Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TitanFall

I read somewhere that Titanfall incorporates story into the actual multiplayer mode. I'll try to find the quote as I write this post.

Here it is:

"The game is online multiplayer-only, but injects single-player elements such as plot, character chatter, and non-player characters into its matches. Bit-tech reported the game to have 15 maps, 33 weapons, and splitscreen support for the online multiplayer, though the developer had previously denied the latter. Respawn founder Vince Zampella described the game as bringing "scale, verticality, and story" to first-person shooter multiplayer gaming."

I wouldn't view Titanfall as merely an "online multiplayer shooter" only, because that isn't the way it was made. They made it multiplayer so there's constant challenge from other players, but they've integrated elements from a single-player game. I'm getting an Xbox One sometime next week (or this weekend, if I'm lucky) and I'll be playing it then. Just for now, I've been watching videos and the game honestly does look spectacular and exciting to play.

Yeah the campaign is the Multiplayer - they have the usual multiplayer mode, but the campaign you're working with people and going against others as well. Its pretty awesome, but if you're looking for hardcore story like in Halo's campaign lol good luck.

@[member="Darth Avara"] - I stream the PC Version, my link is in my signature if you're browsing twitch.

I personally wish we could cross platform. I'm surprised Microsoft didnt' make them put it with their "Games for Windows" situation. Now I can't pwn @[member="Darth Metus"] or @[member="Reyven Samoth"]

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
They probably didn't because PC gamers can't go a minute without trying to mod their game somehow or add stupid skin patches that make their guns something stupid like crossbows.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
Game is great fun so far, but lacking in content at the moment.

I would love to see larger maps with more players and the various Tanks/Flyers/Etc. that we see everywhere actually utilized. There's all these fascinating mechanics explored sort of peripherally by the story (jumping, drop pods, the fleets, etc.) and you do NOTHING with them. If any game would benefit from having Battlefield-style maps with a Commander mod (who is ostensibly up on one of those carriers launching drop pods and shit) it's this game. There's massive potential here, but so far it's underutilized.

Hopefully the planned DLC will add to it, but my hunch would be that's just gonna be new guns, maps, and Titans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom