Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time off (meret)

Lucien was relieved to find no turmoil in the mind of his mother-in law. He sat back in his chair Checca's prayer was unneeded Lucien already loved Meret for who she was really. More exotic treats were presented and Lucien tried a bit of each careful to avoid eating more than his host.He was vaguely aware of a wrestling contest going on at the bottom of the table. He knew he would be summoned soon to compete. He had just finished his plate when a gnarled finger appeared before him. It was time to begin. He nodded and stood up laying his jacket over the chair and rolled up his sleeves.Then he walked over to a cleared area with Sheyf and sat down laying his arm down on the table the He gripped to clansman's hand. As they began Lucien focused on holding position, in a straight up game of strength Sheyf would win Lucien just hoped he could outlast him.

Since Checca Blush was the hostess it was her duty to go to each person and ask if they were enjoying themselves. Checca started with Meret and then Lucien. She spoke to Lucien "Don't let him win...show him you are worthy." She watched Lucien take off his jacket and roll up his sleeves. Sheyf Cutter had too much to drink and was enjoying the banter of the crowd. The guests pounded the table. They squared off. The Sheyf had a strong grip but his arm wavered.
Meret watched from the other end of the table. Lucien could have pinned the Sheyf's arm with a small gesture. The Sheyf breath reeked of alcohol. Game on!

"I have no intention of doing so My lady" He had said with a smile when his soon to be mother in law approached. Back at the wrestle Lucien felt the arm of the larger man waver, it was time to strike he pushed against the arm of the larger man and sent it to the table with a crack. He released his opponent's hand "Bring my freind an ale" He said as he stood up and returned to Meret. He took hold of her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Mr. Cutter likes his alcohol" He said gesturing for another glass of wine.

Meret kissed Lucien on his cheek. "Your wrestling skills have proved you worthy!" The crowd caught Meret's kiss and let out a cheer. Dessert was next on the agenda. A flaming cherries liquor served over vanilla ice cream and yellow sponge was a signal it was time for the guests to leave. The dinner started with the flaming roasted boar and ends with the flaming dessert. It is symbolic that the Kiffar clans will always have light, warmth, food and drink. Guests eat and wished the newly betroved couple well.
Meret was happy to be alone with Lucien, Sunny and Checca.

"I am glad" ge said to his wife "Just make certain all my future opponents are drunk and I will continue to prove my apparent prowess" He smiled returning her kiss. Dessert was served and then the guests began to leave. Lucien gathered information on the symbolism from the Mind of Checca, sadly his wife's thoughts were still locked from him. The guests each came to wish Meret and Lucien well before leaving then sunny returned. Lucien yawned he was content but very tired. Lucien gestured sunny closer "Did you have fun?" He asked. Sunny nodded before he too emitted a yawn Lucien ruffled his hair "Perhaps you ought to go to sleep". Lucien then turned to Meret "Darling would it please you to go for a stroll before we retire to bed?"

Meret nodded yes to Lucien. Checca was enjoying Sunny. Meret put on her fur and took Lucien's arm. The compound had formal gardens and charming spots. "My father loves my mother very much but he prefers the culture and social life on Naboo. She visits him and he visits her...We will most likely have a similar arrangement."

He took his wife's arm and walked with her through the gardens, they were quite impressive he would have to compliment the gardener if he saw them. He walked through the gardens and Meret spoke of her parents relationship "I will ensure I visit as often as possible and we can look forward to retirement when work no longer demands our time" He squeezed her hand "When are we going to visit your father darling?" He asked as the neared a fountain the stars reflected in the clear waters.

"We can go when your schedule permits. Father and you, two peas in a pod. Come to my bedroom I have something for you." They finished their walk. One of the servants had started a fire in her bedroom hearth. Her bed was ornately carved and covered in white fur skins. Meret took a small rectangular package containing one pair of silk pajamas, neatly fold, with a satin bow. "Lock your door, let no one see you in these!" Meret laughed as she pointed to her bed..." I wil sleep here, Mother has your room ready! We will make traveling plans tomorrow."

Lucien and Meret concluded their walk and Meret said she had something for Lucien in her bedroom "This is exciting" he smiled and they walked to her bedroom She handed him a white package tied with a bow he opened it up a little and peeked inside. Pajamas ... and silk to boot, He was pleased with that He let the parcel close "I shall indeed lock the door, thank you" He gave Meret a goodnight kiss then left to his own room.

He found the hearth burning in his room and his valet stood just beside the door. A bath had been run for him and then after he had bathed he put his new pajamas on and looked over the news by the fire. It didn't take long for Lucien to grow tired and he was in bed within the hour.

67b3d9a326e94e30000a2aa59811a6de.jpg

Meret was exhausted and found sleeping in her own bed and warmed by the fire soothing. She over slept. When she finally woke up it was close to lunch. Checca had taken Sunny shopping, and lunch was ready. "Morning sleepy head!" Meret's hair was all unbraided, her dress was very casual, and had no make up on. Sunny stared at Meret. " I am fine. It was good to sleep in my bed. I know you understand." Checca placed a glass of blue milk in front of me and Sunny's eyes opened wide. "Is that familiar to you?" He nodded. " Could Tatooine be your home?" Checca looked at him. "I think we found another clue."
Meret knew that Lucien had business to take care of. "Mom, we have to leave, go and visit Dad, the wedding will be in the summer on Naboo." Checca knew already because Emma had given her details.

Lucien had not had the luxury of a long lie in, he had been awoken at 7:30 to hear the news that O'reen was being targeted by the republic who had made a declaration of war.Lucien had expected something after the merge with the Artisans but not this fast, he had sprung out of bed and held a video conference with his military commanders by the time he was finished and packed Meret was awake. He made his way down stairs "Good afternoon" He said to the assembled group before moving closer to Meret to kiss her "I have been called to war, The republic has declared war on us ... We will go to naboo as soon as I'm back" He sighed then began to move to the front door "I love you" he forced a smile then made his way to the ship.The victory on O'reen had not come cheaply many had died and Lucien was severely injured. The doctors lifted him from his medically induced coma two days after the battle. He forced his eyes open but not much. His throat was dry and it took a while to force himself to speak "Meret ..."

The news of Lucien's condition reached Meret on Endor while she was preparing for their trip to Naboo. She questioned the information with a skeptical mind. How could he put himself in harms way? She thought that something was very, very wrong.

"Your fiance has been informed of your injuries m'lord" The doctor replied. Lucien went to push himself up to a seated position, Pain shot through his body. His left shoulder had been shattered along with his right hip and a few ribs were broken, they were the main injuries the rest were just cuts and bruises. Luciens head came back into his pillows "Rest your grace, we will see about moving you soon" Painkillers were administered then Luciens doctor went to go. Lucien stopped him just before the door "Tell lady Blackmoon I am awake and invite her and Sunny to skye"

Meret and Sunny was on route to Skye when she received a communication Lucien's doctor. In a few moments they would be with Lucien. Meret wondered how this all happened. He is a Sith Lord. He is supposed to be invincible. She could not believe that this was happening. Meret considered her future and their plans. The wedding would have to be postponed or put off indefinitely. They could have a bedside ceremony but that was a morbid thought.
Meret waited until they received the word from an hospital staff member that they could go in to Lucien's room. She move two chairs close to his bed. And then they waited for him to wake up.

Lucien turned his head as he heard her come in. He smiled weakly "Darling, you arrived quickly" He smiled and reached out his right hand to touch hers, She was worried "You look worried my darling there is no need for that, I will be fine again soon" He gestured sunny close so that they were almost face to face "Have you found any more clues?" He whispered. The boy smiled and nodded "Milk"

"We think there might be a connection to Tatooine to Sunny's home. But you should see him ride Thunder and he has started weapons training, broad swords...How did this happen? Did you let someone see your silk pajamas?" Meret asked teasingly in hopes of bringing a smile to his lips.
Meret's thought were focused on Lucien's recovery time. She stepped out into the hall and found an attending physician. "I want to see Lord Cordel's patient files." "Who are you? "I am Governor Blackmoon and I need to know what therapies you are providing? There is no Bacta therapy no hyperbaric oxygen therapy? What kind of an institution is this? I want Lord Cordel in a bacta tank asap."
Meret returned to Lucien's bedside...

Lucien smiled "I'm glad to hear it" Then Meret commented on his pajamas he chuckled a little "You are cruel you know, Laughing hurts" he smiled. He lay back and watched her glide from the room, Then came the stern words to the doctor. He turned his head to look at sunny "Some Advice, never get on Lady Blackmoons bad side." Sunny smiled Lucien continued as the doctor rushed in "and bring Lady Blackmoon along if you get hurt she seems to be rather skilled at getting doctors to do their jobs" He smiled to Meret as she returned. The senior Physician walked over to Luciens bed "Your Grace, It seems oversight on behalf of your doctor has led to improper treatment I am about to rectify this ... We will get a Power chair for you" The doctors voice droned on, Lucien was beginning to dislike these doctors. Never the less he answered "Thankyou" He smiled politely as he watched the head doctor and his sheepish entourage file out. "I pay far too much for those Oafs" He said to Meret "Thankyou for whipping them into shape" A few moments later an orderly arrived with a Power chair and Lucien went off to prepare for the bacta tank.

Lucien returned sometime later walking with the aid of a cane He smiled at Meret as he went to sit upon the edge of his bed. He was swiftly followed by the rotund head Physician who was red faced "My lord, the course of action you wish to take is ill advised ..." Lucien turned still smiling "As is yours ..." he said softly spinning the cane in his hands "unless you wish to find yourself among the unemployed" The doctor bowed and walked out sneering as he exited Lucien earshot "I have decided that I would be more comfortable at home and it seems to me that between you and my private Physician I will be in much better hands than those of this mockery" His assistant lent his head around the corner "I have cleared up the discharge forms and a transport is waiting for your graces"

Sunny was interested in the mechanics of how the bacta worked. Meret simplified the explanation by comparing the metamorphosis of a caterpilliar into a butterfly. The old is replaced with the new. He nodded in wonderment. Meret was dismayed by the treatment of Lucien. He had forgotten that she was a well trained medic. On the other hand she was glad to have Lucien transferred to home where she could assist with his recovery. Lucien was not going to like her regiment of physical therapy.
Lucien was safe aboard his ship. " Darling tomorrow we start your physical therapy. Sunny you will assist me." She held his hand as they returned to his palace. It would be another new adventure for Sunny.

Lucien smiled slightly "Why does that fill me with a sense of dread?" A light chuckle escaped him then he winced "So long as I get better and go to bed each day feeling more comfortable than the day before" He squeezed Meret's hand, she was a great comfort to him. He leaned in close his movements slow and planted a kiss upon her cheek "Thank you, you were my Knight in shining armour". They neared the palace and began a slow descent, The pilots had been warned that a bumpy landing wouldn't be tolerated.

The Palace itself was more like a fortress nestled in a mountain range, reachable only by hiking through the mountains, boarding a shuttle which went to and from the Skye central barracks or being on board one of the few ships in the galaxy to know all the information to avoid being shot down. The Building Lucien resided in was considerably smaller than his house on Zaadja and had a smaller staff maintaining it, but more guards than his other house. Everything required for his recovery was available from Saunas to swimming pools.

Lucien made a slower than normal transition supported by Meret at the door the 10 staff members greeted them and Luciens Private Physician "Your grace, My Lady" He said with a bow. Luciens own doctor had advised the evacuation team to take him to a private hospital but they had insisted that they were taking him to the military hospital and Lucien had been too weak to notice and object. "Dr., This is my Fiance Meret Blackmoon" He gestured from the doctor to Meret "Darling this is Dr. Bothie, If People listened to him more often I might not always end up injured" The doctor smiled "Lady Blackmoon I have heard of the events at the hospital ... You caused quite a stir, Anything you require for his graces recovery can be obtained by me and should you need help in any way don't hesitate to summon me"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom