Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time off (meret)

They returned to the stable and Lucien dismounted and walked over to sunny "I will back back soon don't cause any mischief" He said ruffling the boys hair then he Lent in close "And look after Lady Blackmoon" He whispered "We don't want her causing mischief either"
"I would Like you to take your ring back" He smiled, then He descended to one knee and offered it back to her. Once she had taken it he rose back to his feet and kissed her goodbye "Would you walk me back to my ship,when I have changed My darling?" He smiled awaiting her reply before going back to his chambers to change from his riding clothes. Returning a short time later and offering his hand.

Tears filled her eyes and the reflection of light of the gems created a halo around her hand. "I am sorry I was such a drama queen." Their kiss was that of romance novellas and and scented bed sheets. She agreed to walk him to his ship. "I have time to show Emma!" They walked in together. Emma saw tears on Meret's cheeks and gave Lucian a stern look. Then she raised her hand and wiggled her fingers. Emma hugged both of them with Lucien struggling to get out of her grasp. "He has to go..." Emma released the soon to be husband.

"So Long as I am your drama king I don't care" he smiled as the walked to the kitchen. The minute they were over the threshold he felt the eyes of the housekeeper boring into him, he hadn't even done anything wrong but he still felt guilty. Then he was locked in a tight embrace, it was warm and loving but it made Lucien feel uncomfortable it felt like family and his family had been gone a long time a few seconds passed and he returned the embrace, he could take family the prospect was growing on him.Emma released him and he smiled "I owe you a debt my lady" he said to the housekeeper "If the time comes that you require something and I am in a position to help I will" Lucien always repaid in kind when favours were done for him. Bidding his fiance good bye he left for his ship.

Lucien returned two days later, he had taken no chances everything he wearing and would wear whilst on Kiffu was new right down to his cufflinks. He fiddled with them as his transport made it's way to Merets house it was coming up to sunlight and a cold wind replaced the warm sun of the day he pulled his overcoat tighter the soft synthetic fur hugging his neck. The transport pulled up outside Meret's cabin, his chauffeur opened Luciens door then himself and the footman Lucien had brought followed their lord to her door. He knocked lightly on her door.

Meret looked out the window to see Lucien standing on her doors steps...she was not ready for the trip. Emma answered the door and fixed Lucien a proper cup of tea. She slam danced her way through packing...shoving things, items, essentials into her bag. Her "Kiffar" outfit had been packed by Emma. She liked to travel comfortably and would change on route to Kiffu. Her make up was perfect. She shoved her bag down the stairs Ka Boom and laughed. Lucien must feel as though he is traveling with some wayward flower child and not his bride to be. Endor was a safe space for Meret; she behaved as a juvenile if she wanted. Emma had Sunny all packed and ready to go on an adventure. She heard him give Emma instructions about caring for Thunder. " Give him three carrots no more other wise he won't eat his dinner..." Meret descended the staircase. " Ready? Darling, I am going to change when we are closer to Kiffu." Emma was there with her holo cam. "A holo image for me, please?" They posed. It was their first of many holo images. Lucien looked like the adult father, Meret appeared to be the teenage sister and Sunny was the baby...

The door came open and Lucien was greeted by merets housekeeper and led to the lounge He settled into an armchair and a cup of tea was brought to him, his staff stood behind his seat.Upstairs he could hear thuds and crashes as Meret packed.Lucien lazily lifted his hand "Go and help Lady Blackmoon pack" the two left the room to be greeted by a descending suitcase followed by laughter Lucien laughed too. His servants were less amused but they didn't show it. Lucien stood to greet Meret as she descended "Very good darling" He smiled, Emma asked for a photo Lucien nodded "of course" He said moving over to Meret "... Take Lady Blackmoons and Mr. Sunny's bags to the transport" He said to his two staff he moved close to her. After the Photo he smiled and offered his arm to Meret and his hand to sunny.

As the ship ascended into orbit Meret took out a comb and begun her preparation for her visit to Kiffu. She parted her hair and took a small section from the side of her head and tightly braided it. "Kiffar women are known for their braided tresses. Some wear wigs but a real authentic Kiffars wear their own braids." She showed Sunny how to do a section. Meret's hair need to be braided and arranged on her head."Sunny, when you meet my mother she will shake your hand and give you a good squeeze. Do not show any pain but give her a good squeeze back. Grip her hand hard. Understand? She will know you are a strong warrior. You look like me and she might make some funny comment. You need to be respectful . Tell her you are proud to look like as those that belong to her clan."
Meret hoped Lucien was listening and picking up good hints. He needed to be gracious even though Checca Blush could be obnoxious and rude. The braiding of her hair was finished. Meret slipped into a private room to change her clothes. She put on a red gown and a snow white fur that covered her shoulders. She stepped out, formally dressed to see Lucien's approval. Sunny shouted " You look like a queen!"

(Just for reference this is a map of Luciens ship)
The transport was back at his yacht before he knew it. His staff moving the luggage into the ship then moved to the servants quarters within the ship. Lucien helped Meret and sunny out of the transport and into the ship, He led them both to the ships lounge and sat down there were refreshments on the coffee table. As they reached Orbit Meret began to braid her hair, Lucien watched transfixed by her beauty he listened carefully to what she had to say, he could hold his tongue for the time they would be here. Whilst Meret was changing in her cabin Lucien took sunny tom see the swimming pool and they went to spy on the pilot,they arrived back just in to to greet Meret. Sunny exclaimed that she looked like a queen and Lucien could only agree "She is My Queen" He said dropping to his knees to kiss her hand "You look ravishing My Lady" He smiled up at her. Sunny began to giggle Lucien turned "Oi you" He said still with a smile on his face. He stood up "Have you had chance to see my ship Darling, I think it a little small and may invest in the bigger model."

Meret was not impressed with the opulent ship. Her Kiffar warrior maiden thought that it was a great waste of resources for one man. Her father would approve. She wanted to ask him "Do you know how many homesteads you could build from the price of this ship?" She told him "Impressive." She heard his compliments and nodded. But she was only dressing like this was to make her mother happy. Soon they would descend into the orbit of Kiffu. At the residence of Checca Blush, servants were preparing a feast. Checca was excited to see her daughter. Of course Emma, Meret's Housekeeper, gave Momma Blush a heads up about Lucien but did not mention Sunny. It was time!
3d61e63aa1b77d3c5cd58d8130cb83e6.jpg

Had Lucien still been able to read her thoughts he would have responded with something witty. alas he couldn't read her mind and therefore she would not hear his wit. Lucien detected that Meret was less impressed than she said, He would need to think of a new wedding present it seemed. Lucien walked up to Meret "Darling we have a problem, I have forgotton my animal skin ... I shall have to go dressed like this" He smiled. One of the ships crew entered the lounge "M'lords, M'lady we are about to land" Lucien nodded as his stomach turned. He had to remind himself that he had faced down war fleets and that it was only Merets Mother, the worst she would do was chastise him. He squeezed Merets hand. Once the ship had landed he turned to Meret "Lead on darling"

A diplomatic transport was waiting for them. With all the perks of a retired diplomat Checca Blush used them. The household staf was waiting for Meret, and Lucien to arrive. She introduced Lucien to them " This is Lord Cordel, Governor of of Skye and Zaadja." They walked down a line of bowing servants. The massive door was open and they walked into a formal salon where Checca was waiting. Meret hugged her mother. "Mother this is Lord Cordel. I am going to...." "Yes yes I know. Emma told me all about him." Checca extended her hand to Lucien and gave it a good hard squeeze. She could not read anything from his jewelry. Sunny peaked out from Lucien shadow. Checca looked at Meret and then at Lucien. "is there something you want to tell me? Who are you young man? Oh dear, he is your love child from that soldier!" Meret intervened before the conversation became twisted. "NO mother Sunny is a refugee and we are trying to find his home."
Checca's attention was on Sunny. She felt his tunic..."A pirate gave you this, his ship came from a planet whose location in the Kathol Rift. But that is not your home...we shall talk later." Checca pointed to the main dining room where guests were waiting to be introduced to the future husband.

Lucien nodded a diplomatic transport, that was good at least they would travel in style. He was pleased to see a line of servants poised to greet them, Things like that appealed to his pride, as he passed through their lines he made a silent count of them. At the end of the line there was a massive set of open doors leading to a formal Salon were Checca. Meret rushed to hug her, Lucien took measured steps towards her offering her a bow as she detached from Meret.She shook his hand firm and much akin to a vice, strong especially for a retiree. He returned in kind with a vice like grip of his own, he face showed nothing. Sunny Peeked out from behind him and looked at the lady who had brought Meret into the world, as Meret predicted the elder Blush began commenting. He was about to say something to defend his wife's honour, but Meret seemed to sort it. He followed his future mother in laws finger into the dining room his arm around Merets, He stood on the threshold of the room before inclining his head and listening to Meret "Who is the most important person I need to see?"

" The older man at the end of the table with the buckskin waist coat...Sheyf Xak Elh Cutter, connected to Kiffu Guardians and Clan Vos, very powerful." The couple greeted the guests and exchanged formalities. Meret listened comments about her being all grown and many asked about the absence of a clan tattoo. She reminded them that her father, Sam, did not allow her to show her clan marks because of his diplomatic status.
Checca had Sunny at her side and was proud to see a young one with such courage. She told him. "Enjoy yourself tonight, eat like a hungry reek and tomorrow we will find your family." This was a Clan event so all members were invited. The children had a dinner in the garden. Sunny looked at Checca to see if he could go and join them and she nodded. "Go join your clan brothers and sisters."

Lucien nodded and he and Meret Moved around the table greeting and conversing with everyone, He was asked a few times about his clan. He politely explained that he didn't have one. He and Meret slowly made their way around the guests and came to their seats just in time to watch sunny run outside to join the other children. He smiled glad they had brought the boy Merets Mother seemed impressed. He pulled out Merets chair to allow her to sit down then took his own. He listened attently to the small talk responding were able and necessary whilst he silently awaited his own dinner. A few moments later his valet came in to whisk away Lucien coat, he had quite forgotten to remove it on arrival.

Lucien's valet graciously took Meret's fur too. "You can eat with your fingers and afterwards the men and some of the ladies will want to arm wrestle you...hehe" A plate of dumplings stuffed with greens and roast was placed before the couple. Meret used her fingers and picked one up.
Sheyf Cutter raised his bronze goblet up and toasted the couple "To Meret our sassy lass and Lucien our fresh prince may their lives be long and their children fill our clan!" Goblets were raised and the guests pounded on the table. Meret whispered to Lucien "It's your turn to make a toast, make it tavern esque, grrr male bonding stuff!"

Lucien rolled his eyes "That could be an issue" He smiled "I'm not that good at wrestling". He picked up a dumpling it dripped a small amount of grease It ran down his fingers, he sucked it from his fingers. The gentleman from before stood up to toast himself and his wife. He smiled and raised his glass in return, He didn't bang on the table though. Meret informed him that he was to make a toast, He rose his chair scraping on the floor "I Propose a toast to My darling wife and you her family and now mine, Nay we all be granted a long and fruitful lives" He sat down hoping it would be suitable perhaps it would not but he hoped it would. He continued with his dumplings he lent over to Meret "How did I do?"

No one pounded on the table. Meret started with her fist and others followed. She stood up and raised her goblet."Here's to a long life and a merry one. A quick death and an easy one. A handsome mate and an honest one. A cold ale and another one!" The guests pounded on the table. Meret lean close to Lucien "Kiffar warrior maidens are not described as darling. Don't worry you will get the hang of it." A roasted boar was rolled in on a serving cart. The Chef doused the carcass with a clear liquid and set it on fire. Blue flames shot up as the sugar crust melted. Checca stood up and thanked the guests "Now we eat!" The fire died down and the chef carved the meat.

Lucien expected he would do it wrong. He smiled " I hope I will" He shook his head note to self get more manly. He smiled to himself ... That wouldn't happen he like nice things too much. He would leave gruff clan talk to Meret. His eyes lit up as the boar was carried in.He watched as it went up in flames this was a real boar. He watched as the sugar melted and then the flames died out. The boar was served and more wine was poured. He tucked in it was good he lent over again "Have I let you down?" He frowned he slightly nervous this was new to him. He reached out to Checca Blush secretly seeing what she thought of him.

Checca's thoughts were focus on Sunny. She had heard all she needed to know about Lucien from Emma. Beyond her tough no none sense reputation she was a nurturing, caring mother. She saw that loving trait in Meret which gave her great satisfaction. Meret always had a mind of her own and did what she wanted when she wanted to. Checca mentally said a prayer for Luciien so that he could accept Meret as she was. The meal proceeded with exoctic treats. An arm wrestling contest broke out at the end of the table. Sheyf Cutter won that round and his slightly blood shot eyes found Lucien nibbling on braised tubers. His gnarled fingers pointed to Lucien "You're next young prince!" Guests started pounding on the table and then they shouted "Prince, prince, prince!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom