Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too Hot-headed for Jedi... (Xardus)

Lexa stood on the roof of the building, looking down at the long abandoned street below. She perched herself on the edge, the cool night breeze blowing her coal-black hair from her face. She always found it easier to meditate like this; where one wrong move could easily end you. She let the Force thrum through her, matching the pulse of the adrenaline from being up so high. She reached out with her senses, enjoying the silence of this ghost city. There was nothing here to hear in the Force. Not even an animal....
@[member="Xardus Folidaar"]

(OOC: lol it's fine I'll play along)

A cold, dark night. A single man among the crowds, his hood drawn well over his face. As he walked, his heavy cloak billowed behind him in the breeze. Slightly shivering from the cold, he sparked a tiny flame within his body, and it spread from the center of his chest to the ends of his extremities. The force would keep him warm for the time being.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

As Lexa reached out further, she began to feel the faint busyness of the populated part of the city. She could hear some of the thoughts of the pedestrians as they hurried along in the night. Some had to go and put their children to bed. Some had to go to work. Some headed to the bar. And then some headed from the bar. And then, there was a clouded mind. Just one. A Force user, most likely. Lexa felt the breeze once again. Normally, it would've made someone shiver. But she never felt cold, or hot. So, she continued to perch on the edge of the building, listening to the clouded mind even though it said nothing. She reached out with her own mind and spoke to it. You're certainly hard to read.........

'You're certainly hard to read....'

Xardus instantly responded, beginning to create a barrier around his mind. Who had said that? It came from his thoughts, no ordinary sentient could channel thoughts like that. Being careful not to betray his position, he casually looked in the direction the wave of force had emanated from. In the distance, he could see a lone shadow perched atop a building. Smirking, he replied to the figure. 'Anyone who's smart knows to protect their mind from potential threats.'

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa smirked at that remark. True, true. But would a potential threat talk to you? Or would they just go ahead and try to control your mind? She tensed her legs, channeling the Force into her limbs. With a single leap, she jumped down to the ground, landing on her feet as gracefully as possible. She now stood in the darkness of the ghost street. Relax. I'm not one of those probe-freaks. Besides, you mask your thoughts pretty well....

Xardus flinched at the last words. It was true, he did mask himself very well and very often. With his experience and knowledge over the years, he had learned to keep an open mind about the world, but to keep a closed one to everyone else. As the figure leaped down, he was able to make it out as a young girl, not too much younger than him. She definitely had a connection with the force, though it was nowhere as strong as his. Though they were only about ten feet away from each other, he still preferred to use his thoughts. 'Yes, I don't see you as a threat, but one can never be too sure. Who are you?'

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa crossed her arms in front of her chest. I'm someone who prefers to go unnoticed. But you can call me Lexa. She smirked through the darkness. She could tell that it was a boy just a little older than her. He acted like he was so much older, though. This made Lexa's smirk a little wider.

'Lexa it is then.' Xardus stepped partially into the light, the hood still masking his face. Sensing a rift in the clouds, he said aloud, "you'd better find some shelter if you don't want to get wet. Follow me, I know a haven from the storms here. It's not very well known, so it will just be us." Turning around, he walked in the direction of a small outcropping just outside of the shanty town. After a few minutes, he stopped at the face of a steep hill, in which he stooped under, disappearing from sight. Once inside, the girl would see a rather large underground network of caves, only the center of the one they were in having supplies.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa realized it was rather dark inside the cave. She rubbed her hands together in front of her, and a fireball appeared in them, illuminating her face. She smiled a little. "Oops. Sorry, I keep forgetting that people don't normally meet Fire Shapers. Congratulations. You've met one now..." She chuckled lightly. Looking around, Lexa took in the largeness of the cavern they were in. "Not too big, but cozy compared to some of the caves I've been in before..."

Xardus chuckled as the young girl spoke. "I actuall happen to have a friend who's a fire shaper. He goes by the name Morna. You wouldn't happen to know him, would you?" He conjured a spark of flame between his fingers and lit the small fireplace that was settled against a wall. He had places like this wherever he went. Usually, instead of buying a house, he would create his own home in a secluded area. He preferred to be alone for the most part, and took solace in small caves like te one they were in.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa looked down at the small fire that the boy had created. "Actually, Morna Imura is my master," She said. She walked over to the fire and added her fire ball. The fire grew a little bigger, and for a moment, it turned yellow. she sat down in front of it, running her fingers through the flames.

"Interesting." Xardus sat down next to the girl, a small chill going up his spine when he looked at her. She was indeed pretty, but he wouldn't let himself be coerced simply by sheer looks. Still, it was interesting to find a fire shaper, especially one associated with Morna, so far from the core worlds. Chuckling softly, he said, "alright, i'll bite. What is a girl such as yourself doing way out here? Fire shapers aren't very common, but its ever more rare to see them this far out in the outer rim."

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa shrugged, letting the flames lace through her fingers. "I'm here because I'm here. I don't really have a place to be........EVER, now that I think about it. Morna usually finds a way to tell me when he wants to train some more. Other than that, I go where the next cargo shuttle takes me." She smiled a little. She took ten tiny flames onto the tips of her fingers, and then removed them from the fire. She held them out in front of her, and began shaping them into a small ribbon of flame.

Xardus watched the girl, clearly amused. Searching for something to do other than staring like an idiot, he got up and walked over to a makeshift kitchen. Distant clattering could be heard for a few minutes, until he came back with two cups of tea. Sitting back down, he handed one to the shaper. "So, you've been kind enough to trust me with your name, I feel its only fair if I do the same. I'm Xardus. Xardus Folidaar."

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa took a cup of tea. "It's a nice name," She said, still playing with the ribbon of flame. She elongated it, giving it what little detail she could. Finally, it appeared to be a dragon of some sort. She let it move around her, as if it was alive. It even opened its mouth to display fiery teeth at Xardus. She smiled. "They keep getting more and more realistic, every time I make them." She took a sip of her tea.

Xardus chuckled again and raised his hand slightly. In a matter of seconds, a swirl of frost enveloped his palm and took the form of a dragon, similar to the one Lexa had created. Lifting itself from his hand, it circled around the fiery aura of the other, as if playing with it. As it moved, it left a tiny trail of ice in the air, which disappeared as quickly as it came.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Lexa smiled. "So, you're a shaper, too? Or you just know a little something about it?" She said as her dragon twisted and twirled with his. Her dragon left a trail of smoke and fire as it sailed through the air. She had never actually met a shaper who could control the other elements. Though, she did really want to see a Water Shaper in action.

"No, I'm not a shaper, but I have my way with the force." To demonstrate, he flexed his other hand, which erupted in a ghostly flame. He smirked a little at the girl and made a second dragon out of the fire. "I am an expert in pyrokinesis and cryokinesis. I can use lightning, though I rather despise it."

@[member="Lexa Kimene"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom