Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time Stands Still

It appeared the other woman didn't know Jairdain had been kidnapped twice and held captive two additional times. Without the Force, she couldn't read the emotions of her, but tone of voice indicated she was being honest. She said she was going to use her as a test subject and plant her back within the Silvers and destroy them from within. When she said she was giving Jairdain her sight, she laid back down a bit surprised to know it could be done.

Never having had sight, she didn't know how the world was going to look to her. She had only ever seen through the Force and in a far different way than anybody else. People were unable to truly keep their emotions hidden from her, she saw through them. Without the Force, she couldn't even pick up on the emotions of Vanessa.

When Jairdain said she would rip her throat out and Vanessa basically laughed at her, it got her a dirty look. As the other woman continued to say she wouldn't be the first to try and that she was immortal, it took some of the unknown aggression out of her.

"You plan won't work. I will not break again."

[member="Vanessa Vantai"]

“You see... you may be blind, but your optic nerves still exist. They’re severely atrophied; but given constant active stimulation, they can be reactivated. Made to function, though for how long I can only guess.” She shrugged. “It may be permanent. It may last for like a day or so, in which case I’ll keep giving you your sight back. After all, I’m not a holochess player who disposed of her pawns.” She went back to making sure the life signs of Jairdain were good.

“Alright... with that intake of saline, your body is stabilizing. Hopefully we won’t have to keep you on the stuff much longer.” She thought for a moment before stepping over to Jairdain, placing a hand on her shoulder before placing the same hand on her other shoulder.

“If you’ve been broken before, you can be broken again. I don’t want to drive you mad, or send you into the dark depths of depression. I simply want you to accept the Dark Side into your heart. Realize that following the Sith tenets is the best way for you as a Force user to live. Then spread those teachings with others - let light become shadow. Enjoy letting the blackness meld with your soul until it becomes inescapably a part of your very being - like it did for an old friend of mine. Have you ever heard of the Sith Lord Val’Ryss Zankarr?”

[member="Jairdain"]

"No, I don't see..."

However that wasn't entirely true for the moment. One thought did come to mind as she listened to what Vanessa was saying, Jairdain would at least know what colors really were. She would also be able to see stars for the first time. ​If that much freedom was granted to her at least. She said the sight was granted to her, but unsure if it would be a temporary thing or permanent.

It took a few minutes, but her vitals stabilized even if Jairdain was still physically weak.

"No, you don't understand. I'm not going to break again. Neither the Sith or Jedi path is meant for me. And I fully accept the darkness within myself."

Letting out a sigh, she ​shook her head as an answer to the question Vanessa asked.

"No, but I don't even know your name either."

"And how hard would it be for you to just snuff that bit of light within you out?" She frowned. "It can't be that difficult to just let one aspect of the Force run through you - certainly the one that provides more power and influence so your goals can be successfully rendered." She modestly increased the electricity running into Jairdain's optical nerves as she responded. "I believe in a simple precept. Nothing particularly excessive, obviously - if I did, that would far more than a few seconds of thinking at any given moment. You see... light becomes shadow. Where there was once goodness and purity, now there is corruption. And I want to see that shadow spread. It doesn't have to be Sith shadow. Just the darkness." She smiled, thinking about the ways she could successfully utilize Jairdain.

"Well, the experiment appears to have been successful. We'll give it a bit, let the poison sink further into your body. After all, it needs to taint all of your very being." She said. "Ah. Right. How impolite of me. There are plenty of names I've used or gone by in the past. You can call me Vanessa. Given this body, I suppose it's who I am now. Silara's dead, as is Lisette to my knowledge, and I doubt Alric Kuhn is looking for his deceased wife's illegitimate daughter. I should check on the twins sometime. Find out what they've been up to. It's been too long since I got involved in galactic affairs."

[member="Jairdain"]

"Quite difficult actually since we all have light and dark within us. I embrace both parts of myself equally."

This had very little to do with the Force or the ideals of the Jedi, Sith or even her own code. It had almost everything to do with personality and right now that was all she had.

"You don't know what I have been through."

It was all she said for, now and her voice was slightly filled with venom. Probably brought on more by the poison than what Jairdain would have normally have felt. The woman holding her captive said the experiment was a success and that got a small pull back of Jairdain's head. Vanessa did introduce herself finally and she wondered if she knew her name. It was obvious Vanessa knew somethings about her, but not everything.

What she said past her name only confused Jairdain more.

"You know essence transfer or something? How else do you stay alive like you do?"

"Of course I don't know what you've been through." Vanessa responded. "I can tell you very much dislike what I've done for you - even though I did go through the trouble of gifting you with the ability to physically see things. Speaking of which, you should be able to see.now." Turning off the artificial electrical stimulation, she went over and removed the goggles-like stimulator from Jairdain's eyes. Looking down, she smiled. "I want you to remember this moment. The moment you saw the face of the person who gave you sight. Not Force Sight, but true sight. True seeing as some would say."

To the question, she laughed. "Essence Transfer... That would imply some degree of forethought. Death to me is so natural that it is easy to simply get into a new body once my then-current one expires." She responded. "I always found such more practical than most. Thankfully I didn't have to use it during the Akala incident..."

[member="Jairdain"]

At least Vanessa admitted she didn't know what Jairdain had been through or even implied she had a clue.

"My vision through the Force granted me greater clarity than real vision. People couldn't hide their emotions from me. Now I won't see them, but without the Force I am a simple, blind human. Oh, I'll remember and once I get free, you'll remember me."

She​ gave herself a mental slap. What was going on? This wasn't like her at all. Unclenching her fists, she hadn't even known had happened, she attempted to view the situation with a detached mind and failed.

"Just getting into a new body..."

Immortality had been offered to her once before and she said she needed time to think on it. While Vanessa may not be offering to teach her this, the thought came into Jairdain's mind.

“Emotions are things that are meant to be hidden. It’s not bad to be empathic, but there are things people would prefer to keep to themselves.” She responded. After all, Vanessa herself was a whirlwind of emotions too. “Well, now you’re just a normal human. And so you’ll remain until I release you once the experiment is concluded.” At the threat, she couldn’t help but laugh. “I already remember you. If you’re implying that you can somehow cause me harm - perhaps you should remember that I made you the way you are now. And I most certainly know how to unmake you.

At her latter comment, she raised an eyebrow. “What, do you want to learn how to live forever? That will... require some work on your part. Dedication to the Dark Side - and to logistics. Immortality requires some prearranged things to be in place before you end up dying. Having friends isn’t exactly a downside either.”

[member="Jairdain"]

"No, emotions are not meant to be hidden, but let out and expressed. While they may prefer those emotions kept to themselves, it is better to express. My gods do know what I went through when I held mine back. That is no longer the case."

Jairdain let out a small little grunting noise when told she was just a normal human now and would remain that way until Vanessa released her. A small bit of ego or pride came into her when Vanessa said she was already remembered, the veiled threat included was not missed on her. However, in a way Jairdain maybe wanted that to happen. To go back to her ship and carry on like she had been. Of course that's not what Vanessa said exactly, but what she thought about.

"Immortality has already been offered to me, Vanessa and I turned it down then. I also have many friends."

"Well, your friends can't save you now." She shrugged. "Especially since your ship's been disabled. I made sure to turn the power off." It was not irreparably damaged - why would Vanessa do that? - but it would not be flying anytime soon. At least at the Trayus Laboratory it was unlikely to be dissected by Imperial shipwrights. "Now then..." She moved forward, properly taking off the electrostimulator goggles. "Can you see? Can you see my face? Not with the Force, but my actual face."

She smiled. "I guess you've never seen color, have you? Never read anything by reading the letters... There's going to be a lot to teach you before I let you go. I hope you realize that."

[member="Jairdain"]

In theory a few people could come to her rescue since they were connected to her. However, Jairdain was not about to tell that to Vanessa. The connections she had with each of them went beyond the Force and they could be utilized if she wanted them to be.

The fact her ship was turned off wouldn't matter if she reached out to these people, but she had no idea of where she was located. She did not know if they would be able to find her. In the end it probably didn't matter she had built and allowed these connections to form.

Whatever had been covering her eyes was removed and it forced Jairdain to blink several times before her eyes became accustomed to the light. She had been granted sight before a few times. Either in a mental capacity or through the eyes of another person.

She knew the color of her own original lightsaber by instinct and that it had been green. However, the different variations of hue was lost to her comprehension and she did not know anything other than red and green by that same instinct.

"I have been granted vision and sight a few times. So like I know what you are wearing is red because it is a similar color to that of a sith saber. My shirt is blue and my pants brown."

Respectively, her shirt was white and pants black.

"Um... No." She said, deciding there wasn't much else to do other than let her loose from the table. "Your pants are black and your shirt is white. And my outfit is technically crimson." She frowned. "You still have a lot to learn about things - like color. For example, different clothes appear different colors. Suppose that I shine a light on you that looks bluish. Then your shirt will look bluish too. There are also a bunch of different shades of colors that you need to learn about. For example, crimson is a specific shade of red. When people refer to 'ruby red' or 'scarlet,' or 'ginger,' they're referring to specific shades of red. Even colors like maroon and burgundy are shades of red."

She sighed. "I've got a lot to teach you. Not about the Dark Side, but about color. Art. And other things."

[member="Jairdain"]

Wrinkling her nose a little at what Vanessa had to say about learning, Jairdain did have to admit there was truth to what she said. Being granted the ability to visual see was a drastic and severe change. Her few times before had lasted only a few minutes and the people that did it had no explained to her what was common for them.

"At least I will be able to appreciate more art than music."

When Vanessa spoke on of different color variations, that wrinkle returned to the bridge of Jaridain's nose and she shook her head.

"Sounds confusing."

"Art is a wonderful thing. You will also be able to read." She smiled. "I would consider being able to read Aurebesh and other languages almost as important as being able to see color. For example..." She held her hands out, and forming within them were illusions - two signs. The one in her right hand said "Men's Restroom" in Aurebesh, and the one in her right hand said "Women's Restroom," also in Aurebesh. "Can you tell me what these two signs say?"

She shrugged at the latter comment. "Well, we can't call them bright red, dark red, darker than dark red, and darkest red. That sounds pretty stupid, let's be honest."

[member="Jairdain"]

As calmly as that poison would allow her to, Jairdain listened to what Vanessa was saying. She knew she would get into the art thing if given the opportunity. When she was told was going to learn how to read she looked at the other woman curiously. It was something she had not given thought to in a very long time since she had a device that could read to her.

She saw her items laying on a counter and that little device was among them. If she had the Force, she could have just called it to her hand and held it up. However, she didn't and would have to walk over to them. So in an almost casual movement, Jairdain would approach her items and physically reach out to them. If Vanessa did not stop her, she would pick up only the device, but caress her lightsaber hilt. It wasn't the right time to use it. Without the Force to enhance her movement, it would be pointless.

"The colors seem easier that way though."

Looking at the illusions, she wondered if the device would actually pick them up and be able to read them. If she did still have that reader, she would at least attempt to have it pick up on the writing. It didn't work and she sighed in irritation.

"Considering I have no idea what letters look like, I have no idea what those say."

"They're restroom signs." She motioned to them, the illusion in her opposite hand briefly disappearing. "This one says 'male restroom,' and this one says 'female restroom.' They're basic signs, found practically everywhere in some shape or form." She said. "Alright... this clearly isn't going to work. You don't know colors, and you don't know text. There are a couple of ways we can do this." She said, small little balls of light appearing in front of Vanessa - one blue and one red. "Option 1: I spend several months of my time feeding you, keeping you well-clothed and well-groomed, and teach you about colors and how to read signs, datapads, and every other form of text used in the galaxy. A lot more informative of a learning experience, but time-consuming. Or option 2: I break through your mental defenses and implant within your mind a basic understanding of colors and how to read text. I then give a quick rundown of colors and text to make sure you received the information properly - then I release you and you go back to wherever it is you came, hopefully spreading that darkness I planted in you to others. Which would you prefer? Quick and easy, or slow and arduous?"

[member="Jairdain"]

Not ever able to hide what she felt about something, Jairdain looked at Vanessa's hands with fully curiosity and attention. As the illusions were shown and she was told what they meant, she nodded in understanding. The obvious was pointed out when it was said she didn't already know this information and that there were a couple of ways to get around the issue.

One being she surrender her mind and allow Vanessa in to implant the information. The other would take much longer and would still probably miss out on many things. Not counting the time away she would be missed by Commenor, the Jedi or anybody else that might be looking for her.

If she had the Force, she would have held up one of her hands and made a green orb for a different option. As it was, she did raise a hand with a single finger up.

"There is another option, but it would require me the use of the Force. Are you familiar with Drain Knowledge?"

Of course, there was the​ chance of totally destroying the mind of Vanessa in the process. Jairdain had performed the skill many times now and knew just how much she could or could not dig and leave the person unharmed. It would be up to Vanessa to trust her not to demolish her in the process. If a struggle happened, Jairdain was unsure what damage would be done to either of them.

However, this was common knowledge to Vanessa and always at the top of her mind. Getting it would not be an issue for Jairdain and leaving the other woman intact wouldn't be either.

"Certainly, I'm familiar with Drain Knowledge. I'm also familiar with the fact that were you to use it on me, you would have access to my mind, my memories... my secrets. And I'm not quite certain that's something I'm willing to risk leaving to you." She said. "You have no idea as to the horrific labyrinth of knowledge you would be stepping into, and for your sake, I would prefer we not do such. So again - there are two ways. Either I implant the knowledge in your head, or I teach you over several months. Either option is available." She crossed her arms, waiting for a decision.

Hopefully this wouldn't take too long.

[member="Jairdain"]

Vanessa stated she was familiar with Drain Knowledge and what information she might gain from such an exercise.

"Of course I don't have any idea what type of information I could find if you allowed me free reign to roam around in your mind. However, there are precautions you can take to ensure I only get what you want me to learn."

She was a trained mentalist so Jairdain felt she could easily break past any blockage Vanessa might attempt to put up. Not that she would, but that concern would be within the other woman. ​Jairdain had a serious concern of her own on the offer of Vanessa. While she offered to implant within her mind the simple knowledge of colors and text, she could also implant other things she would be unaware of.

It backed them both in a corner in her mind and neither one wanted the other pawing around in their respective minds.

"There are benefits as well as consequences for either route taken. Both would work. A good thing I can see going the longer route is we get to know one another on a more personal level."

It could be taken as flirting. The night she had been offered immortality, that woman had also tried to seduce her or imply that is what she wanted. Again it was something Jairdain wasn't ready for then. It wasn't exactly how she meant it to come across to Vanessa though however that may not be clear by her wording.

"Why, Jair, I didn't know you were interested." She smiled, looking at the formerly blinded woman. It had been so long since Vanessa had pursued romance, though she was unsure as to whether or not it was something to consider following. After all, Alli, Jak, and many others had taken so much from her. "I can only hope that your sight allows you to see how aesthetically pleasing I am. That said... you seem to be interested in following the longer route. It will be a slow, arduous process. That I assure you. Any perhaps that little light of yours will get snuffed out along the way." She smiled. "Well... I suppose we need to begin."

​Vanessa needed to get to work on curriculum, but at this point she figured it would be best to just start her lessons.

[member="Jairdain"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom