Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three Headed Firaxa Attack

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"Back into the bowels of the city and to find these food food. If we can adapt or salvage the technology I am certain we could get it working again. They might have used cloning tech for meats, hydroponics and more." She was moving towards the stairs now instead of the vents and they could do a lot while Matsu brought up a map from the information in the system. She was looking over some of the things they had there but she was taking some of it with a grain of salt for not getting tooo curious. They could work and explore but needed to stay on mission and that was seeing if there was viable things within the city that could be used to help them. "I am sure we'll be able to get some more infomation. Just need to be careful."

Corvus had simple tastes and rarely — if ever — ate processed food. She mostly had salads and vegetables and recently had developed an interest in omelettes. She was sure a lot of what she ate was linked to cloning and genetic modification — which is why she loved going home. To her new home that is. There food was grown in front of your eyes and other than blue milk, she bought everything at local markets.

She followed Matsu to the stairs and looked over her shoulder at the map.

“Agreed,” Corvus shared. “Careful it is."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu agreed and was moving with the map down towards the lower levels that were marked for food and storage while she was leading it down there taking the steps two at a time until they were near some of the lower levels. The lights following them to stay illuminated but not around the whole city when she entered the hallway. A large arch going through the rooms as it reminded her of some of the old practice centers for grav ball or jumping... With jedi jumping made more sense for training and teaching as she was moving around and it looked a lot bigger and better suited for it. Marks on the wall where they were gauging how high and she continued through to the other side coming into another room full of frozen over fountains and stones. "I think these are singing stones, there used to be some in grandmaster yoda's room, for meditation and they can be relaxing." Or so she had heard while she was moving with a little purpose but more because everything seemed muted at times. Like whatever had been here just stopped as compared to long ago and she was putting it up to old ghosts. Matsu stopped at the door and opened it up as the storage area for food as it came opened revealing rows of tubes below and racks of frozen dirt above. The racks looked like hydroponics bays and she was going over some of the things. "These look like cloning tubes for meats. A good way to keep sustaining yourself if you can make the foods you need to survive."

Matsu set a fair pace and Corvus was mindful to keep up and also focus on their surroundings at the same time. They descended at a reasonable rate — the lighting only illuminating the area they were in — which was convenient but also gave any opposition a simple way of tracking their progress.

They walked under a large arch and she recognised some, but not all of the rings there. The singing stones, yes but the marks on the wall, no.

They stopped at a door and she saw that they’d reached the food stores. Rows of hydroponic bays were likely for cloning animals to eat. Compared to what she was used to it seemed a little creepy.

“I suppose people did what they had to,” she offered. “But it’s not for me. I think I’d rather be vegetarian than have to see animals growing here just to be killed for food.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

She was working with some of the equipment and the grandmaster had a point but there was always someone raising animals for food. "It should be no different then farmers raising them. Might be easier, no getting attached to something you have named and with the cloning processes the animals could feel no pain for what it is worth. Might not be the most ideal but jedi do need to eat more then veggies to survive and function." She was more practical and looked over some more of the things as she opened one of the tubes. "Plus cloning it does allow them to keep it fresh and not risk sickness from meat going rotten."

Another good thing for it if you were planning to survive is secret away from the galaxy or threats. Hideaway and listen but do not risk interacting with the chance of exposure. She was just looking over some of what they had as more rooms were in the area with similar sections for growing food and water recycling. Crates of crystals as she lifted them up. "Looks like mephite, focusing and some micro crystals for their robes." That caught her interest while she was looking over them and a coating of the small ones could function quite well. "They could have used these to coat their robes and hide from others if they needed to go out... or paint the city and it might in theory be able to work for a short time but that would be a lot and they would need machines to make more crystals."

Corvus reflected on her upbringing. Her parent’s wealth was an inheritance. A vast farming empire of space stations that generated food in this fashion - albeit vegetables.

It was why the very young Corvus tended a small herb garden behind their house. Her link to nature was too profound to take her father’s business at face value.

But she understood and recognised both the economic and humanitarian argument for farming in this way and nodded as Matsu explained.

And then her attention was drawn to the crystals. Secrecy was going to be a watch-word for the Order for some time to come and anything that enabled them to keep the new Academy away from prying eyes was a good thing. Although the scale might be beyond them.

“They’re worth investigating for sure,” she added as they progressed through the facility.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu kept looking over it and the pieces of equipment in the rooms while she opened older cases finding some of the things she could see of use like tools and even old robes. Matsu was making some notes and moving the containers around to slightly organize them and give an idea of what they had as she set down glow rods and a map while she set her palm holo down on one of the crates moving about to show it and the other rooms as she zoomed in. "So we have some better maps from recordings and we might be able to find the main rooms, whoever was in charge be it a master of the order or their own sort of grandmaster for a council of sorts should have some notes for things. Usually they would leave some places with a handful of jedi and staff to maintain it but I haven't seen any droids."

Corvus showed interest in the old robes. Jedi fashion changed little and yet, looking at these, she saw subtle changes in the material and the styling.

Once over this initial interest, she helped Matsu organise the cases by content and then focused back on her fellow Master.

She nodded. "In the absence of droids and a computer network, our best bet is written information — so you’re right, Council chambers or even offices of Jedi Masters or a Grand Master would be of use.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu kept her eyes on the map as she was trying to figure it out and organize her thoughts with it. Getting into the chambers could be simple... maybe. Usually padawans had dorms they could be in and knights or masters had roomsish that they could go and sleep or rest after some sort of mission. She knew there was a divide between the minimalist and the practical. That being if you were going to send people out into high stress missions and the field don't have them at the mercy when they return of others in a large open room. Someplace soundproofed they could sleep or get medical attention while she started tagging the more likely places within the city for rooms to search just based on ease of everyone getting to them for guidance. "Then we shall have to search them each and hope the cold preserved the ink." Matsu started heading off getting one of the belts for the robes and opening the compartments as she held one of the locator beacons and wondered if it would still work just in case.

Corvus admired Matsu’s practical and pragmatic ways. She was certainly organised for these adventures — whereas Corvus tended to turn up and see what might happen.

Searching the old-fashioned way was always an option and if there was one benefit in being a well-traveled Jedi, it was that their architecture didn’t change much. Often, inside a Temple or an Academy, you could be forgiven for not knowing which planet you were on — so similar were the designs.

This one was different, for sure, but there was an air of familiarity and she hoped the dormitories and sleeping quarters would be broadly what she was used to.

“OK, one room at a time it is. But if you spot any short-cuts, just let me know, OK?”

Corvus figured the large and open plan sleeping areas would yield the least. It was individual rooms that she expected to find most in.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu nodded to that and she had a few ideas about how they might be able to find some short cuts or work on things. Going towards some of the rooms as she opened the door and pried it. "Will do though now I am wanting to find more, find something ancient and cool. Last place I found the one fo the ancient artifacts and now." matsu trailed off as she entered and the lights came on revealing the empty room and meditation area while she moved through it. Touching the bed and the parts of the cabinets as she moved across to the drawers opening them. The datapads were in there and old holodisks marked with different study materials from the archives as she started holding them up. "Some different pieces of the archives to study. A good way to take it with you and learn as needed." She had the smile though opening her equipment pack to get tools and pry the shutters opened while she looked at the expanse across the open area to the other towers. Matsu was ready for anything and just about everythign that could come after them if they were in danger. It gave her hope before heading out towards the other rooms and scouring for anything that might be of interest that could help them.

Corvus followed suit and searched each and every drawer and shelf for anything of interest. Her priority was to pocket anything that sounded unfamiliar — that might augment what they already knew, as opposed to replicate.

A few holodisks fitted the bill, but the majority were simply standard fare. But they’d only just started.

“I guess we have plenty of time, which is on our side, and nothing appears to have been hidden. And a couple of these holodisks are promising to yield some new information. But a significant find? I wouldn’t object, trust me.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu looked at her with a nod. "Yeah though just wait until you start learning from the groups in the galaxy that mess with altering and shifting time. Then you'll really realize how much it can be on your side." She said it with a smile though while going itno another room and there were sections of the room with some droid parts while she was looking over them. Her intere4st on the probe droids while bringing out a small multi tool with the hydrospanner to open it up and get what information they could from it. She was walking through and one of the rooms brought her interest as she grabbed the door and focused to pry it open and reveal one of the chambers. Opulent tapestries and vases with images from tython and the temples while she beelined it to the computer system and sat down feeling the chill of the seat with a small look over a few things. The computer started up while she was going over it and the information on the city temple. "And we have some old reports, mostly for colonization of this galaxy and a way to explore it as well as the others. THey were trying to set up communication buoys with seeder ships."

As Matsu focused on the technological solution for finding information, Corvus continued to follow the paper trail.

Flimsies and holodisks were examined and largely discarded. One in fifty yielded something of interest without any significant find. But she was a scholar, used to spending days searching for clues. She'd spent five days looking for Braith's location for example - without sleep - so a few hours was nothing.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu kept looking and sat down as she went over a few of the things and bringing up the designs of the seeder ships it got her attention on a few of the things. The way the ships worked and maintained themselves were what came in handy as she moved her fingers over some of the things to get more information. "There is some data from surveys here in this system and we should be able to use it for resrouce gathering. Might be a god way to look for alternate sources of metals and crystals. With droids even it could be mined and pocked up as needed away from most records unless needed. Same way the ghost prison functions."

Corvus’ attention was drawn to what Matsu was doing. She was looking at ships and so the Corellian in her paid attention.

“Resources? Anything we can do to be more self-sufficient is never a bad thing. We serve the Republic but we’re also a drain on its coffers and…as has been mentioned before, holding the purse-strings means we’re beholden to it. Not exactly the same as serving.”

“And if that could be automated by droids? So much the better.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"Yes that can be a hard thing when you rely on something. Which is why Sasori went independent of the orders once we started being able to mine. It allowed for us to get the things we wanted to do and not rely on a government." It also helped they could make their operations budget with one of several mines they handled for Aurodium on some of the world. Untapped resources were always a good way to go about things. "So far we just get paid to fund research and more by governments like the Republic and Sanctum." She kept with the designs moving some of the seed ship to her design while relying on some of the droids and her reactors. She might be able to make some nice droids for resource gathering that could convert and make sheets or block to melt down later. Better storage.

Corvus listened. There was clearly a balance to be had between being independent and being distracted from your main purpose. Her older sister was a business-woman and focused on both aspects of her life — and had promised to fund the Order if need be. The more Corvus thought about it, the more Matsu and Taeli had in common.

Corvus, on the other hand, was entirely a more traditional Jedi. Some would define it as old-fashioned, and that was also entirely fair. Life was always about perspectives — so none were wrong and all were right.

“My primary focus right now is to make our hangar on Lothal invisible. I’m sure we can treat the surface with something that makes it difficult to detect visibly, but to avoid sensor detection? That’s key. And I’ve already had a small woods built to disguise the area around it and the walk to the Temple. So any ideas you have would be really helpful.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"Well there are ways.... just depends on what kind you want to work on." The no look system she had seen could work for hiding things from sensors but it was double blind and would make it so your sensors didn't work going out. There was hybridium they could use but it did the same thing.... and reacted violently to hyperspace... Thankfully if this was bing used to disguise a hanger it wouldn't be going into hyperspace so that wouldn't be a problem. "Hybridium could work, my company has a mine for it and it is a semi more common crystal compared to stygium. There is also he adegan cloak that Domino showed how to create."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Corvus listened. "Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. A secret Temple that's visible from space isn't much use to anyone I'm afraid. And ships coming in and out will be the surest tell. Although there are countless planets in the galaxy and the site is neither near Republic space nor well-used. So the odds on being spotted are low. But anything that can lower them? It gets my vote."

"And what can we do in return?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom