Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three Headed Firaxa Attack

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu looked at Corvus with her surprise and giggled a little in excitement. "Yes, some jedi I have seen have made it different colors as well. Different shades of yellow and gold, or green, emerald and one master I trained had white. Which in retrospect.. fits his personality very well as he is very plain." She was looking over the map and got one of the grates opened showing pipes and the sound of the city slowly coming back to life for a small gasp of air. She climbed in looked at and memorizing the map as she started climbing and speaking. "You'll find exploring and looking at some of the mysteries of the force grandmaster that things can and will always get stranger. Just wait until I drag you to the rift and show you the Ta-Ree. You'll be doing loops and you realize they can bend space, fold the worlds to their whim and see across entire worlds using reflections and make sands on a planet into something more." She had some ideas and showing what she knew and had seen or learned to another could prove invaluable. Corvus respected lore and knowledge without abusing it and someone like her could understand it and their teachings. Plus traveling with someone was so much more fun then being by yourself.

Corvus knew a little of the Ta-Ree. It was, from memory a manifestation of the Force and was somehow linked to the Kathol Rift disaster. She remembered reading that the very fabric of space and of the Force itself were twisted in the region.

This manifested itself in the ability to to use some sort of 'spirit energy.’ And she’d heard of Abilities only useable by those that used this energy.

“I’d love to visit it one day. The call on my time is significant and I am dying to create some for me and my needs. I have been a Jedi for over two decades without so much as a day off. I think it’s about time I became a more well-rounded individual.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu looked at her and the grandmaster seemed like she was pretty rounded, she worked with everyone, she was a peacekeeper and best of all she enjoyed being with her jedi rather then just the ones who blew smoke up her... Matsu trailed off as she was climbing into the vents and going up. The ladder they had while she looked over some of the things and followed the guide lights to illuminate the ladder and way up to some of the other sections. Her attention going back a little thuogh while she was having some fun like this. "I don't knw, compared to some you seem very rounded, willing compared to most to work with all jedi instead of just those who are on the council or agree with you. It is refreshing and helps build trust, I would enjoy seeing other grandmasters do that. You also don't look at fellow jedi who have a differing interpretation of the code or tenets as false jedi like so many others in the order did to drive them away." She continued going on and looked back with a grin for it cause this was a good time and this while being dark for jedi was well... it was jedi for the most part uniting... and the ones who wanted power going off to form their own orders instead of just trying to poison the others.

Corvus smiled and focused on the climbing. “I always worked to be a well-rounded Jedi. My first Master taught me the value at a very young age. But I focused on being a Jedi at the detriment of being a person. I realise that now. Not a party animal, or one with countless hobbies and interests, but one that has a part of their life that is not defined by the wearing of a robe. It is making me feel more in touch with people.”

“And I was always led to believe all Jedi were equals. Title means nothing. Levels mean nothing. They are artificial measures. And if we all aspire to do the greater good, who am I to debate or criticise the journey any other Jedi makes? Or even non-Jedi. There are those that do the right things — even if they do them in a way we don’t all embrace. And what is so wrong with that?”

“I do not judge and do not expect to be judged. But I accept it when it happens. I have an obligation. As a role-model I suspect. Which I undertake as best I can, but do not believe I am a perfect Jedi. Or someone to be emulated. I am simply a Jedi. Like any other.”

“Too many spend too long focusing on our differences and not enough time on our similarities. I suspect, deep-down, even the most hardened detractor would have to admit we are — under the robes — pretty much the same.”

“What are your thoughts?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Under the robes we are all the same... Matsu looked back at her while she was climbing and getting up more stopping for a brief moment. "Wise words and well I was born in a jedi prison smuggled out and raised by an old Imperial knight and taken in by the order when I was young. I don't know another life and it took some people to teach me how to be human instead of just a jedi following a code." She had to smile though while doing it and the vent was there as she grabbed pushing it opened to reveal a half illuminated chamber, the large central spire of the city was in the ice more then she could see and looked out at all of it. "Your position though is something, believe there is no difference between the wisest grandmaster or the lowest initiate but there is. It is experience and age but you have the unique power to work and try to ensure that your jedi feel supported regardless and the others who might not be force users but want to be good and help people. I am not a leader, I am someone who just has some skills. I got in trouble because I chose to protect lives instead of watch people be slaughtered."

Corvus mused how they had many similarities. So often now Jedi came to the Order later in life. With life experiences under their belt. The likes of Corvus and Matsu knew only the life of a Jedi.

And sometimes that made being a Jedi and following the Code easier. Other times it made it harder — because there was no context to decisions. Corvus listened and nodded and they travelled. Whatever drove Matsu away from the Order could not be repaired and she was unsure it should be raised as a topic of conversation.

But facts were facts. They stood together as Jedi. Not as members of this Order or that Order. But as Jedi. United in that fact.

“A magnificent view’” Corvus said, clearly keen to re-focus on the task in hand. There were untold dangers here and the time for casual conversation was when they were safe again.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu looked up at the view and it was beautiful, the ice was in different shades of blue and white they could work on it as Matsu went to the wall and brought the lights up more of the room. Looking over some of the things there while she opened the wall panels to look at the power systems. She was working on it as the old wires looked to just function a little. "It is old but the cold has somewhat preserved it. Just need to work on getting it warmed up and the power right, we might be able to find what they had been working on or mapped out. An entire different galaxy largely unexplored except a few planets."

"We might get lucky and find something or who knows... There have been stranger things in the galaxy." She was working on it and the room rumbled as more power came to it and she looked at one of the displays. "The power systems are kicking in, nice and warm to recycle and recharge the power cells for at least a little while. It likely wasn't built to last in the ice but the walls have protected it like an insulation in vehicles for the snow." She didn't have a large amount of the powering the read out but it was getting there and the sounds of thing as she deactivated the shield to conserve power and was hoping the emitters remained frozen."

The thermal generators to warm it up was not needed for them as she deactivated them. They had skills to handle the problem of the cold and besides it never bothered her anyways. For now the real question was in what they could find while bringing up some of the logs. "The computers datalogs are still intact, dates of the recordings look start after the fall of the order to the Pous Dea and the last one is from before the battle of Ruusan." There had been a lot lost in that time and the Order of the Terrible Glare had done a lot to drive their former order off and aside from retreating to Ossus it made sense to retreat and find other places they could wtch and operate.

If there was anything more exciting than finding historic records that proved or disproved known lore it was this…potentially finding brand new lore. New galaxies, or planets. New technology or even just stories. Recollections of Jedi past, or an alien species even. Maybe a view of the Force previously not considered? The options were endless.

As the power started up, she glanced around. It would be easy for their guard to be down right about now.

“As long as we don’t melt any of the bits that might fall on us, I’ll be happy,” Corvus added as Matsu explained what she was doing. And she noted that Matsu had the same thoughts.

The Crusades would have been responsible for the loss of plenty of data — particularly anything alien. If these records could be used to supplement what they already knew, the find would be amazing. But she was particularly taken by the reference to Ruusan. Now that was an era she couldn’t read enough about.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu gave a nod to that, without melt the ice they could do a lot and she was certain there was a safer way if they worked it. Just needed to get a team and slowly cut out the ice if anything and brace it from above and below if they could. SOme more of her thoughts were on things slightly beyond her control but the ice was beautiful when she brought a map up. THe lights dimming and view of the planets in their system then extending out to show the Rishi Maze and below it the galaxy. Ossus was there highlighted and Coruscant while she was searching over it and she stood under the map. "That is us right here, we are near the Kamino system maybe a day or so journey. There is another jedi city there in the ocean." She was pointing at it. "And that is Coruscant and Ossus, the lines and territory markers they have are out of date but." Matsu was looking and pointing. "Those markings would indicate the other locations in the satallites. We might have a preservation effort, a fallback for situations like the Pius Dea or sith seeking to wipe the order out. Instead of retreating to a world like Tython, for to worlds only jedi scouting parties had found and established shelters on."

Corvus pored over the map with great interest. The locations of Jedi temples and academies were well known to her. The Empire and One Sith between them had destroyed many - if not most. So she checked them off, one by one.

One caught her eye. It was an area of the galaxy she knew little about but near Hoth was a planet that suggested it had a temple, or academy, or both. She closed her eyes momentarily and recalled what she knew. Lothal. Yes, that was it. As soon as she could, she would start to investigate it. Coruscant had gone. Python had gone. Ruusan and Ossus were gone.

Yavin IV was in Jedi hands, for the moment, but the number available to use was dwindling. Lothal could be the perfect choice.

And then she focused once more on what Matsu was saying and she realised some of the sites were unknown to her. Which gave them a lot of possibilities.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu looked at Corvus taking the interest in the map as she tapped some of them zooming in. "This looks like one of the older temples we had on Arkania and here is Dantooine, this I think may Tund where we were watching some of the things."She was taking some interest in the things but it was all the ones she didn't know about she could keep busy on those for years or longer and with all that they had she might be able to convince some of her researchers going to and searching the other locations. "I know this one on Lothal and that is Telos. The polar regions were aa great place for jedi to hide but I am not certain about a couple of these. I haven't seen much in way of evidence on Taris." That might be worth looking at and seeing what they might be able to find or search out, maybe the ancient jedi helped set up the supposed promise land. "This could be decades of research and teams working on things and we might not have even scratched the surface with enough power and a way to ensure it is protected we could find far more information here."

Corvus realised that some of the places mentioned not only had she not visited — but they were no longer in existence.

“Jedi Lore is something to be preserved forever of course, but I wonder about the loss of sites as much as artefacts. The One Sith are about to destry the crystal caves on Ilum. I mean…how many Jedi had crystals from that site, yet we stand at a point in history where reference totem is no more relevant than talking of the Ruusan Wars.”

“We need to preserve some sites and…in my opinion…sort out a reference guide for Padawans and Masters alike as to where crystals can be found nowadays. The old sites have been mostly lost. I mean, other than Rhen Var, Tatooine and Dantooine, where would you go nowadays?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu turned and looked at Corvus as she thought about it and if the caves on Ilum were to be destroyed that would be a danger... given sith used the crystals just as much as a jedi. THey would destroy something because... she didn't know. "There are a couple other worlds where crystals grow but Ilum would be a heavy loss." SHe couldn't do anything about it though, there was a problem she had found with some mistaking a jedi fighting for a jedi falling while plugging in her datapad and set it to start downloading the information. "There are always worlds though in the galaxy where the force runs strong and there are techniques that can help with something. Crystals on Kesh and Dagobah can be tainted but the old jedi taught techniques to purify the dark taint from them. It might not seem the most helpful but healing the dark taint of the crystals the sith value could force them to realize that jedi can adapt."

“Adapt or die?” Corvus mused. “True, but I guess I’m old-fashioned. To know the ground that Master Kenobi walked on is no more. That no other Jedi can get a crystal from that place? It saddens me. Yes, we can create them synthetically, but the crafting of a saber, choosing the crystal. It was all part of becoming a Knight. At least it was for me. But you’re right. There are other worlds and we need not fear we might never have crystals again.”

“So, is all this downloading for you?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu looked at her and nodded her head. "It is and I am old fashioned as well but my master once told me a jedi is in here." Matsu tapped her chest. "That whenever I was in doubt seeing the darksides destruction to look inwards and try to be the jedi I wanted to be. It wasn't just the force or a crystal or a lightsaber, those can be lost, they can be taken from you and putting value in them can be important but dangerous." She was moving now while it downloaded and looking over the map and zooming it out and then in towards the deep core. "Plus one place no one looks for jedi secrets is right here where I constructed the jedi ghost prison and we have the birthplace of the force... or at least the midi-chlorians that allow us to feel it. The force priestesses taught me plenty when I went there to meditate."

Corvus nodded as Matsu spoke. “Let there be truth between your heart and the Force. All else is transitory. I say that every night before I sleep. The evening I can’t sleep is the time I know it no longer holds true for me. And I will no longer be a Jedi.”

“The Deep Core?” Corvus thought out loud. It was an area she’d not visited as much as she liked. Two, maybe three planets. In part it was due to the One Sith’s control of the region. In some way it was her duty to be on Ossus so much in the past dozen years.

Either way, it was something she was going to remedy. And the mention of meditation sealed the deal. “Which Force priestesses?” she asked.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu was looking at her and she moved brigning up her palm holo as the image of a hovering woman in an old painting came. "The force priestesses of legend... for some. Think of them like guides who teach you how to understand yourself and the force." She deactivated the holo and listenign to that first part she bowed in some respect. Corvus knew many things and talking with her was more insightful then most while she zoomed to the map. "They are located here at the center of the galaxy, our galaxy... I don't know what is at the center of the other ones but would like to find out. A lot of information could be obtained from it and with some of the ancient tomes we have found there could be other things. I found and touched the heart of the universe from their influence."

Corvus recognised the image. She’d head of the Force Priestesses and that they apparently came from the the home of the midi-chlorians.

Her understanding was that they were shape-shifters and were able to manifest as an emotion — which was slightly ironic given Corvus’ recent history, but also sparked the idea that, if only for this reason, she should meet them. Serenity, Joy, Anger, Confusion, and Sadness. She was keen to understand why they chose these five.

And given her research into Obi-Wan’s Holocron and his work on becoming a Force Spirit, she knew they could complete her knowledge in this regard too.

“I should very much like to meet them, one day,” she said. “Soon, if possible.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu was looking at her and she gave a nod. "Easier said then done, to meet them I found them because they wanted me to find them and some of the other jedi who have reported meeting them. You might be able to find the planet but whether they would be there could be a very different story." She kept working and sifting through the information while doing it. "This looks promising, they had farming and agriculture bays in the city. A way to grow food could come in handy on world like this or others, save risk of fields and detection at least." She had a few other ideas but was wondering what they might be able to find, the jedi temple here seemed more promising to explore as a time capsule and fallout shelter they could explore to see how they planned to survive over just searching for some secret vault if they existed.

Corvus nodded her agreement. It was one thing to find a planet but finding someone that did not want to be found was another matter entirely.

“No matter,” she said. “If it will be, it will be.” And she focused instead on what Matsu was saying. Growing food underground would prove mightily useful on somewhere like Lothal, where anything in the open would point people at the location of a new temple.

“So, where are we heading?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom