Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade in Progress [MAI]

MAI

Multipurpose Advanced Infiltrator
Hearing @[member="Circe Savan"] I turned and said "I do not know if that was meant as a compliment, being that it was from an organic to a machine, but I will interpret it as such." Turning to see the adjustments made my @[member="Jak Sandrow"] I examined the improvements he made and said "Well done. Now there is the matter of securing both the battery and the device itself secured on the organic's back. I suggest a type of quick-to-equip harness of sorts. One that is easier to wear or remove if under fire."

"I'll let you handle that with him, Mai. I have some business to attend to in my stateroom. Jak, I'd like for you to meet me there once the both of you are done. Mai, feel free to connect to the academy's tertiary database. Consider it your home for now, to use an organic's terminology."

And with that, she was gone.

@[member="MAI"] @[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Jak nodded at her observations. "Well, this frame is a temporary mount. It's just to see if it will work. Then we're going to modify it to fit in that," he said, pointing to his suit in the corner. "For now, though," he said, holding up the backpack, "we fit it on here."

Taking a few components from an assortment of spare parts, he cobbled together a seemingly random assortment of doodads. Studying the conglomerate for a while, he pulled off a few pieces, then began to form the rest into a more compact shape. "There. Now, we just push the power source in there, plug it in, and we have a power router."

The gauntlets took a little longer. "Hmm...what if we..." Ripping off the repulsor from a speeder bike, he fastened the repulsor projector plate to the glove of the gauntlet. "You have any more of those?" he said, indicating @[member="MAI"]'s tractor palms.

MAI

I looked to the database holder when Circe acknowledged it before leaving. I bowed, as I knew it to be appropriate when someone was to leave, before turning my attention back to @[member="Jak Sandrow"] and the current progress of his device. Examining where the power source would go and the router I stated "A sufficient action. It will sustain far longer that way." The I watched as he ripped out the repulsion from the speeder before asking for tractor devices similar to those on my palms. "I know where Circe has them kept." I said before walking off to retrieve a few. When I returned I had at least four in hand. "Will these suffice?"

Jak Sandrow

Jak took the pieces with a "Thanks!" and got to work.

Fastening a projector to the front and back of the palm, he adjusted the output, making sure that when the beams crossed, it would intersect in the direction that his palm was facing.
He stood, looking at his handiwork. "Do you have any power conduits? About 1 inch diameter. If not, I'm going to have to look for something else."

Turning back to the pile of parts, he continued rifling through them to look for stuff. "Hmm, lesse, this goes... and maybe.... hey, that's new.... will this... no..."

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

I had walked off to retrieve the 1 inch diameter power conduit, having managed to find at least one among the many size variations, before retuning to see @[member="Jak Sandrow"] rifling through parts. I stood nearby and examined as he was picking certain parts. I began to see while some were officiant enough for the device others would not work as well. I handed him the conduit before saying "I believe I can provide assistance." After a moment, using my knowledge on the parts and what was needed for the device itself, pulled out four other objects to add to the workable ones he'd chosen. The others I discarded back into the pile. Turning to him I said "I believe these are the parts you will need, Mr. Sandrow."

Jak Sandrow

He smiled. "Thanks, again." He took the conduit and lay it out on the ground, to get the approximate length needed. Cutting the cord to length, he attached joining pieces to the end, to feed power to the gauntlets through the back piece.

Fitting more pieces on for streamlining, he stopped. "Wait. How the heck am I going to control this thing?"

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

"You will want to install a trigger o sorts, one on each hand but for the opposite one." I pointed to my own hands to explain "You do not want the trigger to effect the shot you make with the hand you are using So it is better to use the opposite hand in order for it to be used to full capability. O course you will need to test this theory to be sure it works." With that I walked over and retrieved a few scarped beings from blasters and said "I believe this is the right part you'll need." I said after cracking one open and revealing the modified trigger piece.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

He studied the trigger, an idea forming. "Actually, I just got a better idea. We could make it a tripped trigger, if we add a frame to the gauntlet." He showed her what he meant. Taking his right gauntlet off, he quickly cobbled together a crude but effective frame, that he attached to a trigger mechanism.

"Okay, now for the other:" He did so, and eventually was ready to rumble.

"Right. Okay. Trial one," he said, focusing on a can of oil across the room. "Three. Two." He brought up his gauntlet. "One." He pulled his wrist up, focusing on the can.

Blowing him back, he flew into a wall and landed headfirst in a pile of junk.

"I didn't expect that..."

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

"I did." I stated, helping him to his feet. "You put too much pressure on the trigger and extended too much energy. I would have told you, but I wished to see how it would end. I believe organics refer to it as a 'joke'." I walked over and set the can back, as it was knocked away from the air that passed by it due to the shot. "Trial 2." I said to him before walking away for safety.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Not trying to blow it away," he said, standing up again. "I'm trying to pick it up. That's what the tractor's for. The repulsors are for pushing or pulling, depending."

Focusing a second time, he said, "Trial 2." This time the can flew back, not him. "Better..."

"Okay, so if we add a switch here, we can shift between push, pull, and telekinesis," he said, pointing to where his thumb joined into his palm. "I can squeeze it to change settings."

Doing so, he set up the can a third time. "Trial three... third time's the charm..." And he pulled the trigger.

The can lit up with a blue glow, shakily but surely rising to about eye level. Once Jak had lowered his hand, the power cut off, and the can clunked to the ground.

"Still needs some fine-tuning, but I think we have the general idea here."

MAI

"Indeed." I said as I walked over to him. I lifted his arms to closer examine the workmanship and more overall capabilities of the device before saying "Hopefully with enough upgrades it will be far more compact to the point of being similar to that of an exo-skeleton. It will allow for more maneuverability. This current device is sufficient for a prototype of course." I then compared it to the tractor's now placed on my hands from the upgrades I received. "It would seem as if we are one step closer to a union of organic and machine. How many more steps there will be to finally achieve that is....incalculable at this time."

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Actually," he said, taking the frame off, "I wanted to hook it up to this:" He held up his hacking suit. "See, if I can attach it to this, I'll be able to take it anywhere."

He sobered at her statement. "Too true... too true..."

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

My optics helped to scan the hacking suit he held up. "Then you will need to make the adjustments here, here, and here. While also having something to secure it properly here." I showed the points on the device for him to fully know. "I can provide you with the right calculations and schematics, as well as a list of viable parts, to use for that project."

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

Jak smirked. "I would be very happy if you did that," he said, jokingly. "I kinda want this done ASAP. Been hearing rumors of war, mutterings of the people.... that sort of thing. With this... I'll be able to survive."

He frowned a little, studying how the suit was going to integrate the new frame. "I need it to keep it's original purpose, so that's kind of a priority. But do you think I can combine them?"

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

"With enough ingenuity and the correct assemblage it is possible." I stated. I walked over to a nearby consul and began to type out the calculations and create the schematics needed. For @[member="Jak Sandrow"] it would seem impressive that my fingers were able to type up and create so much information in only so little time. Even as I type I looked back to him and said "I find it so strange that organics always find means for war. We....droids are often used for warfare, but that is what those types are designed for." I had almost divulged my actual nature to him. "In the end organics are all the same as a basic level, just as droids are. Why is conflict always a constant with you?"

Jak Sandrow

Jak shrugged. "Well, I heard a wise old saying once: 'As long as there are two people in the universe, someone is going to want someone else dead.' It's just in our nature, I guess."

He sat down on a tabletop nearby, holding the gauntlet, musing. "I don't intend this purely for war, either. I know that's its main purpose, but that doesn't mean it's its only purpose."

He looked askance at her. "What does a droid care about the war anyway?"

@[member="MAI"]

MAI

In hearing his question I went silent for a moment. Before I could figure for an answer or he could pressure me for one the resulted figures, calculations, etc. had all been completed. With everything printed out I handed it all to @[member="Jak Sandrow"] and said "I hope this will suffice in helping you complete your project, Mr. Sandrow."

Jak Sandrow

He eyed her suspiciously. "Thankss...." He wasn't sure if she was being standoffish, or she was just trying to get him out of the way of.... whatever she wanted to do.

"Well, thanks for helping me out, @[member="MAI"]. Really appreciate it. Now if you'll excuse me..." He nodded goodbye, took the suit, papers, and body frame, and left, heading in the general direction of @[member="Circe Savan"].

Upstairs, Circe was sitting in a chair, swiftly awaiting the arrival of her ex-husband. the Sith Lady sighed, spinning around in her chair. "So... care for some work? I currently am looking for mercenaries, or other persons looking for employment. Rather clearly, you look like you need some employment... I assume the Omegans or Republic haven't been too proper with their payment."

A soft sigh elicited from her lips. Jak was someone she still cared about, if only an unknown bit, and she didn't want to see him jobless or without a permanent home.

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom