Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three Headed Firaxa Attack

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Finding all that she could, Matsu had gathered for the grand master of the jedi order something special, mostly because the girl was skilled and much like her loved to learn. That was why even here on ossus there ewre a few things the jedi master could teach as she waited in the ship, clutching the holocron of the bull who had done much on this world. Leading Corvus to a lost city of the jedi with ancient starmaps was the ultimate goal while she leaned back in the ship. They had supplies for the journey there and for exploring it, depth suits to go underwater as well as sonic emitters to repel underwater creatures. She also had a few of the things they could work on and as promised some of the new things for Corvus. A circlet she could wear on her ankle to have an environmental shield as well as one of the gemstones she could use as a force battery filling it with force energy to keep in case something happens.

Corvus was used to travelling in one of her own ships, so it was different and good in equal measures to be the guest for a change.

The only down-side was that she had to pack for the trip – something she was not used to doing. So she filled her holdall with the essentials – a change of robes being the primary item.

For Corvus invariably travelled light. No personal effects, no armour or trinkets. Her hand went to the two chains around her neck. Regardless, she would take something to remind her of Braith – and one even told her where she was any given moment of the day.

So…holdall in hand she headed for the hangar, to Matsu’s ship. They were heading to somewhere special. Somewhere sacred for Jedi. And Corvus couldn’t wait. So she greeted her fellow traveller with a small bow and a beaming smile. "I'm ready," she offered.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu was looking at Corvus when the girl arrived and she looked her over. A smirk on her place and the best part of it all Matsu had everything set up they could use as she set the auto pilot to make their trip's first leg. She was going to see her and stood there with her for a moment straightening her hair. "There is a cabin made up for you, one of the circlets my researchers have crafted. it will well it is an anklet tht will protect you from environmental hazards to a point. Cold weather, blistering heat, acid rain and poisoned air." She showed it. "We've also been working on a few others things like new model utility belts based off the bodo baas belt that was stolen from the temple archives long ago. We've been working on a few other things we have found from recovering ancient artifacts." She held up a small blue gemstone that pulsed with the force. "Tutaminis crystal able to become a force battery in the hands of a skilled user."

Corvus bowed politely to Matsu as she was greeted and gave her a customary smile. Her smile broadened when she heard of the gift. Matsu knew Corvus did not like the cold and so the ankle-circlet was going to be a boon.

And she marvelled at the Jedi’s ingenuity. This was truly awe-inspiring and some of the things had tremendous benefit for the Jedi – although it was the Tutaminis crystal that was of most interest. Corvus was lucky enough to have spent enough research time on meditation to be able to recharge both her energy and Force reserves in a short matter of time. But a tool that any Jedi could use was remarkable.

“It’s a wonder you have any time left to go searching,” she said, the levity in her voice positive. “And thank you for your hospitality and the gift. I shall wear it always.”

“Is it just the two of us travelling?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu looked at Corvus as she gave a nod of her head offering a smile. "Yes it will be just us, the lost jedi city might be destroyed or lost. Taking an entire team to it whont serve a purpose yet if it isn't there but... we also need to figure out the clues. The old jedi weren't very open about letting their artifacts fall into others hands. The Bull id things well enough especially information about what there might be defending it or keeping it hidden. All I know is where the system is." Matsu was walking in the ship and compared to before with their gear this time she had included dive suits as well as speeders to ride. "We got everything for exploring the polar regions of Kamino."

Kamino was one of those planets Corvus had never visited. To be fair the galaxy was a large one – but given invasions, missions and various treasure hunts, she’d travelled to most places that Obi-Wan had. But this would be another first.

At least they weren’t going to collect a droid army – or fight a legendary bounty hunter. At least she didn’t expect so – but you never knew. She shook her head slightly. No…most unlikely.

And water she was expecting. Rain she was resigned to. But a polar region? “Polar as in ice, or just…you know…at the pole?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu looked at her. "Ice, we're going under the ice." She had the grin while everything was closing up and preparing to head off. Matsu looked at Ossus as her attention with some of it on the map. She was making some notes as they started to take off and the ship shifted direction once it was out of the gravity well of the planet. Able to go to hyperspace as it made a vertical leap above the galactic plane, then showed on the star maps the image of the galactic disc with the different satellite galaxies around while the view of Rishi came into view. Slowly Matsu pointed to it and to the map for Corvus before they were heading there as she sat straightening her hair with a small brush. "So grandmaster, have you gotten to relax and enjoy yourself? I know it can be tiring leading but you should have time to relax. There used to be these amazing hotsprings on Ossus."

Under the ice? Corvus had only been under-water once before. Not a positive experience. But Matsu seemed pleased enough, so she decided she had no choice but to go with the flow. The ice-flow perhaps?

And for once they were having a more casual conversation. She was suddenly aware she’d spent quite a bit of time with Matsu, yet knew next to nothing about her.

“They might well still be there,” Corvus replied, “But I haven’t found them. When on Ossus I spend 90% of my time in the Academy. The remainder is in the grounds, doing more training or a weekly run into the jungle area that surrounds the gardens. You bump into al sorts of people.”

“And until a matter of weeks ago, I tended to spend every minute of every day as a Jedi. There was no time for me as a person. For no other reason than I didn’t want there to be. But that has changed recently. I’ve spent time on Tatooine and that’s been most relaxing.” A broad grin came over her face, which she realised and quickly rearranged it.

“So…what do you do to pass the time when you’re not busy on Jedi duties?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu was looking at Corvus and something had changed in her, it seemed like a glow... curious but how quickly she seemed to change her smile had the jedi master watching with a raised eyebrow. "Well that is good, you should not deny yourself some things... Constrict, ration it surely but from research and from some of the observations." Matsu remained there while she sat and brought a few things out, nothing special just a small set of crystals and electric current. "It is not always easy for jedi who have been trained from a young age. The more they have been taught to suppress, the more to control anything. Endangers them to what happens if they give in once or experience it. It is why torturing jedi is a strong way to turn them. The more they have been controlled the more liberating it can feel and they'll want it more and more." She didn't look at Corvus leaving it there and she had done that, with Hanna as the crystals were working to make music as she adjusted them changing it to make it more soothing and enjoyable. "Not just for anger it can apply to other emotions as well."

Corvus nodded. “I can certainly hear the wisdom in that. I suppressed my emotions for over two decades. When I finally opened up to them, it was overwhelming. And quite scary too.”

“I can see how it would have been easy to take advantage of me – but fortunately that was not the case. And even now I am coming to terms with the various emotions – what they all mean and the complexity of them.”

“But oddly freedom was never a factor. Perhaps because I was in control. I decided to open up. I decided to access my emotions. Or maybe I’m just kidding myself? The thing I have in my advantage is that I can turn them off again at a moment’s notice. So I can be objective about the whole situation.”

“And you never answered my question.” Her jibe was clearly good-natured. “What do you do when you’re not being a Jedi? Apart from hot spas?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu looked at her. "I've never tried not being a jedi, there was a chance once but I was scared and ran away from it... much to my detriment as afterwards having to deal with Kiskla cost me much more." She said the last with a tinge of regret looking. "But dwelling on the past can block you from seeing the future and that is much brighter now that there is a jedi grandmaster who respects knowledge over locking it away and only letting her friends see it." Now Matsu rose up and rolled her shoulders as they dropped out of hyperspace. A vertical jump was one thing but seeing the other galaxy there out the window before they were rotating and preparing the real jump. "I'd be ready, it will take us close to the well when we head there." Matsu pointed to the mass of suns forming the well, dozens of small suns caught in an area just above and outside the main galaxy. "The planets inside were used by the pius dea and we found one of their orders temples a long time ago." They were jumping and Matsu sat back down again seeing the lines and letting the hyperspace lines go past the window. "It is good though that someone didn't try and take advantage of you, not many can say that. It sounds like a keeper."

Corvus listened and empathised. Her predecessor had many positive qualities and was considered one of the finest Grand Masters of recent history. Corvus by contrast would be remembered as the one that had their three main Holocrons stolen from them by the New Jedi Order. Hardly the best way to go down in history.

But she refused to allow it to lose her sleep.

And then she smiled. “Oh she’s a keeper. I suspect everyone says that…but I surely hope she’ll stay with me forever.” Her hand went to the two necklaces around her neck. “And I remain a Jedi. It’s a perfect situation for me. Truly ideal.”

“Do you have anyone?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu listened to that and looked at Corvus as she rose up. "I do, a former vice chancellor and senator. I met her while acting as her bodyguard." Matsu though saw Corvus and she leaned against a wall. "Though don't doubt yourself, you'll be known for much more in time. Never know you might find some ancient cache of jedi history that illuminates mysteries long forgotten." Matsu said it with a wider grin though before she brought out a small image. "Besides you shouldn't compare yourself to others, there is good and bad from most and you'll find plenty more as we all know." She grabbed some food and spoke. "Tea, hot." There was a look while a ceramic pot was being constructed with the tea within it. "Besides you never know what you can get studying ancient technology. There is so much more out there."

Corvus listened to Matsu’s kind words. She hoped she didn’t come across as petulant – in truth she cared little for how she was remembered. All that mattered is that she followed the Code, ensured the Order remained faithful to it, and she could ask for no more.

“It’s good to have someone I think. As long as our decisions are not impaired by any external attachments, I wonder why people object?”

And Corvus too ordered a drink – this time it was camomile tea. She found it both refreshing and soothing in equal measures.

“And yes, a cache of Holocrons wouldn’t be a bad thing to find.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu had some ideas for what she was saying, the way some people acted about things well she knew hypocrits were in everything and she was able to be one as well. Though she wasn't sure if it was better to be self aware or but oblivious to the fact, it was a matter for questioning and debate. "There are other things, I rather enjoy when some of the jedi I have seen trained earn or get something and then stretch that little title or authority to the limit to compensate." She had seen some do that within the order, it was a strange thing before she was moving with some of her attention on the things watching it. "I sadly can't deny there is some amusement in the jedi who have allowed their ego to swell over a simple title."

Corvus nodded. She'd seen and experienced much in her two decades as a Jedi. When she arrived on Ossus she struggled with the informality. She was used to titles. Not because any Jedi was more important than any other, but because of respect and tradition.

She still bowed upon greeting and leaving someone. She still referred to title when the occasion called for it. But she was a firm believer in equality. The difference between herself and a Youngling? She had learned things they hadn't yet. Only timing separated them. And Dooku, for all the wrong he did summed it up perfectly. A Jedi that takes too much notice of their title merely showed their opinion was not to be valued. Even Yoda had dismissed the notion that joining the Council was a promotion.

Both were right of course.

"How long will the jump take?" She asked out of curiosity and also technical interest. There wasn't always a correlation between the distance on a map and the journey time.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu was looking at her as they were heading and she wondered herself as well while she closed her eyes listening to the force with the starlines normalizing. Following the pathways to it the swirling red of the maze was out there while she was looking out among it. TUrning the ship so Corvus got a gull view of the galaxy. "I hope you didn't leave the stove on at the temple, we're very far and can't really go back to check." She said it with a smile while the map was changing and showing them from the beacons they had. Setting the course through the uncharted sections of the galaxy outside the galaxy for a moment and she brought the ship settling to get them in line with the planet.

And suddenly they were out of hyperspace and the view was – as ever – breathtaking. She was a Corellian and ships and space travel was in her blood. And times like these just brought it home.

Every view was different and she knew she was staring at a part of the galaxy that was less well travelled. And then she watched as Matsu performed the necessary calculations and adjustments to get them where they needed to be. Corvus rarely gave these actions up to a droid, she always preferred to be hands on and found it most exciting to perform the more exacting manoeuvres herself, trusting in the Force to keep her right.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu continued to guide the ship into the system and the planet with the force, she had the best idea of where they were going while she moved it forward with the world being a light and dark blue marble almost. The massive glaciers of the polar regions showing as she was bringing it down over the ice. Large spires protruding while the map was pointing them on the coordinates with the golden sheen of metal the only indication they had found something. "Yay ice." She said it slightly sarcastically but ice meant... they werent' going to have to try and descend into the water... they weren't going to have thousands of tons of pressure looking to kill them.. just something that is unforgiving and has a tendency to break around loud noises and swallow you up. The jedi master was moving near one of the spires as she couldn't see a way in but it looked like there were massive windows they could cut into.

Previously Corvus would have been shivering already - given they were going to be finding themselves in and then under the ice. Yet she had faith in her new ankle bracelet and so was almost looking forward to stepping out of the ship.

Almost...she'd feel more comfortable once the proof was warming her.

So she watched the descent and as they approached the spires, Corvus saw what looked like windows. She wasn't entirely sure what she expected, but this probably wasn't high on the list.

There was no need for her to fetch or pack anything. She was wearing her robes and ankle bracelet and from her bel hung her saber, shoto and katana. She was - quite simply - ready for anything.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom