Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three Headed Firaxa Attack

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu listened to Corvus and there were ways to work out that, she could think of a few while moving with soe of her attention on a few of the things and places. She also thought about what it was Corvus could help her with and some things came to her mind as the jedi master smiled a little getting the information on the screen. "Well there is but it would be something big." She said it while remaining there and pulling up survey reports of the system and planets while she was identifying things. "There we go, they found a large vein of hibridium crysta. We can pick up some after we leave here and get to work on your cloak." She offered a look while moving and there was more to it now while getting as much information as she could and inputting the data for the city. "We should also be able to get some generators for the city to recharge it. Might not be able to fly or have its shield but it will be able to have power and we can remove a lot of the ice above."

Corvus listened. “Hibridium?” It wasn’t doubt in her voice, just a lack of knowledge. “I tend to rely on others to solve problems like this — and I’m glad to see my faith is well placed.”

“Now, as far as firing up the generators and clearing the ice, you just tell me what to do — and I’ll do it. Right?”

Corvus was a true believer in the meritocracy she espoused. If sleeves needed rolling up, she simply went to work. If others had greater knowkedge, she allowed them to take the lead. It was entirely logical and invariably worked well.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Now she was thinking of where to start while looking at the jedi grandmaster and grinning to herself. Oh if they were going to get it going then yes they would have to work on some of the things while she was moving and looking at the map. "Well nothing so big just yet, the communications system is what is important to send the coordinates to get crews here to start work. It helps that we were able to chart a course through so they'll be able to move faster and get here quicker with the aster ships we have been working on." She was also glad they would be able to work on some things while she was working on the technical aspect with data packets she could send for the droids and computers to relay. She wanted to get them here for a forward operation but also on the worlds hey had gotten information on and marked. "They'll be able to get in here and do more work then me."

Corvus nodded. They’d found the place but alone they could be here a lifetime to achieve anything significant. It was time to call in resources. Time to bring Jedi and technicians in to assist in the excavation and exploring.

“I’m a librarian at heart and a Grand Master through necessity. All this science and technology isn’t my thing, but I’m always able to roll my sleeves up and lend a hand where it’s needed. So as I say, point me in a given direction, wind me up and off I go.”

She smiled to show she was being earnest and would do whatever it took to ensure the job got done to Matsu’s satisfaction.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Looking at her as she was making the movements towards the communications room and well she didn't need to wind up the grandmaster. Simply having her here and not being alone in all of this was more then enough as she got inside the one room and just looked at the girl. "I am the way, a librarian at heart but it is so much fun to do this and just come out exploring. Plus well I love my daughters but four is hard to take care of it is nice sometimes to just have time to myself and relax. it is why Sasori fulfills all the needs, I needed some excuse after their mother died to get out and have time to myself."

Corvus listened. Time to herself was an alien concept. And one that she’d struggled to reconcile for many years before meeting Silara. Before she accepted her emotions.

“I run…” she said by way of an explanation. “Sure I do a few solo missions, but running is my time to think and reflect. Twice a day as a rule. And a long run once a week. It not only keeps me fit but it helps me clear my thoughts and mull over difficult decisions.”

“Four daughters? I came from a large family and remember how noisy it was. I can understand the need for tranquility from time to time.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Running was one way to clear your mind as she moved into the communications array looking over some of the things in the room and activating the consoles. The holoimager was damaged but she could get the communications systems working as the jedi master was adjusting the frequency. "We have a connection to some of the old temples it looks like, there is coruscant, cularin and a really old temple on Arkania." She knew how to work on Cularin at least and could make a connection to the research team they had set up there awhile ago to go through the ruins. That they had communications just meant the section hadn't been destroyed and she was guessing the geothermal power was helping. "We've had a team there since they helped uncover the Eye of the Sun, most of the jedi and council forgot about them but they stayed dilligent in searching through the ruins of the academy."

Corvus watched as Matsu operated the communication array as if she had been using it all her life. Corvus was competent with technology, but certainly not an expert.

The mention of old Temples piqued Corvus’ interest. They had lost many to the One Sith – but the prospect others might still be habitable was of great interest to her.

“The Eye of the Sun?” she echoed. It was most certainly an artefact from her most favourite era – the Ruusan campaign. “Is that still in existence?” Given Matsu said a team had found it, the answer had to be yes, but she found the words spilled out regardless.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"Yes it is in my pocket." The small stone was for all intents and purposes a rock until you managed to make it work and then it was a glowing stone that channeled the force into everything. That she could say it casually was in her pockets... well on her belt in a compartment protected but still it was there. That she had access to artifacts and knew their location like the Fell Star and the Heart of the universe surprised her sometimes though. "It was found near the ruins and has proven invaluable to research and understanding. Still don't know how it came into existence but it exists and shines like its namesake in the force when used."

Corvus laughed out loud, then slapped her hand over her mouth. The answer was surreal, but then, how was she to know.

“You carry it around with you?” she said, still smiling. “Well who would have guessed? Not me obviously.” She shook her head.

“Let me think. What other artefact might you have about your person? The Muntuur Stones? No, they’re at Lothal. Luke’s original X-wing perhaps? Master Yoda's walking stick? Master Yoda himself?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu looked at Corvus and rose up as she was standing there for a moment and then moved setting some of her things aside to take off the outer robes as she held the attention and then the belt leaving the inner robes with their light brown form fitted design. Slowly her hand grazed along her stomach until she glowed a little and vaugely in the ice the image of Ulic appeared while she was channeling it. "Ulic Qel-Droma gave me his belt and robes, an anceint artifact of the lightsade as well as his family holocron." She stopped and had never really been able to summon and maintain the spirit but it sometimes helped when she needed him or advice... same for Nomi with the outer robes and armband or several artifacts she had found containing the spirits of ancient jedi that were close to them. "Though if you would like to talk to master yoda I could show you how to sit in on any of his lectures and not just from holocrons. Be like you are really there and can almost touch him." She said it raising her eyebrows insome teasing but the techniques to stream through time and observe were amazing when you didn't tire yourself out... say having a powerful force artifact able to augment and channel to maintain your body and stamina.

Corvus’ ears pricked up at the mention of Ulic Qel-Droma. “I met a fragment of his Force Ghost once. On Rhen Var. Not sure if it’s still there, or if it was the only fragment. But we’ve chatted. It was my first Force Ghost actually. Advised me to select the crystal I did. I say advised…her counselled me on the pros and cons. But it felt like advice.”

“And Master Yoda lectures?” If it was possible to get even more excited, Corvus managed it. “Really? I would love that. How? How do you manage it?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"Very very carefully." She had learned how to do it and when working within the rift she could do it in ways no one else could... well except her teachers but they were not always the most liberal in their sharing of knowledge. No she knew because she had sweat and worked to do it... taking down a fragment of a fear god from across the universe partially held in a pocket dimension also helps but they had only been asking for her to find what was within the temple as Matsu had explored it and the mention of the fragment on Rhen Var had been where she was with her padawan when she had found the mans crystal. "I'll show you but it is not something done easily nor casually, needs ritual and." She smiled. "Well not all of that but it does require a strong connection to the force and focus to use. When we return to the galaxy I can show you but be careful what you do."

Very, very carefully! Corvus smiled. It was the sort of advice she was prone to give.

But she also knew what the few words said. Hard work. A lot of focus and the possibility for failure. Things that were so special were invariably fraught with such challenges.

”Then I shall look forward to the opportunity to learn,” she said. ”I’m sure it will be worth the investment of time. But talking of time, what now?” Corvus was mindful of focussing on the here and now and not being too distracted by the possibility of future training.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Yes what next? Matsu was thinking about it but the connection was through while she was communicating with some of the jedi droids moving forward. They would be arriving and the pair of them should be able to do several things still while she stood up. "Well we can relax and return to the ship. We have the location with the jedi teams and they can arrive here, the power being saved will help keep the city protected for later." She was having some thoughts while going over the different things on her datapad as she walked to lead the way back to the window they had entered from. Picking up a few things along the way and looking over it. "These mining surveys will help as well for supplies and materials we can use to rebuild the city."

Corvus nodded. Typically her expeditions involved arriving somewhere, locating someone or something and departing. The concept of others following on was a new one to her. At least until she met Matsu. This was the second time she'd been on such a journey with matsu and if felt rather good. To be the ones to discover something and then open the way for others to follow and do lots of good work.

"At least we didn't find a three-headed Firaxa," she chuckled, but glanced around anxiously, just in case.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Well they had it was just thankfully not alive and more dead, frozen and not among the living.. it had ceased to be a threat. Still Matsu couldn't deny that she was rather enjoying this idea of exploring and searching out lost civilizations with the jedi grandmaster. She would have to find a way to do it again and they had a whole lot of information in the navigational computers while she was moving and getting them back up to the tower. "Well maybe next time we'll fight something, it can't all be fighting and danger. Sometimes you just find nothing around a site while working to try and piece together the things that are there." SHe looked out the window they had cut at the ship and there was a calmness as it seemed to be night. Instead of snow it was bright sun in the sky and she could see more of the ice shelf. "WHo knows what we might find in this glacier from working on the city, maybe more creatures lost to time, maybe less." A smile though remained on her face and Matsu looked back at Corvus. "Hopefully now with those coordinates we will be able to go and discover what types of sites the ancient jedi had been trying to get."

Corvus smiled. The way Matsu spoke she was almost apologising for not finding something deadly to fight. Sure, it spiced things up, but returning from each journey with all limbs still attached was never a bad thing.

Corvus followed Matsu’s gaze. Ancient Jedi sites were one of her weak spots. The chance to see things how they once were was a really enticing prospect for her.

“Long extinct animals I understand, but give me some new piece of Jedi Lore any day,” she said, smiling again as the rays of the sun shone brightly. She had enjoyed the trip, but a hot cup of tea in front of a fire wouldn’t go amiss right now.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Fire and some tea sounded like a great plan and after a long long day of exploring a lost city there was so much they could do. Still heading back into the ship as she looked over some of the things in the bag and the ship laying them out on the table. A smile was on her face though while setting the course for them to return home. She could drop Corvus off at the temple and get to her own under the one temple with a small grin. Maybe everything will be taken care of while Matsu sat down and was inputting the data into the astrometrics computers to get a better more up to data representation of the locations. THe different companion systems would prove for a time challenging btu she wasn't going to turn down the chance of it all to explore them and lost jedi temples in other galaxies well there wasn't a whole lot able to compete with that while she was setting the course to send them home. "Well we'll get you home and then I plan to sleep and relax."

Corvus smiled. She planned to…well not sleep and not relax. She managed on four hours of shut-eye a day and mediated to compensate. She knew she’d return to a mountain of paper-work and eager Padawans looking for lessons and missions.

But she did not see any of this as a chore — but rather a reward. It was what she was good at. What she lived for.

“Lothal for me,” she said as Matsu looked to punch coordinates in. “Not sure how long I’ll remain there though.” And she pulled out her datapad and started to check the volume of messages that had built up since she’d been on the trip.

“I’ve had a great time,” she said once she’d scanned those marked urgent. “So it goes without saying that I’m sure we’ll be doing this again sometime.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom