Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade in Progress [MAI]

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
tumblr_lxki84IM501r2ivw7.gif

He ^shrugged. "I got a few hints you were in Sith space, took a few hits along the way, hacked into every record I could, looked for you ONLY... and I was right. Here you are."

He shrugged again. "Truth be told, this is business strictly, actually. I need you to help me make something. Something similar to what you did for... what's your name?" he asked the droid.

@[member="Circe Savan"]
@[member="MAI"]

MAI

Multipurpose Advanced Infiltrator
When he approached and asked my name I felt it better an answer with a more forward approach. "I am the multipurpose advanced infiltrator. Or MAI for short. And should it be within Circe's permission and my own expertise I would be willing to assist in constructing whatever grand designed weapon you have."

@[member="Jak Sandrow"]
@[member="Circe Savan"]

Jak Sandrow

"Oh, it's not so much a weapon as much as it is a tool. Like what you have, only for people like me."

He walked over to a table and brought out a holoblueprint. "This is what I want to make," he said, bringing up the image. "It's similar to what you have, only a lot more advanced. And precise."

He zoomed in on the palm gauntlets. "These are what channels what I call... the Farce. They are a more precise, more functional version of the stuff you internally carry, MAI. What I want to do is take a tractor beam (a more precise version), and couple it with an antigravity generator. You know, the ones on starships and such. Anyway, it should project a field around the object that allows for precise lifting, pushing, pulling, or lowering. Whatever. And, the piece de resistance - it's attached to... some sort of brain wave reader. Something that, when you think a certain way, i.e. you will it to move, it picks up on that and feeds it electronically to the actual systems. I think it's kinda neat."

MAI

I observed all the blueprints and imagery he showed, understand the concept of what he was making. I eve stated it out loud, saying "You are attempting to create a device that will, more or less, mimic the force that Sith and Jedi use. Though impressive as it is it capabilities will be limited compared to a normal force user. It is said they are able to move very large objects with the force, in some cases entire ships. To try and overt that amount o power into this device would overload an organic brain and cause serve trauma leading to inevitable death. There is also the concept of seeing the future but I believe that would be a more incomprehensible power to mimic given the..." I began to, as organics would say, drone on more about the concepts used for the project and how there were certain calculations to consider when trying to expand on @[member="Jak Sandrow"] 's force mimic machine. I did not realize how I was sounding to the organics in actuality. @[member="Circe Savan"]

Jak Sandrow

"Yep. The 'Farce'. It's for usages in places where using the Force would be detected. I think it's a very cool idea, personally." He nodded as she listed the limitations. "Yeah, it's limited in large stuff, to be sure. And it's nowhere near as powerful. But then again, I didn't want it to be powerful, just effective. In close quarters, this thing is gonna pack a powerful punch. So yes, big things are out of the picture."

He squinted at her when she mentioned seeing into the future. "Whoever said I want that? Naw, I just want telekinesis."

"So. You think, with your obviously extensive knowledge of electronics, etc., think you could help me with building this?"

@[member="MAI"]
@[member="Circe Savan"]

MAI

Looking back to his blueprints I said "If you wish for this device to work you may want to make a few re-calculations here. Here. And here." I pointed out the areas where it needed improvement. "I can also offer a few alternatives to the flux of power from the battery into the equipment." After consideration to his proposal I looked to @[member="Jak Sandrow"] and said "I accept your offer and will assist in anyway I can." In turn I looked to @[member="Circe Savan"] to here her answer.

"Let's help him out. He and I still have business from a while back to further discuss..." A soft sigh elicited from her lips as she looked Jak over. "I assume you're looking for a rig similar to Mai's? Tractor beam palms, capacitors, that sort of thing? You wouldn't have come to me otherwise..." It was true. How he had come all the way to Malachor... confused her. Greatly. No other words could truly describe it.

Well, at least she had backup if things did go awry.

@[member="MAI"] @[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Jak Sandrow

"Yeah, looks like this:" He showed her a simulvid of it in use. "Something like it anyway. And no, I don't think I would have come but for this. You were the only person I know who could do this, who'd have the resources I need."

He looked askance at her. "Think you can do it?"

@[member="Circe Savan"]
@[member="MAI"]

MAI

I watched the simulvid as @[member="Jak Sandrow"] showed it, observing the weapon in question at its work. I took into account movement, energy desperation and manipulation, and everything else that would need to be accounted for when creating the device. When it was finished I stated "While the device would not be as elegant as my own, due to the fact it cannot be built into an organic, the process has been calculated and seems within capability with the available resources." I turned to @[member="Circe Savan"] and said "It is, as you organics say, 'easy as pie'."

"It's okay, Mai... You can use the term 'meatbag.' I'm sure he doesn't mind." She chuckled. "You wouldn't mind if little old Circe called you a meatbag, would you?" Well, he was made of meat, and she was a plant, after all. No one could call her a meatbag.

No one.

Jak Sandrow

"Not for me. I'm not entirely meat, nor entirely plant. Sorta in the middle." He turned to them. "So... where's all the stuff? The tractor beams, repulsors, etc. Where do you keep it?"

@[member="Circe Savan"]
@[member="MAI"]

MAI

"Meat-bag?" I asked, trying to process the term. If she was trying to say that @[member="Jak Sandrow"] was nothing but meat that was not entirely true because, in actuality, humans were mostly made up of water. He had stated it fine enough when saying he was neither mainly meat or plant. Still I preferred referring to the organics as just "organics" due to the many variations. When he asked about the equipment I waited until @[member="Circe Savan"] divulged where they were before assisting in gathering the necessary pieces for the device.

"Of course. Meatbag. The famous word of former assassin droid HK-47." She smiled. "Alright, let's get the parts out for your device. Mai, if you'd be a dear and open that footlocker up, there should be some spare parts there from your upgrade lying around. Jak, are you ready to construct this device?"

A smirk crossed her face. Today was most unexpected.

Jak Sandrow

"Yeah, good to go when you are." He went to find some power tools.

Coming back with an assortment of tools, he selected a metal cutter. "Right, so first thing we need is the backpack frame." He cut out a goodly sized backpack of metal. "Second, two gauntlet sheets." He cut two more, smaller sheets. "These are gonna need to be bent around the forearms."

@[member="Circe Savan"]
@[member="MAI"]

MAI

Hearing the need for the forearms of the metal pieces to be bent into shape I took the liberty of using my body's advanced strength to do so. My hands were careful enough to not bend it too out of shape, fitting the requirements as needed. "There you are." I said, handing both pieces to @[member="Jak Sandrow"]. I looked over the backpack frame and said "I believe you'll want to place the battery here, instead of where it was on your original schematic. It will allow for more mobility when attaching the energy cords from it to the gauntlets." I turned to @[member="Circe Savan"] and asked "Where is the proper energy battery for this unit? I feel I should handle it in case of any radiation leaking."

"Actually, I have a better idea..." Smiling, she stepped towards the place she had formed the crystal in, noticing a small shard that had broken off during the energy crystal's formation. Picking it up and holding it to the light, she smiled, noticing that energy still pulsated through the shard, a clear color unlike the corrupted purple crystal that now powered MAI's droid body.

shard-8296_1920.jpg

"Try this."

@[member="Jak Sandrow"] @[member="MAI"]

Jak Sandrow

He carefully took the shard. "I dunno... I did calibrate the design for a normal battery pack. Anything lighter, heavier, or more or less powerful's gonna affect the performance." Nevertheless, he set the shard aside, possibly for use as a backup unit.

"Okay, I'm gonna need two miniaturized tractor beams, and three repulsor generators. Would you happen to have any old speeders lying about?"

@[member="Circe Savan"]
@[member="MAI"]

MAI

"Give me a moment." I said when he asked about needing the tractor beams and repulse generators. I walked over to the same ones that were used on my upgrades before showing them to him. "These should suffice." said, putting them down near everything else. I looked over to the crystal that @[member="Circe Savan"] had suggested for usage as a battery source and took a closer look myself. "While I agree it is more efficient, I have to take @[member="Jak Sandrow"]'s advice in that the power source needs to be larger to compensate for the the early designs bulky nature as well as the feed back between the source source and the tractor beams."

"True... I suppose you have a point - the bulk will help countereffect the other issues of the tractor beam itself. You, being comprised of metal and with a far more integrated rig, require no supervision in that way whatsoever."

A compliment? Perhaps...

Jak Sandrow

"Okay, so once we get it tested, I'm going to need to mount it to a certain rig I already have. Do some adjusting. Stuff like that."

He began to cut the panel to better conform to his back. "Something like this."

@[member="Circe Savan"]
@[member="MAI"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom