crystal was interested the first thing I felt was a sudden surge of energy go through my entire body. Everything became stiff. Packets of date became distorted. Everything seemed to shut down and reboot all at once. When it finished by body had gone limp for a moment. It was during that time my processors finally adapted to the new power source and thus everything was reactivated. I stood straight up, taking in all the crystals power into all proper processing and modulating. I had not realized until later, but the color pigmentation in my artificial eyes had become purple. Looking to Circe I said "All powers circuits are running at optimum efficiency. New processing and in-take has taken into account the crystals new factors and all date is resorted and processed. In organics terms "pretty damn good".

@[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="Jak Sandrow"]

"Good... Considering the damage that power cell had suffered, you were likely running at less than optimal efficiency. But now you have enough energy to run all your systems and more for many years after I'm dead. Now, are you ready for partial disassembly? You'll be conscious the whole time, so no worries - if something goes wrong, just tell me and I'll stop whatever it is."

Circe intended to make Mai very prepared for anything she'd encounter.

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

I had finished unplugging myself by the time she'd asked if I was ready for disassembling. "Shutting down all synthetic nuro sensors." It took a brief moment before I looked to her and said "Complete. Ready for disassembling." I walked over to where she needed me to and instantly stood ready for what was to come next. I only hoped not too many upgrades would lead to an overload of the source before it could be fully used. Still one upgrade was set and more were to come, hopefully all equaling out.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

Disassembly began. The droid body's arms and legs were removed, her torso panels opened up for further examination and upgrading as Circe cautiously levitated her, making sure the arms working on updating her would be fine. "There's another addition you might find useful... Would you be interested in having an adaptor port installed at the end of a retractable cord, one you could use to access security systems or whatnot and disable sentries with?"

Of course, without Mai's explicit permission, it wouldn't be added. She was already being upgraded and modified enough.

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

"That could prove useful enough for infiltration purposes if first attempts with manual hacking proves useless. I will allow it." I simply sat and wait or rather allowed by body to be pulled into pieces while floating in the air. The sensation once all pieces were added would certainty feel odd. In organic equivalents it would be similar to a growth hormone and yet having never taken one. Still the upgrades would give me the advantages I needed for both combat and force simulation.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

Eventually, the additions were complete. Capacitors were installed in the fingers, meaning that she would be able to electrocute persons on touch and from a distance with "Force Lightning." The tractor beams appeared to be recessed circles, located in her palms. They would only work if her hand was in a certain position. The hacking cord was located in her right shoulder - it would snake out and she could grab it with her right hand, quickly inserting it into a datalink so she could perform the hacking action rather speedily. Add in minor updates to servos to increase their power, new wiring for faster reflexes, and Mai's body would be twice as good as it used to be.

Slowly, as the reassembly began, Circe patted her newly thruster-equipped companion on the back. "There you go. Nice and new."

MAI

Once everything was reattached the first thing I adapted to were the new custom fittings. My programing and systems took in every capacity account and fixation added and configured to the installments. I kept look at them while flexing my fingers and feeling the weight of everything added. I stood up, feeling it all for the first time. I looked back to @[member="Circe Savan"] and responded with "All upgrades have fully configured and adapted. I am, as organics say, 'ready to kick tail'."

It took a moment and walked around, firing off small bolts of electricity. Using the tractors to life a few objects nearby. Then using the flight pack to jump very high, landing hard enough to make a small impact point where I did. I simulated a few fighting moves and preformed them in front of Circe before stopped and looking back to her. "I am...one with the force, so to speak." I stated, feeling that was the best organic term to use.

"I suppose so." Truthfully, she wasn't sure what the best term would be... "You've been upgraded to a pretty impressive form. You could probably outperform a Sith Apprentice, maybe even some Sith Knights. You're not detectable in the Force, are capable of using Push, Pull, Lightning, and Flight to astonishing degrees, not to mention can hack droids or security equipment to your side... Your body's perfectly designed for stealth."

Of course, she had no idea someone else was around...

@[member="Jak Sandrow"] @[member="MAI"]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Someone else was in the facility, to be sure. Someone who knew Circe was here.

A shadow crept across a hallway. A computer obligingly displayed recent accessed panels. Camera monitors divulged their secrets. All the minor technical details of the facility were laid bare before the hacker.

A dark form stole into the mechanic room.

He could hear them finishing their conversation. "...perfectly designed for stealth." A droid? Interesting.... Well, no more sense in hiding. I'm among friends, I guess.

"So. She's got 'Force' abilities, hm? Electricity? Hacking abilities?" The figure took off his helmet, revealing the familiar face of Jak Sandrow. "Now you have my curiosity."

@[member="Circe Savan"]
@[member="MAI"]

MAI

My sensors had detected his presence just as Circe did. When he acknowledged me I turned and examined his face, my sensors now being able to pick up traces of the energy field, or force, surrounding him. Another sith or what was classified as "Dark Jedi" were the the reasonable outcomes of my estimation as to what he was. Who he was almost seemed more personal the way my sensors could detected Circe's inner body language changing. He took interest in my new upgrades, making me wonder if he was not part of the band who were looking for me. I simply stood silent to observe for myself.

@[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="Jak Sandrow"]

"Wait... Jak? How the hell did you end up here?" This was the first time in forever that Circe had seen her former husband. "I thought you died after we separated." Obviously to Mai, the two of them had assumedly been together. "So, you came all the way to my lab, here in the foremost Sith academy on my capital world in Sith space, just to meet your ex-wife-turned-Lady-of-the-Sith?"

That... was confusing.

@[member="MAI"] @[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom