Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travel to the Maze: A Business Summit

"Cybernetics are simply a personal interest of mine," he replied. "They're responsible for my being here today. The things that they can do are quite fascinating, and I'm sure they've saved many lives. My company will likely never get into the business, there's little need for biological enhancements and replacements with droids, but as for myself..."

He paused, raising his left arm, its mechanical nature covered by synthetic flesh and fur as he balled his hand into a fist and tapped on the metal chest rig. "I may be in need of something a bit newer soon."

[member="Labkahip Mordulla"]

Prepare for your... examination.
Lab placed her hands on her hips in a sarcastic manner, "I can see that, did not even need my eye scanner to glean that, but yes cybernetics, even if sometimes that are uncomfortable and have 'some' minor problem are an amazing addition to the medical world". "Replacing external body parts, internal, making people see better, think better, yes sir Mr [member="Errreembuhr"] they are quite the feet". Her eyes continued to view the man as he raised his arm, the limb being quite something of interest, "a possible replacement? that may be possible when the time comes". It would be nice to get back into doing medical stuff herself, spending a bit much time away from the operating table.

[member="Errreembuhr"]

[member="Vanessa Vantai"] | [member="Darth Zurvan"]

Suppose? Really. Mel did not smile she merely looked ahead, "Then come ahead." Another runner found her it would seem that there was someone else looking to speak with her too. Well...she wished she could be triplets.

Ok...so...how to do this.

"Bring the newcomer to me we can talk until the other arrives." She could do this, she could multitask, and then there was [member="Miel Tevv"] also looking to speak with her. Hopefully she would get to them all before the end of the day. "Also find me some water in a clean glass." She didn't want the paper ones that were circulating about she wanted to feel the weight of the glass in her hand.

Adelram Thul

Azrik The Condottiero
Azrik waited patiently until one of the servants returned. "The Duch'a will see you now." He gestured down the hall. "Right this way."

Azrik followed the man until they arrived in the audience of [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"]. "Her highness the Duch'a of Cherubah, Lady Melanctha Dallamoor." He said introducing Azrik to her. "Azrik Prometheon of Ession, Businessman, investor and aristocrat." As the servant spoke, Azrik bowed with great formality.

"I would like to thank you my Lady." He said showing her the respect a host of her prestige deserved. "I have come to discuss a business venture I wanted to invest in here in the Rifle Worlds. I was hoping you be able to help."

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melanctha Dallamoor"]

The shuttle of Vanessa Vantai would soon land, guided to a landing bay near the D'ucha's location. She smiled, stepping out of the ship and completely ignoring the perpetuating lightsaber still at her waist. The Gun of Command had been transferred to her quarters for further examination. Once she was given the opportunity to speak with the Hapan representative, she would enter into the conversation with the highest level of Charisma it was possible for her to muster.

"Ah, D'ucha Dallamoor. A pleasure to finally meet in person. Would it be possible to get some tea?"

[member="Darth Zurvan"], "Business venture you say." Business was good she wouldn't turn away the right people, "Tell me what you have in mind. "

Just about then [member="Vanessa Vantai"] also turned up, "Welcome. Tea. Certain" Mel motioned. "I am currently double booked. Mr. Zurvan here has a proposal for a business, and you wish to receive a reward."

Mel wanted more than tea.

"Please sit and consider what reward you would like while Mr. Zurvan and I speak together." Patience. Passive. Practice. Breath. "Where shall we begin?"

"Oh but then my manners do you two know each other?" Just in case. cover it all.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Vanessa sat down and pondered over the circumstances behind the request for a reward. To have recovered the Hapan flagship as used by Isolder himself for decades was certainly a reward worth a great deal. Perhaps the exclusive rights to manufacture and sell Hapan craft outside of the Consortium's borders? That was certainly an option. She looked over at Darth Zurvan - he wasn't familiar to her in the slightest. "I can't say I've met him, no."

She would bide her time and wait to ask.

[member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] [member="Darth Zurvan"]

Adelram Thul

Azrik The Condottiero
Before he could continue [member="Vanessa Vantai"] arrived, apparently here to receive an award for finding an ancient ship that held sentimental value among the Hapan Nobility. However there was no reason to become unpleasant about the interruption. "You know what tea does sound." Azrik said with a smile. The Duch'a seemed a little over extended, but Azrik was patient.

"No I am unfamiliar with..." Azrik trailed off looking at Vanessa. "... Whoever this fine lady is." He honestly had no idea who see was. But Azrik changed the subject back to his business proposal, turning back to the Duch'a [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"]. "Recently my father passed away, leaving me his estates in the CSA. As his fortunes have been left to me his sole heir, I was looking for a change in scenery. The Rifle Worlds are safe here in the transitory mists and and has a developed industrial base. I was hoping I could build a facility here on Cherubah. Since industrial sector here is strong and people used to this kind of work, I could not find a place more fitting." Azrik continued. "We will be manufacturing smaller luxury based star corvettes, and possibly star fighters and ships logistical in nature. Of course these ships will be made available to Hapes, production lines will bring tax revenue and jobs. And I'm willing to conform to The Consortium's safety and legal standards." He finished his proposal with a smile.

"Not for my arm, no," he replied to the twi'lek, though he considered the possibilities. "I have others. Things inside of me that needed repairing and replacing. And of course, this control panel. I may need something a bit more resistant to electronic attacks. If that may at all be possible. I will admit I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to cybernetics and how they work in an organic being. Droids and ships, though, I could speak about much more."

Oeana had reviewed the pamphlet, updating her Lady on what she needed to know from it before she'd stopped looking at it. "I will get us some champagne," the Red Lady had finally said, waiting for a reaction in Asteria before she'd moved to one of the vendors, requesting two glasses and waiting for them when she noticed someone to the side was looking for her. Without thinking too much about it, Oeana had smiled to the stranger before she'd looked around, curious about the ground there when she'd noticed a face which held the attention of the guests.

There was a thing about being a Red Lady, the second-ranked one at that in the complete hierarchy. Learning about relevant figures and groups as part of their business and right now, Oeana was recognizing the Dutchess of Cherubah, a noblewoman of Hapes. It was a good thing she'd looked up faces and relevance on the planet before they had arrived even though the Red Lady still didn't have business on their planet. The Near-Human still knew her Lady had interest in the planet and they'd already discussed the possibility of reaching out to the Hapans about opening a location there in the future.

Filled glasses were soon placed in front of her. "Thank you, Oeana had told the staff before she had returned to Lady deWinter, giving her a glass champagne before she leaned slightly forward. "The Duchess of Cherubah, Melanctha Dallamoor is present," she whispered to the blonde, her head turning in the direction of the beautiful woman as discreetly as possible. Though Red Ladies only noted nobility ranks to a point, with Lady Asteria Oeana learned there was much more relevant to it. Asteria wouldn't want her going over to a Duchess and summoning her to her, it would be disrespectful. So this, as an alternative, worked far better.

She'd waited for her personal assistant to return with their drinks, taking the glass as it was offered in her hand as Oeana leaned in and informed her of the presence of Hapan Nobility, her emerald gaze traveling where her assistant had glanced towards. The woman she was shown was currently engaged in a conversation with another figure. Lady deWinter had taken a moment to observe the situation. The conversation and the blonde hadn't immediately noticed an aide at the noblewoman's side but she could see an officer of sorts unoccupied at the moment.

"Speak to the officer in the near vicinity of the Dutchess. Let him know Lady deWinter would like to discuss future business once she is available. Do not interrupt her," Asteria instructed her assistant, reaching out her vacant hand as Oeana gave her glass, leaving her shortly thereafter to approach the officer. "Excuse me. Lady deWinter requests the time of her Grace, the Dutchess of Cherubah once she is available," Oeana had informed the man as she'd looked to [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] for a moment before glancing back to her Lady to let the officer know exactly to whom she was referring to. "It pertains to a possibility of future business on Hapes," the Red Lady continued, sure she'd been understood. "Thank you." Leaving necessary information, Oeana left the man, returning to Asteria to take back her glass, both of the woman now taking a slow sip of their champagne.

Gaining a chance to communicate with a Hapan noble was exactly the reason Asteria had found interest in Hapes, very much interested in expanding her business in the future. It was a wonderful planet yet complicated in their own right so even the woman knew that it would have to be done carefully and respectfully, which Asteria had every intention of doing.

Prepare for your... examination.
"Ah, so you are in need of surgery, I am rather skilled in that area, I could see why you would look for someone with a specific expertise in such a field, one that I so have". It was one of the problems with cybernetics, though able to make you faster smarter better and stronger they constantly required maintenance, repair and ultimately upgrading. "I have not been to busy recently [member="Errreembuhr"], if you need to go under the knife just give me a call, unless you would like to arrange something here and now"? Would be much easier then making back to GE space only to have to turn around and come back.

[member="Vanessa Vantai"] | [member="Darth Zurvan"] | [member="Oeana Janin"] | [member="Asteria deWinter"] | [member="Labkahip Mordulla"]

They were on Hapes but she would forgive him such an error she was certain all Hapans looked the same to offworlders. He wants to build in the Rife Worlds a company that makes ships. "Mr. Zurvan I would need to see your business plan for such venture, how you plan to staff the facility, and where you will get the materials." She wanted to make the best deal for the Queen.

That would require a little more than Hi I have money want to build something. She nodded, "I'm sure if the conditions are properly met that there would be no blockages to prevent you from moving forward with chosing a planet that would sustain your factory here in the Consortium."

Another blip on her datapad she looked down Asteria deWinter she did not recognize the name but it did have a elegant flair to it that would hint at some knowledge of manners and propriety.

Mel looked to Vanessa, "Are you thinking of a reward?"

In Umbris Potestas Est

"Yes..." She said, having finally determined precisely what reward she wished for returning the Song of War​. "Hapan warships serve solely in the the Consortium. I would like to change that and receive the rights, on behalf of my company, to manufacture modified Hapan starship and starfighter designs for the purchase of the general public. The designs I am thinking of are far out of date compared to your current crop of ships, after all." Her intent was already to try and improve upon the ​Song of War's​ design, as well as the Miy'til fighter and bomber samples she had acquired, but this would be a way of making such official.

"I would even be willing to provide samples of such ships to you as well - it would be my pleasure to fit your warships with our weaponry and create new forms of the Battle Dragon that would be even more effective than the current generation."

Adelram Thul

Azrik The Condottiero
"That can very much be arranged, my lady." Azrik responded. "In terms of employment, skilled laborers will be filled by Hapan citizens as appropriate to social status, management will staffed by women of appropriate status. Offworlders will be those few in number, mostly engineers, head scientists, and corporate officials to represent the firm." Business was business and the deal had to be appealing not just to the Hapan Nobles, but beneficial to the people as well. "Raw materials will be brought down the Corellian Run from CIS space, to manufacture the ships of course. And I can provide details to ship designs as soon as we finalize them."

Looking at [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"], he hoped the Duch'a would find his answers suitable.

Suddenly the Consortium was the place to be for ships. She looked at [member="Darth Zurvan"] the proposal seemed sound. "The Consortium would hold the right to remove you and your company from our space if you are found to be unfaithful in our deal and we would confiscate everything. Additionally 5% of your company profits to be given to Hapan treasury as a gesture of good faith" it meant he would work hard.

Now as for [member="Vanessa Vantai"] ,"you want to use our designs fine. Consortium will take 10% if your profits on all ships sold in the private sector based on hapan design. We can negotiate a refit deal in our current fleet as reward to show our support and gratitude for return of the Song of War" It meant that she would pay for use if the design.

She looked from one to the other.

In Umbris Potestas Est
"That sounds suitable." She said. "Ten percent is not a significant sum, though I assure you that sales of Hapan-based starships will definitely prove to be beneficial to more neutrally aligned powers - the Free Worlds Coalition navy in general, as well as some... other associates." Perhaps the Sith would be able to get some sort of use out of the Hapan tech - the ability of the Battle Dragon to use the tracks the turbolasers had been on to fire SBeams would allow the ship the ability to swiftly dissect corvettes and frigates with ease.

"May I have a list as to the equipment currently in service with the Hapes Consortium?"

[member="Vanessa Vantai"]

"It is not a significant sum but I am counting on that you produce a quality design that interests many and therefore selling a great many. " It was a risk but Mel would take it and it would help the Consortium in the end.

She looked at [member="Darth Zurvan"] he seemed to be mulling things over perhaps considering how direct she had been. There was little she could offer at the moment and credits were needed. Rebuilding the Consortium needed funding not that she'd sell her soul for it but she'd make enough of a profit to be noticed by the royal family, and put herself into a position of value. Something all hapans enjoyed.

A meeting was being arranged with [member="Asteria deWinter"]

In Umbris Potestas Est

"Oh, a powerful design made while maintaining the traditional Hapan aesthetic? Of course." She said, smiling. "I would be more than glad to manufacture such for the Hapans, the Free Worlds Coalition - and far more." This was the opportunity of a lifetime - to be the one outsider capable of reaping the unique designs of Hapan starship technology. Perhaps this would allow her new avenues.

Certainly there was one before her now.

"A surgery at this moment I think would be less than opportune. After all I doubt many of the guests of this conference would appreciate getting blood all over the floor."

It's intended as a joke, of course, but given the robotic tone of his translation software and the inability of Wookiees to make facial expressions that other species could recognize as anything other than threatening, it likely doesn't come off as one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom