Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Training with Thoughts Elsewhere

dd1rgzs-7b6c69d2-3669-4160-8af8-5922dff738ec.jpg

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble Lief Lief

Blasters rang in her mind. The tens of soldier's corpses littered the ground around her, a figure battling a jedi with extreme ease. All of these flashed in her mind as she swung her lightsabers around, blocking training bolts from some fast paced Marksman-H training remote droids. She had taken seven of them and set them to fire at fast rates with only the sting function active. She knew the risks of being exposed to multiple hits, that's why she wore her repaired armour. The white Duraplast and Armorweave suit allowed her fast movements with a fair amount of protection. Each droid shot missed by her lightsabers just struck the armour, leaving her safe. A small console was linked to the droids, showing the amount of bolts fired, tracking the amount she dodged and deflected compared with the ones that hit.

Kinhaes had been training for over five hours straight so far. A usual sight for the padawan. Masterless, she had only her first master's teachings and advice to shape her training. Her reformed lightsabers even held some resemblance to his. Whilst the yellow crystal was the defining difference to his own, her use was vastly different. Her old master was precise, careful in his strikes and movements. Hers were erratic, fast and devastating. A far cry from herself when in his care.

The console chirped and beeped rapidly a few times to call off the droids. With a sigh as she stood up and glanced at the console, Kinhaes felt frustration in her stomach. '89% of targets deflected. 5% avoided. 6% hit = 94% accuracy. 5% margin for error.' Kinhaes glared at the screen. She had been practising none stop. She had to be ready. Ready for the battles. The pain. And that Sith. The one she can't avoid.

Taking a breather, the young padawan sat on a bench, the sphere droids landing on the ground gently, ready for the next bout of training.

There was a certain spring in Eliphas Dune's step as he made his way through the Jedi Temple on Coruscant in search of an empty training room to practice in. He'd told himself countless times now that he'd reach out to Val for some specialized lessons, but truth be told he hadn't had the time. And poor Starlin Rand Starlin Rand had been run ragged by him lately, his poor Master was due a break and the boy knew it.
So he'd take it upon himself to continue his studies with the blade. Where once he'd been hesitant, since he'd been taken as a Padawan, and since his confidence had been bolstered, he'd felt all the more encouraged to improve himself. He wanted to learn more, he wanted to grow.
Well, here he was. The first three rooms he passed were noisy, clearly people were practicing within, but the fourth?
When he came up to the fourth it sounded quiet. So he opened the door without giving it a second thought and whistled his way across the threshold. Light and airy and comfortable in his training garments, it took him a moment to even notice the training remotes on the ground.
Even longer to spot the girl.
By this point the door had closed behind him, and he was left fumbling with a beet-red face.
"Oh, uh... Sorry. Thought this place was empty."
He should leave, right? Was it weird if he didn't leave? She looked frustrated. More than that, sweaty, exhausted, she'd clearly been at it a while. He tilted his head a little to the left, wondering why she was pushing herself so heavily.
"What have you been practicing?" he inquired, glancing to the deactivated droids. "Shii-Cho?" Deflection worked for Shii-Cho basics, but she seemed a little more exerted than that. "Shien?" His eyes lit up at the thought of that, and he lifted his head back up to regard her. The colour in his cheeks deepened. By the Empress, why didn't he ever know when to shut up?

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
It had been quite some time since Valery last set foot inside the Coruscant Temple. Rebuilding efforts were still ongoing but sleeping quarters and training rooms were already available so especially the younger generations of Jedi could continue their training without too many obstacles. But after some rather difficult and demanding times, Valery found herself looking for private training more often than before as well. She was physically in the best shape of her life but she felt something was lacking in the coordination between body, mind, and the Force.
So rather than sitting still to meditate and think about it too much, she tightened up her ponytail, put on her training shorts, tanktop, and made her way down the hallways of the Temple with the hilt of a double-bladed lightsaber in her hand. It was just a training weapon she used to reconnect with the weapon she had once primarily used — all in preparation for when her new weapon would finally be built.
Stepping past the first few training rooms, Valery heard they were occupied and continued until she reached the fourth. There was no training happening in this one. Or at least, not anymore; she just heard an ongoing conversation and one voice, in particular, sounded familiar. It had been quite a while since she last saw Lief Lief but she certainly hadn't forgotten about their first meeting.
But as much as she wanted to drop in to say hi, she wasn't one to intrude on anybody's privacy and decided to head into the fifth training room for now, which was empty as well. She booted up her own intense training program, ignited the two blades, and got lost in the rhythm of her movements and combative exercises.
As always, the Jedi Battlemaster was enjoying herself during her intense training routines.
n0m34qi.png

Last edited:

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble Lief Lief

Kinhaes' head shot up when she heard the padawan's voice. She hadn't really been paying attention to her surroundings when calming down. Too many thoughts in her head tended to prevent that. A sizeable amount of sweat crawled slowly across her forehead, her breath laboured. When asked if she was training, Kinhaes shrugged. "Yeah. Wanted to get some in before I took a break or was called somewhere," she said, her hands gripping each other. She had been training like this for a long time. Since the battle she was in.

She wasn't really allowed to go. It was more of a sneaking out with someone giving her a lift into battle. She wanted to prove herself. To show how far she had come. But, she lost her original lightsabers in the process and took some injuries to both her pride and body. The armour she wore barely held the damage together. Blasters, she could handle. Lightsabers, likewise. But a Slugthrower rifle. That was alien to her.

When asked about her Forms, the young Zabrak gave a small sideways nod to her right before sighing. "The form I got from my master. Mostly a Jar'kai Soresu with ties in both Shien and Djem So that I added in later on," Explaining her mixed and highly varied form style was a bit to put in simple terms. It wasn't really a full form. "I use a Shien style of combat versatility on Blasters and Lightsabers, with some Soresu emphases on some counters to give me more openings..." Kinhaes voice almost was breathless. Going five full hours on this training was straining her. But she couldn't simple sleep or meditate it off. The whole reason she was doing this was because of that.

"What about you?" Kinhaes asked, her voice curious, "What form do you go for?"

He could feel the fatigue and for a moment it lay heavy on his limbs too as he drew upon the empathic abilities he'd been trying to hone into. Damn you Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok , in that moment Eliphas wished he hadn't tried. Glancing around the room, he spotted an unopened bottle of water and raised one hand. It took a little bit of focus, but he soon enough had it drifting across the room and into his hand.
Telekinesis was something he'd very, very slowly been coming to grips with. There was the odd time that it had come in clutch, that he'd reached for it without much thought, just necessity, such as when they'd been accosted at the pitstop, but mostly he still had to, well... Force it.
He offered the bottle to the girl with a kindly smile of encouragement. "Looks like you've been at it a while, miss. Much longer than I'd manage I reckon." That wasn't difficult of course, he was still a fledgling in comparison to the majority of his peers. A baby as Starlin Rand Starlin Rand so affectionately liked to claim.
Her explanation of the amalgamation of forms had his brows rising. He'd done some reading into them, and insofar as he could tell some of it seemed akin to Niman. It was a flexible form, allowed the practitioner to draw upon many of the others, and what's more Jar'kai was pretty well linked to it. Dual sabers.
Neat.
Eliphas struggled to even maintain control of just one.
"That's uh, a lot," he said with a chuckle. "Dizzying, even." He shook his head when she turned the question back on him. "Oh, I uh... I'm still new to the whole Jedi thing. I've had a little bit of training in Shii-Cho, but, well, not in a setting like this." Nope, a hangar bay... With his Master and a former Sith no less. Yeah, best he not yell that part loudly to the crowd.
"How long have you been with the Order?"

n0m34qi.png
Surrounded by a group of probe training droids, Valery had created quite a chaotic scene with all of them firing together. But she was the Eye of the Storm and danced between the onslaught while the twin-blades of her weapon flourished in patterns around her body to deflect the incoming training bolts. With the sheer amount of incoming fire, it was impossible to focus much on accuracy, but that was hardly the emphasis of Soresu's bladework.
She simply focused on maintaining calm and finding her rhythm in the exercise which, despite not having used this type of weapon for 2-3 years, was going quite well. Having used a double-bladed lightsaber for nearly 3 decades prior to her time in stasis, she had developed so much muscle memory that it was easy to get back into it.
Eventually, though, it became time to end this particular exercise, and Valery abruptly removed one hand from the hilt, so both arms could be extended out to form a barrier of Force energy around her. They shielded her against the training bolts and from that same stance, she finally released all the energy outward to blast the training droids away.
Most were simply knocked back a few feet as a result, but a couple slammed into the walls a bit harder than she would have liked, causing a fairly loud bang to echo through the room and hallway.
Whoops.
Yeah, she forgot that with her recovery, her strength was quickly returning too. Oh well, better to find out here than during a training session with a young Padawan.
n0m34qi.png

Tags: Lief Lief Valery Noble Valery Noble

With her Lightsaber Forms explained, Kinhaes easily understood the padawan's response. Whilst most stuck to just a single or two forms in their complete states, swapping between them, she had augmented her forms together to gain the best traits of each and nullifying their flaws. Which resulted in a highly defensive and Counter Strike orientated style. Her master taught her Shii-Cho when she was still his apprentice. That was a long time ago. Her eyes glanced at her sabers, both styled after his own. A constant reminder to train and to do her best.

At the question of how long she had been with the Order, Kinhaes thought. "Well, I was taken in by some early practitioners when I was six. Then I was trained by my master for four years after that. Since then, I've been on my own," Kinhaes' voice trailed off at that last part. The flashes in her mind of that day striking her conscious mind. Red and Green clashing in a terrifying dance of death, with the ending being the first time she had lost someone.

Kinhaes was about to ask Lief Lief about his Master and if he trained with one yet, when a hard strike hit the wall behind Kinhaes. Rocketing out of her seat, the Zabrak pulled her lightsabers into her hands and ignited their golden blades. Her reflexes had taken a swift defensive stance when startled or jumped by an opponent, the former being the culprit this time. Taking a moment to calm herself down, Kinhaes flicked her sabers off, before striding out of the room to see what had caused such a large bang. It was like when she had used the most amount of Force strengths she could against a MAW Soldier. The battle she shouldn't have been in, yet it was the most teaching battle of her life.

Standing at the entrance to the room Valery Noble Valery Noble entered for her own training, Kinhaes looked around and saw the droids against the wall, small markings along its surface indicating what happened. "Everything ok in here?" Kinhaes asked, her face half concerned, half amazed. She was strong, able to use the Force with its more Raw power, untamed and destructive. A Force push from Kinhaes was like a speeder to the chest, but seeing the droids on the ground, she put two and two together. "Got too into it?" Kinhaes asked, knowing what it was like to get lost in the training, like a battle around you.

Six...
Boy, that really put things into perspective didn't it? By comparison he wasn't even really a fledgling, more like a damn tadpole. He had only a few months worth of Jedi training under his belt, at this rate he likely wouldn't make Knight until he was well into his middle aged years. The idea was more than a little daunting.
It was the last thing she said which stuck with him, though. "You don't have anyone to guide you?" he asked, voice so soft it seemed as though perhaps he was afraid to even ask the question at all. Was he imposing himself too much on her? Seeking details he had no right to know?
Before he could say anything more, a blast in the room beside them took them by surprise. The girl's immediate response was to jump up with both sabers ignited; Eliphas stepped back from her, brows raised, and watched as she swooped past him and out into the hallway. Well, at least she'd be prepared if anything actually bad happened.
For his part, the boy was a little slower off the mark. He didn't even really reach for his saber, he just trailed behind and peered in to the next room from behind the Zabrak's shoulder.
When he saw who lay inside though a great big beaming grin pulled at his lips. The air around him seemed to shimmer with a certain warmth through the Force as he did so, though the boy didn't realize it was happening.
"Master Noble!" It had been a while since he'd seen or heard from her, so the surprise was a welcome one indeed. Slipping past the Zabrak girl he approached the Jedi Master and bowed deeply toward her. It was she who was responsible for bringing him into the Jedi, she who had made sure that it was actually what he wanted and not just something that was expected of him.
She'd never have anything but his utmost respect for that.
"Droids not cooperating?" he asked with a slight chuckle, glancing at the various probe droids which had been scattered about the place.

n0m34qi.png
A breath of air escaped Valery's lips as she stood in the center of the training room, droids scattered on the floor around her and the training weapon lowered down by her side. Her body was quickly calming down from the intense training she had forced herself back into, and a hand came up through the long hair that had fallen in front of her face.
It felt good to feel strong and energetic again. For months, she had been slowly deteriorating under the effects of some experimental parasite that was placed within her, but now she was back at full strength, and that took some getting used to.
A hand came up to recall the droids she had flung against the wall but footsteps behind her drew her attention instead. She turned around to see The Dark Inquisitor The Dark Inquisitor standing in the door opening and tilted her head at the question, which clearly confused Valery for a moment. Then she realized that the Padawan must have heard what had happened moments earlier, and a slight chuckle followed.
But before she could answer the young woman, another Padawan stepped into the room, and this one was quite familiar. It hadn't been that long ago that Valery visited Lief Lief on Empress Teta and brought him into the Jedi. He was a very respectful student and this showed again when he approached her to offer a bow.
"Padawan Dune, it's good to see you again," She smiled, dipped her head into a bow, and adjusted her tank top a little before she looked between the two Padawans. Normally she would have locked her training room, as her routines were a bit more personal and she didn't exactly make herself too presentable for young students, but she must have forgotten in her excitement to be training again.
"Nothing wrong with the droids, I've just been training to get my strength back a little — it was just a small accident. I hope it didn't interrupt your own training though." Valery said with a somewhat apologetic smile.
"I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you before either. I'm Master Valery Noble." Valery said, now with a bow of her head in Kinhaes' direction.
n0m34qi.png

Hearing what Master Valery was doing, Kinhaes could understand. Training hard was all she ever did. Her knowing Lief Lief was a funny plus. Must have been trained in the past, or got introduced into the Order by her. She was introduced through someone trying to rebuild the Order, using a small ruin as a base. She was trained soon after. Her Master was the first true mentor she ever got. The person who taught her the basics of Lightsaber combat, and how to manipulate the Force during meditations and battles.

When offered an introduction by master Valery Noble Valery Noble , Kinhaes gave a quick bow back. "Kinhaes Maluibon, Padawan. I've been training for almost ten years," Kinhaes said, her body straightening back up after speaking, "It's an honour, Master Valery." Giving a smile, the young padawan raised her hand to the droids by the wall. With a simple slow move of her gloved palm, the multiple droids that got thrown around the room, began to float and land in a neat pile in the centre of the room. "There. Saved you the work," Kinhaes said, giving a polite smile.

A thought came into her mind. Since she hasn't talked to anyone about the visions, she might have a chance here. Kinhaes had to subtly bit her lip to stop herself from blurting out question after question.

"Oh, no interruption at all Master," he swiftly replied with another bright smile, "I hadn't started yet, and I believe my friend here was taking a well deserved break."
He watched as his fellow Padawan returned the various training probes to their place with a very deft and well practiced application of the Force, and for a moment he couldn't help but feel a small jolt of envy in the face of such ease. He'd get it eventually, he knew, he just needed to be patient and keep working at it. With that in mind, he acknowledged the pang and then gently brushed it aside. No sense lingering on it.
Ten years, the girl had said... Yep, that was a long time.
"Would you like some water?" he asked, offering out the bottle that Kinhaes hadn't taken from him during all of the chaos of overhearing the slam of droids against the wall. They both seemed as though they'd had quite the workout, which left him feeling like the odd duck out. Maybe he'd also have to start training earlier in the day...

n0m34qi.png
"A pleasure to meet you, Padawan Maluibon," Valery said as she watched the younger woman return the gesture with a bow of her own. With a raised hand, she then summoned the droids Valery had blasted around earlier, but as one of the few who had struck the walls began to levitate, its antenna fell off and hit the ground again, causing the woman to blink and look back at the Padawans.
"Pretty sure it was like that already," Valery joked with a bit of a smirk on her face. She was going to have to get that repaired after talking to these Padawans because breaking equipment and leaving it like that was something she despised quite a bit. "But I'm glad it didn't interrupt your training," she nodded to Eliphas, who reassured her a little when he said that his training hadn't started yet. She then looked back to Kinhaes because the woman said something that had caught Valery's attention.
"You've trained for ten years already? Don't see many Jedi these days who started their training that young. A lot of them join as adults, even." Valery came from a time when most were brought into the Jedi Order as infants, herself included, so this was actually quite interesting to her. "Who is your Master, if I may ask? Perhaps I've met them."
Finally, she looked back at Eliphas as he offered some water, which brought a warm smile to Valery's lips, "Some water would be great, thank you," she accepted the bottle and took a long sip, but she also made sure not to just drink all of their water at the same time.
"How has your training been going with your Master?" she asked Eliphas while she lowered the bottle away from her lips.
n0m34qi.png

88e8d92422d7179c0871f1f3ba1560a4.jpg
When Eliphas offered her the water, Kinhaes shook her head whilst uttering an, "I'm good." She was used to training without water or food for extended periods of time. She believed it offered her more resilience and fortitude to exhaustion and lessen the cries of her body begging for water she won't have access to in the field. Her master did teach her in a gentle, yet enlightening way. He even got her to complete a task with the Force, being to move a large object, and to keep showing persistence and not anger when failing. She had gotten it to move after a full day of trying. He had his stern methods of teaching, but he was a kind soul.

Kinhaes' mind wasn't on the present when Valery took the water, drinking some and asking Eliphas about his training. It was instead on her question. She doubted that Master Valery would have known her master. He was after all, a temporary precursor to the New Order's creation. Her mind went to his teachings, his life with her, and how it all ended. Struggling to fight down the pain from such memories, Kinhaes spoke up. "His name was Master Devin Tonor. He was the one who taught me about the Force and my duties to the Order and Citizens of the Galaxy," Her voice was forced into her normal tone as she spoke. The Zabrak wasn't used to talking so much about her past Master. "He was the one that inspired my Lightsaber design," Kinhaes added, showing Valery her twin sabers, each a silver and red metal design, each pommel possessing a connector to become a Saberstaff.

Devin Tonor only used a single Lightsaber and used it most in the reverser style that Kinhaes herself did. It was what inspired her to chose to use both her sabers like she did now. A constant reminder of his teachings in the odd style. "Do you mind if I ask for your Guidance, Master Valery?" Kinhaes asked, her grip momentarily tightening on the handles in her fists. If she wanted to know more, maybe someone who has most likely dealt with Sith would know of such a warrior from her visions.

He tried not to interrupt when Valery was speaking with his fellow Padawan but the girl had seemingly gotten lost within her thoughts for the time being, leaving the floor open for him to respond. So he did so, though he appeared slightly distracted by the faraway look in Kinhaes' eyes.
"Training has been interesting," he replied, forcing his gaze away from the zabrak to instead look at Master Noble. "More on the fly than I was expecting, but honestly that's been fun."
The boy paused, another thought entering his mind. He contemplated on whether or not to even make mention of it, before softly inhaling a breath to steel himself and deciding to do so anyway.
"How has Iris been? Is she training again?" He'd seen the girl once since his return from traveling with Starlin, and she'd definitely seemed brighter but sometimes she was good at keeping her own problems from the surface. If anyone would know the truth, surely it would be the girl's Master.
Then Kinhaes was asking for advice, and Eliphas looked between the pair sheepishly.
"I can step out if you'd like?" The last thing he wanted to do was be in the way.

n0m34qi.png
The question she asked seemed to bring back memories in the younger woman, and Valery knew that there was a good chance some were difficult to get through. So rather than disturbing her, she looked at Eliphas and offered a smile at his question, "Learning in the field is usually the best way. But it can be stressful and exciting too."
It's how she trained her own Padawans as well most of the time. Sure, some basics were covered on Temple grounds, but she preferred to bring them out into the field to gain experience and apply their lessons in the real world. And speaking of her Padawans, Eliphas seemed to wonder about one of them too.
"She has had it difficult, but I've been spending a bit more time with her one-on-one lately, and she seems to be doing better. I'm sure her friends have been very helpful with that, too," She said, her lips curling into a slight smirk while she looked at him.
Finally, her attention shifted back to Kinhaes, as she began to talk about her former Master, "Can't say I'm familiar with him, but it seems he has been a good influence," Valery said with a soft smile but as she focused on Kinhaes, she felt something behind the surface that suggested that she struggled with something.
Which was confirmed somewhat when she asked her question, and the woman's grip tightened on her weapons, "It would be my pleasure to offer you advice, so feel free to ask anything," Valery said with a caring tone of voice before her eyes shifted to Eliphas, who wondered if he should step out for a moment.
"That's up to her, I suppose. If you like some privacy, Padawan Maluibon, we can talk elsewhere. But if you prefer friends to be here, then we can just stay here."
n0m34qi.png

Relieved that Master Valery was going to aid her in her questions, Kinhaes belted her lightsabers and gave a quick, "Thank you Master," before looking to Lief Lief . "I think it would be best if you stayed," Kinhaes said, her mind going to the figure she was worried about in her visions. "If Master Valery thinks it's a threat worth seeking more information on, then we will need all the help we can get," she told the both of them, her mind already dwelling on the research she did on Sith Lords and Inquisitors from the past who fit the description.

Finding her feet were stuck to where she stood, Kinhaes willed her body to move, taking a seat away from the door on the floor. The young padawan crossed her legs, hands on her knees as if ready to meditate. The very thing that brought out this vision. Aside from her own memory. Waiting for the other two to join her, Kinhaes thought of the vision. Every detail she could recount without going back into it. She always woke up sweating after it. Whether from sleeping or meditating. All she could see was that warrior. She was sure it was a Sith, but it also looked like an Inquisitor. But have been a high ranking Sith to gain such power and authority.

n0m34qi.png
A threat worth seeking information on?
Valery tilted her head curiously and followed the Padawan once she felt ready to move. Lowering herself into a lotus position, she got comfortable and felt her body relax from the training session she had gone through — it was still going to take some time to get back to full strength again, but she was on her way.
"Alright, tell me more about this... threat you mentioned," Valery then said, her tone calm and comforting. It was likely that this whole situation bothered the younger woman a great deal, so she wanted to create an atmosphere in which she felt comfortable talking about anything.
"I'll do my best to help you in any way I can."
n0m34qi.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

db7c3fdb-c84d-4e72-b306-5cdcc23d702a
Sitting cross legged, Kinhaes thought of how she would start to explain what she was experiencing. Just out right saying it was a vision might help, but Master Valery might just tell her not to focus on it. The threat felt extremely real though. As Valery Noble Valery Noble walked over and sat down with her, her words and tone comforting, the young Padawan took a deep breath and readied herself. "Got to tell someone. Might as well get everything off my chest," Kinhaes thought, her hands gripping her knees in preparation.

Valery's question about the nature of the threat Kinhaes had mentioned got her mind in gear. "It started... maybe a week after the battle at Lao-Mon against the Maw. I went there to fight with a comrade," Kinhaes explained, feeling it would be best to discuss when the visions began. "I fought with everything I had. I even wore specialist armour. But I was defeated. The soldier took my weapons and left like getting a trophy." The horned Padawan felt anger start to build. Her first lightsabers, the ones her master had helped her make. Now hanging on someone's wall. "It was stupid to go, but I wanted to prove I could hold my own," Kinhaes sighed, "Lot of good it did."

After a moment of settling herself back into a calm state, Kinhaes began again. "After rebuilding my Lightsabers," She said, her had drifting to the weapon on her right hip, "I started to have strange visions. Visions of a battle." Her face tried to stay strong, yet a mixture of fear and uncertainty roared like a raging stream in her eyes. "I'm standing there. There's blaster fire and duels everywhere I look. Then," her body shuddered as she remembered the metallic breathing, "They showed up. An Inquisitor I think. Or some kind of Sith Lord. I couldn't tell." She could feel them even now. Like standing under a ice cold shower. "They cut down so many Jedi and soldiers. All of the Alliance and Order. Then, she turned to me. I couldn't move. I couldn't stop her from reaching out for me," Kinhaes' voice got faster, panic of the dread washing over her. She had never fought a Sith before. But she imagined the Dark Side would feel like that.

Her arms tried to hug herself, as if trying to warm her up, or wake her from her ramblings of the warrior. "They were a monster. Padawan, Master. Friends and comrades all cut down. And the screaming. The breathing..." Kinhaes kept shuddering. Rebreathers used on people with damaged lungs always had the same low and slow dull sound. But that one warrior's. Theirs sounded like an animal. A hungry and ravenous animal going on a killing spree. Kinhaes had to try and stop herself from falling apart. She didn't train for over a Decade and a half just to break now.

n0m34qi.png
Like most Jedi, Valery has experienced visions before and knew how difficult it could be to interpret them. Sometimes they showed events of the past or present clearly, but more often than not, they showed vague glimpses of a future that could become reality, but certainly wasn't destined to be. It all relied on how Jedi interpreted what they saw, and how they chose to act on it.
Throughout her life as a Jedi, and especially after becoming more of a leadership figure Jedi felt comfortable around, she helped guide many younger students with the visions they saw. Sometimes it helped them a great deal on their paths, but it certainly wasn't always possible to guide them entirely.
Hopefully, this would be different.
"Visions are extremely tricky to understand," Valery began while she shifted over to sit beside the younger woman. With a very caring and motherly nature, it was easy for her to tell when something bothered someone, and she naturally wanted to help and offer comfort. When the girl started hugging herself, Valery reached out and gently placed an arm around her shoulders, hoping to make her feel safe while she talked about this Sith warrior.
"I think what you saw has something to do with your future unless you recognize this battle from the past. But the future is always in motion, and visions are distorted by the endless possibilities and powerful emotions that come with them. This Sith though — I do believe they will play a larger role in your life, but it's hard to say how."
"Do you remember any specific details that might help you understand who they are or where they could be coming from?"
n0m34qi.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Still holding herself, Kinhaes listened to Master Valery's words. Kinhaes had this vision so often, she had started to believe it was a certain event. Considering what Valery was asking about the dream, Kinhaes said, her arms a bit looser around her. "Well, I've only been in the Lao-Mon battle. I don't even recognise the planet. There was so much debris," The horned Padawan gave a shiver, refusing to admit how many dead were around her during that horrid prediction. Considering whether or not this vision was going to happen exactly like she had seen was a strange possibility. Yet, it still brought a bit of hope to her mind.

Focusing on what she saw of the Sith, Kinhaes tried to relay as much as she could. "The Sith was armoured. But not usual armour. Metal claws, the metal was black and grey, but burnt around the skin. Like it was fused to them," The very idea brought a gut retching twist as she thought about how someone could be so torn by the Dark Side to fuse armour to their body. "They used a single Lightsaber. I couldn't see the details. They used both reverse and standard grip when duelling. I can't say what form they used. It was like they was changing it depending on who they were fighting. Blaster or otherwise," Kinhaes said, remembering the breathing coming from the warrior. "They also had a rebreather on them. Their voice and breathing was distorted. But, not like they had ruined lungs," the animalistic, metallic breathing haunted her. at the start of having these visions, she even jumped at a door opening due to the similar sounds. She immediately thought of the legendary Darth Vader and the records of his life support suit. The breathing was written like it was deeper, slower than the one she heard from the Sith.

Taking her thoughts away from the lengthy description, Kinhaes looked Valery in the face and asked plainly, wanting a straight answer, "Do you think they already exist. Or am I seeing their beginning?" If the Sith was already tearing up the place, then she had so much training to do in order to be ready. Someone who can change their form just by seeing an opponent's style and using the immediate counter to it. That would be a fighter that would most likely give even the most adept battle master in the Jedi a run for their money.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom