Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Training Day

Sazo's smile widened more, threatening to split her face in half. The Korun surged forward, opting for the saber swarm maneuver as her opening gambit. Talionis glowing brightly as she whirled the blade in a pattern, giving the illusion of a pattern of green light surging towards the Grand Master.

AUDACIOUS MANUEVER, YOUNGLING. BUT NOT FOOLISH. I SEE YOU OPTED OUT OF YOUR USUAL 'BOUNCING AROUND LIKE A MONKEY-FERRET'.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Blasters | Lightsabers

She didn't like starting slow, it seemed.

At the sudden surge in the Force, Valery augmented herself and matched the Padawan's speed. There was no fun and learning in this for Sazo if she gave it her all, but if she matched the Padawan, this would be far more interesting. The Saber Swarm that followed was a familiar technique — Ataru was one of Valery's preferred Forms as well.

Their blades clashed in rapid succession, showering the room in sparks while the light of their blades illuminated their bodies. As they clashed, Valery moved in retreat, but the very moment the Saber Swarm lost its ferocity, Valery lashed out. A single sweep to halt all momentum, before a second was meant to push Sazo back a step.

Valery then extended her arm, and sent a telekinetic wave of energy at the younger student, hoping to fling her through the room or bring her off-balance.

YOUNGLING. I FEEL LIKE THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU BECOME WILDLY OVERCONFIDENT.

Sazo deigned to ignore the ancestor spirit, delighting to the dance, the glow of the blades illuminating the room.

YOUR TECHNIQUE IS FUNCTIONALLY SOUND. A LESSER FOE WOULD CRUMBLE.

Sazo continued to ignore Talion, as Master Noble moved into retreat. Her smile widened.

THIS IS NOT A NORMAL FOE. THIS IS A GRAND MASTER. A PEER AMONG HER PEERS. SHE CAN PROBABLY COUNT THE NUMBER OF BEINGS THAT COULD MAKE YOU SWEAT AN- OH, I SEE SHE'S DONE TOYING AROUND. Ha.

Sazo actually looked quizzical when Valery stopped her momentum with one(!) sweeping motion. And with a slight application of the Force, sent the Korun youth toppling over, ass over tea kettle, until her momentum was stopped by the bulkhead.

She looked at Master Noble blearily upside down, her vision swimming.

"...I feel like I had you there for a moment though."

HAIuSyi.png

"Did you?" Valery smirked and disengaged her blade. She walked over to the Padawan upside down against the wall and offered her a hand up. The Saber Swarm had been surprising and against lesser foes, it likely could have done some serious damage. But there was a lesson to be learned about the technique.

"Ataru's aggression can be good to overwhelm someone early into a fight, but I'd be careful throwing a Saber Swarm around before you know your enemy. It's a very effective technique when it works but it can also leave you quite vulnerable if someone isn't overwhelmed. Not to mention the energy it costs."

"When you use it, you want to make sure it's effective."

Sazo blinked at Grandmaster, shaking off the cobwebs while digesting the statement, and reflecting off the moment. Since coming to Coruscant, she had won, but she had lost a lot of battles. But she had never been bodily handled like that. Not since she squared off against Aris, and...

'...Oh by the Force, Aris is going to end up being as strong as Master Noble, isn't he?', she mused, amusedly. Still, there was a lot to think about- like maybe having a fall-back to "blitz and let the gods sort it out".

BY THE ANCESTORS, SHE CAN BE TAUGHT!

Did you?" Valery smirked and disengaged her blade.

"I believe so, Master Noble. A bug flew into my eye at the exact moment before you pressed the offensive", Sazo replied with straight face, accepting her hand and allowing herself to be pulled up. "...I do see your point about conserving energy. I read Soresu was good in that regard."

A thought occured to Sazo.

"Also Master, are we almost to Odik II?"

HAIuSyi.png

"Soresu is a perfect opposite. It's passive and conserving, which has its strengths but its own weaknesses as well. I personally use Ataru a lot, but it doesn't hurt to expand your knowledge with other forms." Ataru was a lot harder against opponents who were faster or more experienced, and it wasn't that useful when you're already tired either.

On a battlefield, you often had more than one opponent to worry about. More than one fight before you'd be able to find a place to rest up again.

Conserving energy was important.

Looking back over her shoulder, Valery nodded, "We should be getting close, at least. Get your stuff ready and meet me at the ramp. I'll be bringing us down, and then we're heading out immediately."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom