Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time Stands Still

"Krest?"

She raised an eyebrow at the name of the Sith she had once associated with. "So this isn't your first time in Sith hands." She stopped for a moment. "Well, at least you have some anger in you. Good. As for ripping my throat out..." She smiled, stepping back before considering the circumstance that Jair had put herself in. "Please, swear all you want. But as long as I continue to soothe your muscles, I​ am in control." She stepped forward and motioned for Jairdain to get back into the position so she could finish. "But let's just get the rest of this out of the way, shall we?"

Of course, she had no idea that he would likely soon be back.

[member="Darth Ferus"] [member="Jairdain"]

"I mentioned it earlier, but not a name. While I was still strapped down in the other room and waking up. Correct though, this is not my first time as a captive."

She had been locked up alone for months with her only contact being Krest for the most part. Deprived of the Force, Jairdain was a blind human, but she had fought him until he finally broken through her mental defenses. Once he had done that, all it had taken was time to fill her mind with lies. Eventually the truth and light within her had fought back and broken her again.

Being given vison, she was more clearly able to give facial expressions and see them on Vanessa. Her eyes moved up and over her form and then she rolled them slightly. Her actual control of her eyes was rather fun to have.

"That ripping isn't likely to come any time soon. Oh yeah, the muscles. Guess I buggered them up. Rather surprised you didn't rip MY throat for cussing at you and showing you a backbone. Expect more to come, I'm not breaking again."

Of course that connection wasn't forgotten, but it was not thought of very often. So Jairdain had no clue Krest was on his way,

[member="Vanessa Vantai"] [member="Darth Ferus"]

"The name means a surprisingly large amount." She said. "I recall back when he was just Krest, before he ended up becoming Darth Ferus. I was... somewhat involved with him. Not in a romantic sense, but suffice to say that our paths have crossed many times before. I suppose it's good to know that he's survived after all of these years." She had no idea as to Krest's temporary demise - or to Jairdain's involvement in his return to the realm of the living. She thought for a moment. "You did nothing. Your muscles just feel heavy because they are relaxed. When you've been lounging in a comfortable environment for an extended period of time, do you not feel sluggish? Slow to respond? It's only natural for us to accept comfort for what it is - a brief respite from the terrors the galactic life inflicts upon us."

She waited for Jair to assume the position once more. It would be simpler now - arms and legs. Maybe some scalp work.

[member="Jairdain"] [member="Darth Ferus"]

She looked at Vanessa as she spoke about her past dealings with Krest. Not mentioning he had died, Jairdain listened to what she said about the muscles and shook her head.

"I guess I've lead a pretty easy life. Don't feel sluggish except when I first wake up in the morning."

Both were pretty true statements. Her life now was easy in comparison to some others, even within the Jedi. She had a roof over her head, food on the table in front of her and every day general comforts.

Letting a sigh out, she could tell Vanessa wanted her to lay back down on the table. Wanting to show that backbone and stand up to her manipulations, Jairdain did just that.

"I actually think I should go to bed."

[member="Vanessa Vantai"] [member="Darth Ferus"]

Vanessa crossed her arms. "Trying to show defiance, eh? Come on, you can do much better than that. Let me finish the massage." She sighed, moving to put the collar back on Jair. "it's like you Jedi don't actually appreciate the level of service I offer." She huffed as it locked around the Jedi's neck with a satisfying click. "Well, you aren't leaving here. The entrance to the laboratory is magsealed, and the escape exits collapsed a long time ago." A partial truth - the originals had, but the secondary ones were magsealed as well - a means of dissuading her to try and escape. "Well, let me take you to your new quarters."

As they walked into the bedroom, Vanessa motioned to another bed, placing her hand on it and zapping all the dust off of it. "Here is your bed." She said. "And here is my bed." She walked over to the larger, more luxurious bed, which she zapped the dust off of as well. "Have a good night's sleep. I have some more work to do." There are Mirari security droids guarding the place, so please, don't try anything stupid."

With that, she left Jair there, heading back to the laboratory - the collar would be good until tomorrow evening, at which point she would have to refill it.

Jairdain remained adamant and stubborn in her insistance to going to bed.

"Hey, how come you keep saying I'm Jedi? I keep telling you I'm not, but you keep insisting I am."

True to her given word earlier, when Vanessa went to put the collar back on, she didn't resist at all. Once that was done, she was led to the bedroom where there were a few beds waiting. Also just as dusty as the rest of the place.

Vanessa wished her a good night of sleep and left the warning of droid guards and sealed escapes. There was one very big difference between her captivity with Krest and this one...Jairdain could see. Even though she didn't have the use of the Force, she could see.

Watching as Vanessa left the room, she was already starting to plan an escape attempt when the time was right. It wouldn't be tonight or even tomorrow though. Climbing into her bed, she laid there for a few minutes and listened to the area around her. Eventually sleep did find her and she drifted off.

[member="Vanessa Vantai"]

Some more work was done. She looked over the few treasures she still had - not many of them were located here anymore - and found the fragment of the Taurannik Codex. What abominations she could have unleashed with this had she not been beaten to the punch. She sighed before looking the sword over as it continued to bubble within the alchemical forge.

“You’ll be a new weapon soon. One that takes life and empowers the wielder with it. I certainly hope you work. I am a bit rusty regarding this.” She looked down into the container, noticing the polished durasteel blank she had ground down into the form of such a blade had already begun to darken, changing in shade from gunmetal grey to a shiny charcoal black. She focused through the power of the Dark Side on the weapon, infusing her power into it as she continued.

“Suck, leech, syphon, drain,
Inflict such wounds with grievous pain,
Your edge be sharp, your cuts not waver,
Drain from Jedi, Sith, and saber.”

It took time to find the exact location of [member="Jairdain"] , far more time then the elder Lord would have wanted, but he found it none the less. An old academy, long forgotten. Or perhaps hidden. Neither mattered as his ship landed just outside the main door. Darth Ferus stood at the door to the ramp of his ship, waiting as the hydraulics hissed and whined opening the view and filling his ship with the cool air of a night breezed. He stepped down, wrapping a black cloak around his form with a lightsaber in hand. Gone was the facade of an elder, replaced by the imposing physique and posture of a man bent on killing what ever got in his way.

War had come.

[member="Vanessa Vantai"]

Whatever Vanessa was doing was not felt by Jairdain. The bath and partial massage had relaxed her like was wanted and when she did sleep, it was a restful one. At least until Krest arrived.

Her eyes opened to a still lighted room and Vanessa off doing her own thing. Vision was still working and she hoped it didn't start failing her now. Climbing out of her bed, she was still dressed. Not even bothering taking her shoes off. Jairdain had not expected an opportunity like this to come so soon.

She had memorized the route from the bedroom to the room she had been held in first. Heading in that direction, she heard Vanessa doing something the other way.

Entering that first room, she saw her items laying where they had been before and walked over to them. On her ship, both of her sabers had been there and she picked both of them up.

One was her original saber she had made many years ago with Master Dune. When she was recovering from her first time being captured. Before she had ever met Krest. It had been stolen from her by a bounty hunter and she had taken it back from him. This one she shoved into one of her pockets to hopefully keep safe. This single item meant the most to her and didn't want to lose it again.

The other was a saber she had made while that first one was missing. While it still meant something to her, she had the feeling it wasn't going to one she held onto for very long. This one, she clipped to her belt. Now to find Krest.

Leaving the room she had been held in and closing her eyes, she allowed her natural and heightened senses to guide her. Jairdain had been blind far longer than she could see. Vanessa had not stated those droids were on the inside and any exits were sealed. If Krest could make his way past those guard droids, she might be able to sneak him inside.

She just hoped her plan didn't back fire on her. That Krest was here to help her and not side with Vanessa. To get her out and gain her freedom again.

[member="Darth Ferus"] [member="Vanessa Vantai"]

"Halt."​ The mechanical cry of one of the Mirari bodyguard droids long stationed at the academy to protect the facility from trespassers. They had for the most part been deactivated when Juliet had come, shortly before Vanessa officially reactivated the laboratory for her own use with regards to working on technology and her more Sithy projects, but now they were active again - and one had an ink rifle pointed directly at Jair. Another moved in to detain the Jedi who attempted to escape.

A beep alerted Vanessa to the droids having captured someone or something. She began to walk to the location before sensing a presence, one she had not felt in many years.

"Krest..."

With that, she took off running towards the entrance, towards the droids, a lightsaber coming to her hand even as she ran. She could not let her assets be destroyed. Not by him.

@Jairdain @Darth Ferus

Uninterrupted the Sith Lord would rip down the front doors of the academy lab [member="Vanessa Vantai"] owned. Without even a gesture the dark swelled around him and the metal screeched as it was folded like paper. The smooth cylinder in his hand erupted with a red blade, lightning up the area around him with it's glow as he walked into the building. His piercing gaze fell immediately upon the droid holding a gun to [member="Jairdain"] and with a simple wave of his hand the gun collapsed inwards.

With a blur of movement his saber ripped through the same droid who's gun was destroyed and his free hand came up, gripping the second as it tried to detain Jairdain. Another sound of screeching metal. "I was wondering where you went off to love. Apologies for the delay."

When the security droid spoke up and commanded Jairdain to stop, she let out a small stream of more colorful phrases, but did stop. That gun was only aimed at her and since she stopped, did not fire. She knew Krest was coming and that is what counted.

Hearing now the additional sound of Vanessa rushing this direction, she turned when Krest tore open the door of the facility. The sight she had came at the price of the Force, but he had that and took the droids out of commission.

"Yes, actually I was on the way to Commenor after I did a mission for them. Nice to see you."

Hopefully, he caught onto the clue she gave about her vision. Krest would hopefully also be able to tell she was Force deprived once again.

"Vanessa is coming."

[member="Darth Ferus"] [member="Vanessa Vantai"]

"Of course I'm coming. It's not ten bloody seconds I turn away and you're off trying to fething escape. Do you have any idea how utterly rude that is?" She crossed her arms. "And you, Krest - you apparently didn't break her, from my understanding, given that she's still relatively pure. Though I'm working on that." She sighed. "Look. Apparently you have some intense​ want for Jairdain. Assumedly you want her to be on our side - the Sith side. I would certainly prefer that she be aligned with us as well. So instead of destroying my droids, how about we put the weapons away and come to an agreement over what happens to your Silver friend? I know that she won't be leaving here on the side of the Light - but let's hear what you think regarding this." She sighed, thinking of how she would have to find a replacement droid to make up for the damaged ones.

Then again, perhaps it was time to use holographic systems.

"She will be leaving as she is now, and you have no say in this, [member="Vanessa Vantai"] . You're welcome to disagree of course, but you'll find that will lead to a rather poor state of your lab." It was a threat, and the elder Zabrak took hold of [member="Jairdain"] 's hand as he began to make for the door, not bothering to look back at the blond woman or the droids. "I'm glad you're alright at least. I'm sure this would have ended differently had it not been the case."

"It is what any good prisoner would do given an opportunity. Rude or not, I am captive...am I not?"

Of course with Krest coming to her rescue, there was a chance she was trading off one form of captivity for another. With the change in her and their relationship though, Jairdain doubted he would hold her captive. At least not for long.

As Vanessa continued on about her own alignment and not wanting Jairdain to leave on the side of light, her eyes narrowed slightly.

"Just because I ally myself with the Silver Jedi that does not make me a Jedi. I am equal light and dark, while not the sith either of you want me to be, I am exactly what I am meant to be right now."

When Krest took a hold of her hand and started pulling her out, she didn't resist. When he quietly said he was glad she was as fine as she was, she gave him a small smile.

"As well as I can be without the Force. Typical way to keep me held...Glad you came. Thanks. Indeed it would be different."

[member="Darth Ferus"]​ [member="Vanessa Vantai"]

“Mmm... no.”

Vanessa gave a Force Push with the intent of slamming Krest face-first into the nearest duracrete wall. “That’s not exactly how this works. You don’t get to come into my domain and take something that I acquired - someone that I acquired - and make off with her like that. As I mentioned, finding a Master of the Force, Jedi or not, and taking them into captivity is no small feat. I demand payment. A trade of sorts, something of equal or greater value to a Master-level Force user.” She walked towards the entrance, arms crossed and the tension building on her fingertips as she prepared to do... something if they attempted to proceed outwards. “I know that such a valuable thing is generally very difficult to find - so I’ll give you a couple of minutes to think about it.”

To Jairdain, she frowned. “Your body is full of dark poison. You will turn, at my behest or Krest’s. It’s only a matter of time.”

[member="Darth Ferus"] @ Jairdain

The blast hit Ferus square in the chest, who had made no attempt to resist it. To do so would have put [member="Jairdain"] in the cross hairs, and with her inability to connect to the Force he couldn't just let her take it. He slammed into the nearby wall with a dull thud, but as he fell from the impact he kept on his feet. Slowly his red gaze would fall back to [member="Vanessa Vantai"] , narrowing not out of annoyance but of understanding. As soon as she was done speaking however Ferus did not need any time to answer.

"Lady Kay of Commenor. Her many dark secrets have always been in my grasp, as well as favors. The Defender of the weak. The Protector Queen. I can give you what information you need to worm your way into her court, and from there her balance won't be difficult to disrupt. She was always teetering on the edge of a cliff." And as soon as he was done speaking he gently took Jairdain's hand, leading her outside of the building and past Vanessa.

"I will overlook your transgression of taking my experiment from me and muddling the results as I am only recently back to life. But should you step on my toes again I will not be as agreeable as I am now."

"Perhaps it would be best if you ensured your experiments did not somehow leave your control, or otherwise leave them vulnerable to outside 'tampering' as you would call it." She answered. "I'm glad, though, that we were able to come to a satisfactory agreement regarding Jair's fate. I'll expect connections to Kay to be provided within seventy-two hours after you leave the laboratory. If you double-cross me, of course, then your return to the world of the living will be... unfortunately short." She gave a look to both Jair and Krest.

"Now go."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom