Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time off (meret)

Meret wondered if she was up for the task of overseeing Lucien's rehabilitation. Her firm approach could end their engagement. She was not going to pamper him no matter how much it hurt. On one of her expeditions she worked with a group of Thyferran healers who used energy. They taught her a modality to relieving pain and accelerated healing. Sunny could learn this technique too.
"I may be your knightmare darling! Dr. Bothie I need an exercise room with mats, weights, bars, mirrors like a dance studio?" The doctor nodded. Dancing would be fun and easier than a military approach. "Now I need to get him into bed." Meret rolled her eyes. "The trip was stressful."
Once Lucien was in bed Meret dismissed the attendants and lit candles and brought Sunny to Lucien's bedside. "We are going to learn how to do energy healing." They stood at the side of his bed, close to his injured leg. All three of us will work together. "Now take in a deep breath blow it all out. Let's do it again. All are breaths are united to form a web of life. Sunny hold out your hand and point it at Lucien's injured leg I want you to see Thunder riding fast on his strong legs now imprint that strength and energy onto Lucien's leg. Take your hand and move it as I do."
Meret moved her hand right to left, then down, and then slowly made a circle, repeating the circle two times. "Now seal the deal! Push your hands as hard as you can towards Lucien but not toughing him. And it is DONE! " Meret smiled at Lucien. "We will be back later but now you need to rest."

Lucien made an exaggerated gulp it sounded like torture lay before him. He trusted that Meret knew what she was doing and that she would help him recover ... but he would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous. But then she mentioned taking him to bed a breathed a sigh of relief perhaps he would be granted some R&R after all. Meret commented on how stressful the day had been he smiled "Indeed it has" He followed her to his bedroom leaning heavily on his cane then he took of his jacket and waistcoat, removed his tie unbuttoning the top 4 buttons of his shirt as he did so before removing his footwear and getting into bed, Groaning as he did so.

The soft sheets and luxurious Pillows were like a miracle, The two attendants bowed and left when Meret dismissed them. Lucien exhaled and lay back then Meret announced they were going to do somthing called energy healing, It sounded like superstitious nonsense to Lucien but he had nothing better to do and anything was worth a shot. He breathed in and out and was to his surprise soothed just a little his hip a little less painful now. Lucien put that down to a placebo effect but maybe it really did work ...

A short time later Meret smiled down at him and announced that she was done "Thank you" He said reflecting her smile. Just as she reached the door he called to her "Darling could you have the kitchen staff have tea and a slice of cake prepared for when I wake up?" He had been craving good cake since he had arrived at hospital. He didn't wait for a replied he just lay back and closed his eyes he had not realised how tired he was until now.

Meret muttered "Cake ha ha fat chance." as she left Lucien's room. She talked to Sunny as an equal."Did you know that sugar is very bad for you when you are sick. It retards the healing process. We are going down to the kitchen and find some healthy treats for Lucien." When they arrived in the kitchen the staff distanced themselves from Meret. She grabbed a cast iron pot and banged it with a wooden spoon. "All right everyone, listen up Lord Cordel is recovering from very traumatic injuries. His meals will go through me. No sugar, no chemicals, no synthetic or genetically modified foods. He will only have pure organic foods, vitamins and minerals. Understood?" Meret heard some laughter and soft "yes M'Lady" She went through the cupboards and started throwing out food items that contained no nutrition. "When Lord Cordel wakes up he can have green tea or white tea sweetened with honey, fresh berries and a vitamin smoothie."

The kitchen staff diligently Prepared the Items as requested. They finished just as Lucien rang the service bell to summon what he thought would be cake.The kitchen staff placed everything on a tray and took it over to the service hatch. Luciens head chef looked up from the food he was preparing for the servants "M'lady do you wish me to send up a servant to help his grace" He politely ignored the pile of food that had not made the grade.Lucien had arisen from a troubled sleep His shoulder still gave him issue and although it felt slightly better his hip still hurt. He pushed himself up and began to read the days news.

Meret grabbed the tray. I will deliver the tray. She marched over to Lucien's bedroom and did not bother to knock. She opened the door and placed the tray of green tea, berries and a vitamin and mineral shake and a tea table next to his bed. Lucien saw that there was no cake. She smiled "No Cake. Feeling better?" She had been thinking about their wedding. These injuries could be a sign. Does the Force has different plans for them? It seemed as thought they were not meant to be together. Meret looked down and was quiet. When she spoke it was deliberate and thoughtful. "I am canceling the wedding. You need to recover completely. I just do not understand how you were injured"

"Ah well ... hmm" He smiled "Those look nice enough" He sipped the green tea and grimaced, it tasted vile to him. The berrys and the Mineral shake much better. He offered Meret a seat "I am feeling a little better now" He looked up from the tea, which he was forcing down solely because he knew it would help, when Meret went quiet then she announced that she was cancelling the wedding and expressed confusion over how he got injured He frowned a little "I'm sure it won't be for long I'm quite resilient and I trust you have a skill in therapy so I think only a few weeks postponement will be necessary" He lay back and blushed the story of how he became injured was quite embarrassing "I got injured because I underestimated a jedi knight, this when coupled with her fighting with overwhelming brute force meant that I could only minimise damage and try to land glancing blows, as much as I present the appearance of invincibility I'm not actually invincible"

Meret held his hand as she held back her tears. Then she kissed his hand. " Tomorrow we start your therapy. When I was a young girl, a friend of mine house was on fire. She jumped out of her window, even thought it was at ground level, the fall shattered the bones in her feet. The doctor recommended dance training. Her feet were scarred but she became a famous dancer...so we shall dance!"

A thought that would normally delight Lucien made him shake with fear. He squeezed her hand "Won't that hurt ... a lot?" He quivered, then snapped out of it "Very well you're the expert if it will help we will get it done" He lay back then noticed something ... off. He sat up stroking Meret's cheek "Darling are you alright?" He asked softly, She was on the verge of tears he could feel the ripples in their bond through the force "It will all be fine"

Meret burst into tears. She was fighting an her inner demons. "Lucien, I care about you, I love you but I cannot restrain my emotions. Are your injuries because of me? because you were distracted? Maybe we should not marry? There are times that I want to act like a wild animal...which you would not understand...this whole situation, I am so sorry." She sobbed as she put her head on the side of his bed.

Lucien shot up and pulled Meret close "Darling I love you too and this wasn't your fault ... You are the love of my life and anything you want to do you can I won't stop you ... now come here there is nothing to be sorry for" He hugged her close as he reached for a tissue dabbing her tears away.He didn't do well in these situations

The next morning Meret put on dancing togs, slippers, leggings, sports bra, loose fitting blouse. She brought Lucien a pair of athletic pants.
"Morning darling," Meret held up the dance pants. "We are going to put these on, they are elastic and will protect your injuries." She removed his pajama bottoms and pulled and shimmied and tugged but finally got the pants on. " You don't need shoes." Meret assisted him to the power chair. They went to the work out studio, she helped him to the floor. They faced each other sitting across from each other. Meret removed her slippers, held out her hands. "Spread your legs, darling." She spread her legs pressing her feet against his. She bent his toes forward and then released them."Did you know that old people fall because they loose flexibility in their toes, the large toe is important for balance, spread your toes, come on try, good. Next we will learn major dance position."
She pressed her feet hard against his. "First position heels together turn your toes out, did that hurt? second position seperate your heels, maintain the angle of your feet, spread those legs, third position bring your right heel into the arch of your left foot, forth position bring your right heel so it touches your left big toe now lift your right foot, fifth position now bring your right foot down so your heel rests on your left toe..."

Lucien rubbed sleep from his eye and smiled as Meret came in "Morning Darling ..." He saw she was carrying some pants for him "... Are those for me" He chuckled sitting up. She answered his question by putting them on him. Hip put the sling he had to protect his shoulder on and then Meret moved to help him into a power chair. He shook his head "No, darling I will walk" He said softly he begrudged his loss of independence. His cane shot across the room into his good hand He stood up, it was easier today, and followed Meret down stairs into the exercise room. He sat down lent against a wall for support and did as he was instructed.
He slowly turned his feet out gritting his teeth "Yes he said through his teeth". The second move caused him to wince and it got steadily worse from there The last move brought a full on roar of pain.He still completed them all though "Are we finished darling" He asked after he had got his breath back.

(You seem to know what your doing, For reference Lucien has broken his left shoulder and right hip the rest is bruising)

( if you have a fractured head of your femur you would be in traction in an orthopedic bed for atleast two months. If you had a hip implant your recovery may take less time...Shoulder is actually a joint, you would have a fractured head of your humerus and can be immobilized with a velcro sling holding the arm in place with your forearm across your abdomen.)

She leaned forward and kissed Lucien on the forehead. "Enough ballet for today but I want you to stretch your feet, bend them back and forth." Meret lifted Lucien up to his power chair and walked him back to his bedroom. They strolled back to his bedroom. She pulled off his exercise pants and returned his pajama bottoms. "OK back to bed..."

Lucien smiled as she kiss him on the forehead and complied with all her instructions. He even let himself be helped into a power chair. He got into bed himself but he still couldn't change his own trousers. He nodded reluctantly when she sent him to bed but raised no complaint. "Darling could you have some breakfast brought to to me and have a hot bath prepared" He smiled then his mind turned to finding something to do.

the days pasted quickly from there and very soon and he was soon well again. It was time to prepare for the trip to Naboo to finalist the wedding arrangements, his servants were packing and loading luggage onto the ship. Ready to set off he was exited for this trip he was just waiting for word that the ship was ready then he would find Meret and go to naboo.

Meret was packed for Naboo but this time she paid attention to every detail. She had to watch her "P's and Q's with her father and being with the members of the Queen's Court. There would be no arm wrestling but maybe there would be a flaming dessert. This was all a dream, an illusion. Lucien was healed. Sunny was growing like a bean stalk. Meret waited for some communication from Lord Cordel indicating if he was going to meet him there.

The ship was loaded and Lucien strolled out. In celebration of his recovery he had bought a bigger yacht it looked glorious and was sure to impress Meret's farther. He moved on board via the passenger gangplank whist his servants boarded at the front staff gang-plank. He walked over to the communications room of his new yacht and opening communications with Meret "Darling I am on my way to pick you and sunny up and I have a present for you" He smiled, she didn't have a ship of her own he was about to change that.

The journey to Endor was quick and uneventful, His Old yacht followed them having been refurbished and restaffed ready for Meret's use. The ship landed at the hangar closet to Meret's cabin and Lucien and two members of staff transferred into a transport. he looked out into the forests as he drove was through. It's beauty never ceased to captivate him, It was perhaps strange for a man who had inflicted so much violence but he had become less vile whilst dating Meret. The pulled up outside the house and Lucien knocked on her front door.

Meret as not ready again. She checked her comlink and had missed three messages from Lucien. How could that happen? She closed her trunk and shoved it down the stairs. The heavy trunk gained speed as it flew down the stair case...bump, bump, bump, bam, bang, thud! She finished her make-up as Emma answered the door. "Good to see you Lord Cordel. Please come, Meret will be down soon." Meret gracefully descended the stairs in a golden brocade coat which covered a pale gold gown. Her gold diadem rested above her eye brows. She greeted Lucien sweetly "Lucien you look well, I know I am late. I did not receive your messages, my comlink was derelict."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom