Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade in Progress [MAI]

MAI

Multipurpose Advanced Infiltrator
With @[member="Jak Sandrow"] leaving I waited a moment before letting myself out. I surmised that, now with these advancements, I would be able to defend myself better as I journeyed through the galaxy, further trying to understand organics. I walked contemplating what was said and done this day. It seemed organics needed technology just as much as it needed organics to create and use it; case in point @[member="Circe Savan"] needing to upgrade me for her own uses and Jak with his own device. The same for myself if not for the one who created me and letting me become more and more evolved as time progressed. Yet organics also created more organics, via birth or by experimentation; case in point Circe's species. And yet with more organics came war, and with war came the need for machines of war. Droids. Bombs. Old doomsday machines like the Death Star. Who would be left in the end? Organics without a home or more organics to communicate and possibly cause more war with, or technology without a master?

Final Analysis: It is good to have upgrades for anything.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
He shrugged. "Aaactually, I was considering going back to the Lords of the Fringe. Not to be standoffish, but, well, I'm refusing your offer."

Jak made sure there was no alternate to his point. "I'm not coming with you. Sorry." He wasn't, but she didn't need to know that.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"You are being rather standoffish, no offense." She crossed her arms, looking him over. "What can Sith Lady Circe Savan not do for you that the Fringe can? I'm particularly curious..."

After all, she likely would see him again for a long time.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Would? Or wouldn't?

Putting one arm behind his back, holding his other arm, he rocked back and forth on his heels, trying to find the right wording.

"I'm trying to remember. And being around you is actually difficult for me. Being this close to you - even physically - is like someone grating sandpaper on the inside of my brain. So, to answer your question - they can help me remember. You can't."

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"I... Don't understand. We were married, and I spent so much time with you that I know you to such a significant degree... What have you forgotten? I wish to know so I can help you remember... No one should be amnesiac ..."

She still cared. How surprising.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Yeah, about that..." He flipped her his cobalt ring. "I can't remember it. Any of it. And according to Josh, it wasn't the best relationship anyway."

He shrugged. "I can't remember anything after I left Omega Pyre. Nothing. It's all gone, locked away somewhere in my mind. I have some Force ability, and I got my plant stuff back, but I can't remember a bloody thing about you. Or us. Sorry, Circe. It's all gone."

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Yeah... Josh and I don't exactly have the best relationship. No surprise there that he'd say such a thing." She sighed. "What about me imprinting my memories of our time together onto your mind? Would that have side effects?"

Of course it would. What was a different question altogether.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Right now, there was nothing Jak wanted more than to get out of there.

"Um, okay.... No, I don't want your memories. I don't want to be anywhere near you. Go AwAy! LEAVE ME ALONE!" His eyes flared blue for a second, then died down. He shook his head, a little disoriented. "No, no memories; I think there was a reason I forgot them."

He began to edge toward the door, imperceptibly.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"You just experienced a flash." She raised an eyebrow, somewhat confused. "Did you see that or otherwise experience it?" Circe raised an eyebrow, not entirely sure as to what was wrong with him, but realizing that it was quite unnatural.

Very, very unnatural. Almost like... possession.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He turned away from eyeing the door. "Flash? What... are you talking LEAVE MY SON ALONE about?" he asked, briefly bursting into another flash, but only briefly. He shook his head again, getting dizzy...

"Um, I gotta go now," he said, taking visible steps to the door.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"I think it's your mother. She seems to be angry with me... Or merged with you... Or both. Your eyes are flashing blue and you're being very hostile towards me in these sudden outbursts.

As an example, she rewound the security holofootage and played it, showing Jak the interruption.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He studied it from a distance, not really wanting to get nearer. "Um... okay... that's YOU NEED TO interesting and all but APOLOGIZE TO HIM I really don't see... uhhn.... I feel dizzy..." And with a sickening wrench of the neck, he became a speaker for the dead.

"Circe Savan. So. We meet again," said the hollow, guttural voice emanating from deep within Jak. He was poised as if attached by puppeteer strings, and the overall effect was somewhat disturbing - as the voice was most definitely not Jak's, and Jak was most definitely unconscious.

"Would you like to explain why you would abandon your husband in favour of the current Sith Emperor?"

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Technically, he and I were together 'till death do us part.' I died, remember?" She paused, sighing. "I assume you read the holonews abut it?" She sighed, the experience of dying not being very pleasant. At least she hadn't been trapped in Chaos... "I will apologize to him... But what happened? Does he really remember nothing? Or have you made it so?" She raised an eyebrow. Talking with a Spectre was serious business.

She knew from experience with Karin Dorin, after all.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"No. I did not," she said flatly, still in control of Jak. "I would imagine he doesn't, either. You might want to explain the current status of your relationship. And seriously examine yourself. Do you want to continue with him or not? Either way, I think he deserves an honest answer. He hasn't died," she reminded Circe.

Jak's body sagged a bit as she continued, "No, it wasn't me. I have no idea why he remembers nothing, but... he remembers nothing," she concluded. "I cannot do any more for him than you. If you wish, I can remove the block that prevents him from being near you, but that will be up to Jak."

"Examine yourself. You have 5 minutes before he regains consciousness. Think well. This could well determine both your future lives." With that, Jak collapsed, and was out.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"I... I don't know anymore. I don't think I'm the person he deserves." She paused. "Please do remove the block. I would appreciate it." And when Jak fell unconscious, Circe gently took him and brought him to the nearest bed. Carefully, she tucked him in under a fuzzy blanket, ready and whatnot to talk to him when the two of them awoke. When he did, she had some words for him.

Important words.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Jak eventually came to with the worst hangover he had ever had in his life. It felt like his mind had been ransacked and pieces randomly thrown in a pile in the middle. He remembered a bit more; mostly the fact that he was of the Lords of the Fringe, and that he was a hacker. Not much else, though.

Slowly coming to himself, he noticed he was under a warm blanket, and that he was well rested. Waking up completely, he patted himself over. He was uninjured, mostly conscious, and his headache was more or less gone.

Getting up, he looked around to see why he was in bed at all.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Hey..." Circe looked the half-Vinithi who had just gotten up. "You were out for a while there... I brought you into the bed and got you covered up to make sure you were okay. Your mother was speaking to me, using you as a host body." She paused, having difficulty verbally enunciating what she was trying to say.

"I'm sorry, Jak."

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He looked to the ground, slowly realizing what had happened. His mom had been trying to get to Circe, and had only now managed to do it. Well, it was out now.

The words, "It's over now," were right on the tip of his tongue, but he couldn't bring himself to say that. He had to let her speak.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom