Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight We're going to Party like it's 999ABY

The ball room was quickly filling with many of the Republic's finest. Soldiers she had shared space with aboard the Caledonia, as well as time served aboard other vessels and through ground warfare. It was a pleasant change to see everyone relaxed for once, or rather, as relaxed as one could be in their attire. As she placed her drink back down on to the bar she smiled to [member="Orick T'ane"], and was then greeted first by [member="Ali Hadrix"] who had also dragged along [member="Ric Ardellian"] shortly behind.

Kayleigh took Ali's hand and shook it happily. "It's nice to meet you, Ali. The same goes for you, Ric. But please, no need for formalities tonight, I'm just Kayleigh here." The blonde smiled and nodded in acknowledgement of their compliments. "I thank you both, but leadership means nothing without the hearts and souls of those who follow you onto the battlefield." The woman sighed for a moment, thinking about the losses over the last few years, and the millions of folks who simply vanished, and though some returned, others were lost forever amongst the stars. "The galaxy has suffered quite a bit." She raised her glass to make another toast. "Here's to making the galaxy better than ever."

As she lifted the drink her head caught sight of [member="Gir Quee"] and [member="Slate Estrada"] approaching. This is gonna become a crowded circle soon. Kayleigh had seen Gir Quee on holocomms and his voice over radio in the past but hadn't actually ever met him. That seemed odd to her. She was quite busy but she always tried to make time for those she served with, especially ones on such a regular basis. The man walking beside him she swore she had seen before but couldn't place her finger on it. Perhaps Coruscant? Memory was a bit fuzzy. Still, she greeted the pair as they merged into the crowd with Ali and Ric. "Evening guys!"

[member="J.Reaper"] | [member="Kiyron"] | [member="Keanu Shan"] | [member="Thane Drexel"]

"Well then, Kayleigh it is." Ali smiled broadly, lifting her glass in suit with Kayleigh and winked at the woman. She finished her scotch in a single go, then set the glass facedown on the bar top. Kayleigh's words were sweet, but sounded canned and political to Ali. The woman truly was a good leader then, because even so Ali felt she was sincere. Rare qualities these days, but I'm glad she's got the good ones. Ali gently rested her hand on Kayleigh's shoulder and looked the other woman up and down. "You look resplendent Kayleigh, for true. Where did you ever find such a gown?" She looked at Ric, "Doesn't she look beautiful? Maybe she's born with it." Ali smiled, knowing her own attire was far from formal. It took two glances to even know if she was wearing anything under her shirt or not.

[member="Kayleigh Tyven"] [member="Ric Ardellian"]

Orick glanced over and saw the small crowd that had surrounded [member="Kayleigh Tyven"] and laughed. She was the supreme commander of the Republic defense forces, of course she would be the center of attention. But he had talked to he on several occasions and knew that she was most likely uncomfortable with how much attention she was getting. He saw [member="Gir Quee"] walking up with [member="Slate Estrada"] and smiled. This should be fun to watch. Especially with the way [member="Ali Hadrix"] was almost certainly making a pass at her. Orick continued to talk to the other officers around him, but he was watching the circus that was slowly surrounding 'Crazy Kayleigh'.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
"I'll drink to that! Cheers," Ric said lifting his scotch in the air.

One quick drink had it drain, and the empty glace placed on a passing tray which happened by as he finished. Naturally Ali went right into complimenting the beauty of the blonde supreme commander. Ric couldn't disagree, and smiled.

"When you got it you got," Ric stated as he looked to the blonde. "She's right, Kayleigh. You are absolutely stunning," he agreed with a smile and a nod.

Clearly she was the center of attention, and also playing her role well as she said hello to the other gentlemen heading their way. That was part of the job Ric didn't envy. Being the supreme commander meant she had to play politics as well. Ric was far from the type to be politically correct. In fact, he took his fair share of fists to the jaw for opening his mouth and saying what the precise thoughts which ran through his mind. Clearly he was not suited for any type of roll that would mean playing nice with the political types.

"How do you balance it all, Kayleigh," Ric asked sincerely. ​"I mean there is the military, the political side of it, and yet you still have to find time for you. How do you do it?"

I am certain Ali is just curious as I am. Yup Ric's mind went there.

"You were just thinking the same thing, weren't you Ali."

[member="Ali Hadrix"] [member="Kayleigh Tyven"]

Where is all this attention coming from? And here I thought it was going to be a quiet, under the radar kind of night.
tumblr_lqlh3tJAGj1ql0l7mo3_250.gif
Kayleigh laughed out of reaction to the enormous amount of praise she was receiving from both Ali and Ric. She had no real idea on how to respond to the compliments. She was flattered, and her face was likely the color of the strawberries on her plate. "I....Well...Um...Thank you! That is quite flattering. But to answer your question Ric, I do it by essentially making me all of those things I must do. The military is who I am. It always has been. The politics of it, well, that comes with the territory I suppose. There's no escaping that, though it is by far my least favorite item on the agenda. And as for the spare time, well, I make do with the time I have, all while attempting to run THI "

Looking back over to the bar she put in an order for another glass of wine and told the barkeep that the next batch of rounds were on her for everyone. She was certain she would regret that tab, but it was rare she ever got a chance to relax quite like this with so many others. It was well worth it.

[member="Orick T'ane"] | [member="Ali Hadrix"] | [member="Ric Ardellian"] | [member="Fixx Kearney"] | [member="Kiyron"] | [member="Slate Estrada"] | [member="Gir Quee"] | [member="Thane Drexel"] | [member="Keanu Shan"] | [member="J.Reaper"]

Ric was proving to be an exemplary hunter, of which Ali was proud. He was never too heavy on the compliments and made sure to treat Kayleigh with the respect she deserved as a woman and an outstanding military leader. Silently, Ali praised him for that. As her partner in crime nudged Ali in the ribs, she grew aware of his question. I'm thinking a lot of things right now, Ric. She thought to herself as Kayleigh laughed pleasantly and began stumbling through a response.
So the esteemed leader's feathers have been slightly ruffled. Ali considered deviously, a sincere smile on her lips. Balancing all that the woman did and doing so successfully made Ali somewhat envious. She'd never had the organizational or long-term thinking skills to succeed at much in her life, and despite being thirty-five she had little to show for it but a string of failed businesses and a military service record. Ali needed to think bigger, but she also needed to stick to her guns and think ahead. It was a skill Kayleigh certainly had under her belt, and one Ali was jealous of. She resolved to learn as much from the woman as possible.
Kayleigh ordered a round of drinks for the small crowd, and Ali smiled again. She's kind, this one. She thought, lifting her own glass in a silent toast to the other woman before drinking. "Well I don't know how you balance it all, Kayleigh, but we're all lucky you do." Ali looked down at her wine glass and swirled the red contents. She looked back up at Kayleigh, flicking her hair from her brow with a free hand. "You say the military is you, but surely that's not all? What else are you, Kayleigh? A friend, family, I'm sure. A lover?" She asked casually, crossing one arm over her stomach and letting the hand holding her wine glass rest on it by the elbow. She turned her wrist, cradling the glass near her shoulder and neck, tilting her head to that side somewhat. As she waited for a response, Ali gave a sideward glance at Ric. This betrayed her curiosity, but Ali was willing to let that slide. She wanted Kayleigh to know who she was.

[member="Kayleigh Tyven"] | [member="Ric Ardellian"]

Wine... and on the Supreme Commander. This night could only get better, well, that is if the Supreme commander decided that there was some time for playing along with all the drinking that was going on. Ali certainly laid her cards on the table with her curious question about whether there was a lover involved. Ric was curious too, and with Ali doing the asking, he didn't have to. Yup she knew what she was doing, and Ric knew right in that moment, Ali was a keeper as far as wingmen were concerned. Honestly who better anyway? She was a woman after all, and knew how women thought. She could likely peg the ones who wouldn't give him the time of day right off the get go.

The blush of Kayleigh's cheeks didn't go unnoticed by Ric either. Was it the booze, the praise, or the fact she was interested in one, or both, of them? Now wouldn't that be an interesting turn of events for the evening... The ever adventurous Corellian couldn't help but momentarily entertain thoughts of how that outcome might play out.

Holding the glass of wine as if he drank it regularly, Ric lifted his glass at the toast which was made, silent, but it was made. Ric took a drink of the fruity alcoholic beverage. It was a bit sophisticated for his liking. The pilot usually went for the hard stuff, and ale if he was drinking light. For whatever reason though, it was hitting the spot tonight, and opted to not only keep to the silent toast, but vocalize his thanks.

"Thank you, that was more than generous," Ric offered, "And if the tab comes out higher than you expect let me know. I would be glad to help if needed."

Ric glanced back at Ali. She was coy. A grin crossed his lips.

"Yes, Kayleigh, is there a special someone in your life?"

[member="Ali Hadrix"] [member="Kayleigh Tyven"]

J.Reaper

leave no one behind
he looked at the admiral and the soldiers with her when they drank but not think much of it since reaper did not care much about anything really, he went to the bar and sat down as he asked for a glass of whisky and was given by the bartender as he said to the bartender before he took away the bottle "leave it, its going be empty anyway" reaper said as the bartender nodded and kept serving the other customers, he drank by himself as he listened to the people around him talking and then switched his focus on the musik instead. though he was a clone he enjoyed it

Ric Ardellian Ali Hadrix Kayleigh Tyven

Fixx finished the second Shesharilian vodka and smacked his lips as he placed the frosted glass down. He glanced down the bar and saw more guests amassing with friends, colleagues, allies. The décor around the edges of the room were starting to shine with the lights spinning and twinkling from the edges of the floor, where the music was coming from thanks to a group of musicians. The atmosphere was very much alive now

With a soft lick of his lips, he tucked his hand in his pocket and started to casually walk back around the bar, which at this end was a semi-circle design with plenty of stock and staff to keep the Republic forces happy into the early hours.

He was very much feeling out of place here, and didn’t know if Kayleigh was in attendance or not – his wrist com was still online but in his inner jacket pocket and not on his wrist as usual. Blue eyes scanned the faces – most of whom he didn’t know. The cons of working for a ghost unit that pretty much kept themselves away from the main light of the Republic; meeting people wasn’t a perk of the job.

Leaning over the bar, Fixx caught the attention of a yellow Zabrak dishing up drinks.

"Excuse me, is there an Admiral Kayleigh Tyven here?."

The Zabrack shrugged and shook her head. Fixx nodded.

"Thank you."

Useless. He continued to walk around, exchanging pleasantries with those he passed by and brushed shoulders with.

[member="Kayleigh Tyven"] | [member="Orick T'ane"] | [member="Ali Hadrix"] | [member="Ric Ardellian"] | [member="Kiyron "]| [member="Slate Estrada"] | [member="Gir Quee"] | [member="Thane Drexel"] | [member="Keanu Shan"] | [member="J.Reaper"]

Jamie settled small dangling earrings into her lobes that had a silver sheen to them, much like the highlight and accent color of her long ebony gown that was cut low in the front and reflected in certain angles. Her hair that she left unbound, was dark and deep, luminous with a rich chestnut brown around the edges and light seemed to seep into the strands, settling on the ends.

Jamie couldn't remember the last time she'd 'dressed up', and part of her worried about her ability to walk in high heels without looking like a prancing gundark in front of her superiors. The pilot had practically grown up with a blaster in her hand as a military brat, and that didn't exactly 'breed' gracefulness or elegance, but if not for those early experiences, Jamie wouldn't have succeeded into being where she was now.

Perspectives and all, Jamie thought, smirking a little as she stepped into a pair of heels that added a couple more inches to her frame. With a final smoothing of her dress, the pilot deemed herself ready and grabbed her jacket, a couple of cred chips, her invitation, and ID. Glancing at the chrono on the wall, she began to hastened her steps; she was supposed to be there, and already she was late.

A short, and far-too-fast cab ride later, saw Jamie outside the doors of the grand ballroom inside of the Galactica Hotel, the imposing firmament draped in banners of Republic colors. The scenery was as promised, magnificent and diverse.

Naturally, she took stock to try and see if [member="Tadel Perris"] had made it out tonight, and from her vantage point, Jamie noticed a few from her old squadron. Over the years, she had gotten to know and grown close to that lot, normally under conditions that would be most generously considered as adverse. Seeing them without the pressure of combat, made her realize how much she'd come to care for them and how much she sometimes missed them, they'd been tight knit.

A smile settled, finding that comfortable center, and Jamie dipped her head, lifting a gather of her dress in one hand and preparing to go and mingle with the rest of the fold. Oddly,some of her buried feminine instincts seemed to flare to life as she ventured further into the room, by and by, her normal pilots swagger turned into a form of a light and womanly sway.

It took a bit more work than Gir expected than to approach [member="Kayleigh Tyven"] through her gathering throng, and he thought that he might have lost [member="Slate Estrada"] in the process of getting closer to the supreme commander. The general had expected her to busy, after all, it was an exceptionally rare event for such a high-ranking officer to be accessible to this many people in a rather unusually casual event. But as he inched closer to the Admiral, he only got more confused by the glimpses of the conversation that [member="Ali Hadrix"] and [member="Ric Ardellian"] were weaving around her. He couldn't hide his facial expression for a few seconds.

tumblr_n0ickcwMrl1qc3759o1_400.gif

Did you really just ask if there was someone special in her life...the supreme commander? A person who could probably toss you in the brig just for funsies if she wanted to?

He tried to shake the thoughts away, but still, they persisted. Gir briefly wondered if Ric Ardellian was either courageous, idiotic, drunk, or was acting on some sort of bet. The other woman seemed to be a bit of a wildcard too. Pilots are known to be a little more free-spirited than many of us though...I've heard that they do some...interesting things from time to time. Gir decided that if nothing else, it'd be interesting to hang around this crowd. He finally managed to wedge himself past yet another pilot and into the crowded circle. Gir stretched out a hand towards the admiral.

"Admiral Tyven, it's a pleasure to finally meet you in person," said the general plainly, sparing glances at the two pilots, "I hope I'm not intruding on some personal business, here..."

Before Slate was able to make it to the Supreme Commander, it seemed the entire military had decided to crowd around her. It wasn't peculiar considering she was the commanding officer of everyone in the room. Instead of approaching her, he decided to turn away and begin a short walk back to the bar. He doubted that she cared to speak with someone like Slate. A meer infantryman was nothing in comparison to these strategy geniuses and high commanding officers.

During his brief journey back to the bar, Slate got a glimpse of the time. It would be time for him to leave soon. It wasn't late. It could've been considered early. But the stress of what would be happening in the next weeks had caught up to him. Slate felt he deserved a good night sleep and some alone time.

"Just give me anything cold." Slate said to the keen bartender before taking a seat on a new stool.

[member="Kayleigh Tyven"] | [member="Orick T'ane"] | [member="Ali Hadrix"] | [member="Ric Ardellian"] | [member="Kiyron "] | [member="Gir Quee"] | [member="Thane Drexel"] | [member="Keanu Shan"] | [member="J.Reaper"] | [member="Fixx Kearney"]

J.Reaper

leave no one behind
The clone started to become drunk as he took another glass of whisky, his head was spinning as the soldier remembered his friends that died infront of him, he rubbed his face as he thought for himself that he was going crazy as the memories and pictures of his fallen brothers that he grew up with, ate with, trained with, the ones he would never see again and was closest to him, he punched the bottle of whisky as it shattered and sended several pieces of glas everywhere around him, he would keeping telling to himself to calm down as his head was keeping sending images and pictures.

Slate Estrada Gir Quee Jamie El-Eison Fixx Kearney

Kayleigh noticed [member="Gir Quee"] approach and waved her hand to gesture for folks to let him in. She matched the face to his voice finally, after having spoken many times over communications but never having the opportunity to officially meet. "It's an honor, Gir, to finally meet face to face. One would think after all this time we'd have managed an opportunity or two to actually meet prior tonight. Though I guess circumstances simply demand more from us these days. Of course you're not intruding, please, have a seat and a drink!"

She turned back a moment to address both [member="Ali Hadrix"] and [member="Ric Ardellian"], however was caught off guard by [member="Fixx Kearney"] passing by. She shouted to him to get his attention over the crowd. "Fixx! Fixx Kearney! Get your ass over here!" A wide smile would make its' way over her face as she shouted to him. She then turned back to finally answer both Ric and Ali. "As a matter of fact, yes. The...special someone would be Fixx. Though he seems a bit oblivious tonight. But to more directly answer your questions Ali, I'm a friend to anyone in the Republic. I try to make myself reachable to everyone under my command. My family....They sadly were killed when Coruscant fell. The military is my only family now."

[member="J.Reaper"] | [member="Slate Estrada"] | [member="Jamie El-Eison"] | [member="Orick T'ane"] | [member="Keanu Shan"] | [member="Kiyron"] | [member="Thane Drexel"]

Kiyron

K
[member="Orick T'ane"].

Kiyron nodded as Orick talked, shrugging at the uniform part. They were just clothes and he preferred them to the armor. Easier to move around in. Quieter. Less reliant on technology.

"The uniforms aren't that bad," He mused, watching the crowd as well. It seemed the supreme commander was quite popular at this party, although he wasn't sure of all the reasons why. Probably a multitude.

"The transition?" He considered that for a few moments, trying to explain it, "I'm indifferent. Been shuttled around between GIA, Army, and RSFU enough times I've gotten used to adjustments such as this. Name changes are all meaningless when the role remains the same."

Now traditions were interesting. He hadn't put much thought in that. The Rogues were still the Rogues. No bill passed in the Senate could ever change that, no matter how many name and uniform changes they went through. He doubt he could change them if he tried.

"Ah, no. The Rogues will remain the Rogues and as per our reputation," He gave a cold smile, "We don't fit in well with the rest of the hierarchy. But will you try to start new ones?"

Ali smiled upon Kayleigh's response to her inquiry. The man she flagged down was known to her. Fixx Kearney was well known amongst the soldering and intelligence community within the Republic for a number of things, thus she only knew him by reputation. "Well I'm glad to know our esteemed Commander has that special someone," Ali replied sweetly, sipping again at her drink. She was hoping Kearney would join them immediately; Ali would be pleased to get to meet the man who was known as a minor legend amongst her colleagues. "So, Kayleigh, how long have you and Fixx been together?" She asked as they waited for Kearney to approach.

[member="Kayleigh Tyven"] | [member="Fixx Kearney"] | [member="Ric Ardellian"]

The call of his name caught his attention, and then realizing it was Kayleigh – she was here after all. He looked through the guests and raised his head in acknowledgment, gently passing by to reach her and the small crowd.

"Excuse me, I always get lost at these formal things."

He sighed, glad to have found someone he knew. Placing a hand gently on her back, Fixx leaned in to kiss Kayleigh on the cheek and then turned to face her colleagues, a man and woman. Extending his hand to both, he offered a solid smile.

"Kearney. Fixx Kearney. Pleasure."

[member="Ali Hadrix"] | [member="Kayleigh Tyven"] | [member="Ric Ardellian"]

Crap, she had a special someone, oh well... there were other ladies in the room. Eyes looked around, and they fell on this Fixx as he walked up to them. He took the offered hand and shook it firmly.

"Good to meet you man," he said looking to his new friend Ali. "Cute couple, huh."

That was Ric's way of communicating he was a bit disappointed. Though that is when his eyes fell on a brunette he knew very well. A rather attractive brunette he often saw as a sister. Though if he were honest, had Tadel not been in the picture, Ric would be all over her.

"Oh my, [member="Jamie El-Eison"] is here, and minus her beau. You all have to meet her."

Ric excused himself from the group long enough to approach Jamie, who honestly was not that far away.

"My my my... look who the cat grug in. C'mon girl, the Supreme Commander just bought a round of wine for everyone, and you need to meet my new friend Ali."

Not really giving her a choice, Ric took Jamie to meet the rest of the group.

"Group, this is Jamie, Jamie this is the group."

[member="Ali Hadrix"] | [member="Fixx Kearney"] | [member="Kayleigh Tyven"]

Thane enjoyed the drinks at the bar while the others conversed. He began ordering for everyone around him.

"Drinnnks all 'round...weeew!!"

The drunk Zabrak leaned hard against the bar top,along him seem like he could not stand without its support, which was probably true.

Orick listen to the man talk about his unit and smiled, he likes his independence and wants to maintain it. I like him already. His thoughts were elsewhere, but he managed to focus enough to answer the question asked, " Honestly, any traditions I start will likely get me busted down a few ranks. It sounds like a good idea, but I was a marine before I got fleet command, so I tend to think like a marine when to things." He flagged down one of the many waiters walking around and grabbed one of the glasses off on the tray.

he wanted to say more but he saw his excuse to go cause trouble and took it, " Pardon me, Major. i see the chance to cause some trouble, and I don't want to miss out." He began walking over towards the small stage and the podium and smiled as he saw the small microphone that was attached to it. He grabbed the mic and slipped it into his jacket pocket. He grinned like a nexu and turned, now where did Kayleigh go?

[member="Kiyron "][member="Kayleigh Tyven"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom