Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three Headed Firaxa Attack

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu looked at her and gave a nod setting them in a good place and moving as she stood in the robes with her sabers on one hip and the chakram saber on the other. Her anklet in her boot and she brushed herself ready while walking into the ice. One hand looking at the spire while she starred up it and held her hands out. The energy within the force flowing off of her body was she was feeling the ice and shaping it while she breathed into the force to make hand grips for them. She wasn't certain if Corvus knew how to fly or used grapple equipment so it was easier to work on it while she made the grips solid again while they went up the wall. Her head tilting up a little towards one of the open windows before she was prying at it with the force to try and crack it opened enough that they would be able to climb up and into it. She held her hands out while whispering and letting them become coated in a green mist for a moment while she had the witches grip on the wall going up with her feet gripping on the ice. "I do not know how good you are with some of the more exotic sects of the force."

Corvus simply followed Matsu — much as she had done last time out.

So she used her spelunking experience from her days on Corellia to follow Matsu up the wall. The question threw her.

“Exotic? No, I can’t say my training covers much in that regards. My knowledge is pretty standard Jedi fare. I have purposefully kept my knowledge-set limited — I wish to spend my training time on the things I know as opposed to adding too many new Abilities and be jack-of-all-trades.”

“But I’m good at improvising.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Slipping through the window as she listened to Corvus there was a nod of agreement to it, the idea of being a jack of all trades in the force though had its advantages of being able to have skills needed in different situations. "Well I can only speak from my own experiences with it grandmaster. It has been interesting to learn and there are groups within the rift that have found how to use the force in ways no one else can. Folding space and time, seeing into the past and future or." She remained there while she was standing up and raised her hands while she pulled at the light filtering in and slowly it collected. A large glowball illuminating the room they were in and it was like a mini sun at the center of the ceiling casting down light to show seats and a display from an old council chambers. She couldn't see more but the old lift in the corner had more shadows while she was moving. "Creating a giant ball of light." She said it with a look and grin though while she pulled a glow rod out and dropped it down the lift. "Plus Corvus you know there is always room to learn and it should never stop."

Corvus chuckled as Matsu gave her thoughts on learning new skills. She was right of course.

“Although light helps us, it also helps others. I tend to prefer Force Sight when confronted with the dark. But your approach works well.”

And some of the Abilities the Master mentioned were most intriguing. Folding space and time for example sounded most useful. She made a mental note to look into it when she returned.

“So, down the lift-shaft?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu looked at her with a nod as the ball of light was fading but gave them more then enough time for the climb down. "Yeah, I am not feeling power throughout the city." Matsu moved and stepped off while she was hovering with her hands ready to grab while slowly going down towards the glow rod at the bottom of the shaft. "There are other techniques developed to see in the dark then force sight. The disciples of twilight developed techniques for seeing each other in the dark while bending the light to conceal themselves." Another group she had taken the time to work with, skilled men and women that enjoyed tea and some snack foods. She'd have to remember all the notes for the jedi grandmaster while her hands went to one of the doors prying it open with the hallway extending below them. The dripping of water and a small puddle below reflecting green light from the glow rod.

Corvus grinned. "I too visited the Discliples. A small galaxy, eh?"

After the underground caves on Corellia - this was a relatively straightforward climb. There wasn't water and complete darkness to contend with for a start.

But she took care - complacency was never a good thing and overconfidence often came before a fall.

So she kept close to Matsu and finally was able to follow her into a hallway.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu was listening and small galaxy she thought with a grin on her face. Walking through the green lit hallway as she stepped in a puddle had her attention on a few things. She was on edge and seeking with the force anything within the field of her senses, small electronic signatures within the city that could give her an idea as she came to the end of the hallway and it felt different. More opened with the air tingling almost as she looked up. The roof arched but with framework and they had a dark icy blue dome. "It looks like there was a shield here at one point. The snow and ice likely froze over it and then when it failed it left a dome over." She had seen things like this before and being here int he city Matsu wanted to take it all in seeing there were building, temples with old ships that were iced over. She could only see somewhat beyond the range of the glow rod as she tossed more out to brighten up the area.

The thought of an ice dome that formed on a shield that subsequently failed was a wonder of nature but slightly disconcerting. Even their two bodies might generate enough heat to make the crystals in the ice change sufficiently to cause the structure to come tumbling down.

“Wonderful,” Corvus noted. “Best seen from the viewpoint of somewhere under durasteel,” she added, smiling.

Corvus relied on the glow rods for now. She could use Force Sense but the views were actually breathtaking and she didn’t want to miss them by closing her eyes. But she kept a watchful look on the ceiling — just in case.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu gave a nod of her head while she was seeing it all with more light and she saw doors to parts of the city while there were more spires in the distance and what looked like platforms leading down into more sections of the city as she dropped a glow rod looking up and then down again seeing a window. "I have never seen a city or temple like this, there might have been things in the library or the archives but there is so much." Matsu was moving and the ice blue was clear that she could see and saw a shape. Something just there while watching it and it was large while Matsu was reaching out to try and sense what it was. "Ah to you know by chance know how large the progenitor was?"

The question caught Corvus off-guard. “The Progenitor? As in Manaan? It was a Firaxan shark. A female. Massive was what I remember.”

She racked her brains for anything more specific.

“No…immense was mentioned — and proximity to Rakata technology was cited as a possibility. But that was never proved. So in answer to your question…no, I can’t say a dimension. Why do you ask?”

Corvus awaited an answer - and deep-down knew she wasn't going to like it.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu was watching her and feeling out with the force as she crouched down holding her hand where the ice was thin. "There are creatures in the ice, you can feel it with the force." While she was shaping the ice and slowly reflecting the images of what she could feel and see. "It is not alive but the creature in the ice is massive. I am guessing it lived and when the ice came it got trapped." She wasn't fully certain but shaping the ice to show what was there as she solidified it. Holding the multi headed ice sculpture up with raised eyebrows. "I will admit to wanting to learn what I can about these ancient places and given how much the jedi have moved into ancient cities. This might have been something else from another species like the old city on Tython."

Corvus felt a little relieved. Trips out with Matsu seemed to involve fighting some huge beast and something the size of the fabled shark would be a challenge they might not survive.

And she followed Matsu’s lead and touched the ground. She sensed the creature now. It was truly massive and there was almost a sadness that it was once alive and then was no doubt trapped before quite literally freezing to death.

“And you don’t need to convince me of the benefits of learning. Although my era of preferred interest is around the Ruusan Reformation, I appreciate ancient times too. And I’ve been researching more obscure eras of late. Broadly ten thousand years ago to be more precise. Fascinating — and I actually can speak to someone to check out the fact from the fiction.”

“Which is all very interesting but doesn’t move us forward. So…where now?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu was looking at Corvus and thinking about where to next as she was slightly only slightly at a loss. Mostly because she had no idea what this city was laid out like, they could end up in a refresher or something that was before biowaste converters. That was not somethign she wanted to risk but trying to pretend she knew seemed insulting to the grandmasters intelligence. "I do not know where to go but anywhere seems like it could be a good place. Might find a map or something that tells us where we are. Maybe they had a mess hall with some of those little cakes that are supposed to last forever." Matsu was moving and going towards the different sections of the city as she got to a smaller spire opening the door and heading inside.

Corvus smiled. “Everlasting ryshcate sounds like something someone should invent. The Academy kitchen makes it up for me when I go on missions, but it only lasts so long before it goes dry. Even with the whiskey soaked into it.” She smiled. It was an odd conversation they were having, given the location and likely peril they would face.

“The question we must answer is this.” Her face went serious for a moment. “If we find one of these cakes, how do we know it has lasted forever? I mean, we’d only know by trying it. And I might face a rancor without blinking an eye…but eating a centuries-old everlasting dairy product? I may have to pass on that one.” And then she laughed. “You’re the leader, it’ll be down to you to try it.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu looked at Corvus as she was asking the tough questions... the mind altering and galaxy changing questions the likes of which many would never be able to see. 'Do jedi space twinkies really last forever?' There was so much weight to that the jedi master needed to slow down and think about it for a time while she was moving into the hallway and now getting a better idea of the city. The glow rods outside wouldn't risk the ice in case it could melt and fall in on them but she could use the light in here and going through the hallways the staircase they found while she stepped on it and it seemed more like the steps were made for something other then her or human with their size. Matsu was going down them while she looked over the walls looking at pictures and mural. "I think if we find something, never know. I am always for trying new or old things."

Corvus was raised on a diet of primarily salads and ration bars since the age of four. She’d only recently discovered ice-cream and her only vice was ryshcate.

Space twinkies? Her follow Master was referencing pop culture things well within the average person but well beyond this particular Jedi.

So she nodded in that way that people who had no idea what they were agreeing to do, and hoped it would become self-evident as the experience unfolded.

“So…new things. Onwards and downwards. Off we go…”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu was looking at her in agreement and new things in an ancient city... while not exactly true was making them to to the two of them and she was taking the stairs quickly while looking everything over. She wanted to see what they could get into and learn all about before moving on or maybe... they would learn this was some ancient flying city they could set on auto pilot to go back to the jedi.... A joke sure but given she had seen entire planets recreated after they were destroyed there were near endless possibilities. She wasn't going to discount something just because they hadn't seen it before while she got to the bottom of the stairs and the doorway was iced over with a thin sheet. Matsu tapped it lightly and worked on it with the force to crack it and get at the door while she was pulling it open so they could get in and she spoke. "Looks like a generator room, we might get lucky and find some map or designs. Or a way to power the place up."

Despite not feeling the cold, power would be good. There was something comforting - even for Jedi - about lighting and energy. Opening doors, finding plans and schematics. All these things were easier for sure.

She kept close to her companion - and her focus was on their surroundings. With Matsu having to deal with the detail of what they were doing, Corvus' role was to be assured they didn't come across any surprises. Or make sure they didn't surprise something else.

So far...so good.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Matsu continued to bring them forward and in the bowels of the city the scent of oil was there. The machinery was old, ancient but she could see it and stopped leaving a glow rod near one of the consoles while she pulled one of the power cells out. The thing was dead for sure but old model and it was made to charge like some of the ship cells for power converters. Those charged with enough materials being broken down and feeding energy into it but she wasn't seeing several tons of waste and scrap to power one of them. Matsu focused on it and rubbed her hands together as pink light crackled and she released into the studs to charge it electric judgement.

She doubted charging all of them but if they could get minimal power and get the city at least able to do a few things for a time she and Corvus could find things. "I'll need to look into adding portable generators to standard equipment just in case." There was some power in the cell and she moved when low lights began to appear, more cells they could work on charging as Matsu released more pink judgement with tinges of purple and her connection to the sigil's force battery aided her. The jedimaster moving off while the room become visible and she moved around grinning to herself. "Might not last but we should be able to turn on some lights or at least have the back ups for guiding in black outs."

Her hand pointed to the small guide and warning lights on the floor leading to the exits and fire supplies. Matsu was walking while she looked over some of the sections in the room seeing the piping for it. Wires going into the walls as the ancient city for the moment tried to return to life on them. It was like a heartbeat as she felt the electrical sparks of energy going through and really she was hoping the shield wasn't going to still be on as that would eat up any energy she could create quickly with Corvus here as she brought up her map of where they had went on the holopad adding the small information from the maintenance shaft diagram on the wall. "No real labels but it shows for engineers and repair crews how to get all over."

Corvus watched as Matsu went to work. She mused she was in many ways a bystander when they worked together. Her companion seemed adept at everything she wanted to accomplish. So Corvus reflected that her role was as much about keeping her fellow Master company as anything else. They shared a love of Lore — which was rare enough these days.

And she was fascinated by Matsu’s use of the Force. Not Force Lightning but Electric Judgement she figured. But instead of being the emerald shade of green that was the Ability’s other name, it was…pink.

“Pink!” she said out loud before she had a chance to stop herself. “Sorry, it’s just, well, you know…unusual.”

She blushed enough to be seen even in this light.

“Oh, a map,” she said, hurriedly changing the subject. “Good work. Good work.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom