Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travel to the Maze: A Business Summit

Cass smiled. It was the only response to his whisper, but then, it was the only one needed.

She honestly hadn't expected him to walk with her personally just now- he was working and Cass wasn't generally the clingy sort. That did not mean, however, that she did not accept his proffered arm readily. Settling beside him, they started to moved side by side, arm in arm, through the slowly swelling crowd.

"Adascorp? Hmm."

Medical, military work intersecting with bio-engineering. Until recently one of their scientists would not have been much use to GenPals, but with the roll out of their personal security line, well, that was very interesting information indeed. And of course some of the work going on at 01 wasn't *strictly* about engineering creatures, anyway.

"Do you have a moment to point him out? I would be interested in finding out just what he might be seeking out in.... new employ."

Her smile shifted ever so slightly into a smirk before returning to its more usual warmth.

[member="Itash Mecetti"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
The ships would eventually make it to the planet of Hapes. Vanessa would open up a hailing channel that would likely reach [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] on the world's surface below. "This is Vanessa Vantai, representing Defiance Consolidated Multipurpose Manufacturing. Sorry to be late, but we went fishing in the Mists and found something that belongs to you. Could I please get in contact with the Hapan representative to discuss the return of your flagship?"

They were likely within range of orbital defenses, and the Song of War and Ablution​ both were visible now.

[member="Cassandra Paige"]

An inclination of the head followed shortly after that.

"Certainly." The connection with his men deepened for an inch, before Tash softly changed the direction of their walk to accommodate the new information that was being fed to him. As they walked they were left mostly to themselves, oh, there were nods and smiles alright. But it didn't really move further than that and Itash was fine with that. It was one thing to pull Cass into his job, but also paying attention to these other people?

Far too much for him.

"How are you feeling, Cass?" That one was softer, leaning in a bit as they traversed the crowd. Then they paused near a pillar and rested there, but the angle of the vision was perfectly aligned to suddenly see the Arkanian.

Platina hair, eyes like snow and claws for fingers.

They were rather... disturbing in their own right, but brilliant scientists. "He's rather eccentric." Tash added helpfully.

"Just fine thank you," she murmured with a smile. "And yourself, Lord Mecetti?"

It was a very bland response, considering. After all, she'd had an arm and a leg butchered by a mad creature. Not to mention the psychological aspect of seeing those things eaten in front of you. But here was hardly the place, and even if they had been in private, well. He had been her caretaker for the first month after that had happened, and he had seen a side of her that she hadn't even known existed herself. Frustrated. Helpless. She had hated it. Hated the person who had made her act so small. As she had recovered enough she had deliberately pulled back on those moments where she could- because she did not want to be associated with that if she could help it.

They paused beside the pillar as she studied the alien in question.

Barely resisted making a face.

"You meant the species, not simply someone from Arkania. You know I prefer humans at my facilities," she said quietly.

While she did business with plenty of aliens, that was different from having to look at them day in and day out. Not to mention the fact that Cass had opinions about the general trustworthiness of non-humans. Arkanians were humanoid, but that wasn't the same.

"I assume you have already run him through the initial Didact checklist?" Referring to the process all GenPals potential employees went through. Legally, they couldn't run a background check before hand, but Cass didn't really care about that. He'd never know, thus it was harmless.

[member="Itash Mecetti"]

[member="Cassandra Paige"]

Oh, Itash was quite aware of her opinions on non-humans and in essence he had to agree with her.

For the most part anyway.

But there were always exceptions to the rule, highly competent genetic scientists who weren't snatched up by the next bio-engineering company? Well, that was one of them as far as Tash was concerned. "Of course. A few red flags, but they are the usual ones that you dictated us to avoid." He shifted his body an inch to ease the posture, while studying the Arkanian as he was fervently typing something in his datapad.

"A lack of regard for ethical concerns, penchant for rather extreme experiments, most definitely someone on our quiet list." It was a list that grouped together all those brilliant scientists that they couldn't very well hire publicly.

That was where Junction 01 and similar facilities came into play though.

"Throw him some funding for some of his own pursuits and he will be as happy as a kitten." More often than not it might be profitable for GenPals as well.

"Errreembuhr," he replied, being sure to keep his grip light enough to not crush her hand. "Owner and CEO of Embers Ordnance, Droids, and Design. It's a pleasure to meet you, Lab. I wasn't with the Metal Lords when they held their conference on Corellia, but I agree it would have been much easier to get to. Are you one of the speakers for the event, or simply attending to make connections and learn as I am?"

[member="Labkahip Mordulla"]

Prepare for your... examination.
"Well, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance [member="Errreembuhr"], my name is Labkarhip Mordulla, CEO of Mordulla Manufacturing, small arms, armor and medical tech, recently went in joint business with Sasori operating from Rishi", she remarked shaking back. She made not real attempt to her her affiliation with the Galactic Empire, but at the same time was not just going to spurt it out, if the Wokkie had good understanding of the galaxy he would know Rishi lay in Imperial space. "As you say I am here on contract work, the FWC have been good trading partners in the past, my company supplying a small short blaster to loyalist forces and militia that they where unable to divert proper military factories to supply for" "Though I must ask, what connections are you yourself looking for"?

"Mmm," she said absently, her attention distant. On the Arkanian? Perhaps. "Just remember, Tash. Kitten's have claws."

The one nice thing about the cybernetics? That tiny line of three marked scars on the back of her hand were gone now.

They approached casually. The conversation was circular, but the Arkanian was quick- no one could accuse this particular man of stupidity. A scientist, a researcher, but keen and not stuck in book knowledge without awareness of more. No one said anything explicit, but by the end cards were exchanged with promises of further discussion on the matter, the Arkanian very keen to know just what was on the table. Enough to interest him, for certain.

As Cass and Tash made their polite and smiling goodbyes, the scientist watched them go. And wondered. Ah, he would find out soon enough, a trip to Etti IV in his future to 'discuss' details. The combination of biotechnology and security, well, that was his bread and butter. He just wondered how in the world those two had joined forces to begin with. If ever there was a pair of companies that seemed utterly incompatible, it would be GenPals and Didact.

And yet....

[member="Itash Mecetti"]

"Ah yes, Rishi," he replied, understanding her affiliation by the location she gave him. It was something that gave him pause, but in business, you often worked with people who didn't share your ideology. And if the twi'lek was a friend of the Coalition, perhaps she could be a friend of his as well. "When I was just a crewman on a freighter years ago I traveled there a few times for exonium pickups. It's a beautiful planet. As for connections, it never hurts to have friends across the galaxy. Governments come and go, affiliations change, but business is constant."

[member="Labkahip Mordulla"]

The two stood there for a moment as the Wookie seemed to think thing through, hopefully not resulting with a broken back and ripped limbs, but maybe things would be a bit different, not like the Galactic Empire was ecstatic to have her around, being a Twi'lek and all. "Well, that is a rather interesting stroy, myself was just a traveling medical doctor of sorts, explored much of the galaxy in my youth, so getting here was not much of a problem". "My company though was acutally given to my by the Galatic Empire after a Miners Horror attack the Rishi space station, them recognizing my medical profession and how I helped deliver a proton warhead into its mouth to kill it".

[member="Errreembuhr"]

[member="Vanessa Vantai"]

A paige working communications took the message from Vanessa Vantai not know what she wanted he moved through the crowds of the conference to find the D'ucha who was trying not to look uncomfortable as she attempted to duck into the darkness of the hall for the speaker.

But alas it did not happen.

He caught her, "Ok, let's go and find out what this is about"

She knew a few off worlders but this woman was not one of them. Sighing heavily she walked back the way she had just come to go to the communications center. "Ok return the hail."

Mel stood silently extending her neck to appear taller keeping her passive face, "This is D'ucha Dallamoore how may I assist you?" If they were lost oh welll...if they needed something else, she wasn't sure she would accommodate them, but first..she knew she must listen.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Melanctha Dallamoor"]

"Ah, yes." Vanessa said. "D'ucha Dallamoor, I believe I have something that belongs to you. We went fishing in the Transitory Mists and discovered something I believe you would like returned to you - the ancient Hapan flagship, the Battle Dragon Song of War​. I would be most interested in returning this ancient, damaged vessel to its rightful place within the Hapan navy as a gift - perhaps a token of sincere intentions, as I am most interested in striking up business relations with the Free Worlds Coalition."

That was a fair way to start things. Putting her own holographic transmission on pause(though allowing her to hear Melanctha's response), she contacted her crew on board the wreck. "What have you found?"

"Not much." He said. "A couple ships in the complement. All Hapan make. We also found a strange gun lying on the floor of the main bridge. Would you like us to bring it and the craft over?"

"Yes, please bring samples over. And have that gun delivered to me personally." With that, she returned to hear any response Melanctha had made.

"[member="Labkahip Mordulla"] that sounds like quite the tale," he replied. "I've never seen a Miner's Horror for myself, but I've heard stories of them. Even a few travelers with claims that they single-handedly destroyed one or two, but rarely from reputable sources. In any case, congratulations on that success. This company of yours, you mentioned you do medical work. Anything in the realm of cybernetics?"

His question was both of a business and personal nature. Cybernetic enhancements were always in demand, especially with conflicts across the galaxy. Replacement limbs, artificial organs, things that both saved lives and enhanced them. His own experience, the replacements that kept him alive and operated even now within his chest and skull, it made the mechanics of them a personal interest as well.

Miel had found a sort of brief safe haven socializing among some of his fellow representatives from more exotic worlds. They had all agreed these Hapans were diplomatic enough, but when dealing with humans there was strength in numbers as the old Outer Rim adage went. Over the brief course following their arrival, the Sullustan had somehow managed to lose his deputy director in the crowd. It did not concern him overmuch, intermittent bursts of raucous laughter could point him in Nathanos' direction easily enough.

Rather, he was somewhat worried that his friend's free spirit and presumptuous attitude would wear thin on the wrong dignitary. It would not be the first time Darksword's wit landed him in trouble, and he was here not simply as a representative of SoroSuub, but the working people of Sullust. So as much as he found himself enjoying conversation with some of this sector's locals, eventually he forced himself to peel away and track down his rogue business partner.

"Nathanos!" Director Tevv called out, catching the Hapan's attention, "A word, if you please."

"There you are, Miel my friend," there was a pleasant slur to his deputy's words that strained the boundaries of social drinking, "I had forgotten how much I missed the Cluster! Did you know that very lovely young woman just there has offered to 'reeducate' me on certain matriarchal customs-"

"Yes that's very nice," Miel answered, not really paying attention to a word Nathanos was saying, "I think its time we meet the Queen, don't you? That is, while you can still speak in complete sentences."

"Yes, sir! Director, sir!" his subordinate saluted smartly, sloshing his cocktail as he did so, "Now, have you been practicing the courtly bow I taught you? Remember, its Duch'a on first greeting, and then your majesty after that. I've never met [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"], her rise was after my time, but you're a male so best to be on the safe side and keep your gaze lowered. Speak only when spoken to."

While they were maneuvering their way through summit dignitaries, Nathanos paused suddenly.

"In fact," he said, physically scrutinizing his Sullustan friend, "Its probably best if you don't speak at all."

When they finally caught up with the Queen's entourage, it was apparent that she was in the middle of some sort of official call. Robbed of their opportunity for the moment by Miel's delay, the two whispered to each other as they wandered by and resolved to circle back around in the hopes that they would find another chance again soon.

[member="Vanessa Vantai"] | [member="Miel Tevv"]

The coloquial terms used by the off worlders was a bit irritating. The message from someone saying they had gone 'fishing' really how would one fish within the mists. Why could she just not say they had found something that they wanted to show her, or inform her that they had. Mel tried not to roll her eyes.

But now at the mention of the Song of War she had to admit the woman had her attention. Well now..what do you say to that D'ucha Dallamoor, "I would be interested in seeing this ship to validate that it is what you say." Never take someone you never met as telling the truth. "If what you say is true then I'm sure we could find something that we be mutually beneficial to us both."

The Song of War was it possible?

A tap on her shoulder was almost offensive Mel turned giving a questioning look, "D'ucha I believe there is a group following us also wanting your attention."

All of a sudden Mel was the belle of the ball. Well great.

"Find out, let's deal with as many as we can. The sooner we do the sooner I can sit down and observe." She liked people watching.

In Umbris Potestas Est

The ship moved well within range of the planetary stations. That was deliberate. "D'ucha Dallamoor, please have the sensors on your station scan the Song of War​ to verify its identity." The Ablution​ was visible as well, the samples of ancient fighters having been transferred to her ship. One of the boarding party members came to the bridge and handed her the gun. "This, Lady Vantai, is the gun we found."

She looked at it, thinking about the situation before firing the weapon at the bridge floor. Nothing happened - it did not shoot a bullet, ricochet, or do anything at all. "I have a theory as to what this is... You. Stand and face me." She said to a stormtrooper who was a bridge guard. She aimed the weapon at him and pulled the trigger. Instantly he seemed to grow somewhat stiff.

"Alright... take your helmet off and pick your nose with your pinky finger." The stormtrooper did so - or at least tried to, as his gloved hands were too thick. "Return to what you were doing before I shot you." He walked back to his guard position, helmet still on. "Sweet Sith... a Gun of Command. This... this could be quite useful." She thought.

Reopening the channel with the D'ucha, she smiled. "Do we have confirmation?"

"Yes it was a very crazy ordeal to go through, lucky that I made it out alive, even more to to be allowed to start a company on the world, but as for my company and cybernetics" "Well we have not done anything just yet about it, currently working with Sasori on portable medical bay, though I personally have done work with cybernetics, mainly on patients but also in my spare time with experimentation, why do you ask"? She had a very good idea about that, involving the Wookie himself, but she did not want to assume anything, well just yet anyways.

Though come to thinking more on the subject it may not be a bad business to get into, war not only brought the need for weapons armor and medical supplies, it also warranted the need for dealing with limb and body replacement and enhancement. Actually that was something else she had made plane for with Sasori, though it was more to do with Twi'leks and other Lekku species, it was a good start though and may lead to even more contract in the future if things went well.

[member="Errreembuhr"]

Well now she had the communications station relay to planetary security to scan the ship. She waited trying not to appear impatient she looked down, "confirmed"

Imagine that a piece of Hapan history returned to them the Song of War. Amazing. Won't the Queen Mother and her protege be pleased. "You have my attention [member="Vanessa Vantai"]" Now what did she want for it. As much as Mel did not want to she was going to have to invite this woman down to discuss the ship.

"Perhaps a visit to the planet would give us opportunity to discuss the ship and how you found it" plausible right? Fishing did not really explain anything other than throwing bait out and bringing in a fish. She couldn't imagine they threw out bait and got a ship.

In Umbris Potestas Est
"I suppose such would be suitable." Vanessa said, smiling on the holocall. "if it's alright with you, and you can transfer the clearance codes, I would be more than glad to land in a shuttle and travel to the planet's surface. If you could send out a Battle Dragon or other ship to tractor in the ​Song of War​ for repairs, that would allow my crew to focus on other things." She turned around. "Prep my shuttle for departure."

It was time to see what she could get for this ancient wreck.

Adelram Thul

Azrik The Condottiero
A fine jet black ship came out of hyperspace, a small personal corvette, however it registered to a private corporation in CSA space. Officially it was here to do business as the summit here in Hapan space. Disarmed and and uncloaked it made a casual approach to the Business summit before touching at the accompanying space dock. A black robed figure emerged from the ship and walked over to the Hapan security officers.

"Greetings sir." One of the Hapan officers said.
The black figure gave a quick bow. "Officers, I am Azrik Prometheon. Businessman and contractor form Ession." Azrik said, then pulled down his hood to reveal his blonde hair and blue eyes with sharp facial features. From his Robes he handed the officers his credentials and Identification Card. Hapans were known for their formality and Azrik was polite as possible. "I want to thank The Duch'a and @Ra'a'mah for the invitation to this esteemed event." The guards checked over everything as Azrik spoke, seeing his was a Business contact for Ra, nodding they cleared him through security.

"May I ask for your intentions for tonight's Summit?" One officer asked.
"Yes, I am here to speak to the Duch'a [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] personally if her busy schedule will allow it." Arik smiled.
The guards looked at each for a second and one nodded. "We will call ahead. She should be handing out phamlets" The officer speaking to him said. "One last thing however, we did not get the official register or name of your ship."
Azrik smirked as he looked down at the ground for a moment, as if he was hiding something. "Black Mercury." The finally slipped from his mouth.
The officers nodded and then allowed him to pass.

After a few minutes he reached the entrance to the summit. A lavish building that spared no expense, and showed off the opulence of the Consortium. With a straight composure Azrik found one of the waiters and asked very formal if he could see the Lady Dallamoor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom